AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2015-09-10, 09:38   Link #1
Maui

Survival / mystery anime?

I'm looking for an anime without too much silly humor, It's good if it takes itself serious.

Post apocalyptic setting where the world is destroyed and they are trying to survive.
Dark Feel to it.

Anime like btooom comes to mind.

I'm also interested in mystery like Rokka no Yuusha where they are trying to find out who the traitor is.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Maui81
Maui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 14:05   Link #2
BWTraveller
Born to ship

First thing that comes to mind is Danganronpa. A young boy is admitted into a genius high school, where each student admitted has demonstrated surprising excellence in a field; he was the "genius luck" student admitted by lottery. He barely steps in before passing out and waking up to find the entire school sealed tighter than a high-security prison, with no way out. He and the others are then informed that the only way out is to kill a fellow student without getting caught: any murder is investigated and voted upon by the whole student body, and the killer goes free if he/she isn't found by majority vote, while all the other students are executed. And naturally any murderer who's caught is executed for his/her crimes. And this is only the tip of the iceberg on the stuff going on here, not to mention the ways this fits with your requests.

Also, watch Higurashi. It's actually a long series of mysteries in a Groundhog's-Day-like loop that someone's repeating endlessly trying to find a path that doesn't lead to anyone they know dying. Only one part of the case is learning who the murderer is, and it's a small part since several of the arcs are actually told from its murderer's POV. The rest is figuring out the reasons behind the murders, the strange events that surround them, and what could have been done to stop each loop's carnage. It may not sound so close to what you want, but I suspect that if you go for both seasons you'll find it fits better than you'd suspect.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 15:28   Link #3
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I highly recommend Shin Sekai Yori. It's a dark post apocalyptic setting with lots of mystery and survival plotlines.

I also recommend Casshern Sins.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-11, 05:29   Link #4
Tenzen12

King of Thorns
Blue Gender

Second to Cashern
Old 2015-09-11, 10:56   Link #5
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I highly recommend Shin Sekai Yori. It's a dark post apocalyptic setting with lots of mystery and survival plotlines.

I also recommend Casshern Sins.
i can second Shin Sekai Yori, it takes a bit of time for them to answer the questions but it well worth it. the hints they give along they way make you want to see the truth even more.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-11, 14:52   Link #6
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Third Shinseki Yori and I knooooow you said you don't want silly humor but check out Gakkou Gurashi, totally worth it.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-11, 15:39   Link #7
Wing Zero
Sleepy Head zzzz.....

Yes Cashern would be right up your streak, perhaps give Kami Sama no Inai Nichiyoubi a try?
Wing Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-11, 18:55   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi
The Third
Noein - travels between our universe and a parallel dystopic one
Ergo Proxy
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-12, 18:37   Link #9
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Ditto on Casshern and Shin Sekai Yori.

For the mystery tip, I'd def give Another a spin.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 05:11   Link #10
AnimeFangirl

Jyu-Oh-Sei. It's about twins who are kidnapped and exiled to a violent planet where literally everything is out to kill/eat you, not necessarily in that order. Can they survive? And will they ever find out who did this to them and why?
Old 2015-09-15, 13:22   Link #11
Maui

Thanks for the recommendations all!
I will check them all out,

I actually watched Shinseki Yori and Casshern Sins a whie back. They are both pretty great but it was something about them that made me start watching other stuff instead. I will try to re watch them.

Gakkou Gurashi, Many say this is good so it might be something to it. Just looking at the cover picture made me doubt I will like it but I will give it a shot
Maui is offline   Reply With Quote