AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-03, 22:55   Link #25681
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
It's more than just Kamachi's weird misconceptions about America. All of Japan has these weird misconceptions about us, Americans.
Misconceptions go both ways

Quote:
On another note, I am more surprised that Kamachi knows America most for its Second Amendment Rights than anything else.
The only ones I've ever heard (casually) are the first and second amendments.

Guess which up comes up more these days

EDIT:

Bear arms?
Old 2013-05-03, 22:55   Link #25682
Goldzero

ah i guess seeing as how i view index as a bottomless pit i might have misunderstood about your statement.
Old 2013-05-03, 22:57   Link #25683
Stufu

Index is a family!!! or not?
Old 2013-05-03, 22:57   Link #25684
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Touma now got a man-eater at home, that will be bad for some relationship.
well, Touma was never really an example of a good match for the girls, they have more problems than happy moments with him, he is poor, always disappears and never gives explanations do not hold in punches a girl if she is doing shit, no plans for the future, not to mention that he has eaten food (Index) and apparent devouring people (Fraulen), she ate cockroaches, that bizarre.
Old 2013-05-03, 22:58   Link #25685
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
"And in the great gun nation of America, flight was not the only action people instinctively took in order to protect themselves."
Just give To Aru's version the US President his own Suit
Spoiler for The Great President Of the United States America !!!!:
Old 2013-05-03, 23:05   Link #25686
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
The only ones I've ever heard (casually) are the first and second amendments.

Guess which up comes up more these days
You can blame politicians for that one. Frankly, with how polarized the atmosphere of politics here in the US is, with one end being the hypocritical and insane crazies and the other side just being completely lame, it's no surprise. All it takes is one nudge to make these two sides fight each other like rabid dogs. Whatever happened to fixing the economy?

Anyways, the spoilers don't seem all that bad when compared to the NT6 spoilers. Honestly, it actually looks like NT7 will be a lot of fun to read to keep my mind running during the coming of finals week.
Old 2013-05-03, 23:07   Link #25687
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
They are both man-eaters but we can all agree that little Fräu is more lovable.
I'd rather wait till a design comes out to say that, but attitude wise, she's already much better than Index.
Old 2013-05-03, 23:08   Link #25688
Stufu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
Just give To Aru's version the US President his own Suit
Spoiler for The Great President Of the United States America !!!!:
I can't believe I watched it .... our prez ain't this cool!!! hahahaha
Old 2013-05-03, 23:10   Link #25689
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
and apparent devouring people (Fraulen), she ate cockroaches, that bizarre.
That's what makes her interesting ... she's creepy, almost reminds me of that anime about a spider girl who murdered another girl and copied her hairstyle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stufu View Post
Index is a family!!! or not?
Take it however you want. But she won't be more than that until the eventual confession ... the second one.
Old 2013-05-03, 23:11   Link #25690
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stufu View Post
I can't believe I watched it .... our prez ain't this cool!!! hahahaha
as the saying goes "This game too American to be made in the US ...... Because it was made in Japan"
Old 2013-05-03, 23:14   Link #25691
Stufu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
as the saying goes "This game too American to be made in the US ...... Because it was made in Japan"
And this creates misconception to Japaneses about Americans

As for Index, will there be anymore confession? I don't think so.
Old 2013-05-03, 23:20   Link #25692
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
I'd rather wait till a design comes out to say that, but attitude wise, she's already much better than Index.
As an Index fan, I take offence to that.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2013-05-03, 23:35   Link #25693
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
As an Index fan, I take offence to that.
Well, my personal tastes in dere types really influenced that answer, and besides, I'm not a hater, just someone who thinks Index could use improvement, starting with more screentime. Road to Endymion was a good example on how to do that right and the wonders it does for the little head chomper.
Old 2013-05-03, 23:37   Link #25694
Haigon

Daihasesai and Hawaii could be far more simple should Touma asked to Index about his enemies.
Old 2013-05-04, 00:16   Link #25695
OverNOut
The Obsever

Is anyone hoping that the cyborg girl, Rensa will use #6's power so that we will at least know what is his power?

Also does anyone know what does #6 name mean since most of the character's name have a certain meaning to it related to the character. In the spoiler it was said the his name is...
Spoiler for name:

Oh yeah, since Rensa has been IDTI-ed does that mean she'll be a new addition to the Kamijou Fraction.
Old 2013-05-04, 02:01   Link #25696
tsunade666

Aihana itself has a meaning of Love and Flower but we need to wait for the raws or the kanji's of the name to make more interpretation to it.

Index..... to me if you ask me about Touma and Index relationship. They are family. More than a lover but less than a couple. A Family. Not siblings and not father and daughter but just FAMILY. Watching Sousei gives more meaning to Family and it warms one heart when there is a family waiting for you when you went home.

One of the difference between Touma before memory lost and Touma after memory lost. Touma before memory lost is a type of person that will ask someone for help if they can help while Touma after memory lost tries to burden the problem alone.

Though people might say that Touma (after memory lost) is the type that still relies on the others. He doesn't actively involve someone on his problem. If he has problems then he will solve it alone and won't ask for help. If your helping him then he will either push you away because its dangerous or he will gladly accept your help.

Touma (before memory lost) has denials and more humane that has survival instincts. He doesn't actively seeks out problem. Problem ended up with him and if he so help it. He will run away but if your in trouble. He will still help you but there are doubt in it, uncertainty on himself.

Those doubts or human problems was removed when his memory was lost. Touma doesn't waver and doesn't think twice. He tries to not get others involved on his problem. He will ask help but he will make it sure that your not involved.

Touma... hates to see index cry(vol 1) Touma ... can't love index ... Touma to him... the one Index loves is the Touma who died for her. Touma continue to chase that shadow that save index which leads to the current Touma. Touma doesn't know or remember his past or flaws but from what he heard from Index. He strives to become like him, even though the way those 2 act are different at all.

The past Touma is cynical and won't believe easy on magic but after the memory lost and with Index by Touma's side. He is easily influenced and easy to believed. All for the sake of Index staying by his side. HE WILL GO WAR FOR ANYONE WHO TAKE HER AWAY.

Touma..... views index as a lifeline. For me when he lost his past. He clings to a girl named Index who views him as a savior even though he doesn't remember it. And Touma treasures that view of her. Touma doesn't want Index to be harmed or get involved.

In the end of vol 10. When Touma explains the situation to Index and Index react that you could just call her. Touma's reaction towards to her is disbelief. He firmly believes that if magic side is involved then Index will get herself involved.

On NT 3. When Touma doesn't call Index for help is probably the same because he doesn't want to involve her or more like for personal reason. The fight with Gremlin is Touma's fight so he doesn't want to involve Index.

True, its kinda stupid because if he just called her it will be a lot easier but well. The guy has pride

----------------------------------------------------

Ah, guys. The quote and joke that the other post describing America can be found on NT 3. They aren't making fun of America. They are just quoting from the book
Old 2013-05-04, 04:38   Link #25697
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Quick question. Based on the name of the #6 level 7, could it be assumed that #6 is a girl? Or should we wait for the kanji before we make that inference? Btw, what does Etsu roughly translate to?
Old 2013-05-04, 04:50   Link #25698
tsunade666

Etsu can be self satisfaction or rejoicing

http://www.romajidesu.com/dictionary...g-of-etsu.html
Old 2013-05-04, 05:00   Link #25699
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I have no proof, but I'm guessing it's a he.
Old 2013-05-04, 07:07   Link #25700
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
I have no proof, but I'm guessing it's a he.
I'm mostly straight, so it must be a she.
I don't mind traps.

BTW, what's the characters for #6's name anyway?

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen