AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2016-02-07, 11:08   Link #7261
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

Not sure why. Just thought it would be interesting/fun reading for some reason. Even Kantai Collection got a crossover with TAMnI.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-07, 11:21   Link #7262
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

As a total fan of both…the idea feels odd and I'm not sure how it would work. Beyond songs being used to symbolize prayer, the entire concept feels like it wouldn't mesh with TaMnI.
Old 2016-03-03, 00:19   Link #7263
SugarBrain
Keeper of Sweets!

For the guys that read A new Road of Misfortune, I think Itherael is planning something big for his story. His cover had changed and the summary only says: SYSTEM FAILURE.

Also, in the profile of the story, the picture 6 will not be available until the next chapter is published for some reason. I'm eager to see what he is planning.

Here is the change in the cover:

SugarBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-07, 09:09   Link #7264
soulcage

Hello!

I recently found this thread and decided to join up! I'm an author of an OC-centric fic which has been going on for a long time now, but I still feel like I have a lot of room to improve. I would be glad if you could criticize my work and give me some of your thoughts.

Anyway, you can check it out here:
A Certain Unscientific Paradigm
soulcage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-13, 02:58   Link #7265
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
As a total fan of both…the idea feels odd and I'm not sure how it would work. Beyond songs being used to symbolize prayer, the entire concept feels like it wouldn't mesh with TaMnI.
Nah. Symphogear has something inside of it that feels Indexy.

I think it'd just have to take some work to make it good. But I like the idea.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 01:11   Link #7266
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Super Seven update. This arc ended exactly how I expected it to.

Old 2016-09-11, 19:19   Link #7267
jrdragon2006

Is anyone going write a To aru Halloween or Christmas fanfic this year?
jrdragon2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-11, 15:34   Link #7268
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Haven't posted in awhile, but Super Seven is going along well. I just put out Chapter 25, which ends the Movie Meltdown Arc.

It's terrible and weird, but if anyone is familiar with my sense of humor and style of writing, it's a decent read. I think it is anyway.

Old 2017-01-05, 09:50   Link #7269
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Doing a fanfic right now that'll blend Index, Railgun, Accelerator for the most part, although some characters will appear from other materials like the games and stuff.

Will probably need someone to help make sure I did the chapter right.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 14:28   Link #7270
DLH VII
Itsuka Kotori's Hater

So, I wanted to do a rewrite of Index in order to explain important devices the writer had forgot, and to add more plot points that could explain the nature of science and magic.

Alterations I desire to make:
- Removal of unnecessary ecchi, harem, bad comedy, deus ex machinas and etc.
- Magicians are now criminals, and the religious sects were created to hunt them down.
- The Right Seat of God is now an Islamic terrorist group that wants to start the end of the world in hopes of cleaning the word from heretics.
- There is a group calling themselves as Four Horseman, and they will replace some elements involving the Roman Catholic Church and its members.
- Kamijou Touma is removed from the main plots in order to refresh some characters; being them Styl, Kanzaki, Tsuchimikado and more.
- He is the objective of many magical organisations and their reason for doing raids against Academy City, and as such, he will be an important asset.
Old 2017-01-09, 14:42   Link #7271
Twi

Sounds interesting, like that rewrite that was stopped.
Old 2017-01-17, 22:25   Link #7272
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

An Islamic Right Seat of God wanting to destroy the world is kind of boring and unimaginative to be honest.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-20, 07:51   Link #7273
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Much prefer if the Islamist group is OC IMO.

Anyway, I'm working on something similar to Memoriam, but combines Index/Railgun/Accelerator stuff, including the games.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2017-02-01, 07:17   Link #7274
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

In the midst of doing a TMNI rewrite, one change that I want to do is to make Yomikawa and Tesso as auxiliary police officers instead of Anti-Skill if the latter is rewritten as a special response unit.

Old 2017-02-01, 07:56   Link #7275
Twi

Okay, sounds reasonable.
Old 2017-02-02, 08:14   Link #7276
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Of course the other way is to make it a subplot where Anti-Skill can accept part-time officers, which will deconstructed if the two can still keep it doing it or not.

PS - I may need someone to read it all when I'm done. Warning that it's a crossover with Assassin's Creed and FEAR stuff.

Old 2017-02-02, 08:51   Link #7277
Twi

Psuedo-crossover or serious crossover?
Old 2017-02-02, 20:21   Link #7278
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Serious, although just some bits and pieces with some cameo crossovers possible.

Old 2017-02-08, 17:01   Link #7279
rubix22
On Cleaning Duty

Currently writing Chapter 35 of Super Seven. I have to wonder if people like it when I stop telling jokes and focus on plot-orientated stuff. I suppose it might be jarring for a light-hearted comedy to suddenly tackle darker stuff...

If anyone's a fan, thoughts?
Old 2017-03-13, 00:45   Link #7280
salamander750

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubix22 View Post
Currently writing Chapter 35 of Super Seven. I have to wonder if people like it when I stop telling jokes and focus on plot-orientated stuff. I suppose it might be jarring for a light-hearted comedy to suddenly tackle darker stuff...

If anyone's a fan, thoughts?
Nah, your story is fine the way It is, we have enough action stories like A certain unknow lv 0, A new road of misfortune... your story is different from those because It is a humor sort of story
salamander750 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction