Old 2015-03-25, 22:56   Link #1
Shintouyu
A Wandering Soul

Tirea No Nayami Koto [Webnovel]

Original Title: ティレアの悩み事
Alternative Title: Trouble Events Of Tirea
Author: 里奈使徒 (Rina Apostle)

Syosetsuka Link: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n9045bm
Google Doc Translation (Inactive): Here.
Briollaire's Blog: Here.

Summary:
Quote:
Chuunibyou intensifying as the result of the cold treatment from his family and society, Shiota Tetsuya, thirty-three years old, unemployed and virgin, died in disappointment. Now reincarnated, she promised to live her life seriously without falling into her delusions. Fortunately reborn in another world, she thought that she could live happily with her parents and cute younger-sister...

However, there's been a recent problem. Her beloved little-sister is claiming to be a descendant of the Three Great Devils, a direct-subordinate of Demon King Zorg, and one of the Six Demon Generals. This is bad. She will have to do something before her chuunibyou worsens!

A Misunderstanding-Fantasy about an unaware cheat-hero in another world, trying to cure her little-sister's chuunibyou (who really is one of the Six Demon Generals), and imperceptibly defeating the Demon King.

So, like, this forum introduced me to Syosetsuka Ni Narou. So I had thought, "Hey, why not give back to the community and try translating something?", and here I am.

Though, I'm sorta muddling through this with 4-6 Machine Translations and no formal education in Japanese.

As mentioned here, I'll be handing the reins of translation to Briollaire.

Last edited by Shintouyu; 2015-04-05 at 23:17. Reason: New translator picking-up the story
Shintouyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 23:02   Link #2
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Another tensei story about a cheat hero, but this time with a female protagonist? Interesting. But can I ask if she's one of those characters that's as dumb as a brick for not realising whether her sister really is a demon or that she's a cheat hero?
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-25, 23:24   Link #3
Shintouyu
A Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
Another tensei story about a cheat hero, but this time with a female protagonist? Interesting. But can I ask if she's one of those characters that's as dumb as a brick for not realising whether her sister really is a demon or that she's a cheat hero?
She attributes a lot of the zaniness around to her as being caused by the 'chuuni', so I suppose 'dumb as brick' might be appropriate.

Though, I personally don't recall myself doing much headbanging until the second-arc where the author keeps Tirea almost unbelievable ignorant.
Old 2015-03-25, 23:42   Link #4
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Geh, not another one like "HP 1 kara hajimaru Isekai Musou". I like misunderstanding in fictions, but not as the main theme...

When will she realize that the chuuni events are real?
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 00:22   Link #5
Shintouyu
A Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Geh, not another one like "HP 1 kara hajimaru Isekai Musou". I like misunderstanding in fictions, but not as the main theme...

When will she realize that the chuuni events are real?
Hasn't really happened. I imagine that the author will keep Tirea 'nerfed' until a real-challenge (aka the Demon King) makes an appearance.

Spoiler:
Old 2015-03-26, 02:15   Link #6
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shintouyu View Post
Hasn't really happened. I imagine that the author will keep Tirea 'nerfed' until a real-challenge (aka the Demon King) makes an appearance.

Spoiler:
What? Assassination? Is this a dark story?

Oh yeah, forgot the most important thing... so a male reborn as a girl right? let's say a nekama. Then does the MC romance males or females? not another Alicetale please........

and 3 arcs but she hasn't realized it? I would get annoyed by the MC by that point just like that dumb MC from HP 1
Old 2015-03-26, 03:01   Link #7
aurel1

gender bender MC..?
Old 2015-03-26, 03:04   Link #8
Shintouyu
A Wandering Soul

Quote:
What? Assassination? Is this a dark story?

Oh yeah, forgot the most important thing... so a male reborn as a girl right? let's say a nekama. Then does the MC romance males or females? not another Alicetale please........

and 3 arcs but she hasn't realized it? I would get annoyed by the MC by that point just like that dumb MC from HP 1
Hmm... I personally wouldn't call it dark because it isn't beating the reader in the face with doom-and-gloom, cynicism, or what-have-you. But it certainly does have some unpleasant occurrences.

For example...
Spoiler:

Romantic-interests, huh? Nothing really romantic has happened in the story, though...

Spoiler:

Aside from the hiccup that is the second-arc, I'm surprisingly quite fine with Tirea remaining ignorant.

It's like a weird blend of Haruhi Suzumiya's plot and One Punch Man's story-telling, where the author keeps Tirea ignorant of her overpowerness and the story shows off what the other characters are doing in whatever situation is happening.
Old 2015-03-26, 03:17   Link #9
Shintouyu
A Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurel1 View Post
gender bender MC..?
More back-story than any real story-element.

The first-paragraph in Ch1~Ep1 pretty much settles the matter of any problem. Tirea's only real artifact from being a guy is that she still thinks with the masculine 'Ore'. Otherwise, whenever her past is brought-up, it's usually about her past-life's chuuni-ness.
Old 2015-03-26, 06:46   Link #10
Ghoststaker

Pretty interesting story... Wonder where will it go from here...

Thanks for translating!
Old 2015-03-26, 09:10   Link #11
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shintouyu View Post
H

Romantic-interests, huh? Nothing really romantic has happened in the story, though...
Uheee.... no romance is boring man... what's even the point of genderbending.... TO SEDUCE THE OPPOSITE SEX OF COURSE!
Old 2015-03-26, 18:52   Link #12
Shintouyu
A Wandering Soul

Ep12 and Ep13 of Ch1 have been translated and added to the Google Doc.

Direct Links:
Ch1~Ep12: "This Dog, He's A Hardcore Neet"
Ch1~Ep13: "We Killed The Enemy General"
Old 2015-03-26, 20:39   Link #13
iky43210

Quote:
Uheee.... no romance is boring man... what's even the point of genderbending.... TO SEDUCE THE OPPOSITE SEX OF COURSE!
I can't imagine gender bender to go for guys when he have been a guy all his life.
iky43210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 21:33   Link #14
Shintouyu
A Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by iky43210 View Post
I can't imagine gender bender to go for guys when he have been a guy all his life.
Your best-friend turns into a cute girl. It also may or may not have been your fault. What do?

/plot of various genderswap series.

But, uh, back onto topic. Like I said before, the genderswap-element doesn't really come into play for this story.
Old 2015-03-26, 23:25   Link #15
elairz

very funny. look forward to future chapters
elairz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-27, 21:04   Link #16
Shintouyu
A Wandering Soul

IdleTalk and Ep14 of Ch1 have been translated and added to the Google Doc.

Direct Links:
Idle Talk: "Evil God Dark Matter Advent"
Ch1~Ep14: "Meeting With An Elf"
Old 2015-03-27, 23:24   Link #17
Ghoststaker

Seems like his chuuni isn't fully cured yet xD
Old 2015-03-27, 23:31   Link #18
Yunyuki
story finder

the story kills me
i am nearly dying several times per page cause itīs to damn funny
Yunyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 00:31   Link #19
yari

This story is amazing! thanks for the translation

I really love light-hearted gag stories like these in contrast to the darker and more serious ones
yari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-30, 12:59   Link #20
Shintouyu
A Wandering Soul

Not a translation-update.

The webnovel made an update today. Or yesterday or something because timezones. Now I'm wondering if anyone is reading this story on their own instead of waiting for a translation?

Tags
female lead, reincarnation