AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-10-16, 02:45   Link #47021
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Also, I seem to be recycling ideas in my own fanon. Once I came up with an idea of an IS that has wheels for feet but now I'm considering to use that for the second non-IS OC machine in Athena, the Formula Frontal.
I don't se anything wrong with this, you've proven that you can brought alternative machine which can fit the verse well
Quote:
How do you disable a high-speed car without causing it to trip and tumble about?
If you can sacrifice few building or the pavement...

Multilegged mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
But Rain is almost inactive now because he somehow lost track...
Point is his OC is the kind that 'gets better', start as Marty Stu but undergo character development alongside the story.

Of course he's confused to rewrite it, because that would cancel every progress his OC undergo.
Old 2013-10-16, 02:45   Link #47022
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Let see... How about using parachute?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 02:46   Link #47023
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ this works too
Can't be done in a hurry though
Old 2013-10-16, 03:01   Link #47024
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Multilegged mecha may not cut it. The idea is that the Formula Frontal makes its debut when an OC Academy student gets kidnapped, and the Frontal's user (whom is also the creator) goes Sideswipe on the kidnappers' car. (Okay, maybe not the part where the car gets sliced)

And yes, the Frontal is transformable, the alternate form being a bike. Also the creator's female.
Old 2013-10-16, 03:04   Link #47025
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

If Frontal has enough kick on it's booster, as well as enough grip on it's feet, the armor can just hold the car and lift it slightly (especially if it's FWD car)

In this scenario, one has to be careful. Modern car are designed to crumple under impact to reduce g-load during accident.
Old 2013-10-16, 03:21   Link #47026
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Would blowing out the rear tires be a viable measure to slow down a speeding car? The Frontal's maybe transformable but it has the armor integrity and hydraulics to just rip a car door open with ease.

Thought maybe the car be slowed down enough for the Frontal user to pull out the student without much risk of running into things.
Old 2013-10-16, 03:28   Link #47027
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Problem of blowing car tires is at high speed, the repulsion forces often high enough to destabilize or flip it

At low speed it's advantageous, at high speed it was dangerous

Ripping the door sounds cool, hopefully it also has enough dexterity not to crush the student
Old 2013-10-16, 04:27   Link #47028
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

@Strato: Just have this idea: if we use a giant magnet on the sky?
Old 2013-10-16, 04:35   Link #47029
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Thing is, they protag OCs don't have such equipment at their disposal. And it would also make it more difficult to rescue the captive student since the kidnappers have nothing else to look out for.

In high-speed pursuit, the kidnappers have to make sure they don't run into things AND keep an eye on the captive to make sure she doesn't do anything funny.

EDIT:

Watching this gives me idea of having the Minerva's flight sub-unit outfitted with rocket launchers, some of which are filled with beam-dispersion particles. And Inami uses them the first time he faces the Golem I, using it to render the IS' beam weapons useless.
Old 2013-10-16, 05:23   Link #47030
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Oh, and do you guys think which menthod would be more effective: A direct field, or air full of heavy metal that could bend Laser?
Old 2013-10-16, 05:44   Link #47031
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Cecilia: Insects like you are why I despise men. I hate them. I hate them down to their very being! I abhor the fact that we are of the same race, that we breathe the same air! Doing nothing but manipulating people, you just sit around and pray that all good fortune will come to you. You are disgusting!

Ichika: Did you always think of me that way?

Cecilia:... I... did.

Ichika: th-

Cecilia: But you were different!

Ichika:...

Cecilia: At that time, when we fought. I could see it in your eyes. A determination- no, a conviction! At that time, your eyes said that you would not lose. Even in the end, when I shot you down. Those eyes remained in my mind. Unyielding, willful, uncompromising strength. I could sense it in your every move. That's why... I believed you were different.

Ichika:... Well... now I just don't know what to say. What I originally wanted to say was that. I'm glad.

Cecilia: Eh?

Ichika: I suppose I still am. After all, Cecilia is opening up her heart to me. The way we talk with each other so honestly means that you trust me now. That's why I'm glad.

Cecilia:...Then can I trust you with another secret?

Ichika: What's tha-?!?!?!?!?

Cecilia gives Ichika a deep kiss that lasts till her breath runs out. She stares at him with heaving breaths and a smile that bares her innermost soul.

Cecilia: I love you.

She walks away. And all Ichika can do is stare dumbly after her. Wondering if that was a real confession of love.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 06:53   Link #47032
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

- IS-kun: You know what, Ichika-san?

- Ichika (Still dazzling because the kiss): Huh?

- IS-kun: She is your Princess. Be a Knight and charging forward for her. But fast before this white flower turn into crimson because of the forthcoming bloodshed! (Handle him the Rose)

- Ichika: ... Tha... Thanks you! (Ran away) Cecilia! WAIT FOR ME!

Just perfect for a farewell!
Old 2013-10-16, 07:06   Link #47033
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Gentarou: hmm so you're the infamous IS-KUN

IS-kun: and you're the infamous Kisaragi Gentarou.

Gentarou: Yo

IS-kun: hmmm so are you a student here?

Gentarou: I am!

IS-kun: but this is an all girl's school.

Gentarou: Ichika attends this school and he's a guy right?

IS-kun: ichika is a girl.

Gentarou: eeeeehhhhhh!?!?!?!?

IS-kun: that's right. Ichika-san is actually a girl. Due to being sexually deprived Orimura Chifuyu forced her younger sister to cross dress and become a plaything for the sake of satisfaction.

Gentarou: Th-That can't be! You must be lying!

IS-kun: would friends lie to each other?

Gentarou: you're right. Friends don't lie to each other. I'm off to save Ichika-chan from Chifu-chan now. Later! *runs*

IS-kun: boy he sure is stupid. Can't believe he ate all that up.

CRACK CRACK CRACK

Chifuyu: IS-kuuuuuuuuuuuun. What have I told you about starting rumors about me?

IS-kun: umm... Never do it?

Chifuyu: that's right... Now what was the punishment agreed upon?

IS-kun: oh um... That. Wasn't it...- LOOK IT'S MAMA!

Chifuyu: where?

IS-kun: I'm not wearing that dress again!

Chifuyu: come back heeeeeeere!
Old 2013-10-16, 07:26   Link #47034
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

- Gentarou: Phew... Nothing like a morning run!... Oh wait, an Automatic Tennis machine! COOL! Gotta try it!

*Swoop! Swoop!*

- IS-kun: Because of him that this universe is in danger! Time to put a stop to this "Destroyer of World"!

*PANG! PANG! PANG!*

- Gentarou: Wah... The machine must have been malfuntioned. All right!... HENSHIN! LET'S SETTLE THIS LIKE MAN TO MACHINE!... Right, this will work!

LENGENDARY RIDER

HIBIKI

ON!

ONORE FOURZE!!!

Anyway, have you guys ever thinking about an AU within an AU. I'm thinking about my fic with the scenario: "Ichika die instead of Madoka and was turned into IS-kun".
Old 2013-10-16, 07:28   Link #47035
demino_hellsin
That one guy

wait WHAT!?!?!
Old 2013-10-16, 07:33   Link #47036
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nope, too confusing
Old 2013-10-16, 07:37   Link #47037
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I prefer IS-kun as the "innocent" AI he is.
Old 2013-10-16, 07:41   Link #47038
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Spoiler for Icchan:

Spoiler for Ikkun:
Old 2013-10-16, 07:42   Link #47039
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
How do you disable a high-speed car without causing it to trip and tumble about?

...yep, that's what it's designed for. .50 Cal Bullet + Engine block = No longer moving car.

...or truck.

...or light armored vehicle.

...uhm, now that I think about it, the impact from a .50Cal might shake up an IS wearer even with the PIC active...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 07:45   Link #47040
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
...uhm, now that I think about it, the impact from a .50Cal might shake up an IS wearer even with the PIC active...
Not really, White Knight no-sell what basically continuous 20mm vulcan burst and not flinched

and this before shield taken into account.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest