AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Umineko character(s)
Ushiromiya Battler 211 64.53%
Ushiromiya Ange 125 38.23%
Ushiromiya George 32 9.79%
Ushiromiya jessica 68 20.80%
Ushiromiya Maria 111 33.94%
Ushiromiya Kinzo 59 18.04%
Ushiromiya Krauss 13 3.98%
Ushiromiya Natsuhi 85 25.99%
Ushiromiya Eva 58 17.74%
Ushiromiya Hideyoshi 13 3.98%
Ushiromiya Rudolf 58 17.74%
Ushiromiya Kyrie 129 39.45%
Ushiromiya Rosa 80 24.46%
Shannon 51 15.60%
Kanon 61 18.65%
Ronoue Genji 20 6.12%
Gohda Toshiro 29 8.87%
Kumasawa Chiyo 18 5.50%
Nanjo Terumasa 6 1.83%
Others 31 9.48%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-11, 13:50   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Umineko - Favourite Character(s) Poll [Human's side]

Welcome to Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Favorite Character(s) Poll [Human's side] - the place where you can express all of your love towards your favorite Umineko human characters.

Because of the huge number of important characters in this series, two threads have been created in order to allow everyone to vote for all their favorite characters. As such, the present thread is covering most characters from the human side. If you wish to vote for Beatrice and other characters related to the witch's side and meta world, please go to this thread.

You can vote for multiple characters all at once in this poll. Your vote is final once you click on the "vote now" tab. You won't be able to comeback and vote a second time for another character. Choose wisely!
If you are selecting "Other" among your choices, please don't forget to name the character(s) you are referring to (such like Professor Ootsuki, Captain Kawabata, etc.).

Please remember this thread is destined for anime watchers and VN readers alike. Therefore, do not post any spoilers at all, and try to vote for characters you like based on Episode 1-4 events only, in order to allow people to understand your comments should you post any.

The poll is public which means the votes will be visible to everyone!

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.

Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.
  • Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.
  • Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-01-11 at 14:03.
Old 2010-01-11, 14:37   Link #2
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I only voted for one character (by accident... but it doesn't make much of a difference anyway). My vote went to Rosa. Horrible parenting aside, I like her the most out of the human side and find her to be the easiest for me to relate to out of the family... I guess that might make a bit more sense if you read the novels too. ^^;

The only other characters that I like in the first four Episodes other than Rosa on the human side are probably... Maria (after EP4) and... Kumasawa I guess? Or Jessica. Hmmm, can't say that I like the human side as much as others might. ^^;

Old 2010-01-11, 14:47   Link #3
Symphie
Quit. :)

I guess i'll vote on.... Battler, Jessica and Kanon.

Battler: Its kinda hard to explain but i find him like a really interesting character and yet so... funny. My old friend thought he was kind of annoying (he thought Battler was kinda smart*beep*) However, i don't really see it that way. :x anyways he's just a... great character. 8D

Jessica: (duh)... favorite female character... obviously.... *cough* She's just the type of girl i like. I really enjoy girls who doesn't act girly at all... it kinda reminds me about myself -shot-. However, i also like how she isn't... well.... how to say.... totally screwed up by moe stuff... Ya know like maid clothes like Shannon and etc... xDDDD *can't really explain* She just have... plain clothes.

Kanon: Lol i just love ''sad'' boys with that kind of hair and haircolor Nah... there's more in it.... I also like boys who realize their feelings for a girl... i've always found that kind of couple is really cute so obviously they would become my OTP. But meh, i didn't really like him in EP1... but it started to grow more and more... especially at EP2. >:U But his furniture talk was quite painful to go through 1000 times

If possible, please delete this account.
Old 2010-01-11, 15:04   Link #4
Vega Lyra
<Congratulations>!!!!
*Artist

Kyrie : Awesome character design, eccentric persona and she just sticks out from the rest somehow. I love her name too. ^_^

Rosa : I can completely understand her now. I want her to have a happy ending someday, somewhere...

Natsuhi : Lovely character design. She's so much like a naive young child as well - one quality that I admire her for keeping, even though it may be a disadvantage towards her.

Last edited by Vega Lyra; 2010-01-11 at 15:34.
Old 2010-01-11, 15:19   Link #5
Raiza Sunozaki

My votes went to Battler, Ange, George, Jessica, Kyrie and other, meaning Amakusa. Hoo... big list. First of all, I have to apologize to Klash, as most of my opinions are based off the games, because DEEN got almost none of the personalities down right.
Battler: I know this is obvious as a choice. So if you don't like Battler, just skip it.
Spoiler for size:

Next up is Ange:
Spoiler for size:

George:
Really, I liked him because of three reasons: he played the kind, diplomatic older brother to the cousins, in parallel to Krauss' tough, bullying character, that he acted really cool in the fight against Gaap, and how he was ready to go up against the family to protect his love (always good in my cheesy books). Other than that... he's appears pretty ordinary. Another "clicked well" character.

Jessica:
Unlike Eva's pursuit of her elder's place, which I guess was reasoned out to be logical but still made me dislike her, Jessica doesn't care about the headship, and appears to be quite willing to pass it on to George. She's strong-willed and energetic, something I like in girls, and while a bit of an idiot, care a lot for her family, even if they might treat her badly. Plus whenever she goes into "tsundere mode", I can't help but "awww." And like George, her fight scene with Ronove boosted her score by a bunch as well. Overall, she may be a dumb blonde in a sense, but the other parts of her personality make up for it.

Kyrie:
Spoiler for size:

I'll have to do Amakusa later, I'm out of time now.
Old 2010-01-11, 15:32   Link #6
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
Jessica: She's definitely the most "human". I love her personality and attitude and how she's different than most girls and shows a lot about herself. I personally love tsunderes like her that are tomboyish yet totally girly inside when they see the person they love. She doesn't care about the headship and just wants to live her life freely and her own way, and I love how inspirational that part of her is. She's just my favorite character of all time, ever, honestly. She's also smart and she's willing to do anything to protect the people she loves.

Kanon: Always loved him. Kanon X Jessica ftw, most obsessive pairing everrr. But other than that, I like how he tries to hide his feelings yet he just can't run away. I love the mysterious and shy and quiet attitude of his.

other than that, hmmm.

Natsuhi: Such a faithful and amazing person in my eyes, sacrificing herself for the honor of the family, and she's a great mother to Jessica, especially when she told her " I would become a monster or a demon for you". Her character is very interesting and she's just pretty amazing overall, I love her.

Kyrie: I love her intelligence and how deep her past is. She's always thinking of things and really, love her intelligence, pretty much all I can say. She's also a pretty cool character overall.

Rosa: One of the most developed characters. I don't blame her for treating Maria like that, since she's pretty annoying, but anyways, off character bashing, she seems to have had a hard life yet she's still going. Even with pushing all the pain onto Maria, she does her best to protect her when it really matters.
Old 2010-01-11, 16:22   Link #7
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

My votes:

Battler: Battler is my favourite umineko character, just because even with all the crap that is torturing him, he manages to keep going forward, even if he needs help at times.
I really like how he remains human from start to finish, even if it brings him to complications (suspecting his relatives) or lead him to be tricked (Ep3).
And of course, he is the character that got the largest share of growth to boot.

Ange: Tragic character. I personally like her more for her interesting approach of Magic, her efforts to discover the truth despite she was pretty much going to commit suicide. That and her kicking ass side and stylish aura.
Although she appears cold, she is quite passionate and kind herself. Kuudere all the way :3

Natsuhi: Natsuhi was the female character that I was rooting the most for her sense of responsibility and duty that she carried out, even if it means to get put to shame and so forth. Plus, her devotion towards Krauss is quite something, but alas, the anime dumbed her down so much that she doesn't seem to care for people in general (while she was shown to be quite regretful when she kicked out people in the end of Ep1, or when Eva was in bad shape in Ep3).

Rudolf: Battler was badass at times and it is probably thanks to daddy here. Rudolf was quite amusing, putting a show in many instances.
That and of course, western ass kicker.

Kyrie: Sort of "underdeveloped" compared to the other wives, Kyrie was still quite nice for her guiding presence and intelligence. Plus, her past make things even more "complicated" and interesting, causing a certain intricate aspect between her, Rudolf and Battler. And obviously, her battler against Leviathan was great.

I would give an honorable mention to most characters, considering that, even if it isn't as close as Higurashi in term of "likable" aspects, most human (but also witch's side) characters are interesting, with a lot of shade of grey. I would definitely mention Kinzo for his charismatic steamrolling leader side (Ep4), both Shannon and Kanon for being more than simple "servants with a plain complex" etc.

That being said, there is nothing much to say about Nanjo, and I think people already know my stance regarding Rosa.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-01-12 at 01:19.
Old 2010-01-11, 16:26   Link #8
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Battler - OnoD <3 But really I thought he was odd when I first started watching this but he grew on me. Plus his interaction with Beato is great.

Kyrie - seriously one hot woman, I dont know what I like the most about her but her views of everything espc in the beginning and when she talked about Battler's birth mother (who's name I always forget) I just loved it.

Edit: @Raiza Sunozaki, actually your description of Kyrie is exactly what I wanted to say!

Kanon - basically the reason I started watching this, he can be my furniture anyday <3
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-01-11, 17:41   Link #9
Kaiba

Kinzo, Rudolf, Kyrie, Shannon, though admittedly I voted Rudolf only because of JAAAKKKUUUU BAUUUWAAAAAA.
Old 2010-01-11, 18:10   Link #10
Marion
The Great Dine

I really love all the characters but my personal favorites.

Kyrie - No doubt about it, she's my favorite female character. She's clearly a dominant woman (I mean seriously, it might as well be canon that she tops Rudolf) and is very interesting. A bit upset that she got little to no development compared to the other three milfs (seriously ryukishi, you gave all the other three their own staring arcs but Kyrie)

Kinzo - YA-MI WO KI-RI-SA-KU OH DESSSIREEEEE Most badass grandpa. A shame he's dead

Battler - Even though he's pretty incompetent he still comes off as a great character. Too bad the anime pretty much ruined his characterization.

Rudolf - One smooth badass. Can't ever imagine him as a murderer, but he does have a suave personality that makes him stand out past the other male characters in my opinion.

Gohda - Probably the only genuine nice guy in this entire cast. He does have his show off moments, but he is a good person and its sad that he wasn't highlighted much at all.

Juuza (other) - Another one of my favorite male characters. Again, its too bad the anime cut out a lot of his lines (I was especially sad that <Cool> was removed)
Old 2010-01-11, 18:20   Link #11
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Kinzo, Rudolf, Kyrie, Shannon, though admittedly I voted Rudolf only because of JAAAKKKUUUU BAUUUWAAAAAA.
OMG me too ever since that you tube vid XD.

I voted also for Battler, Jessica, Kanon, Maria Shannon, Kyrie, Rosa, Natsuh, Eva and Amakusa
Old 2010-01-11, 18:49   Link #12
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Voted for Maria
I can relate to that kid. Not because of Rosa, though...
Old 2010-01-11, 19:23   Link #13
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I voted for Maria and Ange for being interesting. Initially I was wondering why they didn't shoot Maria, but felt sorry for her after more was revealed about her. I also voted Shannon because she is mostly pleasant and stable which I can't say for almost everyone else.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-01-11, 20:19   Link #14
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Battler is my fav human character for a number of reasons.

First he's wacky when in a playful mood, and I like characters like that.

He's not willing to give up on what he believes in, which makes him a very admirable person as well. I'd love to have the courage and willpower he has.

He doesn't take his perverted side to extreme lengths and actually has some self-control. Best example being when he was EXPECTING to be struck by Shannon in EP1 before he got the chance to grope her and thanking Jessica when she did so instead.

He's quite crafty and clever when he gets serious, it's not easy piercing holes in a magic theory of murders.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-07-10 at 03:25.
Old 2010-01-11, 20:28   Link #15
StainGlass

Rosa
She may be a terrible mother but I've always liked Rosa for some reason.

Eva
I tend to like characters that are a bit bitchy. I also love Itou Miki's voice acting.

Ange
I never use to like her because I found her weak, bitter and delusional, somewhere along the way I started liking her for that

Battler
In the VN, his always angry-mode is rather tiring in the anime.
Old 2010-01-11, 21:57   Link #16
KoiYuki

Battler - Super complex, I just love Battler. He's smart but dumb, and he doesn't give up.

Ange - Okay, she jumped off a building for her family and also
Spoiler for EP4 End:
. She's tough, and though she seems cold, she's actually very loving inside.

Maria - I love Maria. She annoyed the hell out of me for the longest time, but she grew on me so much. I truely feel sorry for her, and she does really want the best for everyone.

Jessica - Never cared a whole lot about her, but I do like her a lot more than some other characters, so I added her to the list.

Kanon - I.. don't even know why I like him. I just do. I like his design.

Shannon - At first, I thought she was just going to be the cliche shy girl, but she really proved me wrong. I like how she has her own understanding of things, and despite her shyness, still has this underlying confidence and expression that shows at the right times.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-07-10 at 03:25.
Old 2010-01-13, 03:05   Link #17
KanonTheFurniture
Witch's Golden Breaker

Beatrice is my favorite character in the series, but almost all my other favorites belong to the human side. Magic is fun and all, but I really want to see more of what got me into this crazy series back in EP1...the mystery in the human world. And of course, more development for those poor under-appreciated characters (Krauss, Hideyoshi and Nanjo in that poll make me sad).

Spoiler for I talk too much:
Old 2010-01-13, 03:35   Link #18
Judoh
Mystery buff

Battler- Because if he wasn't there we wouldn't have such a kick ass story

George- Because saying "I'll slaughter everyone for the one I love" is the most epic thing I can think of

Kyrie- Because she's a wolf in sheeps clothing.
Old 2010-01-13, 04:25   Link #19
Kazuki_Kun

Natsuhi- I love her. She is my favorite Umineko character. I love how she carries herself with an air of grace and dignity. She is highly loyal and faithful. She also has a caring side that the anime didn't show too much of. She's such a strong woman. My favorite character in Umineko.

Ange- I voted because I simply liked her. People say she's whiny, blah blah. I don't care. She's a well developed character and she has every right but whine. She has been through hell. I also like her design, and 'kick ass' attitude.

Eva- As someone already said, I like a bitch. And Eva is so sneaky. I love it. I also want to see Eva and Natsuhi become BFF's by the end of Umineko =P

People who I didn't vote for get an honorable mention. Like Kyrie, who could very well be an amazing character, but haven't seen enough of at this point.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-01-13 at 04:26. Reason: do not mention VN portion.
Old 2010-01-13, 06:56   Link #20
frostieyes

I voted Battler, Ange, and Rosa.
But I love almost all umineko characters. Next in line are Jessica, Kanon, Kyrie, Natsuhi, and Eva...

Battler, the man who gets sexier by the moment
Closed Thread