AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2004-08-08, 23:00   Link #41
gangsta905_04
AnimeSuki's #1 criminal

Send a message via MSN to gangsta905_04
hey u kno the trailer??...I DONT UNDERSTAND A WORD..its sooooo slow to load...*sigh....dammit...i wish i cood speak and understand japanese..and also write in jap....the trailer seems like it has no relation to the movie
gangsta905_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 00:35   Link #42
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yondaime
Ed and Winry are the same age I believe but his b-day is before hers i believe and Al is like 1 1/2-2 years younger Right now in the anime at least Ed is 16, Winry is 15/16, and Al is 14 Ed was 15 in the anime but remember he had a birthday when Elysia-chan had hers

- Yondaime
Ed may be the oldest of the group; but he's still the shortest.
Unless he has some growth spurt in the movie.
Scrumhalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 01:19   Link #43
Lunas
Enraged elf lover

Send a message via ICQ to Lunas Send a message via AIM to Lunas Send a message via MSN to Lunas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yondaime
Ed and Winry are the same age I believe but his b-day is before hers i believe and Al is like 1 1/2-2 years younger Right now in the anime at least Ed is 16, Winry is 15/16, and Al is 14 Ed was 15 in the anime but remember he had a birthday when Elysia-chan had hers

- Yondaime
Correction Ed is at least 18 al is 17 winly is 19-17 as it never states weather or not she is younger or older than ed. You can verify this by checking how old they were when trisha elric died and adding 6. Pinoko (winly's grandma) told Honenheim it has been 6 years since trisha died.

The movie takes place 2 years after the anime ends so Ed can be as old as 21 or as young as 20 and al 20 or 19.
Lunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 01:45   Link #44
Teh Dave
z0mg

I don't see where you're getting your ages from.

Ed: 16 (anime), 15(manga)
Al: 14/16
Winry: 15/16

The show tells you at VARIOUS points what age Ed and Al are (Winry says in the manga that she and Ed are the same age).

The show CLEARLY states that when Trisha dies, Ed is 10 and Al is 9. And when i say clearly, I mean IT'S PRINTED ON THE SCREEN. I'll leave you to work out what 10 + 6 is.
Teh Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 03:00   Link #45
Lunas
Enraged elf lover

Send a message via ICQ to Lunas Send a message via AIM to Lunas Send a message via MSN to Lunas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Dave
I don't see where you're getting your ages from.

Ed: 16 (anime), 15(manga)
Al: 14/16
Winry: 15/16

The show tells you at VARIOUS points what age Ed and Al are (Winry says in the manga that she and Ed are the same age).

The show CLEARLY states that when Trisha dies, Ed is 10 and Al is 9. And when i say clearly, I mean IT'S PRINTED ON THE SCREEN. I'll leave you to work out what 10 + 6 is.
then i guess i remember the episode that she dies in wrong i thought it said they were 12 and 11 i guess that is when ed and al tried the transmutation or state alchemnist
Lunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 04:40   Link #46
Teh Dave
z0mg

Actually, they were 11 and 10 when they attempted to revive their mother. Ed turns 12 when Elysia is born, then gains his State Alchemist qualification.
Teh Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 12:19   Link #47
gaheris

Beware potential spoilers

A picture of a taller Ed, WOW

http://www.shochiku.co.jp/hagaren/top.html
gaheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 19:24   Link #48
Whisky

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaheris
Beware potential spoilers

A picture of a taller Ed, WOW

Uhm.... look at the previous page...
Whisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-13, 12:26   Link #49
full_metal_31
*anime lova*

Send a message via MSN to full_metal_31
isn't ed only one year older then al?? and i thought winry was the same age as ed or al?? i'm confused
full_metal_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 12:01   Link #50
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Ed looks all matured and grown up....i'm disapointed. No more little shorty with a girly voice beating the crap out of people who calls him shrimp.

Or I could be wrong and he just looks extraordinary matured/old in that picture.

Ah, and by the way.
Edward is 15 to begin with in the anime (not counting the flash packs when he was 11-12). He is almost to 16. He is born late in the year (december) so he is still 15 while its already 6 years since Trisha died.

Manga Edward is 15 almost to 16 (according to winry).

