AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-27, 08:05   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Vampire Knight Guilty (2nd Season), Expectations and Speculation

This thread is to discuss your expectations on the new Vampire Knight Guilty TV series due for release on the 6th October 2008 and to speculate as to what story elements will be used.

Discussion threads (with poll) will be created when the new TV series airs so please use this thread to discuss your expectations of the second season of Vampire Knight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
In a report posted on ANN, they confirm that episode 13 will be the last episode of the first season. The second season is green-lit for an October return. In the interim, there will be a web radio show debuting July 7 called the Vampire Knight: Cross Academy Broadcasting Club featuring voice actors from the cast posing as their characters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyCupCakes View Post
HEADS UP FOR VK SEASON 2 TRAILER

It's up and running and you can view it at the official site
CLICK AWAY!

Let's just say I'm a very happy fangirl right now on what I saw.
The new opening/ending theme is good as always.
:]
Please use this thread to discuss your expectations on this second season. Please remember to stick to the thread guidelines about the spoilers: if you want to discuss the manga then please use the Vampire Knight Manga Discussion thread.

Spoiler Policy
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers will result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2008-08-27, 08:12   Link #2
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Woo first post

Can't wait for the 2nd series. It should generally be better than the first season since more or less all characters from the first season already have a proper background story, thus more time for action and a nice story arc.
Old 2008-08-27, 21:08   Link #3
ila-chan
ermmm...

I couldn't wait, despite the fact that I'm totally dissapointed with the animation and the sometimes 'off the track' dialogues. But I wondered how the story goes since they changed the way the story goes
Old 2008-08-28, 06:15   Link #4
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer

w00t cant wait for VKGuilty too! XD

i hope its better since when i saw the trailer w00t awesome!.. i hope the animation was somehow like that! and some major yuukiXzero too some yuukiXkaname too!
i cant wait to see it
Old 2008-08-28, 17:56   Link #5
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

I can't read japanese so, what are the names of the new OP and ED?
Old 2008-08-29, 10:48   Link #6
Inferno Phoenyx
Team No Feelings

I'm really pumped for the second season!
Old 2008-08-29, 14:38   Link #7
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I think Im gonna sticky this thread for the time being.

I still need to finish s1 but I dunno, the animation quality and the very Zero-centric first season, Im really hoping we get good development from the other characters in the anime, epsc Kaname-sama (you all know Im biased). Plus Im hoping the animation is better, since s1 disappointed. As long as S2 animates some "key" scenes Ill be happy.

Also just to reinterate the 1st post but No manga spoilers at all in this thread.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-08-29, 14:50   Link #8
LKK

I'll be happy if S2 has consistent animation. Am I expecting consistent animation in S2? Sadly, no. I expect more of the same inconsistency. But it would make me so very happy if my expectations prove wrong.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-08-29, 22:35   Link #9
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Hmm
Expectations:
Some fight scenes (Slayers VS Vampires?)
Major fight between Zero and Kaname
Romance taken up a level

I think Yuuki may...remember who she was when she lost her memories.
I duno but I think some of Kaname's friends might desert him due to a change of attitude?

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
Old 2008-08-30, 11:18   Link #10
Miraploy

I hope the story goes faster, and less attention is paid to emoboy zero. There's a real meat to the story, and hopefully we'll get to it efficiently.
Old 2008-09-01, 02:26   Link #11
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
The last ep in season 1 pretty much skipped a lot of things. Zero took Kaname's blood a lot sooner than he did in the manga (he took his blood after the ball with all the Vamp celebs, which is yet to happen in the anime). That's mainly the reason I'm thankful they decided to wait it out and make a second season instead of burning us with filler-esque material. I just hope they don't go way off track compared to the manga with this new season.
Old 2008-09-01, 11:17   Link #12
saku-san
L-sama's little sister
*Author

too lazy to read but
i hopr they put the like key points onto the anime thats all
Old 2008-09-01, 19:28   Link #13
Harimo Haria

Frankly, I hate how the last couple episodes of Vampire Knight Season 1 went, hopefully it gets better during season 2.
Old 2008-09-03, 01:28   Link #14
andrewsch5658
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harimo Haria View Post
Frankly, I hate how the last couple episodes of Vampire Knight Season 1 went, hopefully it gets better during season 2.
Same here, I also hate the last couple episodes of VK season 1, especially the quality and in season 1, I can hardly find any actions or fighting scene in season 1. Not like season 1 is a completely bad but some of the episodes qualitys,arts and scenes were not done properly in my opinion.

Hope season 2 will won't make the fans disappointed. Looking forward to a great show.
Old 2008-09-03, 03:10   Link #15
Kittycountess

Expectations: More interaction between Zero and Kaname and less between them and Yuuki, unless she grows the spine to take care of herself and not always be the damsel in distress. Also less flashbacks. I really don't care about their backgrounds and their rough childhoods. I'd rather see the present story move ahead.

The other thing the anime needs to do is that if it is showing something from the story it better follows up on it. The appearances of the Hunter Association president and the senior vampire guy in s1 were very random with no reference to them later. The second season must tell us why we were introduced to those characters or it would have been a total waste of our time.
Old 2008-09-03, 03:47   Link #16
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsch5658 View Post
Same here, I also hate the last couple episodes of VK season 1, especially the quality and in season 1, I can hardly find any actions or fighting scene in season 1. Not like season 1 is a completely bad but some of the episodes qualitys,arts and scenes were not done properly in my opinion.

Hope season 2 will won't make the fans disappointed. Looking forward to a great show.
You can't bash season one for there being no fighting. There hasn't really been that much fighting in the manga until recently. You should expect a lot more of that in season 2 now. Remember people, it's a Shoujo, and Shoujo's don't usually focus on fight scenes and the likes.
Old 2008-09-03, 15:44   Link #17
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Personally I'm more interested in the character development than the fighting scenes. And just as Freedan said, it's a shoujo so I don't really care if there are fightign scenes or not. Also, what could be the final battle, imo it can be really bad and I wouldn't care. All I want to see is what happens between Zero and Kaname... and Yuuki can rest in peace
Old 2008-09-04, 05:39   Link #18
MitsukiPearl

Send a message via MSN to MitsukiPearl Send a message via Yahoo to MitsukiPearl
YAY~ I can't wait! Is it just me or in the picture did Yuuki's hair get longer? o.O

Spoiler for i hope this is not a spoiler, i didn't read the Manga though. o.O:
Old 2008-09-04, 13:00   Link #19
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Fighting scenes? As expected from male viewers...

I am really excited about the second season, especially after the trailer:
Yuuki with long hair?
Kaname biting Yuuki?
Ichiru joining the academy?
Person with different eye color?
...Zero and Kaname getting closer? (LOL)
And yeah, romance is definitely (thankfully!) a level up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycountess View Post
Yuuki, unless she grows the spine to take care of herself and not always be the damsel in distress.
When was Yuuki a damsel? She wielded her sword in every attack.

Although the fact that almost all vampires like to suck her blood is kinda... ehh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycountess View Post
Also less flashbacks. I really don't care about their backgrounds and their rough childhoods. I'd rather see the present story move ahead.
Haha, I'm completely the opposite. Seeing them as kids is the ultimate cuteness. Also, you can never quite understand the present without knowing the past.
Old 2008-09-06, 17:23   Link #20
ani_d

Now I'm regretting that I read that manga, but good thing that I didn't finish it. It's best watching something in technicolor.