AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2017-06-18, 17:12   Link #61
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sona-nyl View Post
Webby in the original series was only added so that they'd have a female character and it was pretty obvious that no one in the writing staff really cared about her. She was one of the worst characters in the entire series (along with Doofus and Bubba), any change to her character will be an improvement given that she made basically every single scene she was in unbearably with her cloying babyish speech and personality. I can't believe people are criticizing the new version of her as some agenda driven scheme when her old character was probably only created because some marketing exec wanted her.
It's not a bad thing that they are trying to give her a character, the problem is that the one they gave her is straight up Mabel from Gravity Falls (she even has a grappling hook, next they'll probably give her some kind of pet in the vein of Waddles). At least be original for once and give her a different character based on her original version instead of out right copying much more popular and well loved characters.
Old 2017-06-18, 17:20   Link #62
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

I haven't seen Gravity Falls so I can't say how similiar she is to Mable and I honestly don't really care anyway, but I think it's a little to early to draw those sorts of conclusions given that the series hasn't even premiered yet. I also don't see why they should be obligated to keep anything from her original version at all given how horrible a character she was. Starting over from scratch as much as possible was a much better choice in my opinion.

But I thought that the original Ducktales was pretty mediocre to bad most of the time and didn't really capture the things that were good about the original comics so I just don't feel the same nostalgia for it as most other people do and actively consider nearly all the changes they're doing here either an improvement or at least not worse than anything the original series already did. Like this series will probably not measure up to the comics but at least it looks like it'll come close than the original series did.
Old 2017-06-18, 21:40   Link #63
Chosen_Hero

^Then you should watch it, it's literally the only thing worthwhile that Disney has put out in years aside from Star Wars Rebels. It even has easter eggs tying it to Rick and Morty, which I definitely did not expect.

Also, it's what Disney tends to do, there is a reason that after Hannah Montana almost every show they had was about some girl trying to hecome a superstar or pop idol of some kind (ugh, I am getting flashbacks). They like to have clones of past successful series added into everything thinking it will translate well and the vast majority of the time it doesn't.
Old 2017-06-19, 02:42   Link #64
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Just came across the new theme song. Kinda catchy, though OG will always be the best.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-19, 04:00   Link #65
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post

Also, it's what Disney tends to do, there is a reason that after Hannah Montana almost every show they had was about some girl trying to hecome a superstar or pop idol of some kind (ugh, I am getting flashbacks). They like to have clones of past successful series added into everything thinking it will translate well and the vast majority of the time it doesn't.
What, like JEM? Because that would be truly outrageous.

Old 2017-06-19, 11:51   Link #66
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

Truly truly truly outrageous.
Old 2017-06-19, 15:38   Link #67
Chosen_Hero

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Truly truly truly outrageous.

Definitely outrageous... and not in the good way.
Old 2017-06-26, 03:08   Link #68
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by sona-nyl View Post
Webby in the original series was only added so that they'd have a female character and it was pretty obvious that no one in the writing staff really cared about her. She was one of the worst characters in the entire series (along with Doofus and Bubba), any change to her character will be an improvement given that she made basically every single scene she was in unbearable with her cloying babyish speech and personality. I can't believe people are criticizing the new version of her as some agenda driven scheme when her old character was probably only created because some marketing exec wanted her.
I liked them all. Webby might have existed for that reason, but she wasn't intended to be a main character in the first place. Ducktales was always about Scrooge and his nephews, and the rest of the (massive) secondary cast were always meant to be just that. It wasn't like women in Ducktales were treated unfairly. Ms. Beagley, Magica Dispel, Goldie, Ma Beagle, etc., were never portrayed as lesser than their male counterparts.

It's of course a divided issue among fans, so I won't pretend my opinion is the correct one. I was just never bothered by it.

Quote:

JEM was incredibly unique for its time, groundbreaking even. The modern movie should be burned in public for the travesty it is.
Old 2017-06-27, 08:08   Link #69
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I'm psyched for this honestly and the new teaser with Mrs. Beakley, man don't mess with her
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-27, 09:02   Link #70
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

I couldn't help but notice this at 0:26 in the recent trailer. It kind of rang a bell in me, and after some double-checking it really looks like they might animate this old Carl Barks story.
Old 2017-06-27, 12:30   Link #71
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
I couldn't help but notice this at 0:26 in the recent trailer. It kind of rang a bell in me, and after some double-checking it really looks like they might animate this old Carl Barks story.
Possible, but don't bet on anything in a cartoon's opening to show up in the series. Gone are the days when they would skimp on the cost of the opening by shoving in footage from the series itself. Generally everything in a series opening is animated separately and specifically for that purpose, and it makes sense that they would pull from the source material for inspiration whether or not they intend to do so for the actual series.
Old 2017-08-13, 17:21   Link #72
Twi

Has anyone seen it yet? I want to know if its good.

Edit: Just watched it. Dewey is going to get them killed one of these days. But it was good stuff. Real good stuff.

Last edited by Twi; 2017-08-13 at 18:48.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-13, 22:47   Link #73
Slayerx

Ya the premiere was great. Loving the additional characterization thy gave to each character. Even suspect their may be some feels to be had in the boys history. Though i do think Beakley was a bit too willing to allow Webby to go along for the adventures seeing as she supposedly had a history of keeping her cooped up. Also, Donald's voice could get really grating, kinda hoping they don't give him many serious moments cause that voice does NOT work well for anything accept frustration and comedy. But ya, the premiere gives a lot to look forward too
Old 2017-08-14, 01:53   Link #74
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That's Donald's voice. There's no way they could change it now.

It was good, but I can't watch a Ducktales revival without being sad it isn't a TaleSpin revival.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-14, 10:59   Link #75
Slayerx

Turns out Disney XD uploaded the premiere to their official youtube channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
That's Donald's voice. There's no way they could change it now.
Well ya, it would be bad if they did, but i'm just saying that it kind of limits how you can use him. You kind of have to be careful because there's a thin line between funny and annoying. And it would be hard to use him in more serious moments since its hard to understand him and it can be difficult to take him seriously. Its like Scooby Doo in mystery inc; anytime he got serious in the later parts of the show just got cringeworthy. Though i would say the best way to have Donald do a serious moment is by having him talk as little as possiblel; just let his body movement and expressions talk for him

Last edited by Slayerx; 2017-08-14 at 13:01.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-14, 12:59   Link #76
Twi

Now all they need is to get Darkwing Duck back in this piece.
Old 2017-08-14, 15:24   Link #77
James Rye

Alone that Donald has a bigger role in Ducktales than in the old series makes this a superior one for me. And then they even go as far as hinting on Della mystery! First time Della got shown in an animation about the Ducks! Apparently she was Scrooge's pilot and his other sidekick besides Donald. Whatever happened to her must be the reason Scrooge sees family as nothing but trouble and avoided meeting his grand nephews for ten years and same goes for Donald being over-protective of his nephews and avoiding them meeting Scrooge, going so far that they didn't even know they were related till Donald called him uncle in front of them.

To find out more about the past of Scrooge, Donald and Della will be so awesome. <3
Old 2017-08-16, 03:00   Link #78
Dark Wing

I loved it! Taking some of the awesome stuff from the comic and bringing them to television and I can't wait for the new episodes. They even mentioned the other locations of the old animated series like Tail Spin, Goof Troop, and Darkwing Duck. Please oh god please let these be spin-offs!

Also Louie teaching Webby how to lie was hilarious.

Louie: Lying...It's the responsible thing to do...

He really is the evil triplet. Well more like amoral but still bad Louie!...that being said I'm shipping them and I don't care what anyone else thinks!
Old 2017-08-17, 02:34   Link #79
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Would be nice if Della duck make her proper appearance here, there are no any reason either to keep put out Della existence for long. About time for us the fan to know who is Donald sister.

Quote:
He really is the evil triplet. Well more like amoral but still bad Louie!...that being said I'm shipping them and I don't care what anyone else thinks!
lol i always ignored such that thought when they were in old design as i am enjoyed themselves being friend and family but now in that new design i couldn't help myself to ship Webby with among the triplet now.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 11:21   Link #80
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I loved it! Taking some of the awesome stuff from the comic and bringing them to television and I can't wait for the new episodes. They even mentioned the other locations of the old animated series like Tail Spin, Goof Troop, and Darkwing Duck. Please oh god please let these be spin-offs!
It's TaleSpin! TALESPIN!!!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote