Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-24, 00:17   Link #121
Orphert

fillers over
Old 2007-10-29, 22:26   Link #122
Hatsumichan

Is it just me or do the "subtitles" by NEET only come up for the opening and ending song? I don't get any subs at all for any of the speaking parts throughout the entire episode O.o
Old 2007-10-29, 22:28   Link #123
iwubanime
FMP wubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatsumichan View Post
Is it just me or do the "subtitles" by NEET only come up for the opening and ending song? I don't get any subs at all for any of the speaking parts throughout the entire episode O.o
I'm pretty sure it is you

Check your codecs. There's always the codec community pack or whatever (I don't use it so I don't know what it's called...).
Old 2007-10-29, 23:07   Link #124
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

If you cannot see the subtitles that means your system is not set up properly to view softsubs. I'd suggest you do as iwubanime suggested and install the CCCP. It should solve all your problems. If it does not solve all your problems, then please don't post about it here! We don't want to hear about Playback Help problems in this thread.

Ask for Playback Help in the Playback Help Forum. That's why it is there.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-10-30, 14:22   Link #125
Super Ska Master

Neet says that their translator is busy with college right now so if you wanna help translate let them know.
Old 2007-10-30, 18:10   Link #126
neverlife

everybody say " they have read the manga" but is it scanlated ? I havent found it. Is it under at "short" name ?
Old 2007-10-30, 18:54   Link #127
free_lancer
~Nobody Important~

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverlife View Post
everybody say " they have read the manga" but is it scanlated ? I havent found it. Is it under at "short" name ?
One group released chapters 1-12 and Anonymous has scanned 17-22 (out of the 131+ out in Japan).

Spoiler for episode 5 screencaps/comments:
Old 2007-10-30, 19:03   Link #128
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverlife View Post
I read the original Japanese version.

Spoiler for ep5:

I wonder if Neuro can be considered the best male character this season. Perhaps "badass" would be a better word?

He's a great character, really.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-11-03, 03:52   Link #129
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
neuro is more psychotic than badass imo

ep 5
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-11-03, 07:39   Link #130
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Ska Master View Post
It's not really a full detective story. I believe that it gets a lot different when X comes into play.
Whoever Mr. X is he seems to be otherwise occupied so far. Due to the lack of fansubs I've watched raws 2-4 yesterday and skimmed through 5. Unfortunately, this might be the most repetitive anime of the season. It definitely is a "full" detective story so far and Neuro being what he is doesn't have any significant impact on the story. The character interaction between the main characters I was hoping for is very limited and also repetitive. I will try and skim through the next to eps too but I they don't break the case of the week routine then I'm out. 7 eps is about half the space you need to tell a story if you're doing it right, so spending it on fillers is a terrible waste. Maybe I'll come back if I hear about some overarching storyline developing.
Old 2007-11-04, 04:32   Link #131
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
neuro is more psychotic than badass imo
Both are good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Whoever Mr. X is he seems to be otherwise occupied so far. Due to the lack of fansubs I've watched raws 2-4 yesterday and skimmed through 5. Unfortunately, this might be the most repetitive anime of the season. It definitely is a "full" detective story so far and Neuro being what he is doesn't have any significant impact on the story. The character interaction between the main characters I was hoping for is very limited and also repetitive. I will try and skim through the next to eps too but I they don't break the case of the week routine then I'm out. 7 eps is about half the space you need to tell a story if you're doing it right, so spending it on fillers is a terrible waste. Maybe I'll come back if I hear about some overarching storyline developing.
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro is mostly case by case. Thus, the episodes aren't filler, it's simply the way the show is. I've only read three volumes so far, but it really is just Neuro going from mystery to mystery and using his intelligence and demonic powers to solve them.

There are mysteries that are not solved yet and come back later, but even while waiting, it goes back to another case.

Repetitive, yes perhaps, but as far as it goes, it's enjoyable.

It's usually funny, and the cases are interesting (as the way it happens/solved). Besides, it's one of the few detective shows this season, and the only other is has dolls, shotas, fluffy dogs, and isn't really a detective story.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-11-04, 15:57   Link #132
free_lancer
~Nobody Important~

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro is mostly case by case. Thus, the episodes aren't filler, it's simply the way the show is. I've only read three volumes so far, but it really is just Neuro going from mystery to mystery and using his intelligence and demonic powers to solve them.

There are mysteries that are not solved yet and come back later, but even while waiting, it goes back to another case.

Repetitive, yes perhaps, but as far as it goes, it's enjoyable.

It's usually funny, and the cases are interesting (as the way it happens/solved). Besides, it's one of the few detective shows this season, and the only other is has dolls, shotas, fluffy dogs, and isn't really a detective story.
Yup, the series is generally pretty episodic, although the cases gradually get longer as it continues. An average one is about 3-6 chapters, but they can get up to 2 volumes and the longest so far has been 5 volumes.

The thing I've noticed about the anime though is that they seem to be determined that 1 episode = 1 case. Which involves rewriting/cutting things to fit with some of the longer cases and making it feel a whole lot more episodic. Also, when put in chronological order, they all add something on top of each other to make the bigger picture. Too bad the anime isn't going in chronological order lol!
Old 2007-11-04, 18:21   Link #133
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Thanks for clearing that up. Well, detective anime is just not my "thing". Meanwhile, I peeked into the manga by myself. I probably would have been better if they had kept the beginning intact instead of throwing the viewers into the story at a point where Yako takes Neuro's ... um ... neuroness already for granted. As for Suteki Tantei Labyrinth, I think I will have to follow it for a while at least until I find out WTF it is about, actually.
Old 2007-11-06, 11:34   Link #134
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Just so you know the ED and OP are out.

Im still enjoying this even though I agree I wish the anime had started from the beginning like in the manga but Im very much into Neuro himself so Im sticking with this and its slow subbing process.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-11-06, 20:44   Link #135
free_lancer
~Nobody Important~

Spoiler for episode six screencaps/comments:
Old 2007-11-06, 21:28   Link #136
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep6:

Old 2007-11-13, 19:56   Link #137
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Bump for episode 7.

Spoiler for ep7:

Old 2007-11-13, 20:19   Link #138
free_lancer
~Nobody Important~

I spot a red/blue Justice scene.
Spoiler for episode 7 screencaps/comments:

Last edited by free_lancer; 2007-11-13 at 20:50.
Old 2007-11-14, 02:17   Link #139
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 7
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-11-14, 11:22   Link #140
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Gah, Im falling behind in this but I am glad to see what X finally looks like.

Question to the Neuro manga fans...any idea why an anime that is scheduled for 26 epis and has 133 so far chaps of manga has had so many fillers?

Edit:!!! Ok I need to catch up!! Romi Paku is the voice of X!!!! ~fangirling~
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2007-11-14 at 13:38.
Closed Thread