AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-04, 00:57   Link #14861
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
*After reading 4 to 6 new pages of thread, falls down gasping for breath*

Is this the backlog you speak of? I've never seen a thread move so fast, except on 4chan! My god, am I expected to do this every day?

*Stares at argument about conscription*

Yeah, I'm not touching that topic with a 10-foot rusty halberd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Sorry you just seemed to be clinging to this whole “uber force field of some kind makes us untouchable so we can pwn the TSAB with a single planet” thing and it was annoying me as it was against canon, against common sense, and pretty damn hax.
Before I make the mistake of time warping/uber force-fields (which I don't really plan on), just specifically what kinds of spells are in the Nanoverse? I mean, other than the ones used in the anime. Are there some mentioned in the manga/novels/Sound Stages I don't know about? My knowledge of any sorcery comes from D&D, which is a horribly broken system in its own right (Stop time for 4 rounds while I can do almost whatever I please? YES PLZ.)

Quote:
I've never really like the whole "some tiny bad somehow defeats huge empire" cliche it make no sense and it's done to death. If you looked at allot of fiction you'd thinking being big was some kind of disadvantage in a war!
Well to be honest that's something that's kinda stuck with me. My dad shoved Star Wars down my throat when I was six, and so the concept of "Rebels vs. Empire" really stuck with me. *headdesk* Even though everyone and their brother will probably say the Empire should have won, they didn't. Being bigger apparently really is a disadvantage in war *shrug*.

Or maybe if you have enough guts and FIGHTING SPIRIT along with the TRUE SPIRIT OF MEN you can achieve anything .

Quote:
Well the problem was you could then get quote trees half a page long... I've seen some boards that do that and it actually gets more confusing once you have like 10 quotes nested inside each other.
Fair enough . Although crazy quote trees are sometimes good for the lulz.

Quote:
I will admit I missed it though you did just change it up slightly to "impregnable forcefield" which wasn't much better.
Oh, oh, this reminds me. Do any planets in the Nanoverse have anything like planetary shielding? Not necessarily global, as that'd be kind of pointless, but like, shields over key areas? (Major cities/industrial complexes/etc.)

Quote:
They could try, but they'd never learn anything as they'd lack the tools even try and analyze it, fuck they wouldn't even know what the wings where for! Or why it was full of big empty spaces inside (fuel tanks), or... and so on. Even if they took it apart down to the last bolt it's debatable if they'd learn anything at all form it as they wouldn't even grasp the concepts of psychics that drive it's operation.

Acutally they probably never figure out flight from this as they have no pilots and don't even understand how something made of metal and weighing 20 tons COULD fly. (a perposturous idea to be sure!) so they'd never attempt to get it too, never mind they'd have no way to refine the highly advanced fuel it would require anyway. If it HAS fuel to start and they figure out how to start and attempt to use it they probably destroy it a fire crash very quickly thus ending any further study.
Actually as soon as I saw the beginning of this part the first thing that hit me was "oh fuck no pilots/fuel. Durrhurr."

I still think reverse-engineering to some degree is possible when presented with some advanced technology. In this case, maybe I could further advance their tech and give them some form of space travel within the system? That'd provide the basic understanding, wouldn't it? Or no?

Quote:
Again it gets back to the fact that science is all interwoven and self supporting you can't just get one example of something and then suddenly have 15 other disciplines rocket froward as well to allow you to build it.
Right, right. It'd take years -_-. Or decades... or centuries. What have you.

Quote:
Even a shitty F-14 knock off would demand massive advances in:
-Metallurgy
-Chemistry
-Psychics
-Construction
-The INVENTION of the entire field of electronics
Plus massive numbers of skilled workers which demands huge boosts in education and entirely new factories on a vastly larger scale which will demand still more innovation, and on and on.
I actually have no real comment except this:

You dare insult the F-14?! DIE DIE DIE! F-14 > *.
(Pretentious conceited F-14 fan -_-)

Quote:
I've been through this argument a million times with people reverse engineering is neither easy OR fast unless you're already very close to the target objects tech level, but that's nearly never the case in sci-fi in which it's almost always used to explain a ludicrously large leap in capability in an insanely short time period which is WRONG.
This is something else that got me thinking of raising their tech levels. And then instead of a global civil war you'd have an interplanetary civil war *evil grin.*

Quote:
A broken one that over simplifies the problem vastly?
Told ya .

Quote:
And very limited in number a largerly illiterate populace is NOT acceptable for someone attempting to establish a high tech economy even technicians nowadays often have years of formal schooling at a level arguably higher then the greatest scientists of the 1800s.
True... well, how about this: a literate society that's on the verge of global economic collapse because of a sustained global or interplanetary war? Place the system out far enough (I think Lowegear or someone suggested 200 days travel in modern TSAB times). The Ramza incident occurs, slightly more advanced planet pwns the other habitable planet, and so on.

Quote:
DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON TREKNOLOGY.

*Pops a vein before reaching over to grab a blabbering trekkie by the throat crushing it and then hurling his corpse into a flaming pit and clams down slightly*

Star Trek technology is an abomination of pointless technobabble, unthinking idiotic writers with all the science education of a 5th grader and the story writing skills of an 8th grader between them. It's riddle with outright contradictions abuse of terminology, utterly brain dead characters passed off as "experts", tech of the week that's never mentioned again despite it possibly being enormously useful, and bullshit techno panaceas to every problem.

Trek Science and engineering is STUPID science and it should be the LAST model you opt to follow.
Oh but they have stuff like the inverse flux trilithium warp capac- *brick'd*

<3 this site.

Quote:
Solid slugs would still be ineffective at any kind of stand off range since you're average space ship can move faster then what most think is the fastest possible speed a railgun could fire at (something like 6 kilometers a second). Plus the slugs are unguided so the ship has even more options for evade them. Also I'm having issues buying you can apparently riddle it with holes and yet it won't basically fall apart in a million pieces on atmospheric reentry... the hole that ripped the space shuttle apart was like the size of your fist for instance.
Mm, well, it was just an idea. If I do incorporate the idea of inter-system fleets, then maybe the incident could occur in a different method. Thoughts?

Quote:
Acutally we do since the F-15 are 30 years old and nearly falling apart (many now operate under G limits because if pushed to hard they might literary fall apart in mid air). Plus the F-15 is actually inferior to many modern threat aircraft in terms of airframe (in electronic it still may have a slight edge) the F-22 is better at both AND cheaper to maintain going froward.
In the long run, yes. I was trying to put it in context to what was going on. Nowadays the F-15 is getting up in its years, but it can still off most of what its up against. I mean, we're not planning on going to war with nations that have Typoons, Flankers, and Viper Zero's.

Quote:
A huge rail gun oribtal defense grid... that's going to be a harder sell.
To be honest, I've always seen advanced railgun technology occurring before laser weaponry would be viable.

Quote:
The answer to the later could easily be "Somewhere around the next planets orbit" space being pretty damn empty is also pretty damn easy to look through they're is very little reason to get that close if you have a big telescope and a few antennae. It's also arguable they might have some kind of cloaking device against common modern sensors since no one seems to have noticed the big space cruisers orbiting earth for instance.

That's acutally canon for me they can jam and scramble most EM detection to the point of near invisibility. Which also forces them to attack each other close in... but I was just looking to explain the above, of course.

Maybe the captain made an error in judgment and ended up within sensor range? Or the computer's calculations were off slightly, not accounting for probability or some such (example: if sensor systems orbit the planet, they maybe the computer did not anticipate a subtle gravitational shift due to the planet's rotation etc etc. Like the space version of the Butterfly Effect. From what I understand, this occurs all the time.

Quote:
Impossible to answer definitively, but probably not that big from what we see as the TSAB has some pretty advanced AI and we don't see tons of crewmen on any of their ships, in fact a handful on the bridge seem to be able to run it. This might be SLIGHTLY higher back then, but probably not that much I tended to peg it at the largest ships (nearly a kilometer long in my case) having naval crews of around 250 to 300,and some number of marines and possibly an air wing (if you use space fighters) for a total of like 500 to 750 people aboard, that's a battleship a cruiser would be smaller.
This makes me wish that we had a technical manual on TSAB ships or something.

Quote:
Orbits decay SLOW, unless they where accelerating into the feild it could take YEARS, even decades for them to decay out of even a medium orbit and into the atmosphere.

The fact was though they must still have had maneuvering power as nothing that size could do anything besides slam into the ground like a falling asteroid if it didn't. Actually that would be a serious risk a 500 meter long ship that didn't burn up and struck the ground after an uncontrolled orbital descent and then possibly exploded on impact would be disastrous we're taking energy levels into the thousand of megatons. Needless to say not only might you lose a small country, but you won't be finding much useful tech after that!
...oh wow. I forgot about things like Impact Explosions. Jesus wtf is wrong with me. *headdesk* My apologies. Maybe this space-angle would be more viable?

Quote:
Well I've always felt a quick verbal punch to the gut will get someone to listen better then dancing around for 5 pages trying not to offend anyone. It's good that you want to know about it, but some of this stuff could be done just by a little research or common sense.
Gomen, gomen, in a lot of those cases you were right, and a little research would have gone a long way.

Quote:
I still find the idea of 90% of a population being able to be mages of any rank to be very unlikely.
Then cut the number by 2/3 or 3/4? What would be considered a high number but not a hax number?

Quote:
The first incident was time critical by the time it was at the point it might have justified a larger force they didn't have much choice, but to go for it.
The thing is that if the Jewel Seed incident was soooo important (Lost Logia, Precia, Project Fate, etc. etc.), I think they could have mobilized two ships rather than one.

Part of me just thinks it was stuff the writers didn't think about at the time.

Quote:
The BOD though is far less forgivable indeed, the threat was clear from the start and yet as you said one ship was all that shows up indeed many of us have argued this handling was incompetent. That said if Graham hadn't fucked things up they MIGHT have still won with little damage... Plus they had a bunch of AAA or near S rank mages around, from what we see the force of Chrono, Nanoha, and Fate was already way more magical power then most units could hope to have and if mages ARE rare then it's possible they just didn't have a thousand of them to throw at the problem to begin with.
I agree. In any event, it was stuff like this that makes me think the TSAB can be really crappy about sending what where to do whatever. Some of this was Graham, but I think some of it was shitty planning.

Or maybe it was overconfidence that Chrono/Fate/Nanoha could do it.

But then, I didn't think Nanoha was officially part of the TSAB yet? Granted, she had helped them in the past, but IMO an organization would be foolish to immediately trust someone that powerful, on an unadministered world, as to let them go off and do whatever. If Fate could be pretty much brainwashed by Precia (granted, it had probably been going on since Fate's creation) that easy at that early of and age, then safe to say the same could have been done to Nanoha.

Quote:
If it was THAT close and so low tech AND racked by war subjecting it shouldn't have been to hard in fact most of the people would have viewed this is as blessing most likely. I just find it unlikely a planet SO close to Mid would somehow not be brought into the TSAB in a 100+ years.
That's why we're moving it to the UAW part of the Galactic Map.

Quote:
99% of evidence points to, no, it wasn't and fanon basically say as much definitively. As was said if Belka was another planet then that means they would both have had large war fleets up to 300 years ago... which makes the idea of this planet teching up to that level form modern day in less then 100 even more unlikely.
So it's possible, however, very unlikely, that Belka was a planet? Got it.

Quote:
I'm hell bent on flaming incorrect and bad Ideas, I don't really care who is purposing them you at all you seem alright actually, but that won't stop me from destroying your (or anyone else's) arguments if I think they're wrong though.
This isn't a bad thing. Like I said, I could be a whiny bitch about it, but then, nothing would get done.

Quote:
These are the changes I’d make to keep some of the same idea:

1-The ship isn’t shot down it crashes after some kind of accident or another battle, the TSAB doesn’t come around because they don’t know what happened to it it’s effectively lost in space. This happens quite awhile ago perhaps around the time of the TSAB founding. This gives time for some teching without any time manipulation or force field bull crap.
2- The planet isn’t even near Mid it’s out past the fringes in an inhabited but barely explored region.
3- The TSAB dose find it many years later and notes it’s oddly similar tech and realizes what happened, at this point it dose perhaps attempt to get them to join the TSAB, and this could spark a conflict, but that conflict is like just them going “fuck you!” and shooting at the TSAB ships a bit which then withdraw.
4- The TSAB then basiclly says, “well they’re pretty small and pretty far away and they have just enough forces that we’d need to expend a bit of effort to conquer them… eh not worth it monitor, but ignore.”
5- Now they would obviously not see it that way and would probably keep rearming and such using the “TSAB menace” as pretense.
lol this is actually a good reimage of my old idea.

But it got me to thinking about something else too. What if this star system was one subjugated by the TSAB? As with all galactic (or part galactic) governments, I'm sure no one went peacefully. Maybe this system just would not stop harrassing the TSAB so they finally went "Oh fuck it" and pwnd the shit out of them. This would lead to further resentment to the TSAB, but it'd also give me a more viable reason for the Order of Freelance Mage's existence: Erusian mages loyal to the TSAB, not to their homeworld.

...This is kinda fun.
I'm making something for characters to be based off of. I haven't even gotten to the real characters yet! I could enjoy this
Old 2007-11-04, 01:17   Link #14862
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou

Is this the backlog you speak of? I've never seen a thread move so fast, except on 4chan! My god, am I expected to do this every day?
Welcome to the OC board. Don't worry, you'll get used to it. Or not.
Old 2007-11-04, 01:29   Link #14863
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Utilitarian ethics, however, will say that the potential benefits of elite mages is immense. When comparing the interests of Worlds to Individuals...
It's not just comparing the interests of Worlds to Individuals. Impressment is showing utter comtempt towards national juristriction. Not even something as grand as the TSAB has the right to demand the services of someone not bound to their authority in any manner.
You might argue that the TSAB's need for someone like Nanoha is stronger than Japan's need for her, I say no of their business if she rejected them and they have no right to do anything about it. Also, I'm satisfied that even you consider it immoral.
Old 2007-11-04, 01:35   Link #14864
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post

@ Thread...

all this talk about the military must not continue any longer... if you wanted, go to the appropriate thread- not here in the OC.

Meh, doesn't really matter, it's not like we got anything else better to do...

... If Outer-Canaan is about the pursuit of Truth, Liberty, Knowledge and Joy, well I say let them go wild
Old 2007-11-04, 01:48   Link #14865
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
It's not just comparing the interests of Worlds to Individuals. Impressment is showing utter comtempt towards national juristriction. Not even something as grand as the TSAB has the right to demand the services of someone not bound to their authority in any manner.
You might argue that the TSAB's need for someone like Nanoha is stronger than Japan's need for her, I say no of their business if she rejected them and they have no right to do anything about it. Also, I'm satisfied that even you consider it immoral.
Sure they do based on this timeless classic:
"Might makes right."

They have the right to do it because they can, end of story. Frankly this is just how governments work and people too for that matter if a weaker power has something a stronger one wants chances are they'll ask nicely and if they don't get it they'll ask again, with a gun to your head, and if you're still stupid enough to say no they'll just shot you and take it. Also how come Japan's claim on her is apparently stronger and more legitimate then the TSABs? If Japan suddenly decided to start impressing children like her to work in factories to aid the economy would that be somehow more acceptable?
Old 2007-11-04, 02:00   Link #14866
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Not even Null?????
*falls into Spartan well* NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU............
Null: VERSION II KICKUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

*everyone watches*

Null: Nuu!!!!!!! This is not the type of character I am!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
*blink blink*

No he didn't He met her before...
Really? Judging from Jeno's cold monologues speaking of how he was before he met Spica, I must've thought he was already one then...

Whatever.

Quote:
In anycase, who do you think we should have in this contest? The obvious few are....

01. Keroko
02. Maren
03. Mai
04. ???
05. ???
06. ???
07. ???
08. ???
09. ???
10. ???

P.S - Not a moe competition
For something that isn't a moe competition, the listed ones are more so moe than OTHER legit participants.

Quote:
LOL SERIOUS ?!

Erm... Well do it again!
Erio's, Lowe's, USB's, Kha's, Reiji's, mine...

Obviously you haven't been doing your homework. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
~Guess who's back
Back Again
Aaron's Back
Tell a Friend

Guess who's back
Guess who's back
Guess who's back
Guess who's back
Guess who's back
Guess who's back
Guess who's back~

Maligayang Pagbabalik, Kabayan!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Spoiler for Part 2:

Whew. She was quite an excellent mage...
Up next, young! Aurion's profile!
Almaria practices ZTS!?

Anyway, good details on the overalls. Though now that I look at it, I've noticed that everyone here while list the level of attack and all for their spells, don't exactly list the spell level on its own standard overall.

Quote:
And now, for young!Aurion's profile!

Spoiler for Young Aurion:

And now, for another scenario.
The following is a scenario right after a severe terrorism and kidnapping incident. Several of the subjects were too dangerous and were eliminated accordingly. Aurion got the majority of the kills, managing to finish off even the leader.

Spoiler for length:

And some combination attacks!
Spoiler for Combo attacks:

Finally!
This time, I sure hope he feels different from the current one. For the scene where he talks with the two kids, just imagine Setsuna from Gundam 00 talking with Gimmy and Darry from Gurren Lagann. Vega is based off Zeta Gundam's beam rifle.

And though unintentionally, I managed to put in even more rabu-rabu and some fanservice as well.

Comments?
More bluecheese! Looks like you've kept yourself busy, unlike me who's taking periodic breaks from writing.

Anyway... what should we call this Aurion? DereTsun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Touche, however, do keep in mind that the TSAB has hundreds of worlds to look after, which would explain their understaffment. Also, service in the TSAB is optional, not mandatory (as shown by Yuuno) which means that not every mage will automatically be in the TSAB.

Now, I am not saying the mage population on Mid-Childa is 90%, I find that a rather high number myself, but something along the lines of 20 to 30% sounds far more realistic, if not a bare minimum for the TSAB to even be able to exist.

Concidering the gang-pressing, I am still disputing that. The source of the gang-pressing -the novel- has shown to dispute canon before, even going as far as changing events as they happened in the anime. I am having serious trouble believeing a source that alters canon material as reliable, even more so as the gang-pressing has been directly contradicted in the series, as they gave Nanoha a choice whether she wanted to become involved or not.
Well, I wanted to say something, but ark's intervention into this thread pretty much cites a whole lot more than what I wanted to say initially.

Quote:
@Nighty: Signum... pregnant... More crack from the master! BTW, are you still going to make Zul a UD later?
Maybe~~~

Anyway, it's still early. Right now, I want to be going with foreshadowings first.

[QUOTE=Aaron008R;1236355]I was wondering wether to put it in or not, but I thought, "To hell with it!"
It's a running gag, if you think about it. Almaria, Hayate, Reinforce, Signum, some of Satty's female OC's... All victims one way or another of his binds when it comes right down to it. It IS a lot less of a hassle instead of trying to hold them down on those circumstances.

I am so expecting people to start twisting these words when they see it...

~~~

Preview!

Spoiler:

Preview II!

Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-11-04, 02:12   Link #14867
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk3997 View Post
Also how come Japan's claim on her is apparently stronger and more legitimate then the TSABs?
Based on the fact that she's a Japanese citizen born and living under their laws on their territory since birth.

Quote:
If Japan suddenly decided to start impressing children like her to work in factories to aid the economy would that be somehow more acceptable?
It would not. But they get first dibs on her services as rulers of the land she lives on.
Old 2007-11-04, 02:15   Link #14868
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
And they're dropping one by one Good luck then
Thanks
Chances are I'll still be lurking up till the day that the exam starts...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Didn't realize I had posted earlier on until I previewed my post. -_-

And something to try again for OCs, this time on the darker side. Credits to FlameSparkZ for bringing the original questionnaire here.

1. Pick any of your OCs to answer.
2. Plan out their responses
3. Results! And what you make of them.

Spoiler for The Questions:
I'll get to it once exams are over
Quote:
Knowing how it will end up in the future pained me for quite a lot as well. The more enjoyment I get from making their closeness clearer, the more phantom pain I feel when i think about the big picture later. But i won't let this stop me! If this is all I can do for my favorite female OC, then I'll do her eventual demise with as much justice as I can by making her as alive as she can be in the hearts of those who read about her!
Yep! I don't have anyting like that planned, but chances are I'll end up killing off some of my OC's in the future... Only if the time is right though.
Quote:
It's still sad, though. I'm actually wondering wether I should do the profiles of the top two of the Spectral Enforcers. Based on Akio and Sanae from CLANNAD.

Akio = EXTREME Kamina-like charisma and likes to looks at cute girls. Also spouts a lot of nonsense at times but very intelligent.
Sanae = Motherly character. The only person in TSAB who could make Aurion embarrassed due to being doted upon (he used to have a weakness against being cared for by parent-figures. The trying-to-act-tough-I-can-manage-myself schtick.).

Basically Aurion and Almaria's parent-figures in the squad. But I don't know if I can take the pain of doing more characters with the same fate as Almaria...
Well they could die from food poisoning....
Combine Sanae's bread with Akiko's Jam.....

Oh shit!

*runs*
Quote:
Imagine Chrono walking along a street when he hears a woman answer her cellphone to THAT ringtone...

"Ah, Chrono-kun, dame..."

*runs*

WAHT THE!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
So...much...backlog

Been trying to figure out how to do a post like this for a while and I finally got a good idea . Takes place after Early Reflections.

Spoiler for Dreams:
Whoa.

Talk about a shocking childhood... I assume that what happens next is roughly the same thing that made him transfer to the Rogues in the first place... mutilated corpses etc...

Good job on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Currently pegged at 12K words. I'm pondering whether to make it shorter by dropping off the mock battle scene between Nanoha and Leona versus Fate and Hayate. >_>

Bluecheese supply running low.
That's absoulelty crazy regardless.... I wish I could write like that.

I'll be looking forward to it! Although if you release it anytime soon I probably won't get back to you until about 1.5 weeks...exams *sigh*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post

And this is just the weekend..

It can be much worse during the week...
Quote:
Before I make the mistake of time warping/uber force-fields (which I don't really plan on), just specifically what kinds of spells are in the Nanoverse? I mean, other than the ones used in the anime. Are there some mentioned in the manga/novels/Sound Stages I don't know about? My knowledge of any sorcery comes from D&D, which is a horribly broken system in its own right (Stop time for 4 rounds while I can do almost whatever I please? YES PLZ.)
From what I've seen, there's not many other spells that have been mentioned. You'll have to do what the rest of us have done and make them up.

Although anything like that D&D spell above is going to be torn to pieces as soon as you mention it....
Quote:
Or maybe if you have enough guts and FIGHTING SPIRIT along with the TRUE SPIRIT OF MEN you can achieve anything .
Yare yare.... another hot-blooded indivdual..... Like we needed more in here
Quote:
Oh, oh, this reminds me. Do any planets in the Nanoverse have anything like planetary shielding? Not necessarily global, as that'd be kind of pointless, but like, shields over key areas? (Major cities/industrial complexes/etc.)
The only one that we've seen is the ground force HQ shield so it is possible.

No other examples from canon thus far... I don't think we're going to get many either. Since we don't even have info on half the stuff that's been mentioned..
Quote:
Alot of us do.... We've got next to no information about anything in the nanohaverse....
Quote:
...This is kinda fun.
I'm making something for characters to be based off of. I haven't even gotten to the real characters yet! I could enjoy this
Well as long as you're having fun thats the main thing

Thinking about what you've written before posting here is a good thing. The cries to burn you at the stake will quiet down a fair bit... Basically anything haxx or illogical is going to be shot down in flames (in most cases) Unless you have a really, really good reason for the haxx.

Time for me to get back to work
Old 2007-11-04, 02:29   Link #14869
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Welcome to the OC board. Don't worry, you'll get used to it. Or not.
If this thread makes me unfit for marriage, will you take me?
Wait wrong anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
From what I've seen, there's not many other spells that have been mentioned. You'll have to do what the rest of us have done and make them up.

Although anything like that D&D spell above is going to be torn to pieces as soon as you mention it....
lol Time Stop is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to 9th Level spells. How about Apocalypse from the Sky, which does massive amounts of damage to everything within a one-hundred mile radius. Or Plague of Undead, which literally summons a horde of undead to fight for you. Reality Maelstrom rips a hole in the time-space continuum and sucks everything in. Black Blade of Disaster makes Bardiche's Zamber form look like a scalpel.

But I digress. Like I said, D&D wizards are way overpowered to begin with.

Quote:
Yare yare.... another hot-blooded indivdual..... Like we needed more in here
THERE'S NEVER ENOUGH HOT BLOOD!

Quote:
The only one that we've seen is the ground force HQ shield so it is possible.

No other examples from canon thus far... I don't think we're going to get many either. Since we don't even have info on half the stuff that's been mentioned..

Alot of us do.... We've got next to no information about anything in the nanohaverse....
That would be an interesting fan-project though: "The Time-Space Administration Bureau Technical Manual."

Quote:
Well as long as you're having fun thats the main thing

Thinking about what you've written before posting here is a good thing. The cries to burn you at the stake will quiet down a fair bit... Basically anything haxx or illogical is going to be shot down in flames (in most cases) Unless you have a really, really good reason for the haxx.

Time for me to get back to work
I'll get better over time. It took me five tries to get Evangelion right, so I suspect that it'll take me a little while to get the Nanoverse down.
Old 2007-11-04, 04:04   Link #14870
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Based on the fact that she's a Japanese citizen born and living under their laws on their territory since birth.
That's deontological. Utilitarian will also account for the amount of Good Nanoha could do on Earth (pretty ordinary, another worker ... etc) versus the amount of good she can do in the TSAB (lots, approximately a 10 Order of Magnitude difference).
Old 2007-11-04, 04:17   Link #14871
Jimmy C

Ark, I just knew you were going to say something like that. Who has the "right" to call upon the services of a citizen of a nation? The government of that nation or some government that has no juristriction over that territory? You can argue benefits all you want, but such actions show utter disrespect to national boundaries. They've led to wars in the past, as you have correctly stated, and are unacceptable behaviour for nations.
Old 2007-11-04, 04:21   Link #14872
Tormenk

Quote:
So...much...backlog

Been trying to figure out how to do a post like this for a while and I finally got a good idea . Takes place after Early Reflections.

Spoiler for Dreams:
So Shamsel had a backstory like this. Very well then.

Quote:
Uh, "it"?

[size=1]I have the strangest feeling when I said that ...[/size
That wouldn't be too far off I suppose.

Question at Chaos:

Might be wrong here but the Stain program is merely a offshoot of Sipher with him being the master program right? Would Sipher have the ability to override those with the Stain inside them at any time?

Quote:
Oi, oi, I'm not a serial murderer.
Creation, not creator.

Tormenk IS: Perfect Confusion

Makes me kind of sad my ability to confuse people overtakes that of my specialty.

Quote:
What the ...

DOES NOT COMPUTE!
Oh yes it does.

At least in Seto no Hanayome where a father does that to understand his daughter.

Quote:
Currently pegged at 12K words. I'm pondering whether to make it shorter by dropping off the mock battle scene between Nanoha and Leona versus Fate and Hayate. >_>
The mock fight between these four sounds interesting enough but it's your call.

Quote:
Another questionnaire!

Here's for Leona.

Spoiler for Answers:

Since the questions are so dark, Leona cannot answer truthfully, or she'll spoil the entire thing.

You did this on purpose, didn't you, Grinder?!
Looks like Leona and Katrina has something in common.

Yessss dark they are. While not on purpose, the questions in this list is predisposed towards drawing out the vulnerabilities the character answering them has. Courtesy of Grinder and his kitten.

Quote:

Yes this is Backlog-tan, Saya.

4-6 pages are normal, abnormal ones include massive bluecheesium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

*everyone watches*

Where's FA? I need a scary onionhead emote.

Quote:
Preview!

Spoiler:

Preview II!

Spoiler:

DestinyS?

Quote:
Meh, doesn't really matter, it's not like we got anything else better to do...

... If Outer-Canaan is about the pursuit of Truth, Liberty, Knowledge and Joy, well I say let them go wild
*wakes up*

Wuzzt? Did cha say somethunk?

*watches fly buzz past*

*swats one*

*falls asleep*

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2007-11-04, 04:27   Link #14873
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Ark, I just knew you were going to say something like that. Who has the "right" to call upon the services of a citizen of a nation? The government of that nation or some government that has no juristriction over that territory? You can argue benefits all you want, but such actions show utter disrespect to national boundaries. They've led to wars in the past, as you have correctly stated, and are unacceptable behaviour for nations.
So basically you’re saying that the right to impress someone into the service of the state is based on “dibs”?

Though even this is debatable sovereignty as we know it is based on being recognized as sovereign by other states. If the TSAB doesn’t recognize Japan (and it has little reason too) they might basically consider even non-administered worlds inside their space to still be their property. This is pretty much how the Federation in Trek seems to work for instance they’ve claimed a huge swath of space as “theirs”, but haven’t actually totally exploded never mind integrated the planets inside it into the Federation, which hasn’t stopped them from fucking with said planets when they feel like it…

Really TSAB basically controls the planet she lives on, oh sure you can get technical about it but fact is the TSAB could rule the earth in a second if it wanted too AND it’s protected it from outside threats before (incompetent or not earth could well have been destroyed, twice, if not for their intervention). So who’s to say that according to its laws it’s claim on any interesting individuals on a planet overrides that of any local government? Well actually it obviously dose and from a legal standpoint it’s not even an impossible position to defend at all.

This is allot like the debate of how "sovereign" the states in the United States are, in theory they're all supposed to be little countries unto themselves, in practice that ain't how it works. Also it maybe "unacceptable" now maybe, but it was SOP a few centuries ago shit it was common even at the turn of the century (see US army rolling on into Mexico when some bandits pissed us off) all these big shit storms over sovereignty and "international" law are a recent thing and pretty stupid anyway as anyone with power dose what they want and bullies people other people around (just like they've always done) anyway so it's all basically a joke.
Old 2007-11-04, 05:46   Link #14874
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
I won't defend that if it's true it totally self serving and immoral, but I wasn't even really purposing that, so much as drafting off Administered worlds, but even with that Keroko seemed to react rather negatively to the idea of ANY drafting going on.
Not really, I'm just using the non-drafted Mid-Childans as examples of contradictions to drafting being canon. My real gripes are two things:

1. The drafting of mages on non-administered planets. These planets are called non-administered for a reason, the TSAB has no authority over these planets. Though really, even StrikerS shows contradiction to drafting in general, as Subaru and Ginga had also been given a choice.

2. The canonality of the novel. The novel has shown itself to directly contradict and alter canon. The argument of it being the most 'recent' source became redundant when it was shown that StrikerS still uses the anime as its canon source. Anime, manga and soundtages are intertwined, and so far have not yet conflicted with one another. The novel has directly conflicted with the anime. Am I to believe a single story that is pretty much a 'what if' story compared to three other sources?

Quote:
So...much...backlog

Spoiler for Dreams:
Tragic past, huh? So how was he saved?
Old 2007-11-04, 05:49   Link #14875
arkhangelsk

Quote:
You are still arguing deontologically, but deontology as actually practiced varies with time, as Tk3997 points out even as little as 100 years ago it was basically still Might makes Right.

At least this time, they'd have Utilitarian ethics tilting decisively to one side to base their decisions on, which is a lot more than could be said for most Might makes Right scenarios.
Spoiler for Slightly Off Topic:
The United Federation of Planets at least lives in a multipolar world (Klingons, Romulans and Cardassians in AQ alone) that forces it to have some mutual respect for somebody. The TSAB lives in a unipolar world for at least the past 75 years. Why would it write laws or even have moral beliefs accepting other powers as its equal?
Quote:
Not really, I'm just using the non-drafted Mid-Childans as examples of contradictions to drafting being canon. My real gripes are two things:

1. The drafting of mages on non-administered planets. These planets are called non-administered for a reason, the TSAB has no authority over these planets. Though really, even StrikerS shows contradiction to drafting in general, as Subaru and Ginga had also been given a choice.
You will notice they weren't 18, and thus had already volunteered before the issue can be decided. Besides, I won't be conscripting Subaru unless I was doing Universal Military Service and everyone has to join. She will probably have learnt no magic if not for being saved for Nanoha.

Second, think of the very term "non-administered planet" 未管理世界 for a moment. Can you see the very Hubris of the term? The TSAB does not "have no authority over these planets", at least according to its mind. It just doesn't bother to administer it for its own reasons - on a whim, it can become "administered".

Frankly, though considering their military incompetence, their only way to easily turn Earth into an Administered World would be to threaten destruction with Arcenciel.

Quote:
2. The canonality of the novel. The novel has shown itself to directly contradict and alter canon. The argument of it being the most 'recent' source became redundant when it was shown that StrikerS still uses the anime as its canon source. Anime, manga and soundtages are intertwined, and so far have not yet conflicted with one another. The novel has directly conflicted with the anime. Am I to believe a single story that is pretty much a 'what if' story compared to three other sources?
Really ... the only real link to the 1st season in StrikerS was a scene of a Starlight Breaker, which fits both versions very well. IIRC no one explicitly tagged the fight to which it belonged. Further, see also all other arguments. You excise parts of clear direct contradiction and retain all other parts. Standard procedure for analysis.

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2007-11-04 at 06:02.
Old 2007-11-04, 05:49   Link #14876
Aaron008R

Slow weekends are SLOW... Anyway, I guess I should be thanksful for the chance to do some easier catchingup. BTW...

@arkhangelsk: Welcome to the OC thread. I'll admit it was a bit of a surprise, considering you said that you closed the lid on this thread back then in the Manga thread. But then, it's not really uncommon since we get humbug and Jimmy C as non-OC makers that hang out here frequently.

@Evangelion: I'll read that part about Shamsel tomorrow. I'm in a hurry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Read as quickly as I could, as little as I could, except for the spell list and Device origin in order to avoid any sadness as further comparison to my special someone.
I fail to see how reading about her Barrier Jacket and Fighting style would remind you about your fiance... Unless she dances like Almaria...

Quote:
Looks good.

Quote:
Aurion's Profile: Most of it looks familiar. OMG'd @ the reason Almaria hung out w/Aurion... birthdays? Child's logic, I suppose.

Quote:
Scenario: Sounds like Almaria'd have been a good mom if she'd ever had any kids...

Quote:
Don't worry. Take your time - I have no plans on going anywhere.

Quote:
And Aurion + Female = Bind is generally true... though Mel's not been subjected to it. Though it's probably best that it never happens; she'd probably overload all males present w/HELPLESS MOE a la Ninomiya-kun's Mayu.
You make it sound like it happens all the everytime Aurion interacts with females... C'mon! It was like this!

Hayate = Mind Game.
Almaria & Signum = Mock Battle. To win.
Reinforce 1 = She was trying to nuke him to oblivion. Naturally, that should stop her from going on and on.
Satty's female OC's = "Don't disturb me while I use some serious mindf**k on Vincent."

Though I am curious about what do you mean by this helpless MOE bit. I know helplessness can be considered MOE by itself, but is what you mentioned some sort of upgrade? Can you explain?

Quote:

Everything is NAISU!

*did a double thumbs-up plus a double toes-up (if it was at all possible)*

They are really a perfect match, eh? From personality to duty to attacks, everything is so synchronized between them. Their chemistry blends them nicely.

Again, a masterpiece profile!
Wow... Thanks!

Quote:

Bluecheese supply running low.
Hayate&Fate vs. Nanoha&Leona mock battle?!?!:eek

WANT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
@ Thread...

all this talk about the military must not continue any longer... if you wanted, go to the appropriate thread- not here in the OC.
Nah... The current matter about TSAB policies on recruitment has relevant applications on several works here in the OC thread. I don't really think it's doing any harm.

BTW, I'll read the previews later.

Quote:

*everyone watches*

Quote:
Almaria practices ZTS!?
Why is everyone insisting that Almaria has Zettai Ryouiki after reading the descriptions of her Barrier Jacket?

If anything, it should look very similar to this...

Spoiler for like this:

Just replace the skirt with cyclings. I don't know what gives everyone the impression of ZTS there...

Quote:
Anyway, good details on the overalls. Though now that I look at it, I've noticed that everyone here while list the level of attack and all for their spells, don't exactly list the spell level on its own standard overall.
Yeah. Though I think I should be slowing down the casting time of some of her spells.

Quote:
More bluecheese! Looks like you've kept yourself busy, unlike me who's taking periodic breaks from writing.
Yup.

Quote:
Anyway... what should we call this Aurion? DereTsun?
Why DereTsun?

Quote:
Maybe~~~

Anyway, it's still early. Right now, I want to be going with foreshadowings first.

Quote:

Quote:
Spoiler:

Preview II!

Spoiler:

HOLY-
Saga?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Yep! I don't have anyting like that planned, but chances are I'll end up killing off some of my OC's in the future... Only if the time is right though.

Quote:
Well they could die from food poisoning....
Combine Sanae's bread with Akiko's Jam.....

Oh shit!

*runs*
Wha-?
Nah. They die during the Perfect Void incident.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-11-04, 05:57   Link #14877
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Quote:

This is pretty fast for a weekend although it varies day to day depends on if the thread catches a tangent then it can explode or it can just slowly creep along, you learn to skim it for the good stuff after awhile.

Quote:

Ahh but it's fun! Well suit yourself!

Quote:
These are the guidelines I work under, others bend and break these nearly at will sometimes though, I tend to let a bit slide if it’s only in one area though and not to outrageous.

I start out with stuff I think is pretty much impossible:
-Time manipulation of any kind is out IMO it’s just never shown or even hinted at in anything so far as I know.
-Ploymorphing, magic illusions to make you or objects look different are seen, but I don’t think turning people into toads physically would fit AT ALL.
-Resurrection of ANY kind IMO Nanoha magic is too realistic to allow raising the dead.

Now we get into a subject that’s a bit nebulous mental magic:
-We have some sort of “telepathy”, but what exactly that is, is debatable as it basiclly just seems to be used as skull phone, higher level mental magic’s like forceful mind reading or memory manipulation is basiclly unsupported IMO.

Next up we have stuff that’s possible but more limited then in many magic settings:
-Really, really fast super speed, speed boosts are seen, but I don’t think mages dodging bullets or moving like the Flash would fit.
-Healing is again seen, but your average “zap away dozens of bullet and stab wounds” isn’t we still see hospitals and slings and talk of recovery times so healing magic is clearly limited.

On a final note we never really see a spell do much more damage then a few aircraft bombs many do far, far less any spell that gets into the “take out entire city blocks or small towns” range is already pushing into the too much range any mention of “nuclear” in relation to a power level will result in a savage mauling by me at least.

I have allot more, but those are some pretty good rough ones.
Quote:
Well to be honest that's something that's kinda stuck with me. My dad shoved Star Wars down my throat when I was six, and so the concept of "Rebels vs. Empire" really stuck with me. *headdesk* Even though everyone and their brother will probably say the Empire should have won, they didn't. Being bigger apparently really is a disadvantage in war *shrug*.

Well the problem was the Emperor was a dolt… “I have a cunning plan! I’ll use myself, the only thing holding the entire state together, as bait in a trap for the majority of my enemies forces!”

“Brilliant sir! Should I call up 500 Star Destroy for the operation and 10,000 stormtroopers?”

“No you fool call JUST enough ships to stalemate the rebels and only a pittance of troops that can be easily overpowered by a small commado team!”

Even despite that he STILL might have won if not for a bunch of freaking teddy bears… Of coruse after the movie we then get the New Republic which has like government character shields. No matter how ragingly incompetent it is nothing can seem to topple it; because the good guys are part of it. Acutally at times it seems like a group of about 30 to 40 people is the only thing holding together a government that spans possibly millions of worlds…

That said the “small underdog group defeats huge empire” trope is done to death in both fantasy and Sci-fi and mostly makes me role my eyes now. Another reason I liked Nanoha’s setting the heroes now pretty much WORK for the huge empire.

Quote:
As mentioned the HQ seems to have some sort of shield I wouldn’t have much issue with fairly strong shields over important faculties, but I don’t think any kind of “planetary shield grid” would fit the setting and I think those shields could be bombed down with a focused unopposed barrage by a small fleet.

Quote:
Actually as soon as I saw the beginning of this part the first thing that hit me was "oh fuck no pilots/fuel. Durrhurr."
It just so how very much can go wrong when trying to do stuff like this.

Quote:
I still think reverse-engineering to some degree is possible when presented with some advanced technology. In this case, maybe I could further advance their tech and give them some form of space travel within the system? That'd provide the basic understanding, wouldn't it? Or no?
Would work better perhaps or perhaps not, if TSAB space travel is based on Magi-tech the principle could still be totally alien to people using actual somewhat realistic space travel tech. Then again the idea of an actual war between planets that amounts to anything besides "Gain control of orbit and start dropping nukes" would be hard fathom as well... An actual planetary invasion tends to require science fictionally efficient space travel tech or totally fictional systems.

Quote:
I actually have no real comment except this:

You dare insult the F-14?! DIE DIE DIE! F-14 > *.
(Pretentious conceited F-14 fan -_-)
I actually meant they’d probably only be able to build something that was sort of like an F-14, but inferior to the original even with decades of research.

That said the F-14 had issues it wasn’t a terrible plane, but it was a hanger queen extraordinaire and a total beast on the maintenance crews, and it had problems with engines early on though upgrades mostly sorted that. Still it was awfully complex for what it was meant too do and modern fly by wire aircraft that are actively unstable have defeated much of the point of variable geometry wings, they where a solution to a passing problem and the weight penalties from them defeat allot of the “advantages” even before the above system appeared.

