AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-26, 09:40   Link #41
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Wow. Im shocked, really. I mean the PV exploded when it came out but I never expected KyoAni to follow through with it.

And yes Ill be watching
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 09:42   Link #42
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by calorie View Post
Hmm...if there isn't a strong emphasis on yaoi I might watch this...after all, I used to be a swimmer and KyoAni has yet to disappoint me.
KyoAni hasn't done anything overtly sexual for years. They aren't going to start now. One thing I can guarantee is that the anime will keep everything at friends level and leave the fantasy to the audience to make up in their own time.
Old 2013-04-26, 09:53   Link #43
Peanutbutter

Oh my god, watching that trailer felt wrong for some reason.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 09:56   Link #44
Cloudenvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Oh my god, watching that trailer felt wrong for some reason.
Yet so right, because I can hear the pained screams of otakus while watching it.
And imagining Miyano's smexy voice, of course.
Cloudenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 09:59   Link #45
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Wow. Im shocked, really. I mean the PV exploded when it came out but I never expected KyoAni to follow through with it.

And yes Ill be watching
That was a CM for their company, not a PV for this show. They appear to be different as evidenced by another member in the main cast.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 10:15   Link #46
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
OP, Rage On!
The irony burns.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 10:16   Link #47
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Confirmed that the Free! director was the one responsible for ep 7 of Hyouka, where there was emphasis of how the male characters undressed for the hotsprings.

Quote:
That was a CM for their company, not a PV for this show. They appear to be different as evidenced by another member in the main cast.
The new male is a transfer from the athletics team. He is also the only one of the five who didn't spend his primary school years with all the others. We will see why he changed sport in the story no doubt.
Old 2013-04-26, 10:20   Link #48
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i'm a guy & i approve of this series, FOR A REASON
inb4 bulging tight speedo jokes & a male version of Akiyama Mio
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 10:24   Link #49
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
omg, i just saw that the op is called "rage on!", how perfect
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 10:25   Link #50
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I will say that I'm looking forward to seeing this, if only due to how visually impressive the PV(?) was in that area (and my everlasting fascination with animated fluids), and due to how the focus of the anime overlaps with another interest of mine (swimming). All in all, something I’m definitely watching when the time comes and maybe even importing it if it proves to be as gripping as Hyouka was to me.

And that is I wanted to say. I have zero interest in weighing in much about the mind numbing reaction that the PV had gotten, nor in the current over reaction the announcement is getting. The bit about what Crunchyroll did is a little annoying, though nowhere near as annoying as some of the comments I keep on reading across the different forums and blogs on this side of the pond. Even so, I still think that this is an interesting project and hope that it pans out alright.
Old 2013-04-26, 10:28   Link #51
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
I hope the fujoushi realize that if they don't put their money where their mouth is, they will probably never see something like this again.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 10:29   Link #52
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

You guys are so hypocrite - millions of moeblob and harem anime are completely okay, but once the ladies finally gets a treat suddenly KyoAni betrays you? You act like the anime industry belongs only to you, it's the same problem with the game industry.
When a girl is stripped to her underwear it's awesome, but when it's a guy it's suddenly fandisservice? That's what's called Double Standard. Ugly, sexist double standard.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 10:31   Link #53
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Yes. Yes! YES!!!

Swimming Anime is now a reality.

Fujoshis rejoice!

PS: Looks like the school is co-ed so there might be girls to any scared hetreo-males who fear watching this. lol
Old 2013-04-26, 10:35   Link #54
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I'm glad to see that Nishiya is doing the designs once more for a KyoAni show, but as far as I can recall, this might be Hiroko Utsumi first time in the directos helm yes?
Old 2013-04-26, 10:37   Link #55
Warm Mist

Yes, this is her debut as a full supervisor. She has been doing episode direction since K-On!!, and is Animation DO's most prominent director. I think she's really good, she handled episode 21 of Hyouka which should tell you enough.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 10:46   Link #56
calorie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
KyoAni hasn't done anything overtly sexual for years. They aren't going to start now. One thing I can guarantee is that the anime will keep everything at friends level and leave the fantasy to the audience to make up in their own time.
That's what I'm thinking -- it's not like I was into K-ON! for yuri romance, what attracted me was the story of friendship, the humor, the lighthearted atmosphere etc.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-26, 10:53   Link #57
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
I hope the fujoushi realize that if they don't put their money where their mouth is, they will probably never see something like this again.
Right because series with large female fan bases have never sold

Uta Pri
Tiger and Bunny
Natsume Yuujinchou
Dururara
Kuroko no Basket

Nope Nope Nope
Old 2013-04-26, 10:59   Link #58
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
Yes, this is her debut as a full supervisor. She has been doing episode direction since K-On!!, and is Animation DO's most prominent director. I think she's really good, she handled episode 21 of Hyouka which should tell you enough.
Yeah, I remember how some people did praise her work in episode 21 around here. Looking back, she also worked on episode 7, which also makes a lot of sense now in retrospective I do think her work is quite noticeable and has a unique, witty style to it. I haven’t watched them in a while now, but every episode she seemed to work on had a more fun factor to them relative to the rest of the show. Maybe it was due to the visual gags used in them, since I remember some noticing them and pointing them out.

Looking forward to what she can do once she has full control. I expect this to be a really fun show to watch visually (more so than usual).
Old 2013-04-26, 11:10   Link #59
Assort Dis

I'm still not too sure of how to feel about this. Well, I think I'll give it 3 episodes at most.
Old 2013-04-26, 11:12   Link #60
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Forgot to thank VCV for this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The new male is a transfer from the athletics team. He is also the only one of the five who didn't spend his primary school years with all the others. We will see why he changed sport in the story no doubt.
Thanks for adding that info. Makes more sense now to see 5 instead of 4 like earlier artwork.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abs, fabulous, sports, water animation