AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-08-08, 04:20   Link #521
abc0716

Just started watching this Anime last week, poor those girls, one of them are already become nuts....

On the latest episode...

Miki should take the baseball bat (between the locker & wash basin) with her before she leave the safe room...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 04:29   Link #522
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Also for all those who wonder about the broken glass:

In Project Zomboid the first thing Zombies do is either bumping against windows or glass until they are through. That is just what might have happeened here.
Not a very fun thing though as the braking glass sound attracts more Zeds.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2015-08-08 at 04:43.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 07:15   Link #523
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
If this was IRL, I'm not sure what I would have done. If it poses no big danger, you should try to help that person. However, if you risk losing members from your ground for a complete stranger, it might not be the correct call --- as cruel as it may sound. Not everyone can be saved and not everyone is worth saving in life or death situations.

We can't predict the outcome.

If they didn't have the thing that made a lot of sound and somehow confused those zombies, the stranger would have died and our MC would likely have died too.
I like your opinion on the matter about Yuki. The outcome is indeed unpredictable.

Having a delusional / unpredictable person in group is a real danger to everyone. As proven by the fact that Yuki just ran towards the place where zombies are crowded near the piano .. it could have been their end right there. Only saved by the alarm.

Hmm, maybe they should not be bringing Yuki out of school like that again.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 08:49   Link #524
zeando
maybenotimome

^ dunno, but wasn't yuki out of her delusion when she went toward miki?
that scene did look as yuki was taking a pause from her fantasy world from the moment she did hear someone calling for help, and even when she did see miki on the piano she wouldn't have had a flash about megumi if she wasn't aware of the zombies there, she rushed in fully aware of what was happening, so she may have been reckless but not delusional in that scene
but in that case it was not possible to save anyone without taking risks

Last edited by zeando; 2015-08-08 at 09:08.
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 09:07   Link #525
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Yep, Yuki was lucid during that point.

As for why Kurumi and the others make it a point to baby Yuki and play along with her delusions, can't really answer that without delving into manga details.
Old 2015-08-08, 15:18   Link #526
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Yep, Yuki was lucid during that point.

As for why Kurumi and the others make it a point to baby Yuki and play along with her delusions, can't really answer that without delving into manga details.
We don't know the full story. We will have to see what happened at the moment of her mental breakdown.

I suspect that those girls tried to tell her the truth, but she wouldn't listen. Sometimes it's easier to just play along. We'll have to see the full story before judging if what they did was good or not.

Also, leaving Yuki alone in school is not a good idea... she might venture somewhere and get bitten. Sometimes, the best way to protect someone is to bring them along, even if it's dangerous.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 15:38   Link #527
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
^ dunno, but wasn't yuki out of her delusion when she went toward miki?
that scene did look as yuki was taking a pause from her fantasy world from the moment she did hear someone calling for help, and even when she did see miki on the piano she wouldn't have had a flash about megumi if she wasn't aware of the zombies there, she rushed in fully aware of what was happening, so she may have been reckless but not delusional in that scene
Since she saw Megu-nee in that instance maybe she thought thats who she was saving. Like her mind trying to fix what she couldnt do the first time. But yeah thats the only part of this epi 5 that was off for me since we saw how her body reacts when she see zombies. The fact she went all gung-ho for Miki went against everything she normally does. Maybe will get an explanation next epi.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 16:34   Link #528
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Taking risks is one thing, but Yuki had no means to help Miki, so she ended up endangering everyone pointlessly when she rushed in. After leading the girls to Miki, she should have let Kurumi and Yuuri handle things.

But then again, I think the point of that scene was that Yuki couldn't stay put because she bears a trauma. That's also why I don't think she was totally lucid. Just enough for her unconscious to make the connection to Megu-nee, which caused her to snap momentarily.
Old 2015-08-08, 17:19   Link #529
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post

According to ANN, there will only be 12 episodes? That's too short!
There isn't a whole lot of manga right now (well 36 chapters or so) so it'll probably end right around where the manga is now unless they veer off and end it their own way.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-08, 19:57   Link #530
NaweG
Just some guy

On all the damage, consider all the "fun" things that can happen in Japan (or really anywhere) and imagine what the buildings would look like if left to almost total neglect. A typhoon or two and maybe an earthquake would be more than enough to explain a lot of it.

Consider also all the commercial and amateur (and military) planes in the air at one time. Particularly jumbo jets and bombers would have large enough crews to possibly be zombified mid-flight.

FWIW...
Old 2015-08-09, 00:35   Link #531
rladls2121

I heard someone made a joke about how JSDF are in the other fantasy world and that's the reason the help won't come.
I wonder if that kind of makes sense?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-09, 01:25   Link #532
whitecloud

i guess in the beginning everyone think it is a disease and acted waaay to late when they realize, some got bitten and hid their status from other, some cant kill their beloved friend and other people? all those bad combi...
Old 2015-08-09, 02:40   Link #533
Botan_TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
some cant kill their beloved friend and other people? all those bad combi...
If zombies really have some memories and they are walking between home and work, I feel really sorry for family members, barricaded in houses...
Old 2015-08-09, 03:26   Link #534
Hmm....

On topic of three girls team. I don't think any of them is more or less important than other. Kurumi is the brawl. Rii is the brain. And, Yuki is the heart. They are equally important. Yuki's not only cheer everyone up. Having someone broken before you can prevent you from breaking yourself. You become more responsible when there is someone relying on you as well. So Yuki isn't entirely useless.

If there is one thing that bugged me in this episode, it's that zombies are exceedingly stupid so the girls can survive. All these stuffs would never work IRL. Yuki would get them killed ages ago. While I do understand that this story is a slice of life with some zombie and psychological element, not the other way around. I can see some people may be a bit disappointed about it.
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-09, 08:52   Link #535
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Is there anyone who seriously think they should abandon Yuki? That's horrible.

Even if she was totally useless (which she's not) it would be horrible nonetheless. Taking care and protecting Yuki despite her issues is what shows they still haven lost their humanity. If they abandoned her, they wouldn't be better than beasts, and then it wouldn't even matter if they survived or not.
It depends... I mean, that's easy for you to say and judge from the comfort of your own home.
Now, given that these zombies are apparently pretty slow and useless overall for plot convenience, the danger here might not be as high as you'd normally expect from such a situation. It may be safe to keep her.

But yes, if it came down to it and these zombies took their job a bit more seriously, I would at the very least be contemplating getting rid of her. Sorry, but she's a liability. She screams, she is noisy and careless, she isn't lucid most of the time, and she could get everyone killed. If I had to chose between risking everyone else to protect her, or keep everyone else safe, she'd probably have to go. I'd try to make it work for as long as possible, but if it came down to it, I'd leave her behind.

And I disagree that this reflects on your humanity. Sure, it's cold and maybe cruel, but this isn't Disneyland. Rational decisions have to be made in these situations, even if they're not pretty and may seem 'mean' from the comfort of our chairs Sure, you can pretend everything is sunshine and daisies and die, but I wouldn't sacrifice everyone for one girl I don't even know particularly well.
Old 2015-08-09, 09:10   Link #536
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
And I disagree that this reflects on your humanity. Sure, it's cold and maybe cruel, but this isn't Disneyland. Rational decisions have to be made in these situations, even if they're not pretty and may seem 'mean' from the comfort of our chairs Sure, you can pretend everything is sunshine and daisies and die, but I wouldn't sacrifice everyone for one girl I don't even know particularly well.
the rationality of that sort of decision seems questionable too, feel there is still some emotive reason for wanting to get rid of her cause she's "annoying"
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-09, 09:27   Link #537
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
If there is one thing that bugged me in this episode, it's that zombies are exceedingly stupid so the girls can survive. All these stuffs would never work IRL. Yuki would get them killed ages ago. While I do understand that this story is a slice of life with some zombie and psychological element, not the other way around. I can see some people may be a bit disappointed about it.
I don't think zombies intelligence/capabilities are up for debate on how it would turn out IRL, as we have no zombies and do not know which rules they would follow.