The F-15 was and is IMO a better aircraft simpler, just as effective, and more adaptable while the F-14 was morphed into a so-so bomber with upgrades the F-15E is flat out better at the job, not least because it can carry stuff on its wings. You need only look at foreign sales to see that, even the F-18 sold better then the 14 as did the F-15 and the 16... well that dosen't bear mentioning.

It WAS cool, but as is often the case with such things it was a bit inefficient too.

Quote:
This is something else that got me thinking of raising their tech levels. And then instead of a global civil war you'd have an interplanetary civil war *evil grin.*
that would require a rather high tech level actually probably centuries ahead of our own, it's your plot just consider that fact and interplanetary war is going to demand huge advacnes in many areas, and might not even be realistically feasible without sci-fi tech.
Quote:
True... well, how about this: a literate society that's on the verge of global economic collapse because of a sustained global or interplanetary war? Place the system out far enough (I think Lowegear or someone suggested 200 days travel in modern TSAB times). The Ramza incident occurs, slightly more advanced planet pwns the other habitable planet, and so on.
It works to a point, but I just find the entire idea of a much lower tech power acutally being able to attack and disable a TSAB warship before it either flees or simply crushes them pretty unlikely frankly. Them finding a drifting wreck in local space and with massive effort salvaging valuable tech from it I can buy or it making a barely controlled crash landing on a planet after taking heavy damage, but them acutally shooting it down seems like a huge stretch with any kind of near future tech given that the TSAB navy is working quite literally with “magi-tech”.

Quote:
Mm, well, it was just an idea. If I do incorporate the idea of inter-system fleets, then maybe the incident could occur in a different method. Thoughts?
The problem is any semi-realistic spaceship still wouldn't have the kind of properties we see in TSAB naval vessels, accelration still being the killer the TSAB has artificial gravity and so quite possible inertial dampers and can move from the surface of a planet into orbit easily, that isn't easy at all more so for something so big. Basically any ship that could catch and effectively attack a TSAB vessle would already be well into the sci-fi zone and probably close to them in tech level making the worth of the vessel itself suspect...

Quote:
In the long run, yes. I was trying to put it in context to what was going on. Nowadays the F-15 is getting up in its years, but it can still off most of what its up against. I mean, we're not planning on going to war with nations that have Typoons, Flankers, and Viper Zero's.
Acutally Flankers are so prolific that small African countries have them besides you ought not to build for the last war; you build for the next one. Admittedly figuring out what the next one will look like can be a bitch… Also modern fighter have such long developments times that you need to plans decades ahead since if you wait until you need them you’ll never get them up in time

Quote:
To be honest, I've always seen advanced railgun technology occurring before laser weaponry would be viable.
You’ll probably lose that bet, laser weapons are already in testing and advances in solid state models promise even better outputs and smaller size. In fact one nearly made it to production, THEL (Tactical High Energy Laser) shot down mortars and artillery rockets in live fire testing, that’s arguably already weapons grade. Popular science had a nice article about it in one of their issues last year.

Quote:
Maybe the captain made an error in judgment and ended up within sensor range? Or the computer's calculations were off slightly, not accounting for probability or some such (example: if sensor systems orbit the planet, they maybe the computer did not anticipate a subtle gravitational shift due to the planet's rotation etc etc. Like the space version of the Butterfly Effect. From what I understand, this occurs all the time.
He'd have to pop out damn near on top of them for them to attack him and the first thing he's going to do when he see he's so close is start backing off, it's rather more likely he'll be able to issue that command before anyone on the ground sees, identifies (or fails too) the contact, deliberates on what to do, and decides to fire on it. Given the speed a TSAB ship probably has it could be well outside the range of any engagement by then and if his vector was out bound to start with even IF some weapon caught up and hit him he'd continue on that course (this being space) not somehow fall out of the sky into the planet.

Quote:
It has it’s ups and downs on the one hand it gives us authors more freedom, on the other hand it gives us authors more freedom… A good author can use that ambiguity to bring in interesting concepts and explore them in a rational interesting way; a hack can use a lack of set limits to run roughshod over common sense, logic, and reason in a wank riddled piece of crap with precious little solid evidence to be used to rein them in.

That’s the problem with freedom in general really it frees stupid people to be stupid.

Quote:
...oh wow. I forgot about things like Impact Explosions. Jesus wtf is wrong with me. *headdesk* My apologies. Maybe this space-angle would be more viable?
Yeah that’s a pretty common issue in allot of sci-fi huge ass star ships crashing down or into stuff often just seem to dig a trench and not much else when they land…

Macross is good one to look at to see it done right when the SDF-1 crashes its HUGE the shockwave from its passing levels buildings (which it would) and the blast when it impacts is visible from most of the hemisphere. Of coruse it goes with a wildly unlikely scenario of it impacting into the shallow water around some tiny little inland in the pacific this thus side stepping the global dust cloud that ought to have happened(while making it easy to recover). I can’t recall on tsunamis, but I think they did happen. Anyway it was clearly a mega disaster of the first order which any large scale space craft crashing uncontrolled onto a planet would be.

The average sci-fi warship is effectively the size of a country buster asteroid some of the bigger ones are almost continent busters. Acutally ships might well be MORE dangerous then an asteroid of the same size. Most asteroids are now thought to be pretty much gravel piles loosely held together by gravity more like a dirt clod then a stone, but a ship would likely be made almost totally out of heavy solid metals AND probably armored externally against thermal energy (as most ray guns would use heating to do their damage). This means more of it is likely to make it to the ground, add in a radioactive or good forbid unstable anti-matter (or technobabble) power source and you’ve got the makings of one hell of disaster on the ground below a major orbital battle.

Quote:
Gomen, gomen, in a lot of those cases you were right, and a little research would have gone a long way.
Eh nothing that bad you said some stuff I said it was wrong because of X and we move on to fixing it. Like I said I have no issue with people that say something wrong, but seem willing to try and correct it. I actually tolerate it more here as allot of is ambiguous and large amounts of info can't be easily tracked down so it often is faster to just ask.

Quote:
Then cut the number by 2/3 or 3/4? What would be considered a high number but not a hax number?
I personally think more then 15 to 20% would be pushing it.

Quote:
The thing is that if the Jewel Seed incident was soooo important (Lost Logia, Precia, Project Fate, etc. etc.), I think they could have mobilized two ships rather than one.

Part of me just thinks it was stuff the writers didn't think about at the time.
Well one possibility is simply that it didn't seem that important at first or that they didn't even know about it for awhile. They seem to have been drawn in to investigate after it was underway and it escalated quickly and they just couldn't get more ships to the scene before it was concluded.

Quote:
I agree. In any event, it was stuff like this that makes me think the TSAB can be really crappy about sending what where to do whatever. Some of this was Graham, but I think some of it was shitty planning.
More force would have helped, but it seems acutally fairly likely they'd have won fairly quickly if he hadn't interfered. You also can't just send EVERYTHING at any problem ideally you want enough to win by a comfortable margin, but no more. Before he interfered they seemed to have that force ratio the Knights appeared to be pretty much on the ropes in the very first engagement for instance.

Quote:
Or maybe it was overconfidence that Chrono/Fate/Nanoha could do it.
Acutally somewhat justified given their freakish power level, and Yunno and Arf aren't any kind of slouches either I say again if Graham dosen't butt in it's entirely possibly they beat the Knights in Ep.5 and the entire thing is over.
Quote:
But then, I didn't think Nanoha was officially part of the TSAB yet? Granted, she had helped them in the past, but IMO an organization would be foolish to immediately trust someone that powerful, on an unadministered world, as to let them go off and do whatever. If Fate could be pretty much brainwashed by Precia (granted, it had probably been going on since Fate's creation) that easy at that early of and age, then safe to say the same could have been done to Nanoha.
That wasn’t really brain washing it was misplaced and undeserved loyalty. Children will do some pretty terrible things to try and please their parents, I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve heard of parents using their children to help them steal stuff for instance. She was a terrible parent, but she was still Fate’s “mother” and that’s an extremely powerful psychological bond that even truly stunning levels abuse can have difficultly breaking. (I’ve heard of stuff that makes what she did seem positively ‘meh’, emersion into bathtubs or sinks full of scolding hot water is a particularly sickening one, ever seen a boiled ham?)

Also the entire incident was basiclly kicked off with them brutally assaulting her; she probably would have helped if for no other reason then good old fashion pay back. In fact keeping her away would probably have been harder!

Quote:
So it's possible, however, very unlikely, that Belka was a planet? Got it.
Very, very unlikely IMO.

Quote:
This isn't a bad thing. Like I said, I could be a whiny bitch about it, but then, nothing would get done.
That's the right way to look at it IMO.

Quote:
lol this is actually a good reimage of my old idea.

But it got me to thinking about something else too. What if this star system was one subjugated by the TSAB? As with all galactic (or part galactic) governments, I'm sure no one went peacefully. Maybe this system just would not stop harrassing the TSAB so they finally went "Oh fuck it" and pwnd the shit out of them. This would lead to further resentment to the TSAB, but it'd also give me a more viable reason for the Order of Freelance Mage's existence: Erusian mages loyal to the TSAB, not to their homeworld.
Either works I made a planet that has some of those elements though it joined largely by choice it still has some subtle dissidence going on.

Quote:
...This is kinda fun.
Well that is the point of all this, I do find just debating and coming up with background and theories one of the more enjoyable aspect of the entire process myself.
Old 2007-11-04, 06:05   Link #14878
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
And that's where the contrast is. Almaria is still comfortable around Busters, but she doesn't do well in melee.
Some comparison, some contrast, even better.

Quote:

*everyone watches*

Quote:
Preview!

Spoiler:

Preview II!

Spoiler:

He looks evil there in the sky.
Old 2007-11-04, 06:07   Link #14879
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Slow weekends are SLOW... Anyway, I guess I should be thanksful for the chance to do some easier catchingup. BTW...

@arkhangelsk: Welcome to the OC thread. I'll admit it was a bit of a surprise, considering you said that you closed the lid on this thread back then in the Manga thread. But then, it's not really uncommon since we get humbug and Jimmy C as non-OC makers that hang out here frequently.
I have basically closed my lid, but every so often I do click on "Last Page" and poke a periscope in. If Keroko's post wasn't #14841, and thus at the very top of a page, it is very likely I'd just have left without noticing the debate.
Old 2007-11-04, 06:11   Link #14880
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

KAOS SUPA SUNDAY SLAMMER!!!

(Yes, it's Sunday here...)

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Mai: Even though the potion no longer works.......I was aware all along........
Smith: Err Mai? Its not like you to use so many words in one sentence...What are you trying to sa-? *pinned down by Mai*
Mai (uncharacteristically sexy voice): My....deepest...desires....
Mai: Itadakimasu...
Smith: I'm in paradise~~~

The potion wore out but she's still OOC! *runs like the wind*

"Got a black magic woman...
Got a black magic woman...
Ive got a black magic woman,
Got me so blind I cant see.
That shes a black magic woman,
Shes trying to make a devil out of me~"

Quote:
[LoweGear]Roricon roricon Roricon roricon Roricon roricon Roricon roricon Roricon roricon Roricon roricon Roricon roricon Roricon roricon Roricon roricon Roricon roricon Roricon roricon Roricon roricon Roricon roricon[/LoweGear]
FlameSparkZ isn't a roricon !>_<!

He just likes to make use of them!!

I mean! He just likes their company!!!

I MEAN! He just PREFERS them over grown women!!!!

I MEAN! H-HE... !!!!!

Quote:
Then the Gemini sisters must be in!!!
Fill up your application forms then

With their particulars and a few photos

Quote:
Beware Keroko-tan.
She doesn't need to know

Quote:
Nah you didn't need to "accumulate energy" for such a comeback anyway.
I.S First (Now with a new name!)... Unleashed Desires.

Quote:
You do? I meant goody two shoe fluffy and romantic, etc etc, kind of good.

Koji: "Maren... Zutto, Soba ni-te kurasai..."

(Now when the hell did I start learning all this...?)

Quote:
I don't care, I wanna stay sane. >.<'
Then you're on the wrong side of cyber-space my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
C2F'S next Harem list, targetting them in order from top to bottom

OI OI! That's not it! It's the new list for the Blood Market!

But that doesn't matter! The point IS-!!!

... It's not from top to bottom.

Quote:
Now when did I say that?

That's the proverbial green-light to go wild if I've ever seen one

Quote:

BTW, that part about the real Erio getting revived as Nero idea is pretty cool.
One of my better stroke of genius...

And rather than revive... A better use is re-used

Quote:
Well, I have Mel...

<pauses> Tsundere? No. Dojikko? Kinda, but not really? MILF? Definitely not. Yamato Nadeshiko? Not even Earthling...

She looks great in a swimsuit...
Oh-Hooo~ ?

... On second thoughts nevermind <.< Not my type... >.>

Quote:
Sure.

Starfire's probably my favorite - her version of English is just too funny.

Quote:
Mel Yoshitaka.

She's probably the best looking, and definitely the most racked out of the current list.
Heh, sure sure... Why not? if you say so...

01. Keroko (Keroko >.>)
02. Maren (FSZ)
03. Mai (LoweGear)
04. Mel (Reiji)
05. Sophia (Kha... At my digression )
06. ???
07. ???
08. ???
09. ???
10. Spica (C2F)

I can extend to 12 if there's not enough space...

Quote:
Uh, "it"?

I have the strangest feeling when I said that ...

Yes... Soon, you'll feel nothing at all...

Then, you would join our ranks brother...

Quote:
I need time to ponder!

[Alter-ego]But, if you really want to, just do it.[/Alter-ego]
Or do you have no faith in her

Quote:
Oi, oi, I'm not a serial murderer.
For now, but soon you will join our ranks and-

Quote:
Uh, underwater radar? Isn't it ... sonar?

*runs from imminent torpedo strike*
Silence you fool!

Just nod your head and pretend you understand! Or else The Godfather would kill you, your family...!

Quote:
Really? Judging from Jeno's cold monologues speaking of how he was before he met Spica, I must've thought he was already one then...

Whatever.
Jeno was just one bored and lost kid with not a care in the world, and nothing on his mind but to become stronger for no reasons other than because

P.S - No brooding

Quote:
For something that isn't a moe competition, the listed ones are more so moe than OTHER legit participants.
G-Guzenda >.>

(I think that's how it's spelled)

Quote:
Erio's, Lowe's, USB's, Kha's, Reiji's, mine...

Obviously you haven't been doing your homework. :/
I come here because I don't want to do my homework

In fact, I haven't done any homework for 3 years... Not that I don't have any, I just... >.>

... Pretend this never happened.

Quote:
Question at Chaos:

Might be wrong here but the Stain program is merely a offshoot of Sipher with him being the master program right? Would Sipher have the ability to override those with the Stain inside them at any time?

Sipher has control to all Stain programs, that's how he could sent mini-Sipher to guide the Destroyer-Canidates through their Initation...

HOWEVER, this is only because the Stain program for that is a newborn and couldn't do anything... During this time, mini-Sipher would be with it and it's host every step of the way, teaching them the ropes.

As it evolves, Sipher would have less control over the program. Once it becomes Sentient, Sipher could only observe it, but cannot affect it's decision directly in anyway...

Unless he REALLY wants/needs to... As in REALLY REALLY... As in "Even-if-it-kills-me" kind of really... As in "If-it's-the-last-thing-I'll-ever-do" kind of really...

(Yup, I'm making this up as I go along Sue me >.>)

Quote:
*wakes up*

Wuzzt? Did cha say somethunk?

*watches fly buzz past*

*swats one*

*falls asleep*
It's okay, I don't exist...

P.S - I want to do something a LITTLE special today...

...But dinner first.
Closed Thread