AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-04-16, 21:18   Link #381
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Wow we need to breathe life into this thread. The Stanley Cup playoffs start today and MTL/TB is already in overtime.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 23:52   Link #382
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Crazy hockey game! The Habs prevailed 5-4 in a game that perhaps should have never gone into overtime considering how the Lightning were outshot by a big margin.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 05:48   Link #383
DarkJak2050

Game 1 of the Habs @ Lightning I found the most entertaining of the first day. Literally a see-saw match. I wonder how Game 2 will look.

Now then...

Of all the 1st round matchups, it's said the Sharks Vs. Kings is the 1st round series to watch. Saying that all 7 games are going to be played. But I say otherwise...

With how the Sharks did in their last 13 regular season games, where they gave up crucial points to non-playoff teams and practically handed Anaheim the Pacific Division on a Silver Platter in their last meeting, I just don't know how the Sharks are going to do.

They said this could be the Sharks year...

But considering their tendencies of performing inconsistenly, especially when it really matters (Playoffs); why should I believe that?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 21:30   Link #384
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Habs vs. Lightning... It's a sweep! Although the Habs led 3-1 in the 4th Game, the Bolts came back to tie the game. Then Max Pacioretty made the sweep a reality when he sent the Bell Centre into pandemonium with 42 seconds left to go in the 3rd.

Regarding other series catching my eye.

The Blackhawks have been disappointing in Games 1 and 2, but they are back in the series with a win over St-Louis. Look forward for the next encounter in the Madhouse on Madison.

Pittsburgh vs. Columbus... it's crazy when you believe that every time a team leads 3-1, they end up losing the match. Still, Pittsburgh have the upper hand until further notice.

NY Rangers vs. Philadelphia... the Flyers bounced back in Game 2, but looks like the Rangers will take Game 3 away as I type this. Still, it could go up to 6 games.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2014-04-22 at 22:30.
Old 2014-04-22, 21:35   Link #385
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Geez the Wings NEED to score...
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-22, 21:40   Link #386
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Geez the Wings NEED to score...
What the hell are the Wings doing? I expected a lot more with the many veterans and hot youngsters (Nyquist, Tatar, etc.) on their team.
Old 2014-04-22, 21:42   Link #387
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm very pleased with the Habs victory over Tampa. They outplayed Tampa almost the entire series with all 4 lines producing. Either one of Boston or Detroit should make for an interesting 2nd round series.

Pittsburgh/Columbus and Rangers/Philly both look like good back-and-forth series to me. It would be nice to see at least one of them go 7, since Game 7s are almost always exciting.
Old 2014-04-22, 23:45   Link #388
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
What the hell are the Wings doing? I expected a lot more with the many veterans and hot youngsters (Nyquist, Tatar, etc.) on their team.
I guess those injuries to their vets are taking their toll now on their roster. Has there been a game where the Red Wings are fully healthy at all this season?

And congratulations to the Habs on their Series sweep of the Lightning.

Last time they played against each other was in 2004 and the Lightning won that en route to their first Stanley Cup.

Vengance is sweet. Isn't it, Montreal?
Old 2014-04-23, 10:04   Link #389
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
I guess those injuries to their vets are taking their toll now on their roster. Has there been a game where the Red Wings are fully healthy at all this season?

And congratulations to the Habs on their Series sweep of the Lightning.

Last time they played against each other was in 2004 and the Lightning won that en route to their first Stanley Cup.

Vengance is sweet. Isn't it, Montreal?
Yep! It is very sweet considering how that old 2004 series was a nightmare.

BTW, it looks like the Sharks will sweep away the Kings almost that easily by the end of the week.
Old 2014-04-23, 16:06   Link #390
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Yep! It is very sweet considering how that old 2004 series was a nightmare.

BTW, it looks like the Sharks will sweep away the Kings almost that easily by the end of the week.
I know what it's like to get vengance, especially if it's a Sweep.

Canucks vs Sharks

2011 WCF: Canucks won, 4-1

Next Playoff meeting, 2013 WCQF: Sharks Swept the Canucks (First Playoff Series Sweep for the Sharks).

Anyway...

I wouldn't be all that sure about the Sharks sweeping the Kings. What I saw in Game 3 was what I expected right at the start of Game 1.

I'm not expecting a Sweep, which would be nice. But I did expect the Sharks to atleast get one in Staples Center, and they got it.

What the Kings did in Game 3, though, showed signs that they solved the major issues they got from Games 1 and 2. And they're starting to play that LA Kings Hockey; getting the puck deep and forechecking.

In Game 3, there were little to no odd man rushes for the Sharks, better coverage of the neutral zone, laying out the hits. And of course; the Defensemen helping Jonathan Quick out.

Despite the lost, those are signs that the Kings are getting things back together, and it's entirely up to the Sharks on how they'll respond to it.

With what the Kings did in Game 3 and the lost of it, that serves as a huge sense of urgancy for the Kings going into Game 4.

Game 4's going to be the toughest so far for the Sharks.

And this is coming from a Sharks fan.

Update:

Sharks Vs. Kings Game 4: 6-3, Kings.

I hate always being right...

Even though I'm not all that surprised about this, I'm aggravated on what mainly cost the Sharks the game is the same old problem they have for a long while; Piss-Poor Puck Handling/Managment. That's what cost them in last years Playoffs.

Halfway through the 2nd period I saw the Sharks begin to mishandle/mismanage the puck. And when they turned that Puck over in that last minute of the 2nd Period, I knew the game was over right there.

Preventable, yet they did it.

And don't even bring up how the Officiating went. Officiating's the thing I don't look at. Mainly because I go by this:

"Do not trust officials and keep watching."

I expected their puck handling and managment to improve from last year, but it seems that it didn't. I didn't expect that to cost them the game.

Now, it's imperative for the Sharks to end it at the Shark Tank this Saturday.

Update 2

Game 5: 3-0, Kings.

Sharks...

"You look like you have a 5 pound fart in your head."
- Herb Brooks

Thoughts on the Sharks overall performance in that game. And then some...

Once again; Piss-Poor Puck handling/management is what mainly cost them. If they keep this up, it's going to cost them the series, just like what happened last year.

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2014-04-27 at 01:06.
Old 2014-04-30, 23:50   Link #391
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Round 1 is now officially over. Let's sum everything up.

CLB vs. PIT... That was a very exciting series from start from finish, but the Penguins were just too experienced to not finish the job.

DET vs. BOS... Disappointing from the Red Wings considering the head-to-head record during the season. The special teams and the better goalie made the difference.

MTL vs. TB... Very happy for the Habs when they swept Tampa Bay. The series showed the importance of having a goalie who can make key saves regardless of how good your attacking force is.

PHI vs. NYR... A very good see-saw series as well. In the end, the Rangers had more players stepping up to the plate than the Flyers had throughout the series.

MIN vs. COL... Very surprised by the display by the Wild, especially in Game 7 where they came from behind 4 times to force OT and win it.

DAL vs. ANA... hardly fought series, but the Ducks ended up showing why they stood on top of the NHL for a while. Getzlaf... respect.

CHI vs. STL... I thought the worst would happen for the Blackhawks after 2 games, but then we saw how valuable all those years of playoff experience paid off for Chicago.

LA vs. SJ... What can I say? No words really. There was no way I would have put money on that.
Old 2014-05-01, 05:28   Link #392
DarkJak2050

I knew if they were going to go out, it would be by messing themselves up. I even mentioned thier tendencies of performing inconsistantly, especially when it really mattered (Playoffs) in one of my last few posts.

But I did not expect them to fuck themsleves up as big as they did.

The only good the Sharks did in that series, is promoting themselves from "Playoff Chokers" to "Playoff Fuck Ups."

That's what they are to me now...
Old 2014-05-01, 08:26   Link #393
Triple_R
*Author

I think it's time for the Sharks to trade one of Thornton or Marleau or both. They have been the Sharks core guys for a long time now, and they have continually failed to lead them to playoff success, in spite of the Sharks being one of the best teams in the league for... what, a decade now?

And Sharks management needs to send a clear message to its players that this sort of playoff disaster will no longer be tolerated. A big head (or two) rolling would go a long way to sending that message.
Old 2014-05-01, 14:45   Link #394
DarkJak2050

All I know is that they've just entered a long-ass rebuild.

Like what Edmonton is in right now...
Old 2014-05-02, 00:22   Link #395
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Looks like we Habs love starting series in overtime and witness heart-stopping moments. I'm glad PK Subban and Carey Price both showed some stuff of legend out there against Boston tonight. Still, the boys will have to concede less shots and less scoring opportunities if we want to get through.
Old 2014-05-02, 08:06   Link #396
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Looks like we Habs love starting series in overtime and witness heart-stopping moments. I'm glad PK Subban and Carey Price both showed some stuff of legend out there against Boston tonight. Still, the boys will have to concede less shots and less scoring opportunities if we want to get through.
Our top line (DD-Patches-Vanek) needs to be better. If they get better, that'll lift the rest of the team up. Last night, the only Habs line that seemed to be able to outplay the Bruins was the Eller-Gionta-Bourque line. We were dominated in pretty much all the other line match-ups, and it showed on the shotclock.

But yeah, Subban and Price were outstanding last night, and they're the main reasons we won (along with the Eller line). But the rest of the team does need to be better if the Habs are going to win this series.
Old 2014-05-02, 12:11   Link #397
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Seriously, read the folllowing.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/05/...s-game-winner/

Basically, WANKERS!

They also did that after Joel Ward scored a series-clincher against the Bruins for Washington a couple of years ago, so there's history with that pathetic bunch. Also considering how their "fans" behaved after the winning goal in the building yesterday, I believe the right punishment for that should be forcing the Bruins to host a playoff match WITHOUT fans in the building like Italian soccer authorities forced AC Milan to play in an empty stadium after racist chants were heard in the stands back in October.

Update (May 3)

Losing that game when the Bruins were grabbed by the balls was just plain f***in' unacceptable. Should have gotten out of there with 2 wins and shift the whole pressure on them instead of just screwing around like that.
Old 2014-05-08, 21:25   Link #398
DarkJak2050

Habs sure love to have long Hockey games in the Playoffs, huh?

Either way, Rask or Price is going to get a Shutout when Game 4 is over...

Update:

Rask it is. Bruins tied the series at 2 and took back Home Ice.

How will things turn out in TD Garden for Game 5?
Old 2014-05-08, 21:45   Link #399
Triple_R
*Author

It's now a Best 2 out of 3, with 2 of the games in Boston.

I honestly don't like my team's chances. I don't think it's impossible for them to win the series, but it's going to be very hard. Vanek needs to shoot the puck a bit more, and Patches needs to get out of his slump.

Excellent series, in any event. One of the most intense and good-flowing hockey series I've seen.
Old 2014-05-08, 23:07   Link #400
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

What can I say? I'm just damn gutted that we didn't win that damn game to put those bastards against the wall. I just hate losing against that team, especially with the racist cunts making their fandom.

Tags
2010, hockey, nhl, playoffs, stanley cup