Winry is same age as Edward in both manga and anime.

Al is 1 year younger than Ed, he is 14 almost to 15.

Since it's two years after the television series. Ed would be 17......which means he would be 17 (or older) if they make a season 2. That is very disapointing....so we no longer have shrimp Ed as our main protagonist if they make a season 2...instead we have big Ed. Or maybe the movie is just an alternate universe....
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 15:12   Link #51
Yondaime
4th Hokage 四代目火影

umm no lol Ed would be 18 in the movie he HAD his 16th birthday in the anime after coming back injured from the 5th laboratory. It was also the same day as Elysia chan's birthday Remember Winry made a cake for Ed and Ed got some presents and Winry asked Maes what Maes was gunna get Ed and Maes remarked with the cheesy "Winry your smile is gift enought o Ed" or something like that haha So Ed is 16 in the anime currently and add 2 years equals... wait for it... *calculates*.... thats right he would be 18 in the movie

- Yondaime

- Umineko no naku koro ni
Yondaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 00:06   Link #52
kakash1

omg omg omg. just watched the trailer!! wow and i can say with full confidence. it wasted 33 seconds of my life. the only surprise it gave me was someone (either eds or als) new manly voice. other than that. 33 seconds of my life. wasted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky
I wonder if he has grown taller
^^ WHO ARE YOU CALLING A SMALL GRAIN OF RICE THAT CANT BE SEEN WITH A MICROSCOPE MAGNIFIED BY 3000000!!?!?!

hahaha ed is so funny :P
kakash1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 08:22   Link #53
Avarice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakash1
omg omg omg. just watched the trailer!! wow and i can say with full confidence. it wasted 33 seconds of my life. the only surprise it gave me was someone (either eds or als) new manly voice. other than that. 33 seconds of my life. wasted!

Umm, I don't think the voice in the trailer (the man speaking) is either Ed or Al because if you listen carefully, the voice says "Ed and Al" which means it's just one of those movie trailer people that explain stuff. Basically, the voice is just a commentator-like person.
Avarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 10:53   Link #54
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Well, it's not really a trailer. The correct term for the clip would be a teaser, since it doesn't give us that much info on the movie anyway.
I guess the real trailer will be released in a couple of months (compare with the Naruto movie-promo that came out in Spring, and the actual trailer came out a couple of days ago, and the movie is going to premiere soon), so I would say around March or April.

And no, that was NOT Ed or Al's voice. And I guess all he is saying is the thing that Al usually says in the beginning of each episode, you know, his Touka Koukan-speech.
Gravi-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 14:12   Link #55
z123

Lightbulb FMA movie

Hi im new to the forum

im not sure i cant read japanese but in the lower right hand corner it says FMA movie on their page

well if some one can give me a confirmation if it is really an FMA movie
z123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 16:29   Link #56
devilpim
Galvanic Alchemist

However, I'm happy I can see more of FMA.
I'm looking forward for it.
devilpim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 18:51   Link #57
Kimbley

I don't know why, but I feel that from Ed's more serious look in the picture that something happens to Al at the end of FMA... Just my personal feeling though...
Kimbley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 18:54   Link #58
Hiruka00

Yay!

I'm very excited to see the movie!! I can't wait tell it is released! Ed's new look is alright, I like his red jacket better though This new one is growing on me though...
Hiruka00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 15:49   Link #59
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Is it just me or does 18 year old Ed look a lot like Hohenheim? ^^
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 21:39   Link #60
ffinfinity

hints hidden in the movie poster!

according to the october's Animedia article, there are some hints hidden in the picture pertaining to the movie. (text beside the pic)

Spoiler:

If you look more closely to the original movie poster, the positioning of his arms and legs are lop-sided:-
the right shoulder is lower than the left; right hand fingers are more curled than the other hand; and the lengths of the arms and legs are different.

Furthermore, if u look more closely to the original movie poster, i think there is the shape of the alchemist watch-chain hidden behind his clothes.. (not sure abt this)

hmm.. seems that Ed still did not get his arm and leg back

Last edited by ffinfinity; 2004-09-22 at 01:38.
ffinfinity is offline   Reply With Quote