AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-06-09, 16:13   Link #1221
Tenzen12

This is nothing like Guilty Crown, that one was bad because itt had consistency of diarrhea and used every existing cliche in worst way possible. Kabaneri might be rather simply and predictable but it's more or less decent show worlds better than both GC and Valverape.
Old 2016-06-09, 16:25   Link #1222
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
This is nothing like Guilty Crown, that one was bad because itt had consistency of diarrhea and used every existing cliche in worst way possible. Kabaneri might be rather simply and predictable but it's more or less decent show worlds better than both GC and Valverape.
I know Kabaneri is better than GC but if you didn't noticed I said these last 2 episodes were at the same level of shit we saw on GC (first sentence on my previous post), while the previous 7 ones were good or even great.

Now that Kabaneri only have 12 episodes and Biba's devil plan is still ongoing, what kind of ending are they going to pull for this series, I'm losing the hope in Kabaneri.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 16:37   Link #1223
Tenzen12

And I said it's not true (I also disagree previous one were that great), Kabaneri is pretty average anime when it come to writing, but with great settings and visuals and recent episodes are roughly on same level as any others neither great nor particularly bad.
Old 2016-06-09, 16:51   Link #1224
Kazu-kun

Well, it's a matter of opinion. Personally, I think this show is a bit below average, a 6/10 you could say. The visuals are good but the writing is just cheap most of the time imo. Honestly, even a more simple story about fighting zombies would have been better than Biba's cartoon villain shenanigans.
Old 2016-06-09, 17:37   Link #1225
endarion88

well i don't even know where to start with the bad that i will just skip or this will be a wall of text

so the only good thing about this episode is that mumei at least didn't need all the remaining episodes to realize something is wrong with biba.
now let's hope the same will go for her to actualy do something useful

and ofcourse now ikoma as "natural" kabaneri will be the core of some new experiment ..WHO WOULD HAVE EVER GUESSED/sarcasm!
Old 2016-06-09, 17:47   Link #1226
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
I think they could have done without the hyper beam. lol
Yeah, that was a serious WTF moment for me.
Old 2016-06-09, 19:11   Link #1227
Somnus
Eh?

Great...

Mumei's an idiot,
Biba's not even worth the anger they're trying to force down our throats,
His "motivation" is laughable at best (and if you're drunk),
Ikoma's annoyingly loud as always,
And all of a sudden the only characters worth watching are Ayame and her bodyguard...
And the pink-haired train driver.

Clearly, I'm going to finish this to honour the time I've spent on it already, rather than out of enjoyment. Is it really so hard to have a good, solid idea these days? It doesn't even have to be completely original.
Old 2016-06-09, 19:17   Link #1228
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

my Horobi :/
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 19:18   Link #1229
Magewolf

This episode was bad, bad, very bad stupid as opposed to the first episodes which were fun stupid.

How did the super strong, super tough guy get taken down by one blow with a metal rod? And why did they have to make the main character look incompetent when they could have just used all those hostages standing around? Why do all the sheep follow along with the pin headed long haired idiot's plans to kill off the few remaining people left in Japan?
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 19:30   Link #1230
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, that was absolutely terrible writing. i'll keep watching because of the visuals and stuff, but the greatest satisfaction will be biba dying a terrible death.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 20:05   Link #1231
Wolfpack

Episode 9

I don't know the words to express how I felt this week. Mostly, I was severely disappointed by Biba being a complete crackpot and his cult followers. I thought they had some higher goal. There was foreshadowing, but I really think they could've gone better routes with him as an antagonist. We still don't know exactly what happened in the past, but there are hints. I'm hoping when the full picture is revealed it explains things. Don't know if it'll be salvageable.

On the bright side, Mumei won't waste more episodes to figure out he's a monster.

I'm hoping they atleast have better plans for Ikoma than just to research a better Kabaneri or weapon.

