AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-24, 21:32   Link #721
blackwhite67
Banned

Yeah. I'm sure he could also make up some new stuff along the way.
Old 2013-01-24, 21:58   Link #722
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

n0m@n well at least itll be some detail in the main story and from what ive seen some pretty funny SS's so itll be worth it. when is it scheduled to come out? and isnt it supposed to come with a OVA?
Old 2013-01-24, 22:05   Link #723
n0m@n
C-Z

Yeah. The bundled one is scheduled to come out in end of May. Normal one is coming out in 20th of June I think.
Old 2013-01-24, 22:31   Link #724
cyberdemon

so far away
Old 2013-01-24, 22:34   Link #725
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Well it'll be worth it hell the DXD will continue for years IMO lol but thank n0m@n for all you've done for our community! And piss on all others who think otherwise lol
Old 2013-01-24, 22:40   Link #726
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I sat May is perfect timing, that is when college semester is over so many will be able to indulge themselves reading.
Old 2013-01-25, 00:00   Link #727
Chris38

Well, regarding the topic of how long High school DxD is going to continue, I think it partially depends on it's popularity in Japan...

Considering the fact that the editor's, pretty much forced the author to do another side story compilation volume, so soon after the previous one, I would say that it's quite popular, which unfortunately means that the publisher / editor's are going to try to milk this novel for as long as they can...

Regarding the potential future arc's enemies, well I think that it was mentioned that the Shiva arc is going to be a last resort from the author, if High School DxD continues for a long period of time, there is also the fact that we still don't know a lot about the Khaos Brigade organization, and I think that they are going to be the main antagonists of this story...

Not to mention, I think that there are still a lot of myths that haven't appeared in this series yet... while the author did say that the expansion of the High school DxD world has already stopped around volume 7, I don't think that it prevents him from adding some additional characters from some other myths...

Furthermore, while I personally hope that the author won't head in that direction, there is also the possibility, of having enemies, that have already been defeated once by the protagonist, reappear in one of the future arc's... for example, having Cao Cao, and the rest of the Hero fraction who have been sent to Hades'es realm, somehow be capable of escaping from there...

So, taking all of that into consideration, I'm not sure if we are even in the middle of the novel's story yet...
Old 2013-01-25, 00:09   Link #728
bloodyclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Well, regarding the topic of how long High school DxD is going to continue, I think it partially depends on it's popularity in Japan...

Considering the fact that the editor's, pretty much forced the author to do another side story compilation volume, so soon after the previous one, I would say that it's quite popular, which unfortunately means that the publisher / editor's are going to try to milk this novel for as long as they can...

Regarding the potential future arc's enemies, well I think that it was mentioned that the Shiva arc is going to be a last resort from the author, if High School DxD continues for a long period of time, there is also the fact that we still don't know a lot about the Khaos Brigade organization, and I think that they are going to be the main antagonists of this story...

Not to mention, I think that there are still a lot of myths that haven't appeared in this series yet... while the author did say that the expansion of the High school DxD world has already stopped around volume 7, I don't think that it prevents him from adding some additional characters from some other myths...

Furthermore, while I personally hope that the author won't head in that direction, there is also the possibility, of having enemies, that have already been defeated once by the protagonist, reappear in one of the future arc's... for example, having Cao Cao, and the rest of the Hero fraction who have been sent to Hades'es realm, somehow be capable of escaping from there...

So, taking all of that into consideration, I'm not sure if we are even in the middle of the novel's story yet...
umm. cao cao will not disappear. He is one of those fleshed out rivals like sairaorg. Indra stated he would give gods spear back if he is worthy enough.
Old 2013-01-25, 01:09   Link #729
XFire
150% done

DxD will likely (hopefully) continue on for quite a while. There are several plot points and character goals to still be concluded.
  1. Cao Cao will most likely reappear at some later time
  2. Current Vampire arc
  3. Evil-Dragons and Khaos Brigade
  4. Ise vs. Vali finale
  5. Rias reaching top of Rating Game
  6. Rias and Akeno graduating
  7. Sakra (either fight or win him over)
  8. Ise going independent
  9. High-class promotion (connected with the above)
  10. The Fake Ophis, potential restoration of Real Ophis' power
  11. Serious mode Ajuka and Sirzechs in a fight (maybe against each other for the lulz?)
  12. True identity of Mil-tan
  13. Chichiryutei season finale

