Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-01, 13:25   Link #201
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm enjoying this show more and more.
Spoiler for ep5:
Kuwashima Houko's voice -- which I find so easy to identify with -- ties this show together for me. And I'm now sure that it wasn't just to be different that I said I liked the OP: I think the song and animation work extremely well together. I found myself watching the whole thing, which I don't do for many shows after five episodes. Strange, since when I first saw it, I thought the animation was a bit boring.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-03, 22:51   Link #202
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Payment 4

ButterFly's Flutter

Ok. I am starting to warm up to Zombie Loan. This episode was interesting, because it made realize that the show's forte would be shining through its multi-facetic casts.

In some way or another every one of the characters featured in the ending contributes a role due to his or her unique talents or special abilities.

Shito and Chika materialize their own weapons through ectoplasm by exchanging their loaned hands back to their respective owners.

Michiru possess the eyesight of the Shinigami in her eyes to which she's able to identify the "Black Rings" on the recently deceased people brought back by illegal zombies.

Ferryman is the Zombie loaner and senior partner who runs the agency. No authorized resurrection can apply, unless the deceased agrees to his contract.

Yuuta is the handful assistant to cope up with work office and handles the matters on investigation topics and research materials for clues and evidence.

Otsu, newly introduced player in this episode, is connected to the police department and brief murder cases related to zombies to the agency.

Yomi, although practically useless save for fanservice purposes, has her other 'self', Koyomi, who has quite the hots for Michiru, and is the spiritual medium.

Shiba, Chika's buddy and middle-school friend, possess an enigmatic ability for deduction to solve seemingly, unsolvable riddles through scrutinous observation and analysis.
He joined the agency on purpose because he was bored with his mundane life and wanted to live-up to a challenge to keep him entertained; Ferryman politely gave him a choice to hire him and Shiba accepted willingly.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 05:09   Link #203
aONErox
Trainee

episode 5! total plot twist at the end! sort of
aONErox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 05:13   Link #204
Bondius
Busting in on girls.. O.O

Heh, I'm into Zombie-Loan as well, watched it from the first episode and I'm quite impressed ^.^. It gets cooler with every passing episode.
With the last episode, (Ko)Yomi sky-rocketed into my favorite characters.
Spoiler for episode 5:

By the way, does anyone have a high-resolution version of this pic?

I found it on animepaper and I'd really like to see it full-size ^.^
Bondius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 09:32   Link #205
KnekO

*sighs* you know Bobo, your memory sucks major amounts of zombie ass.I showed you the wall 1 week ago.Oh well...if I'm here FUMOFFU!!

SECOND RAID!!!
KnekO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 12:57   Link #206
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Was it an accident or done on purpose by Ferryman to swap the wrong right hand? It makes to think the latter, because those are quite opposite and on direct animosity with each other. Individually, they are crushed but together they can eventually become a powerful and unstoppable duo.
As far as I can tell, Chika believes that the switch was accidental. But I agree with you. I think Ferryman did it on purpose. I think he's far more aware of what he's doing and what's going on around him than he appears on the surface. What I haven't figured out yet is why he purposefully linked the boys' destiny. Your theory is a good one.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 13:13   Link #207
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Well the ending of ep 5 caught me off guard, even though I knew there was something wrong with Shiba, but I didn't expect him to show up as an enemy so soon
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 17:05   Link #208
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well some of you must have caught on when he was able to crack the password...i believe that he could be a member on that site ~ though i must admit that it was a total shocker as his acting skills are just godly O.O

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 17:19   Link #209
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Funny to see Otsu do a Chidori on the zombie

I think what I like most about this show is the chibiness XD I just find it hilarious, reminds me of getbackers a bit.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 17:33   Link #210
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Kuwashima Houko's voice -- which I find so easy to identify with -- ties this show together for me.
What Kuwashima Houko is in the voice cast credits? It never crossed my mind, because I mean she's right off now voicing Clare from Claymore.

Who is she voicing? I want to know that badly.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 17:43   Link #211
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well some of you must have caught on when he was able to crack the password...i believe that he could be a member on that site ~ though i must admit that it was a total shocker as his acting skills are just godly O.O
I was suspicious when the girl yelled "Save me Rei!" in the opening of this arc with him in the shadows. Then, solving that puzzle was a "Hmmm..." moment. The website hack was a "Ahah!" moment. Shito was right after all.

I'm still rooting for the emo brunette.

Why didn't The Ferryman notice anything?
Old 2007-08-04, 17:52   Link #212
Nvenya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
What Kuwashima Houko is in the voice cast credits? It never crossed my mind, because I mean she's right off now voicing Clare from Claymore.

Who is she voicing? I want to know that badly.

Michiru is being voiced by Kuwashima Houko.
Nvenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 18:28   Link #213
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Uh ... I hate this show.

No, no, it's far from horrible. In fact, there is nothing wrong with it so far. The problem is, there is also nothing right with it so far. It might become one of the shows I watch until ep 6-9 without real enjoyment but also without finding the strength to just give up on it.
It still looks like it. I already see me watching this right through the end (assuming it's only one season). -_-

But what I wanted to ask ... Shinsen's mysterious "Fantan" drink is probably just Fanta?
Old 2007-08-04, 19:57   Link #214
flick
電脳コイル'd

Neeuuu! Why did Shiba have to be the naughty one >_<I would have LOVED him to be part of the combo team!

Thanks for the pictures, kneko!

Episode 5 really rocked! Although I still think the OP/ED are fairly rubbish (certainly the OP anyway) the BGM in this episode was FANTASTIC. It really kept me on the edge
flick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 20:50   Link #215
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
^ I have to agree that the BGM is indeed really good. In the ending Shiba is wearing a cloak, and you see other people wearing the same type of cloaks, does that mean that they're like part of some king of group. Maybe the butterfly group, I don't know.
Just a question for those who read the manga, if they know
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 01:33   Link #216
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 5

Not terribly impressed by any of that. The plot twist at the end was predictable (never mind any of the blatant hints dropped throughout this ep, the OP gives it away), and a lot of that was trite and mindless. This anime is trying to be too psychological in its approach, and doesn't have the finnesse of Monster or any good psychological Hollywood thriller to pull it off, and it just comes off as tacky and unnecessarily convoluted as a result. And the action scenes still stink.

This, I think, is going to be one of those anime that tries to be something above it.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 09:16   Link #217
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ maybe you are putting too much on the series to begin which as i cant see any big errors made so far ~ ever since ep 3 everything has been going on a pretty smooth track i dont think it is yet to try anything major as the story has only just begun...
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
^ I have to agree that the BGM is indeed really good. In the ending Shiba is wearing a cloak, and you see other people wearing the same type of cloaks, does that mean that they're like part of some king of group. Maybe the butterfly group, I don't know.
Just a question for those who read the manga, if they know
its more of a long coat then a cloak imo...and its just probably shiba's style so dont think too much about it :3 its the classic "criminal" fashion style XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 14:04   Link #218
flick
電脳コイル'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvenya View Post
Michiru is being voiced by Kuwashima Houko.
OMG. So didn't realise that! I love Claymore and I knew that Kuwashima Houko was also voicing Clare, and also Isako from Denno Coil (also a cool-as character) so it's a huge contrast to find her voicing the timid Michiru! Needless to say Kuwashima Houko is definitely one my favourite seiyuus!
flick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-07, 00:16   Link #219
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Firstly really nice pics tempted to make a siggie out of the first one : D Also here are icons from the OP ^__^

Quote:

Old 2007-08-07, 07:48   Link #220
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Very nice Geta ^^ I like your sig as well. d(^_^)
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, peach-pit, shounen