AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Old 2008-04-23, 16:32   Link #641
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
If the manga series is short (I haven't looked into this so don't stab me ) then I hope it is long enough so that it won't be an anime original end. Usually those are what ruins a series, but we will see
Im praying that we dont get an anime original end. You are right a lot of times thats what kills a series for me it could be great up till the end then its like nothing else mattered because all you can think about is how bad the end was.

I guess i should go watch episode 3 work has been cutting into my anime time
Old 2008-04-23, 16:51   Link #642
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
If the manga series is short (I haven't looked into this so don't stab me ) then I hope it is long enough so that it won't be an anime original end. Usually those are what ruins a series, but we will see
Manga is 8 vols ongoing. As I stated earlier Im wondering if theyre splitting the 2 seasons in hopes the manga will end (there have been rumors it might soon, but only rumors)
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 18:04   Link #643
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Manga is 8 vols ongoing. As I stated earlier Im wondering if theyre splitting the 2 seasons in hopes the manga will end (there have been rumors it might soon, but only rumors)
Well; 8-12 vol. is a pretty common length for a Shoujo series. And I seriously hope the series doesn't drag out too much.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 18:07   Link #644
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
Well; 8-12 vol. is a pretty common length for a Shoujo series. And I seriously hope the series doesn't drag out too much.
Pretty common but not always the case, Hana-Kimi is 23, Furuba is...alot XD Ouran is 12+. But I agree, I hope it doesnt drag out either, I think it could all be summed up in about 10 vols with where its at now. Since I cant read Moon Phase does it saying about when the 2nd season will drop or just that the series is being split?
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 19:47   Link #645
Kaijin
かいじん

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Since I cant read Moon Phase does it saying about when the 2nd season will drop or just that the series is being split?
MoonPhase has the air date as: --/--
So who knows? Sorry I can't help more than that.
Old 2008-04-24, 05:14   Link #646
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Spoiler for The Ep:

Witting Ep 4..I Need To See What Gonna Happened
Old 2008-04-24, 06:15   Link #647
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
Spoiler for The Ep:

Witting Ep 4..I Need To See What Gonna Happened
Spoiler for vampire knight:

Nice episode
Eps~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 06:17   Link #648
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eps~ View Post

Nice episode
psst, don't think thats been said in anime yet, which is why many of us are keeping quiet
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 06:18   Link #649
Amalia

Send a message via MSN to Amalia
Fuhuhuhu.... I just started watching this anime and I have to tell that the anime is very good...Glad the creators didn't "kill" the manga. I agree for the second season though...The manga is still ongoing and this is why they are going to end it in a cliffhanger so we can watch the second season with "lust". Although I read in wiki that there are going to be 26 episodes. Probably they will continue it after the manga is fully released and ready....
Old 2008-04-24, 06:32   Link #650
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eps~ View Post
Spoiler for vampire knight:

Nice episode
Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-24, 06:48   Link #651
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Spoiler for eps3:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 08:33   Link #652
andromeda0201

Hmm about the end credits, a friend of mine was exclaiming why Kaname's name was listed after Zero and not the other way around (by the way shes a Kaname fan), so it started to make me think whether some people actually care how the listing works.
Apart from Yuuki which would definitely be listed on top, theres just a question whether Zero or Kaname comes first, do they sort it according to seiyuu popularity? or maybe since Miyano might be doing
Spoiler for future episodes:

or Zero is actually considered 1st male lead.

Yeah, I'm aware I'm asking too much in detail, but my friend was making too much of a fuss over it so...
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 08:33   Link #653
Westlo
Lets be reality

Episode 3 was alright though now hearing this first half will be 13 episodes I'm a bit bemused at the amount of original material in this episode. I guess they just really wanted to end it at the end of chapter 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
psst, don't think thats been said in anime yet, which is why many of us are keeping quiet
No Kaname said it in episode 3.

@ Inujun

They list by character not by Seiyuu so your spoiler character should be listed further down later on. Anyway Shinn Asuka was listed first in Gundam SEED Destiny I believe until he lost his top spot to Kira Yamato at some point when Kira took over as the main character. That's why i asked that question earlier, I was curious to see which was the main male character in Studio DEEN's eye. As for your female friend... you should ask her who the main male character of the first 15-20 chapters is... that's as far as I've read and it's obvious who it is to me.

Spoiler:

I'm still wondering why Macross Frontier lists Sheryl above Ranka.... though maybe the next few episodes will make it clear... also if they went by seiyuu popularity Miyamo would be listed above the two newcomers in Soul Eater who are playing the two leads. I actually don't know the order for Soul Eater but Miyamo's Death the Kidd should be #3 at highest.

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-04-24 at 08:50. Reason: above not about /slap
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 09:53   Link #654
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
lol aido is such a junk collector... reminds me of someone - me
Old 2008-04-24, 10:35   Link #655
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah. i laughed at the aidou scenes. the filler was alright, just shows that zero and kaname are both badasses. yeah, that scene wasn't done as well as i would have liked. not nearly as sexy or kinky as it was in the manga. but it got the point over decently.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 11:55   Link #656
Amalia

Send a message via MSN to Amalia
Sure Zero is alright but I certainly cheer for Kaname . I mean
Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-24, 11:58   Link #657
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Like Zero...But I Love Kaname-Senpai...I'm With Him
Old 2008-04-24, 13:09   Link #658
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun View Post
Hmm about the end credits, a friend of mine was exclaiming why Kaname's name was listed after Zero and not the other way around (by the way shes a Kaname fan), so it started to make me think whether some people actually care how the listing works....
I think the name-order goes according to a complex calculation involving the importance of the character, which other characters he/she is most closely related to in the story, and the prominence of the seiyuu. For Hollywood movies, sometimes the listing order is in the actor's contract. I'm not sure if that's true for anime. On the official site's characters page (English version here), they have Yuki at the top and Zero and Kaname next, on the same line. I'd say Miyano Mamoru (Zero) is the bigger star right now, although he's younger, but Kishio Daisuke is a star, too.

There has clearly been more development for Zero, and he has a closer relationship with the heroine. Kaname is like a powerful force always in the background. Just for the record, Kaname does more for me personally than Zero does, even though Zero's development is more front-and-center. Maybe I just want to go with the strongest person there, not sure. He's weird, but so stable and apparently kind.

In any case, I don't think the name-order is indicating anything about the final outcome or the progress of the relationships, but it might be.
Spoiler for speculation:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 14:57   Link #659
xris
Just call me Ojisan

New Vampire Knight forum now open.

Please post in the appropriate threads and leave this one for the more generic discussion
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 15:14   Link #660
Raserei Hojo
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Raserei Hojo Send a message via MSN to Raserei Hojo Send a message via Yahoo to Raserei Hojo
I'm so happy that Vampire Knight got its own subforum! Thank you, mods!
Raserei Hojo is offline   Reply With Quote