Any one else think of anything?
Old 2013-01-25, 01:55   Link #730
sky black swordman

^ Well how about Ise first time with Rias and his first time with Akeno. Even if it's omitted.
And the slow introduction of Ise's future servants.
Irina staying an angel and being able to have a relationship with Ise without the fear of falling.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-01-25 at 02:16.
Old 2013-01-25, 02:01   Link #731
Naoe Yamato

I think also that we don't know that much about Heaven in the dxd universe so maybe something realted to that
Old 2013-01-25, 03:32   Link #732
Kutra

14. Gasper fall in love with Ophis
15. God is alive
16. The third super devil is Ise's grandfather
17. Koneko surpass Rias and Akeno's breasts
18. The fourth level of Switch Princess
19. Cao Cao and Ise become friends

I'm kidding
Old 2013-01-25, 03:35   Link #733
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutra View Post
18. The fourth level of Switch Princess
Why do I see this as a possiblity?
Old 2013-01-25, 03:37   Link #734
hyuugalegacy
Otaku, author wannabe

I don't think cao cao or the hero faction returning will be a major event. I think cao cao will reappear, but Ise will defeat him with ease to show his growth
Old 2013-01-25, 05:47   Link #735
blade82

about Valérie it seems she is from Teppus faction (male) so maybe she's crossdressing into a man
Old 2013-01-25, 06:47   Link #736
Chris38

Well, I have to say that, I don't think that Ise becoming independent, has such a huge plot relevancy at this point...

After all, the main motive, why Ise wanted to become independent, was to make a harem of girls... except that he, sort of ... already achieved this objective, with most of the current members of the Gremory Group, and even Ise starts to slowly realize this, if we take his statement, from volume 12, into consideration, which has been made shortly after Ise again received , his Evil Pieces from Rias:

Spoiler for Volume 12:

So, while.. naturally Ise, can still become a King and form his own group of servants, I'm starting to have doubts about him, actually becoming independent from Rias, and the rest of the Gremory Group...
Old 2013-01-25, 06:53   Link #737
Kutra

Chris, even Ise become a King, he remains the pawn of Gremory Group, he can't (and will not) leave his master.
Old 2013-01-25, 08:27   Link #738
peinmaximus@

hey guys,ise probably will have servants yes,and I think that or ophis(despite being one god class) or tiamat will be his queen.
but now ise have other problems how fight with vampires and default euclid and grendel.
this evil dragon grendel is really strong and is incredibly resistant,will be difficult ise defeat he.probably ise will have that make one new blow to defeat this dragon(maybe use divine divide).
Old 2013-01-25, 08:43   Link #739
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

What Ise needs right now against these Evil-Dragons is Dragon-Slayer techniques.

But the problem is that he can't hold any other Dragon-Slayer sword other than "Ascalon".

The only way for him to do is to learn from someone who is a Dragon Slayer. But there are also few of them existed. There is Beowulf from Sirzechs team and heaven for more information.

Or better yet, Ise has to contact or must meet the spirit of Saint George for his guidance. It's only possible if he goes to Heaven and ask them for help.
Old 2013-01-25, 09:48   Link #740
Chris38

I think that Ise learning dragon slaying techniques is pretty unlikely, due to his partial dragon nature...

After all, Ascalon needed to be prepared in a special ritual, before Ise was capable of using it, without the sword harming him as well... and I think that a similar development would be occurring, if he actually wanted to learn some actual dragon slaying techniques...

Not to mention, what kind of dragon slayer would teach someone who is partially dragon, how to slay dragons ... they would probably try to kill Ise instead... since the profession of dragon slayers is ... to kill dragons...

I think that the only option that Ise has, of dealing with those Evil Dragons, is either some kind of power that he obtained from Ophis and Great Red, along with his current body, or managing to gain control over the part of Dividing Gear that has merged with Ise's Boosted Gear.
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen