AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-15, 09:01   Link #721
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Which group subbed it? Can't seem to find it around.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 11:51   Link #722
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Which group subbed it? Can't seem to find it around.
Ruri. They labeled it as episode 13, so that's why probably why you can't find it.
Old 2010-10-15, 11:56   Link #723
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Yeah checked around and saw it was labeled 13. Thanks.
Old 2010-10-15, 19:33   Link #724
Haladflire65
*Artist

^ yeah, I've seen them on Youtube, up to Hekketsuroku episode 2. But I think things are getting really confusing because some sites seem to be conting the recap as episode 13 but others don't....

More new scans of Hekketsuroku

I keep feeling like they're making Toshi's eyes too big and sparkly in the illustrations >.< I'm also a bit disappointed in the lack of detail in his new uniform, compared to the beautiful game designs... *sigh*
Old 2010-10-15, 23:43   Link #725
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well they're... really shipping a certain pair in the ED...
Old 2010-10-16, 00:13   Link #726
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Why is there no thread for the new Hakuouki season? o_o

My bishie meter went on to the roof when they changed to western clothes. Now I'm not too enaged in the story, but I'm having SO MUCH LACK in the shoujo department so I'm gonna follow anything that has a girl as the main character. >_<;;
Old 2010-10-16, 03:41   Link #727
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
Why is there no thread for the new Hakuouki season? o_o
No one ever felt the need to create one, so we're just using this thread.
Old 2010-10-16, 03:51   Link #728
Joojoobees

I really loved that march (music) as they were heading towards the castle at the end of ep. 13. Should be interesting to see what happens.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 04:50   Link #729
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'd be lying if I said I missed this show, but it's still good to have it back. The western clothing suit the shinsengumi members well, I could almost go gay for them... Hijikata and Saito look amazing.

Chizuru looks a bit badass in the OP. Could it be that she'll finally stop being only a damsel in distress in this season?
Old 2010-10-16, 09:15   Link #730
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well they're... really shipping a certain pair in the ED...
Well, their route is the main game route so I'm guessing they'll end up together.... I know not many people are happy about that

I drooled at the Western clothes. Hijikata is even more beautiful than before, if that was even possible And Saito's button fail was the cutest thing ever!!!!

I'm also excited to see a more intense and fast-moving plot, following the games, I hope. Hijikata's route sounded amazing, and perfect for anime adaptation (don't know about the others, but I'm pretty sure they'd want to use his since it's the only one that follows the Shinsengumi till the end). Tragedy! Violence! Action! Please! Don't disappoint me like S1 did

I'm still confused as to when the episodes are aired, though. Saturday or Monday?
Old 2010-10-16, 15:35   Link #731
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Finally found season 2, darn name change made me lost for a while there. orz

Have only been able to see the OP and ED but I must say...preeetttyyy. O_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
I drooled at the Western clothes. Hijikata is even more beautiful than before, if that was even possible
That image was what caught my attention to this series/game in the first place. XD

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 16:26   Link #732
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Okay, Chi is just not my taste, at all. Why is she standing there why Inoue is getting slaughtered? And she has the nerve to lecture people on being real warriors? Hell, I don't know how to fight at all but I would have tried to do something. Anything. IO would have jumped on one of the attackers. This is just beyond ridiculous.

And if I have to see her be so damn happy to get tea for someone one more time, I think I will start doodling on her face.

But the western clothes looked good.

And we can move this back to the currently airing, please?
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 12:46   Link #733
Haladflire65
*Artist

Speaking of Chizuru.... is it possible to hate a two-demensional character so much? Every time she does her high-pitched "Hijikata-san~~" I want to strangle her. I think one of Hauouki's fatal flaws is the simply awful damsel-in-distress main character.

We've been wanting to move this to airing for a while now.... *waits some more*
Old 2010-10-17, 15:47   Link #734
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Edited the title to show both seaons discussions
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 16:03   Link #735
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Speaking of Chizuru.... is it possible to hate a two-demensional character so much? Every time she does her high-pitched "Hijikata-san~~" I want to strangle her. I think one of Hauouki's fatal flaws is the simply awful damsel-in-distress main character.

We've been wanting to move this to airing for a while now.... *waits some more*
But prob more than a few Asian females love this. Just look at the Korean dramas based on the princess model. Disney is raking it in with Beauty and the Beast.

If Chizuru kisses Hiji in a princess moment, I bet a lot of females are going to be happy.
Old 2010-10-17, 19:56   Link #736
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But prob more than a few Asian females love this. Just look at the Korean dramas based on the princess model. Disney is raking it in with Beauty and the Beast.

If Chizuru kisses Hiji in a princess moment, I bet a lot of females are going to be happy.
Actually, if Chizuru pulls out her sword and begins fighting side-by-side with Hijikata...this female is going to be happy. I had hopes that she would actually have a backbone when I started watching this series but...hope is waning.

For the first episode (in the second season), love the scene with Saito and his buttons - his expression was priceless. I also love the scene where Hijikata first appeared in his western clothes......forgot to breathe for a moment there.

I have a bad vibe about where the plot is heading...

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-10-17, 20:06   Link #737
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Actually, if Chizuru pulls out her sword and begins fighting side-by-side with Hijikata...this female is going to be happy. I had hopes that she would actually have a backbone when I started watching this series but...hope is waning.
I'm betting this is the wrong series then for you. She can't fight beside him because she doesn't possess the training or the killer instincts. At the most, she can maintain her medic status.

Just keep on saying to yourself "Her sword is the sword that protects..."
Old 2010-10-17, 20:10   Link #738
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post

For the first episode (in the second season), love the scene with Saito and his buttons - his expression was priceless. I also love the scene where Hijikata first appeared in his western clothes......forgot to breathe for a moment there.

I have a bad vibe about where the plot is heading...
If Hekketsuroku decides to follow the game, I'll be pretty happy about the plot. I'm highly doubting Chizuru would do anything interesting this season, either, though. It's Chizuru. What do you expect from her? At least we know that she's going to provide Toshi with her much-needed blood.... >.<

Saito's cuteness is unbeatable But I personally find Hijikata the most stunning in Western clothes. The design's just.... wow. Love his hair, too.
Old 2010-10-17, 20:49   Link #739
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:

Sorry, I have to call you out on this BS. That perception is just a perception that guys cling to.

It isn't what girls want. We want to be rescued, sure, but we also want to be able to take care of ourselves too. We want to be able to save the day too, or at least, not be a total and complete fuck up, and we want the girls in our entertainment to do the same. We are not that much different from men or beasts in this respect.

Please recognize that there's a difference between getting rescued and always bringing on crappy situations upon yourself and waiting for the guy to come rescue you. There is also a difference between constantly espousing self righteousness and indignation while you stand there and preach what you fail to do.

And moreover, it isn't even what girls want, it's like indoctrinating girls into thinking this is what they should and do want. So, it's like the vice versa of what you are arguing.

This is the worst case of subservient female I have seen in a long while, and like Halad, I asked myself whether it was possible to be this annoyed about a two dimensional character. What kind of protagonist just stands there and does nothing while a friend gets killed? And after 13 effing episodes and years with the gang, for chrissake. Or, if she was scared, at least run away.

It's unacceptable and it's just a major disservice to chalk it up to "well, they are just catering to the fanbase." The amount of annoyance you have read in this thread alone should already tell you that this isn't what we want.

And you keep on bringing in other titles to justify your position. What about the other side of the coin? Ripley? Sarah O'Connor? Buffy? Shurrei? Haruhi? Kajika? And even Belle in Beauty and the Beast took matters into her own hands, she was not helpless. She refused Gaston's advances perfectly. She had spunk. She knew when to sacrifice herself and when it was a useless endeavor. Chi knows nothing in this regard. It's just a terrible, awful, one plane character that I draw mustaches on in my spare time.

If anything, this is more of a male fantasy than a modern day female fantasy. "Look how happy I am when you tell me to make you tea!" "Look how happy I am to get you to eat!" "Look at how much I care for you by always telling you I need to be useful!" Disgusting.

And yet, I keep on watching. FML.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 21:14   Link #740
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
I'm betting this is the wrong series then for you. She can't fight beside him because she doesn't possess the training or the killer instincts. At the most, she can maintain her medic status.

Just keep on saying to yourself "Her sword is the sword that protects..."
I only watch this series for the bishies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
Sorry, I have to call you out on this BS. That perception is just a perception that guys cling to.

If anything, this is more of a male fantasy than a modern day female fantasy. "Look how happy I am when you tell me to make you tea!" "Look how happy I am to get you to eat!" "Look at how much I care for you by always telling you I need to be useful!" Disgusting.
It seems that most anime/manga portray females this way, sadly enough. Whenever I do find gems with strong female leads, I'll be thrilled but those are few and far in between. I've also noticed that in older animes/manga, there are more female characters portrayed stronger than they are now - of course, I could be wrong. But I've always wondered, is what reflected in anime/manga really the general perception of women in Japanese society?

[/TH][/TR][/table]

Tags
edo setting, josei, otome, shinsengumi