AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-04, 22:48   Link #301
blewin

Spoiler for ep 74-75:

Spoiler for ep 76:

Last edited by blewin; 2008-04-05 at 04:50.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 11:48   Link #302
Super Ska Master

How do more people like this show? There's just something about it that makes it so cool. The powers are so cool and over the top but somehow it feels really refreshing! I can't put my finger on it! I really wish this show had more exposure, because it deserves it. The daily life arc is kind of a handicap on the whole series. The new arc makes it way more mature and adds a lot of new powers which I like. I kind of wish Tsuna was the only one who would be in his present form, but I guess this is the only way for the guardians to be able to take the powers back with them from the future. I hope that after this, there is maybe a time skip (Or at least one later in the series). I really hope the anime doesn't catch up to the manga too quickly. I don't like filler. I wonder if there is just going to be a season 2 after this arc.
Super Ska Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-05, 17:22   Link #303
blewin

I reckon (though the plot isn't anything new) the fights in REBORN are quite original - the flames, the dynamites, the sword. The new type of fighting in the future arc however, seems to have a great deal of similarities with other animes like Naruto and Hunter x Hunter, but the system deviates and is different on its own merit. In addition, the fights never drag out to eternity (like Naruto), which is why I like watching it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Ska Master
The daily life arc is kind of a handicap on the whole series.
yeah, I agree. Though I was pulled into REBORN through the daily life arc, it can get a bit disappointing when 20 episodes into the anime fail to deliver the promise of the main plot - training Tsuan to become a mafia boss - which came into fruition in ep 20. Still, I find some of the daily arc episodes pretty fun to watch. Maybe because REBORN has such a great mix of characters. I didn't like Lambo at first, but now he's become my favourite.

Still, another reason why I like REBORN so much is its daring and refreshing style. What anime would start out with 20 episodes of comedy and then suddenly turn deadly serious? It hasn't managed to throw off those viewers who might have been attracted by the comedy and don't really like serious action stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Ska Master
I really hope the anime doesn't catch up to the manga too quickly. I don't like filler. I wonder if there is just going to be a season 2 after this arc.
I think filler is inevitable. The pace of the Future arc in the anime is going too fast. I just hope they follow the manga with the ending though. By the way, there're some differences with the manga that I find interesting....

Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2008-04-05, 17:34   Link #304
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post

Spoiler for Manga:
Spoiler for reply to that nothing too bad from the manga:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 01:42   Link #305
Muyasuki

Spoiler for Episode 74-76:
Muyasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 10:53   Link #306
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyasuki View Post
Spoiler for Episode 74-76:
Spoiler:

Spoiler for epi 77 + preview:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-04-07, 02:04   Link #307
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Spoiler for Manga:
Spoiler:

Now what's bugging me (and it's not the only thing as one mod here knows well *pokes a certain manju bun*):
Spoiler:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 06:19   Link #308
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Spoiler:

Now what's bugging me (and it's not the only thing as one mod here knows well *pokes a certain manju bun*):
Spoiler:
thanks for the clarification. It's been a long while since I read that part of the manga, don't remember the exact details now.

who knows? it's probably a detail the author hasn't thought of entirely.... unless TYL Tsuna's only playing dead!
Old 2008-04-07, 07:15   Link #309
ForgedGlory
Fortitude

Thank god the filler crap was short, this series is only good when theres major conflict like the ring conflict was epic.

I still don't get whats so great about Kyoko? Haru >>> Kyoko
ForgedGlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 10:49   Link #310
Muyasuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedGlory View Post
I still don't get whats so great about Kyoko? Haru >>> Kyoko
Agree completely but that might just be because Haru is my favourite female character in the series even though I normally hate her character type.
Muyasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 15:26   Link #311
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:

Heheheeeee am I happy I got you obsessed with this....yes, yes I am. Now I just need to keep track since you and I discuss KHR and 3 different forums

Good thing you remember the name thing cuz I didnt!

Haru...ok Im not a Kyoko fan but Haru annoys the heck outta me!!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-04-07, 19:22   Link #312
blewin

lol, Haru can be annoying at times. I don't have a personal fav between Kyoko and Haru. Both of them are cute and have different personalities. Haru's slogan "ha-he" is just funny! she's more the comic character between the two girls.

