Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-30, 14:46   Link #121
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziziphus View Post
Wait, you don't know Kishou Taniyama (Natsuki's seiyuu) is the vocalist of GRANRODEO? I guess Mamoru's more popular overall in Japan, but in terms of singing there's no doubt Kishou is the best. And Natsuki's probably my favorite of the boys too.
Really?!

I like Natsuki the best so far; why is a classical music genius so interested into becoming a pop star I'll never know. And his constant trolling of Syo cracks me up.

I rofling HARD at episode 9:
Spoiler:

I haven't hit season two yet but I already like Cat Boy just for the fact that he's not taking anyone's crap.
Old 2013-04-30, 20:38   Link #122
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

ep 10:

I think the principal just had an orgasm......
Old 2013-05-01, 16:54   Link #123
kuromitsu

Ep 5 - Otoya is my favorite character and this episode just killed me dead. SO. RIDICULOUSLY. ADORABLE. Aaaaaawwwwwwww....

Go Go Oto-nii! Go Go Oto-nii! >o<)/
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 18:21   Link #124
LKK

Although I doubt it'll happen, I would love to see Haruka choose Otoya. I like all the Starish guys, but he has a special something in the Best Boyfriend Candidate column.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 21:32   Link #125
akire_and_atem

Finally my favorite prince has his episode out (isn't he just adorable?!)

I think (though I'm highly biased) that Ittoki is the favorite prince, and we got two songs from him! (even if TRUST☆MY DREAM was from last season)

Got killed by his cuteness from the very first minutes ♥w♥ and his song warms my heart as always, there's just this thing from him that just makes me fall for him hard!

Ugh, how I wish I was Haruka at this very moment, so jealous~~~! >.<

OT: is there an oficial character poll to know their popularity rankings? (I'm guessing Tokiya could be No. 1, but something tells me Otoya can easily be too because of his personality)

Ahhh I just love Takuma Terashima's voice C:!!!
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 21:53   Link #126
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well it all way nice to see a story kick off with Haruka getting lost
Old 2013-05-02, 01:33   Link #127
Kakkou
Tch.

Otoya's singing brings all the housewives to the yard. Also Cecil, you damn cockblocker. I wanna drown your magical princely ass.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 03:03   Link #128
akire_and_atem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Otoya's singing brings all the housewives to the yard. Also Cecil, you damn cockblocker. I wanna drown your magical princely ass.
I'm kinda...glad that he did it

I really really loved the interaction between Otoya and Cecil (in a non BL kind of way)

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2013-05-02 at 09:46. Reason: No spoilers
Old 2013-05-02, 03:46   Link #129
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Also Cecil, you damn cockblocker. I wanna drown your magical princely ass.
Seriously, that was so.... arrrgh. XD;; I knew it wasn't going to happen ( ), but still, aaarrgh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akire_and_atem View Post
OT: is there an oficial character poll to know their popularity rankings? (I'm guessing Tokiya could be No. 1, but something tells me Otoya can easily be too because of his personality)
I've seen one at 2ch, though I don't know where it came from and how official it was... anyway, IIRC Tokiya and Shou were the top, Masa and Natsuki the middle, and Otoya and Ren the bottom. (I don't remember Cecil's place, perhaps he wasn't on the list at all...) Bah, polls.

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2013-05-02 at 09:45. Reason: No spoilers
Old 2013-05-02, 04:14   Link #130
akire_and_atem

anyway, aw I wanted to see more of Ren in that bear outfit , especially how he reacted to kids, but they mostly showed Masato (which was hanging in there), Natsuki (happy to be in that suit, after all he planned it) and an embarrassed Tokiya

at first I thought his face was reluctant, but after the seventh time of watching the episode and looking at the others faces apart from Ittoki (you can see my love for Otoya right there LOL), I noticed he looked happy!

The most reluctant was Syo

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2013-05-02 at 09:45. Reason: No spoilers
Old 2013-05-02, 05:28   Link #131
Bern-san

It's always funny when someone imitates Wakamoto. And Cecil wanted Masato to confess to Haruka but cockblocked Otoya?

I wouldn't mind if Haruka did end up with Otoya, he's really adorable but I guess they'll keep this sort of harem route.

Another good and very enjoyable episode

This is from the results of the character poll of Otome Game Awards by DGS:
1. Kurusu Syo (Uta no Prince-sama♪ Debut)
2. Ichinose Tokiya (Uta no Prince-sama♪ Debut)
5. Mikaze Ai (Uta no Prince-sama♪ Debut) (he also ranked 2nd in the favorite sub-character poll you want to date)
8. Ittoki Otoya (Uta no Prince-sama♪ Debut)

The All Star game was released recently so the next time there's a poll the results may change.
Old 2013-05-02, 08:19   Link #132
Konja7

I very much enjoyed the chapter.

Otoya is my favorite character. I wish Otoya and Haruka end up together, but it is probable that she did not choose to end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
It's always funny when someone imitates Wakamoto. And Cecil wanted Masato to confess to Haruka but cockblocked Otoya?

I wouldn't mind if Haruka did end up with Otoya, he's really adorable but I guess they'll keep this sort of harem route.

Another good and very enjoyable episode

This is from the results of the character poll of Otome Game Awards by DGS:
1. Kurusu Syo (Uta no Prince-sama♪ Debut)
2. Ichinose Tokiya (Uta no Prince-sama♪ Debut)
5. Mikaze Ai (Uta no Prince-sama♪ Debut) (he also ranked 2nd in the favorite sub-character poll you want to date)
8. Ittoki Otoya (Uta no Prince-sama♪ Debut)

The All Star game was released recently so the next time there's a poll the results may change.
Also, I think this poll is for those who played the otome game, perhaps the opinion among those who see the anime is different.

Last edited by Konja7; 2013-05-02 at 08:42.
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 09:46   Link #133
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Remember, no game spoilers in the anime thread, even if theyre under tags. Use (or make if one doesnt exist) the Game thread for game discussion.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 10:09   Link #134
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Now that I"m done with season one, I think my favorite prince is Natsuki. There's just something that's really endearing with him and I have a thing for glasses Plus, him constantly trolling Syo in some way is funny.

I actually like all of them....but I can't warm up to Ichinose quite yet.
Old 2013-05-02, 14:05   Link #135
ookamigirl

Otoya was pretty impressive with his solo on the guitar.
Looks like this episode is all about him.
Variety show with Otoya and Cecil was fun ^^
Bazaar fun with the haunted house were pretty nice.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 13:59   Link #136
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Soooooooooooo I've started season two and I just have a couple of questions:

Spoiler:
Old 2013-05-06, 14:27   Link #137
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Really?!

I like Natsuki the best so far; why is a classical music genius so interested into becoming a pop star I'll never know. And his constant trolling of Syo cracks me up.

I rofling HARD at episode 9:
Spoiler:

I haven't hit season two yet but I already like Cat Boy just for the fact that he's not taking anyone's crap.
Oh I can't wait until Natsuki's episode this season. His split-personality is comedy gold.

And to your above questions, he's a boy, and I think she knows.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 14:33   Link #138
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I actually like all of them....but I can't warm up to Ichinose quite yet.
I couldn't warm up to Tokiya until I listened to some drama CDs and read some "interviews" and such. Turns out he actually 1) has a personality, 2) has a sense of humor (and he's not above trolling Otoya and Haruka, in his own way) and 3) his relationship with Otoya is all sorts of delicious and funny (Otoya is not above trolling him either, though whether he does it deliberately or not...), 3) he's actually hilarious when they're not trying to make him all ~cool~ and ~romantic~. And 4) he absolutely sucks at drawing, but he's very earnest about his "art". XD

The cherry on the top was the Music Princess Magical Ichiko drama CD, which is basically "let's take Ichinose Tokiya and torture him and it will be hilarious." (I still say that CD was the best thing they ever made for this franchise. It's also a good demonstration why Miyano is best at comedic roles.)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-05-06 at 15:04.
Old 2013-05-06, 17:19   Link #139
ginger02

Hijirikawa is the one I have trouble warming up to, but that may be due to his personality. I didn't like Ren either very much the 1st season, but liking him a lot now.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 17:22   Link #140
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I couldn't warm up to Tokiya until I listened to some drama CDs and read some "interviews" and such. Turns out he actually 1) has a personality, 2) has a sense of humor (and he's not above trolling Otoya and Haruka, in his own way) and 3) his relationship with Otoya is all sorts of delicious and funny (Otoya is not above trolling him either, though whether he does it deliberately or not...), 3) he's actually hilarious when they're not trying to make him all ~cool~ and ~romantic~. And 4) he absolutely sucks at drawing, but he's very earnest about his "art". XD
Otoya's so damn sweet...I know the show is probably going to wind up pairing off Haruka and Ichinose but I wouldn't object if she wound up with Ittoki.

Haruka needs some female friends to talk to since Tomo isn't there anymore. Maybe some cute idol girls can befriend her; most pop composers make other hits for other artists too.

That way the guys get potential love interests too but then I'm just fangirling

Quote:
The cherry on the top was the Music Princess Magical Ichiko drama CD, which is basically "let's take Ichinose Tokiya and torture him and it will be hilarious." (I still say that CD was the best thing they ever made for this franchise. It's also a good demonstration why Miyano is best at comedic roles.)

That's why I"m surprised Miyano's involved with this. But then again, so are Sawabe and Suzumara (I don't know too much about Japanese VAs) and they're involved with music.

I'm still amazed that the same guy who's Cecil is the same guy who was in Basilisk and Hakuoki....don't even sound like the same dude.

Tags
reverse harem, shoujo