In any case, the zombies have never been particularly fast in this show, the real danger is in how easy it is to get infected with a simple injury.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-09, 09:45   Link #538
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
the rationality of that sort of decision seems questionable too, feel there is still some emotive reason for wanting to get rid of her cause she's "annoying"
Not really, no.
Old 2015-08-09, 12:24   Link #539
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
I don't think zombies intelligence/capabilities are up for debate on how it would turn out IRL, as we have no zombies and do not know which rules they would follow.

In any case, the zombies have never been particularly fast in this show, the real danger is in how easy it is to get infected with a simple injury.
Well, if zombies are real, I'd be surprised if they can still move given how their muscles are either eaten, shredded, or decayed. I suspect the ones mobile are ones that only got bitten, managed to escape intact and turned. And if they remotely follow the rules of biological physics, then you'll have a pretty quick zombie that has all the capabilities of a human with possibly a carnal mentality. Like I said before, rabies is probably the nearest thing to a real life zombie infection...the infected are no longer mentally conscious (especially in animals) and they have the urge to attack and bite.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-09, 13:05   Link #540
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Since she saw Megu-nee in that instance maybe she thought thats who she was saving. Like her mind trying to fix what she couldnt do the first time. But yeah thats the only part of this epi 5 that was off for me since we saw how her body reacts when she see zombies. The fact she went all gung-ho for Miki went against everything she normally does. Maybe will get an explanation next epi.
I think you are right with that. Maybe Yuki wasn't delusional in the first days/weeks of the zombie apocalypse but when that "Megu-nee with bleeding arm standing before zombie mob" flashback happened and the girls were on their own she became fully delusional with Megu-nee as its center, who always pops up if she tries to leave school to go home. Like nobody else interacts as much with Yuki asMegu-nee does in the happy normal imagined world of Yuki, neither the classmates nor the teachers come close to the amount of time and words spend as Yuki has with Megu-nee.

Which brings me to the OP which seems to change every couple episodes so far:

Spoiler:

As we all know OP1 was the "fake" one, the one that showed a normal school, students going into it, no damage to doors or classrooms or windows, etc. OP2 then showed us the whole real package as well as changing the classmate scene into the zombie classmates stumbling around in the classroom. Oh and Taromarou having a leash now. XD
Besides that we also noticed from Op2 that Yuki shadow runnign scenes through school shows the normal and happy illusion in her shade whereas around it we see the real deal aka destroyed classrooms or barricaded doors and such.
And with OP5 we see the sunny Kei leaving into a dark mall full of Zombies~~~

That begs the question, what gonna happen to Taroumarou and Megu-nee in future OPs? Megu-nee is pretty clear as now we know she is dead. In other words, what we see in the OP is not the "real" smiling Megu-nee but the one Yuki imagines to be around. So changing her OP scene would be akin to a change within Yuki's mind aka accepting reality and that in it there is no more smiling Megu-nee around.

Another thing that changed in this OP was the tiny winsy aprt where Yuki steps into some kind of "color puddle" before jumping into the arms of her friends.In the past OPs that part had always been blue with a little white and pink. In this OP they changed that part into this:

Dark purple and black appears now, perhaps signs of Yuki's fake world falling apart/her mind trying to come back? Or is it perhaps even a dark omen kinda thingie as in that her happy go lucky action puts her group in danger.
'cause from the looks of it, the purple above Kurumi's head got darker in this OP than it had been in the previous OPs. Maybe due her raising a death flag by asking Rii-san to finish her off if she gets bitten?

Man, the OP itself is creepy as heck if you think about it with its lyrics and constant changes...

Tags
manga time kirara, read the manga, seinen, slice of life, zombie apocalypse