Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-06, 08:11   Link #221
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Astrology is to use the stars for divination. Astronomy is a science.

To tell the truth, I have no idea what an astronomy club can do to "prove its worth (or pull its weight)" to the school population and the Student Council. Even in a series like K-On!, the activities of the club becomes a plot point. It boils down to the literal survival (and recognisation) of the club.
Good point. I guess if it's a BIG, HUGE, FAMOUS club, then that sort of loses its personability (as in few characters interacting with eachother), there's no tension with the survival of the club, none of that. For a club-based anime, the survival of the club actually becomes paramount.

We see it in sports anime too, with one club going after another or their very existence over a game/challenge, etc. Or in some extreme cases, them getting disbanded from freak occurrences or even crime and scandal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
@SuperKnuckles: The kicker is that the lit. club president is ALSO the Student Council President. So yes, they are in a bit of a situation.
Yeah, though it still could be her own personal interests spurring on her clique to look down upon stargazing. Really, I don't think it's all that new really. In a way though, I think it's because the Japanese/European educational systems takes clubs a LOT more seriously than American types tends to. I mean, clubs are mostly seen as a fun little diversion for the most part in American educational systems. While in Japan, at least the way anime portrays it, it's almost like a business with the Student Council running it, with full professional equipments, entire trips, even off-site venues at stake. Not saying that doesn't happen in American clubs too, but just not as much (also, clubs seems to take on that importance in America only during College and after. Not Highschool and after). Personally, I haven't had to deal with the school politics of that sort in America, while I had to deal with it even in elementary school levels over there.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 08:20   Link #222
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Yeah, club activities are serious business in anime/manga. In fact, the reason why Fumie is pissed at the Astro. club is that they are asking for a lot of money from the council. Any budget-watching chairperson worth his/her salt would be upset.
Old 2009-08-06, 08:41   Link #223
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm waiting for the shipping to pick up in this one, as we have just about the right gender proportions. Hime is a favorite so far - her manic flights of fancy put me in mind of Sakura from Wagaya no Oinari-sama - and that's a good thing. I'd like to see her win out over Mihoshi - that's just a bad pairing. Mihoshi and Edogawa actually make more sense, as they're both genki and look and act like grade-schoolers.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 09:58   Link #224
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

not sure why people talking about fumi with saku.

does fumi match with saku cos she has boobs not just likings on literature? she's one annoying fat girl that harasses mii-chan stupidly and i feel she deserves some good slaps. i'll just lulz over when she gets dumped by saku. i'd rather have hime with saku than fumi - but sayo and saku will be good too. i dont think mii-chan and saku will be together cos they are just best friends lulz

anyway im enjoying this show a lot and mii-chan's antics and hime's gaggy character is fun to watch.

mii-chan is just totally adorable!
tieria.erde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 13:22   Link #225
typhonsentra

And also, this episode kinda confirms any alternate shipping is basically hopeless. Assuming they ever develop these things, Hime won't be the girl.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 17:56   Link #226
FireChick

I just finished episode 4 and I love it!...though I don't think I like Hime. She's always ranting about how Saku and Mihoshi are seen together even though it's never intentional (for Saku, that is). I liked the song at the end though! What was it called again?
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 00:38   Link #227
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I think Fumie and Saku both love reading good books. They are more serious in that regard. And I think we're meant to feel that they have a soft spot for each other. Those are why I see them as a match. And Saku seems to need someone to boss him around, as both Fumie and Mihoshi can do instinctively, lol.

Hime is sweet and funny: so obvious about what she's doing. But she has nothing in common with Saku, it doesn't appear. Only the fact that she may be the most attractive of the bunch might bring them together. But not likely, I agree. We'll get to enjoy her as she keeps trying, though, I imagine.

Mihoshi, as I think Saku has said, brings him out of himself. Fumie would keep him reading, but Mihoshi gets him outside and interacting with people. Whether that means there will be any romance between them, I don't know for sure. I don't think there's any hint of that yet. Mihoshi is still like a little kid, enthusiastic and friendly, and so happy to see her old sidekick. I'm not seeing romantic feelings on either side, yet. But I expect to.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 02:25   Link #228
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Episode 4 was ok. Poor Hime just can't get a break, and that little outburst of hers didn't help, either. The one that always seems to steal the show for me is Sayo :V

Man, I hate characters like Fumi - class rep type to the extreme. As for Saku, she's only "DURR HURR enamored" by him because he likes the books. That seems to be about it. Judging from the gender makeup of the Lit club, this is hard to come by. Since books are obviously serious business, she'd probably jump on any guy expressing similar interests. At this point she has only proven herself to be a nuisance and the queen of overreaction.

Don't know if want episode 5.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 13:27   Link #229
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Come on, it looks like Fumi is going to confess to Saku also

If so, Harem is Complete!

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 14:11   Link #230
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Freebies from episode 4.

Feel free to claim and use.
Old 2009-08-07, 14:56   Link #231
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Come on, it looks like Fumi is going to confess to Saku also

Judging from Fumi's character, it'll be the least straightforward of the confessions. She can go die in a fire.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 23:11   Link #232
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Now I wouldn't go jumping the gun just yet, season isn't over...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 23:17   Link #233
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Edogawa owned ep 4!!!

As the role he is suposed to play, the friend of the male lead he's one of the more entertaining ones around.
Old 2009-08-08, 08:35   Link #234
Dop
Mmmm....

I'm really liking this series, it seems to be something of a dark horse and not getting loads of attention but it's still perfectly fine and at least astronomy is something of a different 'hook' to hang the club activities off.

Edogawa is one of the best 'idiot sidekick' characters of late, and you have to love his astro-photography technique!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 10:02   Link #235
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think everything that's great about Edogawa in one profound phrase:

"Orb!"
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 05:36   Link #236
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I think everything that's great about Edogawa in one profound phrase:

"Orb!"
I'm reminded of Takagi Reiko's similar role in Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, and to think I first heard her as Su in Love Hina. Looks like she's the lady to go to for hyperactive kids, boy or girl.
Old 2009-08-11, 13:44   Link #237
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep6:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 16:13   Link #238
nanafan
horo fan

i just read the summary and looked at the animation, and i think this is one i want to check out.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 16:59   Link #239
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

best part of this ep was clocked at 17:36-17:37....
sooo...
Spoiler:
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 22:57   Link #240
Srin Tuar
無謀

Spoiler for ep6:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, school life, seinen