Interested in the white blood that was mentioned by Frankenstein's assistant. Wonder if it's a way to help with Kabaneri symptoms. A cure seems a little much.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 20:10   Link #1232
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
Episode 9

I don't know the words to express how I felt this week. Mostly, I was severely disappointed by Biba being a complete crackpot and his cult followers. I thought they had some higher goal. There was foreshadowing, but I really think they could've gone better routes with him as an antagonist. We still don't know exactly what happened in the past, but there are hints. I'm hoping when the full picture is revealed it explains things. Don't know if it'll be salvageable.

On the bright side, Mumei won't waste more episodes to figure out he's a monster.

I'm hoping they atleast have better plans for Ikoma than just to research a better Kabaneri or weapon.
Well, obviously Mumei will play a role in his escape. Odds are he'll get injected with that blue stuff to weaponize him like they did with that bitch. Kurusu will turn out to be alive and return with the white blood to help him control it. Then Ikouma will use his new kabaneri superpowers to save the day and put this Sephiroth knock-off and his stooges out of their misery.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 20:11   Link #1233
Blonto

lol really? "Only women and children can come" is that supposed to be a safeguard in a world where female warriors exist? And what reason could you possibly have to bring a child to a political meeting?

I had really low expectations and this show still failed to deliver. I mean, it's had dumb writing from the start, but at least it was fun. This is just horrible. The villain's motivations make no sense and are downright suicidal. The zombies as usual end up as just a backdrop to a really bad and generic bad guy plot. Lazy, lazy, lazy. Mumei is stupid, MC is faffing about, everyone else is useless.

I can't even drop the series now, but I'm not sure what I'm gonna do if the next episode follows the trend and ends up even worse than this one.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 20:19   Link #1234
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
I didn't know that this show is getting criticize quite a bit. The hype has slowed down, but it's still a great show with lots of potential.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 20:46   Link #1235
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I didn't know that this show is getting criticize quite a bit. The hype has slowed down, but it's still a great show with lots of potential.
it has potential just because it can hardly get any worse
Old 2016-06-09, 20:54   Link #1236
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Wh... what? WTF? *facepalm*
You create Guilty Crown. It sucked. You get another chance. You created Guilty Crown again.
My minds too blown to care anymore...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 20:59   Link #1237
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Is not a great show anymore and now is full of wasted potential, thanks to these last 2 episodes.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 21:26   Link #1238
Blonto

Almost forgot, they actually had a guy cut through a cable holding a whole bridge with one slash of a dagger.
Holy crap.
And yes, this show's reached Guilty Crown levels.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 21:30   Link #1239
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

*Sigh* And it goes the way I was hoping it wouldn't go. I was hoping they would keep it similar to AoT, where there IS some "humans are as bad, if not worse than the monsters" situations, but they usually were secondary and got right back to the mystery of the Titans being the main point. It's pretty obvious that, unless they pull something big, the Kabane have now instantly been reduced from mysterious threat to mere tools to be used by Biba for his whole Darwinist attitude due to some yet-to-be-explained feud with the shogunate.

The only upside to the episode being Mumei not going into total denial and trying to desperately justify what Biba is doing and sticking by his side in the meantime.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-09, 21:49   Link #1240
BoyTitan

Whats wrong with Biba. He was betrayed. Started a cult. Has cult like ideologies. The show for shadowed everyone being cult like towards him upon introduction. I see no flaws in the storry so far for it to be bashed. The shogan is a coward becfause clearly if the research was done the Kabane could easily be dealt with. If a local gun smith like the main character figured it out through researching kabane others probably have done so and where killed by the shogun for it due to him being a superstitious coward.

All the motives for this story are laid out and can be deduced yet everyone is saying its a horrible show like guilty crown or worse than attack on titan when its free from plot holes.

They just took out 100s of kabane this isn't attack on titan where humans are fucked vs Titans. Humans are loosing to Kabane due to fear,lack of research and superstition.

Tags
action, post-apocalyptic, steampunk, zombie apocalypse