Who here likes Lambo??? probably the most annoying character in REBORN, but also the funniest. I was irritated about Lambo's voice when I first watched the anime, but now I love his crying and teasing voice. haha. And the 20YL Lambo is just awesome!
Old 2008-04-07, 19:52   Link #313
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:

Who here likes Lambo??? probably the most annoying character in REBORN, but also the funniest. I was irritated about Lambo's voice when I first watched the anime, but now I love his crying and teasing voice. haha. And the 20YL Lambo is just awesome!
I dont like Lambo in any way shape, form or age Baby!Lambo is annoying but I dont really like TYL or 20YL Lambo either, maybe cuz the baby vers just ruined it for me.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-04-07, 19:54   Link #314
ForgedGlory
Fortitude

I like Lambo, but his fro bugs me, lol
Old 2008-04-07, 20:19   Link #315
ahmad

Lambo is awesome! Yea he can be damn annoying at times, but he is cute and funny I didn't like him in the first few episodes but his character slowly grew on me. All the babies in hitman are damn cute xD
ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 20:40   Link #316
blewin

yeah, Lambo grew on me too. As for his afro.... I didn't like it at first either, but it's ok now, consider how he gets to store all sorts of interesting stuff there despite its size. :P That's another attribute of Lambo's that really suits his character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun
I dont like Lambo in any way shape, form or age Baby!Lambo is annoying but I dont really like TYL or 20YL Lambo either, maybe cuz the baby vers just ruined it for me.
awww, that's a shame. 20YL Lambo is just so cool (but I find his appearance not as palatable, really, he looks like some ancient barbarian living in the arctic...)

Spoiler for Ep 77:
Old 2008-04-08, 21:50   Link #317
Super Ska Master

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
How do you know that Reborn didn't just appear where his remains were just like Tsuna did. Reborn probably woke up in a coffin as well. There's another unrelated thing that bothers me though. Shouldn't Lal Mirch only be 10? I thought Arcobaleno's were 1 year old. It's kind of creepy that they depicted her in a sexual way when she's only 10. o_O
Super Ska Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 22:44   Link #318
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Ska Master View Post
Shouldn't Lal Mirch only be 10? I thought Arcobaleno's were 1 year old. It's kind of creepy that they depicted her in a sexual way when she's only 10. o_O
Spoiler for Arcobaleno:
Old 2008-04-09, 13:33   Link #319
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Heheheeeee am I happy I got you obsessed with this....yes, yes I am. Now I just need to keep track since you and I discuss KHR and 3 different forums

Good thing you remember the name thing cuz I didnt!

Haru...ok Im not a Kyoko fan but Haru annoys the heck outta me!!
T_T. That will always be my expression to you when you say that - you corrupter! Oi! It's been a long time since I've posted here again. Yes, you and I discuss KHR, VK, and SA on more than one forum (+ LJ). XDD It's going to be fun keeping track of everything. :O (Note: remind self to drag Sapph here. >)

I wonder about that name. So according to Japanese culture, that means they are closer?

I'm not a fan of either of them. They're just amusing to watch (that is, whenever my attention isn't held by the KHR bishies, which is all the time. :P).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Ska Master View Post
How do you know that Reborn didn't just appear where his remains were just like Tsuna did. Reborn probably woke up in a coffin as well. There's another unrelated thing that bothers me though. Shouldn't Lal Mirch only be 10? I thought Arcobaleno's were 1 year old. It's kind of creepy that they depicted her in a sexual way when she's only 10. o_O
Well, if you recall, Tsuna was there when Reborn was shot by the bazooka and when the smoke cleared he, and we audience, saw nothing there. If Reborn did switch with his dead body, you would have expected to see his bones or dead carcass when the smoke cleared.

No, TYL!Lal Mirch isn't a ten year old. XD Like another poster said, it all has to do with
Spoiler:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 14:58   Link #320
ForgedGlory
Fortitude

no super babies, are older than they look. Lambo is 5 IIRC, and he looks like he's 1, its just the character design. So that chick is possible anywhere between 13 ~ 15

Tags
shounen, supernatural