AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator 2 - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 19 32.20%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 44.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 8.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 8.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.69%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-16, 11:52   Link #181
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

There was never any mastermind behind Valvrave's creation. Valvrave was created by Haruto's dad to created a new type of species, their fund was provided by the military so they just randomly slap some weapons on it. Even the council of 101 doesn't have a clue about the Valvrave as they referred Valvrave as a "weapon" when it really something that was created to created a new species.
Old 2013-11-16, 12:40   Link #182
Irenesharda

In the first season, Cain was noting with interest that Pino has "reproduced" and created the Valvrave pilots. It's confirmed that these so called "perfect humans" that Dr. Tokishima and his society were doing, was really just a prelude to Pino transforming them into Magius (which is perhaps her own species). The fact that Cain was noting this with interest tells me that he didn't expect this and this means that the Magius themselves didn't either. I think Dr. Tokishima and Co. found and experimented with Pino, not knowing what they were getting themselves into. The Magius are just recently beginning to find out their connection between their own species and the Valvraves through Cain, who was sent to investigate.
Cain is obviously for his own people and he and Prue are trying to rescue Pino. I highly doubt he's playing both sides as it were.

So, yeah, I don't think there really is a mastermind or anything. I think that JIOR found something they shouldn't have and tried to use it for their own aims. They tried to create super humans but only ended up getting the precursor to an entirely different species that they knew nothing about. The weaponized this alien technology they found without taking into account the consequences and that the aliens they stole it from, might just want it back.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-16, 13:03   Link #183
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
In the episode, the father specifically says that the modification was done before birth, not after. And the Saki thing is one of many plot holes this whole genetic manipulation thing brings up.
I thought it was just he had consent before they were born, which is even more ludicrous.

Quote:
That's usually seen as the "perfect human" definition in almost any sci-fi, not just with SEED. Also, Pino did all the work here, all the scientists did was make them compatible to fly 6 Valvraves. You took the time and money to genetically modify hundreds of students, and yet you only had room for 6 pilots? That seems an awful waste.
I'm more interested in that Dr. Tokishima called it a "blessing". The same term the kid in the future world used. So far, we haven't heard the magius call it one way or the other so I found that choice of words he used interesting.

Quote:
In the first season, Cain was noting with interest that Pino has "reproduced" and created the Valvrave pilots. It's confirmed that these so called "perfect humans" that Dr. Tokishima and his society were doing, was really just a prelude to Pino transforming them into Magius (which is perhaps her own species). The fact that Cain was noting this with interest tells me that he didn't expect this and this means that the Magius themselves didn't either. I think Dr. Tokishima and Co. found and experimented with Pino, not knowing what they were getting themselves into. The Magius are just recently beginning to find out their connection between their own species and the Valvraves through Cain, who was sent to investigate.
Cain is obviously for his own people and he and Prue are trying to rescue Pino. I highly doubt he's playing both sides as it were.

So, yeah, I don't think there really is a mastermind or anything. I think that JIOR found something they shouldn't have and tried to use it for their own aims. They tried to create super humans but only ended up getting the precursor to an entirely different species that they knew nothing about. The weaponized this alien technology they found without taking into account the consequences and that the aliens they stole it from, might just want it back.
It brings the question: How they'd even find Pino? And where was Prue when it happened?

Last edited by Kurohane; 2013-11-16 at 14:40.
Old 2013-11-16, 13:12   Link #184
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post

It brings the question: How they'd even find Pino? And where was Prue when it happened?
The thing is Prue knew that it was the JIORians that had captured and imprisoned his sister, so we can assume that perhaps he saw them take her but wasn't in a position to help her. However, it's still in the air where they found Pino and how. She seems to be pretty important to the Magius people so I doubt they would have let JIOR take her if they knew.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-16, 14:27   Link #185
LostSome

Quote:
The thing is Prue knew that it was the JIORians that had captured and imprisoned his sister, so we can assume that perhaps he saw them take her but wasn't in a position to help her. However, it's still in the air where they found Pino and how. She seems to be pretty important to the Magius people so I doubt they would have let JIOR take her if they knew.
There is also the possibility that Cain is lying/not telling the whole true to Prue about how his sister was taken.
Old 2013-11-17, 00:19   Link #186
NeutralZero

For whoever ship it was no matter what,
it is not over until it is over...

and to say the ship is impossible even if the show hasn't end yet... did you came from the future to know that or is part of the production?
Everyone is entitled for their own opinion on that matter...
Old 2013-11-17, 00:25   Link #187
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
For whoever ship it was no matter what,
it is not over until it is over...

and to say the ship is impossible even if the show hasn't end yet... did you came from the future to know that or is part of the production?
Everyone is entitled for their own opinion on that matter...
I swear not even Saki kissing Haruto in ep 5 or Haruto's proposal to Saki in ep 11 had caused a shipping war/outbreak this bad before in Valvrave's threads. I kind of understand now by what mods said about shipping thread is a big no-no.
Old 2013-11-17, 01:52   Link #188
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I kind of understand now by what mods said about shipping thread is a big no-no.
Speaking of which, I removed a bunch of recent posts, and more may be removed still. Not only is a shipping thread a no-no, but going into shipping tangents is a no-no here as well (and that goes for all sides). Please keep things constructive, and no shipping talk.
Old 2013-11-17, 02:02   Link #189
monir
cho~ kakkoii

*cough* *ahem*

Hi. This ship-talk you speak of ends now. I mean, now. I don't like shippers. They can be the smartest person on this planet of 7 billion, but let them talk ship, and they sound like village idiots. So, for the sake of appearance, feel free to abandon ship-talk before this moderator starts trout-slapping or banning people.

