AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 13 32.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 45.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 10.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 7.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 5.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-11, 22:38   Link #21
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Great Episode, I like Black Star. But, I love Tsubaki <3
Old 2008-06-11, 23:16   Link #22
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

A surprisingly good episode with moving character drama that reminds me of the earliest episodes of Naruto before it grew too corny and long-winded.

I especially enjoyed seeing the strong bond between Black Star and Tsubaki. Black Star's backstory puts his hyperactive behaviour in perspective - he's making up for the dark legacy of his now-extinct clan. Curiously, that also reinforces his place as the only suitable weaponmaster for Tsubaki, the weapon with a shameful heritage of her own. Black Star is quite possibly the only man whom Tsubaki can draw strength from, someone who trusts her completely regardless of her background.

I loved it when Black Star declared to her, "Weapons and masters are give-and-take! It's ok for you to rely on me as much as you need!"

I am growing to like Tsubaki even more. It's quite sad that she sees herself in such low-esteem ("I am Tsubaki, the scentless flower"), which once again reinforces Black Star's importance in her life (he has more than enough self-esteem to share ).
Old 2008-06-12, 00:30   Link #23
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
These 2 eps should win a few fans for Blackstar
Only to lose it once the arc ends. Come on, no one dislikes BS because he is evil but he is too loudy.

Not a big fan of Tsubaki, definitely not a BS fan, but I get to admit this episode is done much better than I expected. I actully enjoyed it so I gave it 6 and increased to 7 for extra Maka time.
Old 2008-06-12, 01:27   Link #24
Silverwyrm

gained some respect for BS in this episode, finally something form him that wasn't stupid arrogant ****. He also fought without flaunting too much
Old 2008-06-12, 01:45   Link #25
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
gained some respect for BS in this episode, finally something form him that wasn't stupid arrogant ****. He also fought without flaunting too much
And of course the moment he did (Speed Star) paid for it in a pretty painful way. So the pattern of him going to far = pain, remains a constant.

Have to say TinyRedLeaf put things concerning Black Star and Tsubaki in a well done way. Is an interesting thing with the backgrounds of their families and how they've both chosen to deal with it. Am looking forward to more background with Tsubaki in the next episode. One was adopted into Shibusen after they annihilated his clan and the other joined to deal with siblings.

Black Star really has taken a pretty loud approach to go against his clan's past. Instead of being noticed for the atrocities his family committed, tries to stand out in his own way. Tsubaki certainly contrasts with being a much quieter person than Black Star. Though her family connections aren't something so obvious as Black Stars. Tsubaki probably realized there was something more under the big projection Black Star put out, though only now finding out the specifics. Like the two as a team.

Maybe that would have been better in their character discussion thread . Well was an episode about the two of them so it fits.
Old 2008-06-12, 05:34   Link #26
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I actually like Black Star + Tsubaki the most out of the three main master/weapon groups now.

It's sad to see Black Star act that way because of his innate family problems and the same with Tsubaki. I find myself rooting Black Star's loudness and silliness because of it. I can't understand why so many people take his boisterousness so seriously. I think it's funny and this ep made it clear that it has a serious purpose too.

MUCH respect to Black Star.
Old 2008-06-12, 05:56   Link #27
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Well BS screaming all the time does get annoying after a while, but after another while I'm kinda used to it

For me Kidd is the best tech out of the three but Tsubaki is the best weapon <3.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-06-12, 09:02   Link #28
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I actually like Black Star + Tsubaki the most out of the three main master/weapon groups now.

It's sad to see Black Star act that way because of his innate family problems and the same with Tsubaki. I find myself rooting Black Star's loudness and silliness because of it. I can't understand why so many people take his boisterousness so seriously. I think it's funny and this ep made it clear that it has a serious purpose too.

MUCH respect to Black Star.
Finally someone who actually likes Black Star's loud style. It makes him stand out, and more fun to see in these episodes --- especially in episode 09. I can only hope he's much louder, and more big header as this show progresses. Oh and more focus on the Star Clan would be nice at one point.
Old 2008-06-12, 09:18   Link #29
Chase

Ive always liked BS loud naturel and showmanship, his laugh too(particularly the one in episode 6 where Kid is about to blast him with the death cannon, that cracked me up). He's not on Kid's level of character tho, but he's still dope to me. Awesome episode by the way.
Old 2008-06-12, 09:56   Link #30
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Really shows how strong BS can be if he gets really serious. Great episode btw
Old 2008-06-12, 10:17   Link #31
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Wow...

Really loved this epi, more then I thought I would. The tree scene was excellent, even if BS hates long boring stories he took the time to tell Tsubaki his past since she wanted to know. I also like how he respected her enough to say he'd listen to hers when this was all over. BS is funny in his loud, ore-sama style but I liked him here too.

Shinigami-sama cracks me up

Ill say from the preview it was almost too obvious that Fey Blade was somehow related to Tsubaki but still makes for nice dramatic scenes. Cant wait for next epi.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-06-12, 10:57   Link #32
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Tsubaki has always been one of my favorite characters in this show, but I don't care for BS too much. However I've slowly but surely started to like him a bit more each and every episode. SO I thought this was quite a good episode. 9/10
Old 2008-06-12, 11:58   Link #33
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I rather enjoyed Blackstar throughout this episode. For once he was actually fighting using his head excepting the slipping and crunching his ballz on the statue which i thought was funny as hell. I hope we get some back story about how Tsubaki's brother ended up like this and why he seems so damn evil. He is willing to kill his own sister without any hesitation. The flashbacks showed them to be very close but this is something we get quite often with siblings who end up as enemies they are close when younger but a point is reached and they go down different paths the same situation is kind happening Nabri no Ou atm. Either way good episode didnt expect it to be a 2 parters but from the previews it looks like Tsubaki is getting her cute lil ass handed to her. Will Tsubaki and Soul be able to get their first soul or will they fall short again? tune in next week none manga readers.
Old 2008-06-12, 15:18   Link #34
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Ok... when Tsubaki grabbed her boob in the tree scene... that was hot, lol.

Ok, jokes aside, it seems that his boisterous attitude is his way to compensate for his families history, and being the last of his clan makes it harder as well.
Old 2008-06-12, 15:45   Link #35
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
oh I forgot

im asking this question again since no one was able to answer it the first time around. Does anyone know if Medusa's fighting capability is limited to just magic? Im asking because of her moments in the OP. It makes it look like shes doing a martial art similar to capaweda.
Old 2008-06-12, 15:58   Link #36
orangejuicetang

Good episode, Soul Resonance scene was pretty nice
As for Medusa's fighting capability, I think she has trained herself in physical combat as well.
Old 2008-06-12, 20:32   Link #37
Eater of All
NOM

I see Black Star and Tsubaki gained much points in alot of people this episode

And "I think, therefore I am. Therefore I devour"?
Old 2008-06-12, 21:28   Link #38
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

"Don't hurt the elderly!"
Old 2008-06-13, 00:41   Link #39
The Real Nemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
I haven't seen the episode yet, but is there really that great a difference with this episode compared to the manga, since as of now the series has been pretty faithful to the manga.
Not really. I think the biggest difference was that in the manga it was made clear right from the beginning that Masamune was Tsubaki's brother, while in the anime that revelation was saved for the end. Also it wasn't a secret from Black Star in the manga.
Old 2008-06-13, 05:04   Link #40
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Being someone who grew up on, and can appreciate shonen anime, I really liked Black Star. I'm sure there was a decent of Black Star fans in the first place and more after this.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Closed Thread