AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

Old 2008-04-22, 13:34   Link #621
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Maybe theyre waiting for the manga to end before completing the series, maybe thats why theyre breaking it up into two seasons. Though 26 epis usually covers 8 vols and thats where the manga is right now so......
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 14:22   Link #622
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
After watching 3 episodes, I've decided who the animators support in the ongoing Zero vs. Kaname fan wars. They clearly support Zero. He's consistently drawn better. Some of his scenes are outright stunning like at the end of episode 3. (That doesn't count as a spoiler, does it? ) Furthermore, he has fewer badly drawn appearances. Kaname, on the other hand, looks badly drawn nearly as often as he looks okay. At the moment, I can't remember a scene where his looks took my breath away like Zero's have a couple of times. I'm disappointed at how Kaname is being animated. I prefer Kaname's looks over Zero's in the manga. I don't mind Zero being well drawn in the anime. But that Kaname is drawn so poorly is upsetting.
I don't really think there is all that much difference in quality between the two. Its just that because Zero is a walking emo factory the animators have more room to flex their muscle with all the angsty faces and expressions he has all the time, while Kaname doesn't let much emotions show on his face, thus looking "the same" all the time.

As for episode 3 ..

Spoiler for ep3:
Old 2008-04-22, 15:19   Link #623
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I don't really think there is all that much difference in quality between the two. Its just that because Zero is a walking emo factory the animators have more room to flex their muscle with all the angsty faces and expressions he has all the time, while Kaname doesn't let much emotions show on his face, thus looking "the same" all the time.
I don't mind if Kaname doesn't let his emotions show on his face. It's okay if he keeps nearly the same expression all the time because he's supposed to be hiding his emotions. What bothers me is when his face is drawn poorly regardless of whether he's conveying an emotion or not. The first example that comes to mind is one I mentioned earlier. The sequence in the OP where Kaname extends his hand to Yuuki. His face is terribly drawn there. And every episode has several instances where Kaname's face is poorly drawn.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 17:21   Link #624
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Episode 3 sounds good, I'm afraid to look though. Code geass gets sub an hour later it is released. Fansubbers are taking their time on this one, maybe more quality.
Code Geass R2 has closed captions so they can translate that much faster compared to something like Vampire Knight.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 23:18   Link #625
nanafan
horo fan

2 seasons? sweet, i am liking this show a lot. hope it satisfies me.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 23:20   Link #626
dojikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindialai View Post
only 26 episode OMG even naruto without any plot get 100s of eps. VK has tons of plot and it get only 26 >.< there really is no anime god!
I'm fine with this. I'd prefer a tightly written story over a one that stretches the plot until it is paper thin.
dojikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 23:21   Link #627
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dojikyo View Post
I'm fine with this. I'd prefer a tightly written story over a one that stretches the plot until it is paper thin.
I can't agree more. If there's anything that I fear, it is adding filler after filler to fill in the gap. It's more painful to fill in episodes for the sake of it than a rather premature ending that calls for a sequel. I prefer the latter for sure.
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 01:15   Link #628
harmonious

If I was Zero, I would be doing some late night vampire hunting.
harmonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 03:17   Link #629
Westlo
Lets be reality

Just a quick q for curiosities sake... what's the order of the cast listing in the ed credits?
Old 2008-04-23, 04:06   Link #630
Mirakuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
According to Moonphase Notes last Thursday, one of the producers, Azuma Fukashi of TV Tokyo, said in a mobile-phone column that there will be two separate ~13-ep seasons.
While I'm glad to hear that there'll be more Vampire Knight coming later (hopefully that means they can follow the manga ending~), I'm sad to hear that they'll be 1-cour seasons rather than 2. I'm guessing that's why they
Spoiler for ep3 + estimated timeline:
Mirakuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 04:51   Link #631
Westlo
Lets be reality

If they want to end it at the point they really need so speed this adaption up and stop this 1:1 pace they are at, I realize they added a lot of original stuff in episode 3 but it still ended at the same point as chapter 3. They got 10 episodes for 17 chapters worth of material if they want to end it at that point.
Old 2008-04-23, 07:32   Link #632
andromeda0201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Just a quick q for curiosities sake... what's the order of the cast listing in the ed credits?
Yuuki - Yui Horie
Zero - Miyano Mamoru
Kaname - Daisuke Kishio
Ichijo - Chiba Susumu
Aidou - Jun Fukuyama
Cain - Junichi Suwabe
Senri - Hoshi Souchiro
Ruka - Junko Minagawa
Kaien - Gouda Hozumi
Rima - Eri Kitamura
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 09:46   Link #633
dxgarten

I suspect the writers might end the story at a cliffhanger in episode 13 so that viewers will be hungry for the second season when the time comes. That seems to be the trend these days (probably following US TV series' method of storytelling).
dxgarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 09:48   Link #634
Westlo
Lets be reality

Thanks for the answer Inujun.
Old 2008-04-23, 11:11   Link #635
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
New trace/wallpaper in progress
From this:

Yes, I'm crazy, and I think this song suits me perfectly (they call me crazy) I hear this song in shops, streets etc. it's stalking me

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Vibeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 11:20   Link #636
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibeke View Post
From this:

Yes, I'm crazy, and I think this song suits me perfectly (they call me crazy) I hear this song in shops, streets etc. it's stalking me
Good Work on your Trace So Far ...I'm Witting For The Finished One
..And About The Song My First Time Hearing it
Old 2008-04-23, 11:24   Link #637
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Well I'm really beginning to like this series for some reason. On one hand, it's very corny and kinda predictable, but on the other hand, I just want to keep watching. It's weird, but I guess it'll do. It seems as if all of the series with average first episode impressions are picking up.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 11:48   Link #638
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibeke View Post
From this:

Good trace i like it thanks for putting it up
Old 2008-04-23, 13:52   Link #639
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxgarten View Post
I suspect the writers might end the story at a cliffhanger in episode 13 so that viewers will be hungry for the second season when the time comes. That seems to be the trend these days (probably following US TV series' method of storytelling).
Im willing to bet thats what they do just to toy with us I have a decent idea to where it could end as well but who knows at this point. Im wondering how long we'll have to wait for the 2nd season to begin
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 16:29   Link #640
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
If the manga series is short (I haven't looked into this so don't stab me ) then I hope it is long enough so that it won't be an anime original end. Usually those are what ruins a series, but we will see

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote