AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2022-08-04, 04:54   Link #35081
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Nope, I meant can't, Castoria is better if you can 3-turn something. If you cannot, Tamamo is the overall better one. - Especially when Castoria's CDs hit.
Oh, you meant "once you can't 3-turn something" with respect to the stage you're facing, while I'm trying to read it as "once you (have a roster that) can 3-turn stuff (in your grind)".
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-04, 11:31   Link #35082
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
If I ever get that ticket, I'll go with Waver. He seems too good to just pass up. Waifus will wait.
Your main priority now should be to get some friends that can lend you their busted units. I can give you my number if you are interested, I still have a few vacant spots to fill.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-04, 13:25   Link #35083
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
I haven't found the SSR ticket anywhere, but it looks like it might unlock after I complete the first (second) singularity based on what online guides say. I've only completed Fuyuki just now.

There's a Melty Blood Type Lumina event starting tomorrow where you can try to get Saber, I'm only missing one Quartz for the 11x summon thing. I'd like to get at least one Saberface, I don't feel like I'm playing a Fate game if there's no Saberface.
If you can get a saber (doubt it, rates will probably be 2% or less for Arturia), it would be a nice event to level her up yeah. But, aside from that, the event is only there to play a trailer for Melty Blood

Waver is a good choice. He's been, predictably, my most used servant so far. I think he's already overtaken Hercules now.
Old 2022-08-04, 14:20   Link #35084
Kakurin
大佐

Urgh, it's been quite long since I've had such a struggle trying to get a servant I want. Up to 24x11 now in trying and failing to get Arc. At this point I might go 330. At least that's an option now.
Old 2022-08-04, 16:20   Link #35085
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Waver is a good choice. He's been, predictably, my most used servant so far. I think he's already overtaken Hercules now.
I find him a bit of jack of all trades, master of none, as far as S-tier supports go. Which does make him ideal for someone starting out, I guess.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-04, 17:48   Link #35086
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
Your main priority now should be to get some friends that can lend you their busted units. I can give you my number if you are interested, I still have a few vacant spots to fill.
Already found three guys to follow with top tier servants in every category. One of them has a level 120 Ozymandias with NP5 that makes any fight a joke. But thanks for offering.
Old 2022-08-05, 04:27   Link #35087
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Tamamo is indeed still rather relevant, even if she got dethroned as Arts-Queen. But yeah, I wonder why no one suggested her before too, given the lack of healers and her having TWO heals and a really unique NP.
That being said, Tamamo is also mostly a waifu roll... Quite literally as she wants to be a wife
I doubt Saber Artoria is there for the free SSR though. Also Once you can't three turn something Tamamo is so much better...

Waver isn't even overall the best, that's be Merlin.
I wouldn't say Merlin is particularly better then Waver. If we talk about buster team, sure, but Waver is doing great job in every team comp.
Old 2022-08-05, 04:53   Link #35088
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Welp, tried to get MHX but only got Zenobia in 270 quartz. Guess I used up all my luck with Arc and Shiki. I really shouldn't have rolled but I kinda want MHX. Let's hope this doesn't bite me back. There's still a ton of strengthenings and interludes I haven't done plus Traum and the Ooku and Tunguska Main Interludes too so I can recover. If I have time to get through all of them that is.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-05, 10:03   Link #35089
grecefar

man... F this event, too much for me, and there isn't a 4* servant to kept me motivated.

only downside is that I won't get the kama boss for my servant album.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-05, 13:30   Link #35090
Homura7

Quote:
Already found three guys to follow with top tier servants in every category. One of them has a level 120 Ozymandias with NP5 that makes any fight a joke. But thanks for offering.
068,074,069, you're welcome. You'll breeze through pretty much the entirety of Part 1. Things will get progressively more complicated, though.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-05, 15:47   Link #35091
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I find him a bit of jack of all trades, master of none, as far as S-tier supports go. Which does make him ideal for someone starting out, I guess.
I find him really versatile. I can put him in almost any party and he helps me out either by keeping others alive long enough or charging NP faster. There's a reason Fate/Grand Carnival made him the star of the overworked servants skit

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
man... F this event, too much for me, and there isn't a 4* servant to kept me motivated.

only downside is that I won't get the kama boss for my servant album.
I'm with you there! I really hate these grindy events. :-/
Old 2022-08-05, 17:02   Link #35092
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I tried pulling for Altria using 60 Quartz I had saved up since I began the game, and of course that didn't go well. I did get Lancer Cu which I put in my party but I could have done without getting him four fucking times. Got Rider Medusa twice too. I should check what the drop rates are, I bet it's ridiculously high for these two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
068,074,069, you're welcome. You'll breeze through pretty much the entirety of Part 1. Things will get progressively more complicated, though.
Thanks!
Old 2022-08-05, 19:40   Link #35093
MartianMage

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Been very busy this Anniv farming embers and QP to the point I have the new MC maxed 2 days in.

edit: just finished leveling Arc
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Now I just need more gold fous.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!

Last edited by MartianMage; 2022-08-05 at 22:48.
MartianMage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-06, 03:29   Link #35094
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
I tried pulling for Altria using 60 Quartz I had saved up since I began the game, and of course that didn't go well. I did get Lancer Cu which I put in my party but I could have done without getting him four fucking times. Got Rider Medusa twice too. I should check what the drop rates are, I bet it's ridiculously high for these two.

Thanks!
Welcome to gacha hell. Hope your willpower stay strong. Dont hesitate asking us which waifu you should save for.

Thats why I suggest you to save up till next year anniversary where they implement the pity mechanics. Indeed, FGO is full of horror stories where people saved up to 1.5k quartz and got nothing for show. At least with the pity, you will need "only" 600.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-06, 03:30   Link #35095
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
3* have a 1.142% drop rate each.

And don't knock NP levels. They're important too.
Old 2022-08-06, 04:42   Link #35096
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
If you click on "Summon Info" on the bottom left you can see the rates. Arturia had a 0.8% drop rate for this banner. How generous of them /s
Old 2022-08-06, 07:27   Link #35097
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So what should be my strategy going forward? Stick to the friends gacha and save up Quartz until there's a pity system?

Siegfried is apparently shittier than I thought. Would it be worth it to start over and reroll until I pull Herc or Emiya, who are apparently the best starter servants you can ask for? I'm still on Orleans. If I skip all the cutscenes, I should catch up fast.
Old 2022-08-06, 07:38   Link #35098
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
If you click on "Summon Info" on the bottom left you can see the rates. Arturia had a 0.8% drop rate for this banner. How generous of them /s
I mean, 80% of the entire SSR pool is actually pretty damned generous for a pick-up rate. It's just that it has the whole "1% SSR rate" going for it to make it overall still a crap-shoot.

Quote:
So what should be my strategy going forward? Stick to the friends gacha and save up Quartz until there's a pity system?

Siegfried is apparently shittier than I thought. Would it be worth it to start over and reroll until I pull Herc or Emiya, who are apparently the best starter servants you can ask for? I'm still on Orleans. If I skip all the cutscenes, I should catch up fast.
Save for units you really want, don't wait for the pity system. But also don't expect miracles if you have less than 100 rolls. It can happen, but isn't a great chance.

And yeah, if you haven't gotten any other 4-stars or 5-stars (characters), I'd say you're better off rerolling for either Herc/Emiya or until you get that Arturia you want from the rate-up banner. The latter pending your patience and however long rerolling takes nowadays.

If you do reroll though and definitely won't go back to this account, please unfriend everyone first so as to not clog up friend slots with a dead account.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-06, 10:03   Link #35099
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I rerolled five times and never got Herc or Emiya, so fuck it, I'm continuing with that account.

What about the Story gacha? Should I ever try that or is it always better to wait for banners?

And it sucks you can't play the game on different devices. My tablet is faster so I'd like to switch to it sometimes, but it's a pain.
Old 2022-08-06, 10:12   Link #35100
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I rerolled five times and never got Herc or Emiya, so fuck it, I'm continuing with that account.

What about the Story gacha? Should I ever try that or is it always better to wait for banners?
Banners are better. The odds of getting a 4 or 5 stars are the same, but with a banner you're more likely to get one you want. (There are bad 4 or 5 stars.)

Quote:
And it sucks you can't play the game on different devices. My tablet is faster so I'd like to switch to it sometimes, but it's a pain.
Agreed.

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon