AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-03, 11:33   Link #81
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

It seems like people are already trashing the anime, claiming it's a knockoff of Detective Conan. Detective Conan? Give me a friggin break! Morons.
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007...apshots-neuro/
Old 2007-10-03, 12:57   Link #82
NakedAngelX

Lol cmon this is no where near detective conan, Conan's an awesome show, this is a different type haha.

I like the idea of finding out the criminal and eating their soul or sth. If we do this to every criminal in real world, that'll be great XD.. What i didn't like was the main cha - girl? Is sth like a puppet to him.. and sometime the show gets a little weird when he starts twitching her head around
Old 2007-10-03, 14:27   Link #83
Vash002
Ready to Boast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
It seems like people are already trashing the anime, claiming it's a knockoff of Detective Conan. Detective Conan? Give me a friggin break! Morons.
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007...apshots-neuro/
It just recently started, they should wait at least 3 episodes to say that
Old 2007-10-03, 15:14   Link #84
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
kaibutsu oujo + monster of the week seems about right to describe this

not that i mind too much seen as there has to be a guilty pleasure series in each season
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-10-03, 15:38   Link #85
changeup

Never attempt to remark on a series before you watch at least 3 or 4 episodes.

I once heard a joke from one of my friends, about why Kyoto Animation did the first episodes of Suzumiya and Lucky Star that way:

"It is a plot. They use the first episode to scare off viewers. Then after a few episodes they will hear that this is a great show, and they have to buy the DVDs... smart commercial move..."
Old 2007-10-03, 16:26   Link #86
Vash002
Ready to Boast

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
Never attempt to remark on a series before you watch at least 3 or 4 episodes.

I once heard a joke from one of my friends, about why Kyoto Animation did the first episodes of Suzumiya and Lucky Star that way:

"It is a plot. They use the first episode to scare off viewers. Then after a few episodes they will hear that this is a great show, and they have to buy the DVDs... smart commercial move..."
Now, that's a good theory... no wonder why it works
Some gifs i made just before going to school (So that's why they're few, going to do more at night and better ones)

Old 2007-10-03, 17:21   Link #87
Slice of Life
eyewitness

The first episode looks promising although detective stories are not really my kind of thing. I do not feed on riddles. But I will follow this for a few eps and see how the two leads are being developed.
Old 2007-10-03, 20:51   Link #88
Super Ska Master

It's not really a full detective story. I believe that it gets a lot different when X comes into play.
Old 2007-10-04, 00:38   Link #89
domino
デレデレ

Anyone comparing this to Detective Conan as a knockoff definitely hasn't seen enough of the show. :P

I tried getting into Conan after hearing so much praise of it, but detective shows just aren't my thing. Neuro is the only detective/mystery thing that holds my interest. Now that I think about it, Conan would've probably been a lot more interesting if Conan was a sadistic bastard with a chainsaw. I guess that's what's so charming about Neuro.
Old 2007-10-04, 00:45   Link #90
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

While I agree Ep.1 is lackluster (( the boring chef case, not even funny )), comparing with Kindaichi and Conan is the last thing anyone should so.

Most detective shows revolve heavily on the actual mystery. Neuro doesn't give a crap about that, or at least very very very little emphasis. It kicks realism to the curb, and that's why there's awesomeness like X in it.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-10-04, 13:42   Link #91
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

"Lackluster" is the opposite of what I would call this show. This show seems quite lustrous to me, lol. The presence of monsters usually turns me right off. Not this time. Remarkable show. Great idea to start with a case and only then go back to tell how the pair got together.

I think Neuro is a wonderful figure. Love the character design. Love Ueda Kana. I normally love Koyasu Takehito, but it's taking me a while to get used to his voice here. Not that it's impairing my ability to like the show. I may get enough out of it in a few episodes and not have to watch the whole thing, but I will watch a few episodes, at least.

I thought the direction/storyboarding was snappy and smooth, and the animation interesting and enjoyable. And I agree with people who say this is not trying to be Detective Conan at all. It is just using the form.

I just finished watching one gluttonous girl in Touka Gettan, and here we have another. I guess it's a metaphor for sexual appetite, lol. In any case, I thought her eating was extremely well animated.

Early in the show (03:16), there was a street scene with a store sign, partially hidden, saying "Nakagawa Shouji" 中川商事 ("Nakagawa Commerical"). Do you think that was a little reference to the very popular seiyuu/idol/TV personality Nakagawa Shouko 中川翔子?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-10-05, 05:27   Link #92
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

I absolutley adore Neuro's blank stare!
Old 2007-10-05, 08:50   Link #93
7Th
Mixtape

The best part of the manga was for sure Neuro and Yako's interaction; they seem to be nailing it quite well so far in the show despite starting from the weakest storyline in the whole publication. Good stuff so far, IMO.
Old 2007-10-06, 10:31   Link #94
Super Ska Master

The chef storyline was really stupid. I just wish I could see it.

Somebody sub this please!
Old 2007-10-06, 21:02   Link #95
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Things will really pick up once X is introduced.
Old 2007-10-06, 23:54   Link #96
Elehayym

I found first episode a bit weird when I watched, the concept and characters (especially Neuro) seem interesting but the mystery itself was a bit meh D: But then several people told me (and I read here as well) that this was one of the less interesting stories in the manga too, so I guess it explains it. Not sure why they wold want to start with the worst one but well XD
Definitely sticking to this as it seems interesting enough and I keep hearing lots of good things about the manga.

Oh and I did enjoy Koyasu as Neuro! Then again since I didn't read the manga I wasn't really expecting anything particular for the character o:
Old 2007-10-07, 13:38   Link #97
Super Ska Master

Spoiler for future episode:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-10-10 at 00:09.
Old 2007-10-09, 17:50   Link #98
free_lancer
~Nobody Important~

Episode 2 just aired. Anime-original, whoo!

Spoiler for episode 2 screenscaps/comments:

Next week ALSO looks like anime-original. I wonder why Madhouse is doing this? They've got what... 120 chapters of material to animate? Oh well, I guess it's kinda fun to see some new cases. Hopefully they'll get back on track eventually.
Old 2007-10-09, 18:22   Link #99
myopius

Episode 1 was subbed by an anonymous already.

I read the first chapter of the manga and it didn't really impress me, especially since I'm a fan of Conan I wasn't as impressed by the detective work, and everything seemed too goofy. But since people are mainly commending Neuro, maybe it comes off better in anime.
Old 2007-10-09, 18:24   Link #100
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I like this anime. Just watched epi 2 and maybe since Ive never seen Detective Conan I dont get ppl are trashing it. I like Neuro's faked attitude when he pretends he's the assistant. So far the anime hasnt been mind-blowing but Im enjoying it. Gotta get around to watching the sub though and finally get whats going on
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Closed Thread