This forum has been very good to me thus far in terms of the quality of posts and the amount of reasonable posters. Please don't let it slide down the rabid-hole just because of one or two people who can't keep themselves in control.
Old 2013-11-17, 03:34   Link #190
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
JIORAN only finds the RUNE/crystal. They didn't exactly catch and inprinsoned PINO. As the physics teacher showed to L-ELF, he didn't know why UNIT 1 has a girl logo on the screen. He didn't even know she was a real girl. He might think it's some bored programmers secretly inserted the screensaver.

The idea of Magius reminds me about the movies Dark City and Matrix. Maybe I can make the comparison and contrast later. Right now, we only know them as freaky people hid in the shadow.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2013-11-17, 03:37   Link #191
NeutralZero

since Haruto's father is there, he could light up some still hazy part of the valvrave...
Old 2013-11-17, 07:10   Link #192
alluka

I'm kinda late to the party. This episode was great and made me like Haruto a lot more, but I still think something is wrong with the pacing.

And didn't they want to bring something to JIOR to negociate with?
Old 2013-11-17, 11:19   Link #193
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by alluka View Post
I'm kinda late to the party. This episode was great and made me like Haruto a lot more, but I still think something is wrong with the pacing.

And didn't they want to bring something to JIOR to negociate with?
Well they come to Earth to check JIOR's situation and by talking to the captured scientists they will find out the situation, how bad or good etc... Next episode they should be escaping Dorssia and heading back to the Module.
Old 2013-11-17, 11:39   Link #194
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
since Haruto's father is there, he could light up some still hazy part of the valvrave...
While also spouting complete nonsense at the same time, he should be resourceful source of information.
Old 2013-11-17, 12:12   Link #195
alluka

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Well they come to Earth to check JIOR's situation and by talking to the captured scientists they will find out the situation, how bad or good etc... Next episode they should be escaping Dorssia and heading back to the Module.
They still haven't brought anything useful with them apart the knowledge of the magius, nothing to help the political affairs in JIOR. In the recent drama cd, Shoko said to Satomi that she'll rely on him and he accepted that, he was glad that she showed him respect, yet he and half of the ministers ditched her to go to the 'recon' mission, they didn't even need ministers there.
From now on, things can even turn into worse, Dorssia can accuse Jior of kidnapping a former royalty, can they still accept them at the moon?
Old 2013-11-17, 12:21   Link #196
Kurohane

They would have completed their mission by getting the information they needed from the hostages. It will prove New JIOR is competent and be taken more seriously. Also, we havnen't been lead to believe Lieselotte goes with him. L-elf is mostly alone in the preview until getting picked up by Haruto. Even if she was, Dorssia would just use it as an excuse to invade, which from the appearance of the Phantom is something they already planned to do from the start. Her being abducted or not wouldn't change that.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2013-11-17 at 13:57.
Old 2013-11-17, 13:28   Link #197
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by alluka View Post
From now on, things can even turn into worse, Dorssia can accuse Jior of kidnapping a former royalty, can they still accept them at the moon?
Lieselotte can just get up on live television and announce that she's been allowed to take refuge there. If anything her successfully escaping would mean interesting things for Dorssia. Her being a hostage was the main thing keeping a rebellion from flaring up.
Old 2013-11-17, 14:37   Link #198
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

^Another alternative if Lise were to die, Dorssia can used this perfect excuse to launch a all out attack on New JIOR and since they can accused New JIOR for the death of it important figure I think the international communities will no longer help and supply New JIOR. After all Harto and Co. secretly and illegally trespass Dorssia's territory. Cain then can lead another attack on the Module just on a whole new scale, more warship and add in the newly developed Valvrave's clones. This can be another S1 finale and will need a bigger miracle for Haruto and L-elf to escape this catastrophe.

Edit: Maybe then Haruto asked Pino on how to break the limiter like how Marie did and goes apesh!t even more than Marie on the invading Dorssian's army. Maybe all five of the pilot will break the limiter and shocked even Cain.
Old 2013-11-17, 17:25   Link #199
Thess

1. The villains are the Magius who want Lieselotte alive for the time being.
2. Dorssia is irrelevant as "villain". The Fuhrer was hijacked by one of the Magius and they are already on their way to the Module, since they exist without caring about the "laws" or politics.
3. Cain seems to wish for L-Elf to grow stronger (to jack him in the future, perhaps? He waited until his current vessel had military honors of the greatest level to jump on him. He's probably easygoing the route for L-Elf to succeed). A large chunk of his motivation to grow stronger is to save Lieselotte. The smarter thing would be snatch her away to challenge him to get better. If she dies, there's chances to cripple his growth if he spirals down depression.

I don't really see how Lieselotte will die if I take into account the plot. For the sake of cheap drama? Enlighten me?

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2013-11-17, 17:43   Link #200
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I don't really see how Lieselotte will die if I take into account the plot. For the sake of cheap drama? Enlighten me?
If you called "that" a cheap drama than I don't know what to called Ep 10 and the afterword. What else hadn't Okouchi done exactly that can't be called "cheap drama" in Valvrave? Want to used logic in Valvrave, be my guest.

For the extra, I couldn't give more of a flying f$#k to anyone in Valvrave that isn't Saki.

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2013-11-17 at 18:03.
Closed Thread