Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-21, 23:19   Link #4641
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
The reason it's bi-monthly is because the authors have another series they publish Triage X.

As for the bokken most decent ones start around the 70-80 dollar mark, for 250 it better be a authentically made one for actual martial arts usage to command that price.

Man you guys are making me feel better when saying this or that is so expensive, I have a H&K MR556 on order and with all the accessories to make it like Rika's M-4 it's going to cost me in the neighborhood of $3,500.00 dollars. Not sure if I'll get the aim point sight like she had I prefer EO-Tech but we'll see.
That's why come the zombie apocalypse, I'm gonna save some money by taking an axe, knives, and a molotov cocktail, and a car and a fight my way through the zombies to a an abandoned gun store or the Army Reserve center in my town grab a gun (preferably an M4A1 with a red dot reflex sight, suppressor, and M203 grenade launcher.) free of charge.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 00:02   Link #4642
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARTAN 119 View Post
That's why come the zombie apocalypse, I'm gonna save some money by taking an axe, knives, and a molotov cocktail, and a car and a fight my way through the zombies to a an abandoned gun store or the Army Reserve center in my town grab a gun (preferably an M4A1 with a red dot reflex sight, suppressor, and M203 grenade launcher.) free of charge.
if it were only that simple............
Realistically looting any of the above locations you mentioned in a time of crisis is more than unlikely. first assuming the locations have not been looted already( you are not gonna be only one who thought of looting those places).
I find any military installations abandoned during the initial crisis hard to fathom. And i m also going to assume you have very little knowledge of how the milliatry stores its weapons. in any army base in north America the weapon and its bolt are kept separately in separate breach proof sealed rooms if not in separate compartments within said armory. also ammo is rarely kept in the same building as the where the guns are, generally ammo is stored in a out of sight warehouse /hangar/ that may or may not be underground. though i suppose during the zombie crisis it would be probably easier to find ammo on base. As for the suppressor well you have a better chance of finding one in a local gun store than in a military base much less a reserve base. In all honesty you would in my opinion have a better chance to loot a police station (like in the manga) and search the evidence lock up for weapons. Or hope you can loot the weapons from those that died.

Though given the nature of the chaos that can be caused during a large scale zombie apocalypse almost anything can happen. And besides with the amount of guns in North America, there is tons of other places you can loot guns from other than the locations you've mentioned.

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2010-09-22 at 01:03.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 00:16   Link #4643
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
That assumes quite a lot. Like, for instance, that the store in question isn't already looted and empty.
Old 2010-09-22, 00:26   Link #4644
lightbringer
M9000

That's a lot of cash to spend on a gun that will collect dust (or be used for sport? not much point to owning one either way though, imho). I'd rather buy manga/anime with it instead
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 00:50   Link #4645
dfens

The H&K M-4 style rifle is going to be for 2 things mostly for plinking and having fun at the range, and if the shtf and I need more firepower then one of my handguns can handle which is a very low chance then it's 5.56 X 45 mm time.

Now who here doesn't like guns? It's a fun hobby and they hold their resale value if I ever need to get rid of it which I never ever do. I mean people who buy a Rolex that can't even beat a cheap Casio watch when keeping time, they both tell the same time that's something I scratch my head at.

Been saving for years so money isn't a problem, plus since they keep pushing the release date back, gives me more time to work extra hours. Could cash in my vacation pay and it would be free but that's going to be used for my trip to Japan.

I have that issue of Dragon Age with Saeko figure, I bought it just in case chapter 27 the latest wasn't scanlated but a new group picked up the series, so I could read it raw and I wanted the figure of my favorite character. The figure is like a gashapon not on par with my full size toyworks version. The little toy is going for 15-60 dollars on eBay more than what the magazine cost.

Also got that secret box on order it's suppose to come with a Saeko bust mouse pad, Rei roll pillow, and Saya BUKKAKE pass case which I have no idea how they are going to do that or what it is exactly. And some sort of book hope it's not all text if it's all kanji man is going to be a pain to read. Pretty sure it's not a artbook.

Last edited by dfens; 2010-09-22 at 01:42.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 01:13   Link #4646
Francismeunier
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Bliss View Post
Even though both me and my mom disliked how it had to end so soon and such a unclosed ending, we're hoping strongly for a second season.
I am just curious....what does your mom think of all this ecchi in this series or other anime series?
Quote:
Screw that....the way to go is grenade launcher and flame thrower with a some GLOCKs...my preferences are those chambered for 357 and 45.

I would not mind a shotgun also.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 01:18   Link #4647
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
Now who here doesn't like guns? It's a fun hobby and they hold their resale value if I ever need to get rid of it which I never ever do. I mean people who buy a Rolex that can't even beat a cheap Casio watch when keeping time, they both tell the same time that's a something I scratch my head at.
Agree with you there. Guns are a a good thing to invest in and not just for protection but also for fun. I recently purchased a Remington 700 VTR for hunting purposes with my friends. I already own a Colt m4(though its the .22 rimfire ver). Though for my my next gun its going to be a either a glock 22 or a Sig Sauer p226.
Will have to consider getting a shotgun one of these days though.
Old 2010-09-22, 01:19   Link #4648
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Silenced shotgun a la no country for old men. What zombie would fuck with a guy like that? No zombie thats who.
Old 2010-09-22, 01:38   Link #4649
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
Silenced shotgun a la no country for old men. What zombie would fuck with a guy like that? No zombie thats who.
Silenced Shotgun? I've never seen such a thing. What shotgun would actually be threaded for a silencer, anyway? Not to mention it would screw up the spread.
Old 2010-09-22, 01:39   Link #4650
Penpa

It says licensed so when might we see the dvd release???
Penpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 01:46   Link #4651
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Screw that....the way to go is grenade launcher and flame thrower with a some GLOCKs...my preferences are those chambered for 357 and 45.

I would not mind a shotgun also.
While it is fun to discuss weapons to kill zombies with. And i think i m killing the mood But i m feeling realistic at the moment so let me ask that honestly ,how many of us would actually know how to properly use any of the more exotic weapons? I for one have no idea how to properly operate and service any kind of flame thrower. And how many would actually be able to clear a stoppage on any grenade launcher without injuring or killing yourself. Or any stoppages in any kind of firearms. Guns don't work flawlessly like in a video game and especially not after long periods of use without cleaning, neither do you instantly become magically proficient with any weapons that comes into your hand.

Alright asides from that rant what i m saying is that even though a zombie apocalypse is unlikely to happen, it does still pay to become knowledgeable in the basic use and maintenance of firearms. I find that It is quite enjoyable and pays to have such training and knowledge to call upon in today's world.
Old 2010-09-22, 01:57   Link #4652
dfens

Angrypokstick I'd personally go with the Sig 226 but make sure it's not in 40 S&W get the 9mm the way it was intended much softer shooter. The Glock 22 isn't bad I'd get it if money was tight or more importantly you like DAO style triggers more.

Still Sig's are pushing it a 226 new will run you about 900 dollars and the Glock just under 600 before tax and DROS. Been meaning to get a Sig 226 but I have too many handguns as it is and unless I find a deal on a used one going to be awhile till I buy one.

Was going to get a Benelli M-4 but after holding a AR-15 for the first time in years it didn't give me the same wicked smile of a kid in a candy store even though I really liked it and wanted to buy one. Can't justify both right now since this will probably be my only long gun purchase in a very long time. Unless I build a AR a cheaper make, then I can get both but that's just not my style I save up and buy the best.

As for them making more of the series we don't know. I'd bet good money if the DVD and Blu-Ray sales are high enough they will make a second season. The content alone says money maker, especially here stateside. But how long of a wait is anyones guess. The first season covers volumes 1-4 and volume 6 just came out and number 7 won't be available till late April. Granted some chapters are longer than others I know it won't be a few months and bam another season like Arakawa under the bridge it's going to be like a year from last July at the earliest.
Old 2010-09-22, 06:44   Link #4653
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

youtube

there are videos on youtube of people firing suppressed shotguns. Only thing is that, they aren't small like the ones in Call of Duty. Those things are long... very long.

in a zombie apocalypse you probably want weapons the fire easy to find ammo. Take pistol ammo for instance. Even though .45 ACP is known to be man-stoppers, you'd have to go with 9mm since 9mm would be carried by cops, military, and civilians.

Anyhow, the Benelli M3 is cooler than the M4. It's the legal equivalent of the SPAS 12. Semi or Pump action.

Just to bring this back on topic. I think they'll continue this series some time next year, probably around the same time. The next issue of the manga is out in November. If the mangaka puts it out every month or two, there could be enough material. I'm sure that Madhouse may have access to him and may get knowledge of what he's planning so they can adapt his stories.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 08:20   Link #4654
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

I was thinking about watching this now that batches are out, but I see the BD vols are coming out, so I'm wondering if I should just wait for those. I"m not in a rush to watch this, so the wait isn't a problem.

Is there a difference between the TV and BD releases?
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 08:20   Link #4655
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Guys remember if you want to discuss weapons and such please do it in the Zombie Survival thread, it is highly off topic here.

That said, I wasnt expecting a real ending with this since manga is ongoing/hiatus/whatever but I dunno seemed they could have gotten farther. Decent series, animation was killer but it lacked a lot, more like something fun to kill 22 minutes with.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 08:37   Link #4656
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Did you guys (and as recently revealed moms ) see the DVD/BD menu image? I also hope they decensored the drill scene and gave blood a more proper colour!
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 09:14   Link #4657
klare

nice eps to end it

the last part shown the policewoman and the mall, indicating where will the next season be

this is the most entertaining series of this season, together with Ookami-san
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 09:24   Link #4658
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Did you guys (and as recently revealed moms ) see the DVD/BD menu image? I also hope they decensored the drill scene and gave blood a more proper colour!
Yeah saw it . Nice Zoom but whose is it ? ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 10:34   Link #4659
dfens

If their was any censoring then the DVD/Blu-Ray release will not have it, that's a given. It could have a bit more gore that's about it, even the manga didn't really have any nudity except the bath scene.

Don't expect Gantz level even though the manga at times did show guts and limbs flying.

All I know is I'm buying this day of release to go with my japanese manga version set.
Old 2010-09-22, 12:57   Link #4660
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
I was thinking about watching this now that batches are out, but I see the BD vols are coming out, so I'm wondering if I should just wait for those. I"m not in a rush to watch this, so the wait isn't a problem.

Is there a difference between the TV and BD releases?
I would say wait. I don't care about the ecchi that was censored, but some action scenes were and those I am looking forward to.

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse