Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-09, 21:06   Link #161
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokoru Asami View Post
So far this show has caught my attention, now if only the quality didn't suck SO much!
By the way can someone explain the order of the series of novels.
check out the first post of the first page.

its an incomplete list.
but anyways,
The Legend of the Legendary Heroes light novels have 11 volumes which is what this anime is trying to cover.

The Legend of Legendary Heroes Anyway short story light novels are also 11 volumes long and are the side stories to compliment to the main plot that expand more light hearted stories and expand more on supporting characters.

The Legend of the Great Heroes of Legend
light novels are currently ongoing at 8 volumes and is the sequel to Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu. As the author once said he orginally wanted to write this novel first but realized its scope and character back stories are to complex so he wrote Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu to establish the back story and motivations for the main cast of characters.

The Legend of the Black Fallen Hero the side short stories for the sequel currently at 5 volumes.

which makes this thing 35 volumes as of now.

Last edited by Angrypokstick; 2010-07-09 at 22:50.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 22:50   Link #162
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
that my sir is the underlying plotline that connects oh so many things. to explain it would simply spoil way to much of the story. besides its so long i wouldn't even know where to start.
considering that it took a sequel(densetsu no yussha is a prequel ,if you did your research) to reveal the shocking truth behind ryner's eye, and the truth is quite shocking to be honest.
really? wow... this seems like a long and complicated story. But if the anime doesn't cover the sequel, doesn't that mean we'd never find out what the real truth is?

and I agree with what people said here. They really should have started off with episode 2 than 1. It's so much more interesting! darn that cliffhanger.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 23:29   Link #163
Terizent
Nonsense!

I just watched the ep 1 subs on FUNi, and I noticed that Keifer is actually there crying. So she's probably not the spy then...
Terizent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 01:18   Link #164
ninja_pintu

Really? Oh dang. And here I was hoping that something happens to her in next episode-_-
Old 2010-07-10, 03:31   Link #165
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
anyone got any ideas on the spy?
I'm wondering if it's the obvious choices or someone thats just played off screen for now.
I've gotta go with Kiefer like most people here. The way the camera jumped straight to her after the mention of a spy makes it a bit obvious, along with how much she wanted Rnyer to get away from the battle field. Using the excuse that he's weak was a good cover up.
Old 2010-07-10, 03:56   Link #166
SemperMalum

After watching episode 2, I'm definitely more impressed now with the anime.

They totally went Beserk style on this, which is unfortunate as that can lose viewers who think the rest of the series is going to be a mess.

I wonder if the light novels are translated? Or would I have to learn how to read Japanese to be able to read them?

So far, so good with the anime. I'm intrigued and can't wait for more. This anime season has had a few good hits.
SemperMalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 04:15   Link #167
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

This anime gives me deja vu, so far. There's been fantasy anime for decades and this formular has been around since the 1990s, at least. And if you've played "Tales of" games, you may find this familiar. It's yet another high fantasy anime series.

Funimation really think this series has a formula that could make it popular outside of Japan since they're simulcasting it. It's slated for a 24-26 episode run in Japan.

It could be good. It's starting off rather well. It's got my attention. I'll probably keep watching.

I have to say that the animation is not that great, maybe it's just the style. They seem to be obsessed with glare and bloom lighting. It's kind of annoying. You can portray a sunny day without making the walls glow or blinding the camera.

From what I read here. We can expect 24-26 episodes for this series which cover the first 11 chapters and some side stories of the series? Can we expect a cliffhanger ending for season 1 and a second season to finish off the series?
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 06:46   Link #168
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I've gotta go with Kiefer like most people here. The way the camera jumped straight to her after the mention of a spy makes it a bit obvious, along with how much she wanted Rnyer to get away from the battle field. Using the excuse that he's weak was a good cover up.
Yeah it seemed pretty obvious to me. I'd be more surprised if she wasn't the spy really. Obviously she doesn't want Ryner getting killed. Wonder what they have on her since from first impressions she doesn't seem the type to willingly lead a group into a massacre.
Old 2010-07-10, 07:17   Link #169
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah it seemed pretty obvious to me. I'd be more surprised if she wasn't the spy really. Obviously she doesn't want Ryner getting killed. Wonder what they have on her since from first impressions she doesn't seem the type to willingly lead a group into a massacre.
hmmm maybe i'll agree with them too...cuz probably everybody getting killed...Keifer selling her classmates just to kill Shion and Ryner thought its a pain in the ass might just get rid of them and got carried away and start choking them with his alpha stigma still activated hehehehe! well don't wanna see that commin!

PS: Now I remember Lucille's VA...It's Kyon from M.S.Haruhi!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2010-07-10 at 08:11.
pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 08:01   Link #170
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Maybe she's blackmailed into it? She really doesn't seem like someone with evil intention at all.

Though someone's trying to sexually assault her in the preview...
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 08:13   Link #171
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Maybe she's blackmailed into it? She really doesn't seem like someone with evil intention at all.
Yeah could be blackmail, or she could have her own reasons for wanting Sion dead. Hard to say at this point.
Old 2010-07-10, 09:42   Link #172
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Highly enjoyable second episode. Now we're getting somewhere. The opening -- especially the dog -- really catches your attention.

As for Kifa, I liked her. She seemed vivid and real. I particularly liked her seiyuu, Oura Fuyuka (most recently Otake in House of Five Leaves). Much as I normally like Takagaki Ayahi (Feris), this time Oura-san seemed more real, and Ayahi seemed (intentionally?) stiff.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 10:05   Link #173
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post

From what I read here. We can expect 24-26 episodes for this series which cover the first 11 chapters and some side stories of the series? Can we expect a cliffhanger ending for season 1 and a second season to finish off the series?
11chapters and 11 volume means very different things. I find it hard to imagine a faithful reproduction of 11 separte novel in 26 episodes possible considering that a series like durarara!! Which is a faithful reproduction of the novel took 24 episode to do 3 volumes (though durarara is a exposition heavy book).

Judging by the characters shown in the op i say they at least plan to go to volume 6. Still so far they covered about 1/3 of a side story volume and the first segment of volume 1.
Since it is zexcs i won t be suprised if they try to rush the story.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 13:23   Link #174
TJR

Durarara!! is padded with a ton of filler. If you're doing a faithful light novel adaptation, three novels in 24 episodes is excessive (probably five would be good).
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 15:51   Link #175
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Just watched epi 1....aside from the fact that FukuJun is once again voicing a character with weird eyes I found it very enjoyable. I like the comedy and the chemisty between Reiner and Ferris (going off how they were called).

Sion-sama *_* OnoD *_*

Will definitely watch epi 2 now.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 16:11   Link #176
Kokoru Asami
*Graphic Designer

@Angrypokstick: Thanks, i see now thats a lot of books.
I dont mind that they started the first episode as is but as long as they stick to the LN as closely as possible ( which rarely happens) its worth it.
Old 2010-07-10, 16:27   Link #177
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

Saw the funimation release for episode 1 and 2 and I really enjoyed them, especially episode 2. It seems next episode is going to be even better with the release of the Alpha Stigma.

I also though that Keifer would be the spy, but I don't think she would be o.k with Ryner getting tortured while she just watches. Well I'm just looking forward to some major pawning and choking for the next episode.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 16:29   Link #178
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I don't think it's possible for 26 episodes anime to cover up 11 volumes of light novels.
Koukaku no Regios anime 24 episodes only cover 7 volumes of LN. And is considered not canon.
TAMNI 26 episodes only cover up 6 volumes of LN, and they cut the scene with the crossbow guy off.
26 episodes for 11 volumes? It'll only possible if the contents of those 11 LNs are shorter bt half of those anime I mentioned.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 17:04   Link #179
yuiichi9

Can anyone tell me if ferris and ryner become a couple in the novels that are ongoing or at least like each other in the romantic sense?
yuiichi9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 17:10   Link #180
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Wait, I'm a bit confused, so the events in episode 1 should be sometime in the future after episode 2, right? And the story continues from episode 2? So are they doing something like in Baccano!? Because it's a very difficult thing to do, Baccano! can be considered to do it well and it's still confusing and spoilery.

Nevertheless, I enjoy episode 2, finally some things are starting to make sense. And I have to got to stop looking at previews, it casts some doubt to all the hints that points out that Keifer is possibly the spy. I wonder how smart the writer is, could all these be just a red herring and there's a double twist? You know, the fact that it's so obvious makes it certain that it's not as it seems? If so, I'm choosing the other girl in the party to be the spy, I just got a feeling. In any case, even if Kiefer is the spy I think she's either forced to do that or she has a personal grudge, being betrayed by either Sion or her country.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen