AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2007-11-29, 19:37   Link #621
HinaThePrince

Holy shit, I did not need to see this figure right before going to sleep.

Chapter 32 was amazing. Shirai-sensei is now officially my favorite character. I love everything about her, and I can identify with her a lot as well. And to anyone who says she'll fall in love with Aoki - you're stupid, gtfo. The only reason she blushed from being close to him is because she's a pathetic virgin who gets extremely awkward over everything.
HinaThePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 09:44   Link #622
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mykas View Post
Shirai has been in play since her first appearance, the thing is she's been pointed out as single multiple times yet she shows 0% interest in that guy that is always drooling over her which means in haremville she is one of the heroes girls.
I honestly hope that Shirai isn't going to be developed into some sort of one-sided attraction to Aoki. As a supporting character she is quite interesting, and her relation with Kuro (both as a sort of grown-up reflection of Kuro, and for the connection that is developing between them) is something I would love to see more of. That she could potentially grow and open up more, due to her interactions with Aoki, Kuro and even Hoin would be interesting, too.

However, turning the situation into some sort of harem comedy, with her as one of Aoki's "girls" whould be a terrible direction to go IMO, and would detract from the developments of what I saw as the excellent underlying story of the manga (the relationship and personal growth of Aoki and Rin).
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 18:34   Link #623
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

i will admit maybe i see a harem coming simply because that is my favorite genre but, a lot of the signs of haremgoodness are all around.
Old 2007-12-01, 02:33   Link #624
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Personally I've always gotten more of a vibe between her and the other male teacher over the long run once she resolves her internal demons.... pure speculation but he always seems to "be around" when she needs to vent.
Old 2007-12-01, 02:40   Link #625
tebahpla
Not B&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Personally I've always gotten more of a vibe between her and the other male teacher over the long run once she resolves her internal demons.... pure speculation but he always seems to "be around" when she needs to vent.
by other teacher you mean the one whos always holding a cup? he's married with a daughter of his own. so I guess theres no develepment bewteen shirai and the other sensei
tebahpla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 02:55   Link #626
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Darn.... missed that bit in the manga. So much for that idea
Old 2007-12-01, 23:34   Link #627
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

I don't buy the harem theory (yet):

I think chapter 32 was just used to stablish that Shirai-sensei is now more sympathetic, specially towards Aoki. Besides, if Aoki gets in trouble because of Rin's actions, Shirai could pull some strings for him.
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 13:56   Link #628
Dark Wing

Okay a little late to review the latest chapter you and what not...

Anyway decent chapter though not much happen. We finally get some more well needed development out of Shirai-sensai and I still don't think our love triangle turned into a love square just yet...

- Shirai-sensai is riding the train on her way to work when no other then Aoki-sensai bumps into her...literally.

- Now at school in the teachers office Hoin-senai is on the phone talking to a bitchy mom who muscled her way into being the head of the PTA and been giving everybody a hard time. Shiria then comments that it's because Hoin is so inexperience that she gets walked all over.

- Rin shows up and askes Aoki to help her pick out a book to read Shirai sees how depressed Hoin got when Aoki walks off with Rin and puts 2 and 2 together.

- It's the end of the day and Hoin wants to Aoki to go out and eat with her. Aoki then turns around and asks Shirai if she wants to come too which gets Shirai thinking how he can be so blind as not to see that Hoin likes him. She then says no.

- Hoin thinks she finally gets her big brake when the other teacher (can't remember his name) comes out of nowhere and says well go too and ruins everything.

- The next day Shirai confronts Hoin and tells her that shes been slacking lately and keep her love problems away from work. Hoin gets all" dare-dare" then starts blabbing about Aoki and tries to get Shirai to help her hook up with him. Of course she says no...

- Later that day Shirai is approached by the Vice-Principle and asked to attend some sort workshop saying that the members of the board of education would be there. Shirai refuses but the V.P won't take no for an answer. He grabs her arm and tells her that she being the child of the board of education chief would help make things easier for them.

- After hearing this Shirai looks like shes going to be sick this is when Hoin then walks in and tells the V.P that if he dose it again that she'll report him for harassment. The V.P backs off and Shirai thanks Hoin for the help she then comments on how she wishes she was had never been born into that family... Next we see her flipping through a book about child development and reads a some out of it about how children bonding with their parents shape their personalities...(I think you all know where this is going)

- It's the day of the PTA meeting and Shirai shows up out of no where which surprises Hoin. Shirai makes up an excuse about how it's not unusual for more then one teacher to attain a meeting...(So she dose have a soul ) During the meeting that same ugly poor excuse of a mother is mouthing off at Hoin. Shirai then comes to her rescue by calling her a "Shitty Old Fart" (Good on you Shirai! ) At the end of the meeting Hoin thanks Shirai for helping her out. Shirai then turns around and says she didn't it for Hoin but her own sake...

I look forward to seeing more background on Shirai-sensai lord knows she needs it...
Old 2007-12-05, 00:33   Link #629
Dragonsnake

I was just wondering when the manga it release. Is it a weekly thing or they taking a break now cuz it seems awhile that ch. 32 been out.
Dragonsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 01:04   Link #630
tebahpla
Not B&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonsnake View Post
I was just wondering when the manga it release. Is it a weekly thing or they taking a break now cuz it seems awhile that ch. 32 been out.
monthly. i know it takes a freakin long time to wait for another chapter.

but it really is worth waiting for it since development takes rather fast. unlike most shonen crap that goes on forever, 10-15 years. dont take it the wrong way i like watching animes of it but damn it doesnt end and story progreses way to slow.

from what i can see theres been a bunch of people signing up accounts just to talk about KnJ(myself included lol).
Old 2007-12-05, 01:05   Link #631
Alexandrite
Bloody Hell...

Send a message via MSN to Alexandrite Send a message via Yahoo to Alexandrite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonsnake View Post
NaweG answered this on the previous page. It's released monthly.
Alexandrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 01:30   Link #632
tebahpla
Not B&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandrite View Post
NaweG answered this on the previous page. It's released monthly.
yea, I was the one who asked the question. lol
Old 2007-12-05, 21:35   Link #633
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebahpla View Post
monthly. i know it takes a freakin long time to wait for another chapter.

but it really is worth waiting for it since development takes rather fast. unlike most shonen crap that goes on forever, 10-15 years. dont take it the wrong way i like watching animes of it but damn it doesnt end and story progreses way to slow.

from what i can see theres been a bunch of people signing up accounts just to talk about KnJ(myself included lol).
I signed up to talk about KnJ as well. Then i started to talk about other animes and mangas too though.
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 22:21   Link #634
tebahpla
Not B&

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumowow View Post
I signed up to talk about KnJ as well. Then i started to talk about other animes and mangas too though.
so did I, but the anime i chose after KnJ is unfortunately the infamous schooldays.
Spoiler for school days end spoiler:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-12-06 at 15:08. Reason: put tags around it
Old 2007-12-06, 00:28   Link #635
sumowow

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebahpla View Post
Spoiler for school days end spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2007-12-06 at 14:50. Reason: added tags
Old 2007-12-06, 14:45   Link #636
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

And I'll just note that posters should spoiler tag spoiler information about another series in any thread -- particularly surprise endings.
Old 2007-12-06, 14:51   Link #637
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

~Manju agrees with Vexx and reminds the memebers this is the Nymphet [Kodomo no Jikan] thread not School Days~
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 16:20   Link #638
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
now how did that SD spoiler crop into this

chapter 32
Shirai sensei...zomg i love her!!

its just awesome seeing some development for the side characters and for Shirai it is a huge appealing boast ^^

the train scene has to be the best...she may have seen a new light in aoki - dam her blush is so moe (feel like melting *-*)

hoin is being her usual self, i lawled quite bad when she wanted Shirai to help with her love life XD

ofc the moral of the story for the day is to set a good example for your kids (a though i will remember :3)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-06, 18:08   Link #639
tebahpla
Not B&

wont happen again guise. my bad.
Old 2007-12-06, 18:10   Link #640
sumowow

Yea i should have known better as well. Forgive me

Tags