AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-12-25, 22:31   Link #61
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

I am starting to wonder if Cygames have some issues now?

Bahamut spin-off got "delayed" and probably just cancelled. Fate of Bahamut S2 is unknown for 9 monts or so already and now Granblue got delayed.
Old 2016-12-26, 05:55   Link #62
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Thy article has no source to back the claim back then.
It was specifically stated that announcement was done back during a live stream, which was pretty much relayed by multiple sites already. And the official twitter confirmed that the very same day.
Old 2016-12-26, 08:00   Link #63
Westlo
Lets be reality

Sawashiro is in this?

Old 2016-12-26, 08:02   Link #64
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

April huh? Now might be a good time to play the game before the anime is out.
Old 2016-12-26, 12:47   Link #65
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

I hope Keiji Fujiwara is well and that his illness isn't one of the reasons gbf got delayed... I keep looking for info about his well being but can't find much
Old 2016-12-26, 13:43   Link #66
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I don't think Fujiwara had any direct impact in the production considering that his agency announced his medical leave on 8th August, whereas GBF the animation was announced on 16th. In that kind of situation, it is to be expected that his agency had contacted studios and other contractors weeks in advance.
If his absence would lead to that kind of production delay, they wouldn't have announced the anime series back on august but more likely around october and november considering that finding another seiyuu for dubbing would take at the very least 1 month, so it is very likely there is another reason for that delay.
Old 2017-01-17, 09:27   Link #67
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Key Visual
Images
big
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by LKK; 2017-01-17 at 15:48. Reason: added images tag
Old 2017-01-17, 10:20   Link #68
AB079
Banned

Looks average as hell, the designs aren't that good to be honest.
Old 2017-01-17, 10:21   Link #69
nfsac

Best girl Narmaya wont be on it?
Old 2017-01-17, 10:42   Link #70
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Very unlikely. The cast from the story mode is large enough. Putting popular characters like Narumea, Cagliostro etc would be suicidal for a project that is already screwed by production issues.
At best, we can expect few cameos.
Old 2017-01-17, 14:53   Link #71
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Using the female protagonist from the game would have been more interesting.
Old 2017-01-17, 20:39   Link #72
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Using the female protagonist from the game would have been more interesting.
Actually not, afterall as the silent protagonist they both are the same with only the gender as difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsac View Post
Best girl Narmaya wont be on it?
Not even my boy Walder will be on it.

And let's not even talk about the large list of best boys like Perci, Eustace, etc that won't make it.

An anime based on a game with mutiple races yet the main story is about humans. So no erun, no dorafs nor harvin to be featured in the main cast.
Old 2017-01-17, 21:31   Link #73
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Why I always think this anime is going to bomb hard.
GBF's main story sucks really really bad.
And only has a handful of popular characters. (Katrina, JK, psycho lesbian, Ferry)

While fan favorites like Per sama, Naru ne, Cagli, Jeanne, Claris, Eustace, Vampy, and the list goes on.
And I am pretty sure the fans would like to see the story of the Knight Quartet, or the Organization, or the Crimson Horizon more than the dumb and uninspiring main story.
Old 2017-01-18, 09:11   Link #74
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Very unlikely. The cast from the story mode is large enough.
I don't think it's that large.

How many do we have for the earlier stages?
Gran, Vyrn, Catalina, Pommern, Lyria, Team Rocket, Rackam, Io, the Duke, Eugen, Black Knight, the Doll, Noa, Yorozuya, Bismarck and who else?

Quote:
Putting popular characters like Narumea, Cagliostro etc would be suicidal for a project that is already screwed by production issues.
At best, we can expect few cameos.
IMO it was suicidal the moment it got announced knowing the favorites aren't in the Main story, unlike FGO those characters that are popular are featured in the story mode here you would have to edit the script to make it work.

Featuring them would be more a service and a way to save the project from flopping hard unless they go full merch and start giving serial codes to blackmail players into buying their products and even then I doubt it would work as the trade system is just fine the way it is (except for Zoey, fuck VISA).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
And only has a handful of popular characters. (Katrina, JK, psycho lesbian, Ferry)[/QUOTE]
Catapillar aside I doubt the anime will even get to show Vira and Ferry.

I don't even think if they do they'll stay anyway, Vira was antagonist for the arc that was quite short and Ferry's is a side story despite belonging to the main.

Quote:
While fan favorites like Per sama, Naru ne, Cagli, Jeanne, Claris, Eustace, Vampy, and the list goes on.
And I am pretty sure the fans would like to see the story of the Knight Quartet, or the Organization, or the Crimson Horizon more than the dumb and uninspiring main story.
Not even Soyja trio will be there.

*screams inside*
Old 2017-01-18, 13:46   Link #75
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Actually not, afterall as the silent protagonist they both are the same with only the gender as difference.
It's not about the dialog, but the tropes.

If they picked the girl then there would be less stupid tropes to deal with, and it would have been more unpredictable.
Somehow I can already see what they'll use to add filler to the episodes. Shallow super painfully slow ambiguous romance here we come.
Old 2017-01-18, 14:00   Link #76
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Arguably not original, but it is actually decent with "old fashioned" tropes. It all depends how the director will present that stuff, and the special ep this month might give an idea about that.
Quote:
I don't think it's that large.

How many do we have for the earlier stages?
Gran, Vyrn, Catalina, Pommern, Lyria, Team Rocket, Rackam, Io, the Duke, Eugen, Black Knight, the Doll, Noa, Yorozuya, Bismarck and who else?
Add Rosetta, Lecia, Monica, Furias, Vira. We can also count Wilder because he joins every player de facto.

That's quite sizeable already, and adding other chars would definitely lead to ridiculous selection issues.
Quote:
Featuring them would be more a service and a way to save the project from flopping hard unless they go full merch and start giving serial codes to blackmail players into buying their products and even then I doubt it would work as the trade system is just fine the way it is (except for Zoey, fuck VISA).
Featuring certain characters doesn't exactly spell success whatsoever, even with service in mind. Kancolle is a glaring example of that: the number of featured girls didn't help the inherent flaws of the anime. What they need to do is to have a proper focus of the story, most notably what's the deal with Lyria and everyone around her.
Old 2017-01-18, 14:56   Link #77
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Story mode Walder isn't featured AND his voice isn't with the announced cast so far.

KanColle had different problems, first poor original plot, then sempai drama named Fubuki every single episode, CG animation, no Admiral.

And despite the flaws it sold because fans did it for their favorites characters.
It succeeded.

GBF has a story as generic as it is but if the staff doesn't tries to at least appeal the fandom for the reasons the mobage is played for they might as well expect it to bomb.

@felix
I thought you played it to speak like that. Guess not...

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2017-01-18 at 15:07.
Old 2017-01-18, 19:59   Link #78
drawr

I don't think cygames is expecting this to do any big numbers, they are already making bank in several different areas. This is likely just to further promote the game and I'm sure they will have a lot of other promotions(events/merchandise etc) happening alongside it. It should coincide with the anniversary too since it's airing in spring.
Old 2017-01-18, 20:54   Link #79
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Do we know how many episodes will it be, anyway? I wonder if they plan to animate the whole Phantagrande/Ao no Shoujo arc or just until Albion... though doing 70+ chapters would probably mean 50+ episodes so that's just fancy dreaming
Old 2017-01-18, 23:10   Link #80
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawr View Post
I don't think cygames is expecting this to do any big numbers, they are already making bank in several different areas. This is likely just to further promote the game and I'm sure they will have a lot of other promotions(events/merchandise etc) happening alongside it. It should coincide with the anniversary too since it's airing in spring.
I agree with this. IIRC Rage of Bahamut anime didn't very hot, but it did boost subscription to the game a lot. If the adaptation does the same here they probably won't care too much how the disk sales do as expsoure and merch sales will cover the rest.
Closed Thread