Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-09, 12:25   Link #141
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijuu View Post
I also liked Shiki, are all male leads to this season so badass?
I assume you mean Yuuki. Rather than badass, I thought he was a bit of a douche, ignoring Pink like that, and then simply stating he won't have to close his window anymore upon learning of her death. That was cold

Overall, I loved this episode. Great atmosphere. The only thing bothering me is the chara design: some characters look gorgeous (like that red haired girl, forgot her name) and others look absolutely hilarious, almost as if there were two different character designers working on the show. I hope I'll get used to it soon.
Old 2010-07-09, 13:18   Link #142
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

@Above

What part of this post do you not understand...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Guys watch it with the spoilers, I know it wasnt anything huge but what I deleted, most of us watching would not have figured out just based on the first epi. Be careful ok This is anime-only so nothing outside of what happened in epi 1 should be discussed.
There are way too many spoilers in this season's animes' threads...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 13:22   Link #143
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah i already reported the post. I seriously wish people would just read the damn rules already. That was one spoiler i could have done without knowing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The only thing bothering me is the chara design: some characters look gorgeous (like that red haired girl, forgot her name) and others look absolutely hilarious, almost as if there were two different character designers working on the show. I hope I'll get used to it soon.
I kinda agree with you, though it didn't really bother me as much. I quite like the way they stand out, and it makes it quite a unique part of the series. It's not everyday we see such outrages hair styles for this kind of story.
Old 2010-07-09, 14:10   Link #144
Silverwyrm

one thing about the character designs I noticed from the manga (I'm not posting spoilers, I keep those to pms) is that the given the very large cast of supporting characters, even if I dont remember all their names the odd designs really differentiate all of them. Just by seeing them I quickly recognize them and their previous parts, you really cant make mistakes about similar/generic looking characters, so it actually works out quite well (at least for me).

EDIT: to put it simply, the shocking designs give each character a sort of instant recognition, given the large support cast, it helps a lot.

Last edited by Silverwyrm; 2010-07-09 at 14:59.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 14:15   Link #145
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Plan to watch havent yet . Saw the OP and it looks quite nice . When I find time will check it out OP looks promising so far
Old 2010-07-09, 14:26   Link #146
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
one thing about the character designs I noticed from the manga (I'm not posting spoilers, I keep those to pms) is that the given the very large cast of supporting characters, even if I dont remember all their names the odd designs really differentiate all of them. Just by seeing them I quickly recognize them and their previous parts, you really cant make mistakes about similar/generic looking characters, so it actually works out quite well (at least for me).
Wow, y'know I did dislike the designs at first, but since you said that it makes alot of sense.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 15:21   Link #147
Nijuu
Please don't hate me

Quote:
I assume you mean Yuuki. Rather than badass, I thought he was a bit of a douche, (...)
Oh, my bad

He must have a reason to act like that. He seems different from HoTD "badass". He's colder. Maybe a kuudere? Or maybe he's just too "inhuman".

Anyway, nice characters.
Nijuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 16:14   Link #148
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

To keep track of the various characters, I've made a characters/seiyuus chart with pics of characters and their seiyuus, and info about both the character and the seiyuu.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 16:28   Link #149
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
To keep track of the various characters, I've made a characters/seiyuus chart with pics of characters and their seiyuus, and info about both the character and the seiyuu.
Yay! A scorecard! Now as the series goes on, we can add big Xs over the ones who die.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 18:30   Link #150
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Don't refer to any specific characters. You could spoil it for everybody. Talk as if you've never seen the anime before in your life. Premise of anime looks good. Colors are nice. The horror appears to be playing well.
Spoiler for Why do we have this button:
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 18:34   Link #151
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelLuvsPnut View Post
Don't refer to any specific characters. You could spoil it for everybody. Talk as if you've never seen the anime before in your life. Premise of anime looks good. Colors are nice. The horror appears to be playing well.
Spoiler for Why do we have this button:
Read the Spoiler Policy even spoilers under tags are not allowed in series discussion threads. Anything not shown in the episode may not be elaborated on with the use of spoilers. We have that button for use in threads that allow spoilers but maybe people dont want to read them, ie manga threads, speculation threads, so on and so forth.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 19:10   Link #152
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Sorry, I kinda freaked cause I got so angry. I'll try to be more careful.

May I say that, it would be awesome if a toy company actually produced a real (name omited) snowglobe as seen in the series opening animation?
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 19:14   Link #153
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
I assume you mean Yuuki. Rather than badass, I thought he was a bit of a douche, ignoring Pink like that, and then simply stating he won't have to close his window anymore upon learning of her death. That was cold
I felt exactly the same way at his last scene, like OUCH.

This is the best first episode of the season so far for me (though I've only seen a meager 4 of them), though, rather than being due to the animation, character design or acting etc...it's probably because the story seems quite gripping. And whilst I love Houshin Engi (the manga) to pieces, Fujisaki Ryu's character designs strike me as odd here, given the atmosphere. Might have to wait for them to grow on me.

For those looking for it, the next episode preview's up on the website.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-07-09 at 20:29.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 19:52   Link #154
Fishfood1

i'm probably going to miss that pink hair girl, megumi.

also that yuuki, can't believe he said that line at the end after megumi died.

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 20:40   Link #155
Kakkou
Tch.

I would be creeped out too if some bratty girl kept persistently staring at me through my window every night. I remember not enjoying the first chapter of the manga because of Megumi and it was the same here as well. I'm just as apathetic as Yuuki was regarding her death, if not slightly glad that they could now focus on someone else.

Decent start, but I'm sure things will get much better. Love the OP sequence and the manga to anime conversion went very well.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 21:08   Link #156
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Well, they definetely followed the manga's prologue without really omitting any "important" detail. I'm pretty satisfied, even with the VA choices.

Next episode and the following ones should have enough information and hints for those who are not reading the manga. I think you'll like it.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 21:18   Link #157
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Maybe it was my imagination, but I felt a bit of subtext in Yuuki Natsuno's cadence and look, as if he was beginning to feel a bit guilty. Like he thought he should be relieved, but actually was realizing that he may have been somehow complicit.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-07-09 at 21:29.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 21:33   Link #158
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So is there anther anime where alot of people die after going up the house
Old 2010-07-09, 21:48   Link #159
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Man, and I thought the characters from Yu-Gi-Oh had funky hairstyles. This is just too much

Eh, the first episode didn't exactly grab me, but I thought it was pretty good. Sucks that Megumi had to go. I loved her pink hair (her personality, not so much)
I also liked the doggie.
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 22:23   Link #160
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I never thought I'd be annoyed at anything Haruka Tomatsu does but God I felt almost happy that irritatingly selfish girl Megumi kicked the bucket. I don't know really if it's because of the character or if Haruka Tomatsu is THAT good.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire