AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shin Sekai Yori

Notices

View Poll Results: Shin Sekai Yori - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 8 16.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 32.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 28.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-04, 21:50   Link #61
Boduar

Is it just me that gets super creeped by the eyes of that "head servant" of the friendly queerats colony. Everytime I see him I keep expecting him to stab one of the kids with the spear without even changing his facial features. If it was not for the fact it would be easier to have the "friendly" queerats just stab the kids in the back I almost would think their queen was dead and they were acting and replying as ordered by the tarantula colony.
Old 2012-11-05, 02:48   Link #62
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Guy's gone gung-ho which can't be great and amazing cliffhanger.

Love this show due to the fact it can keep up the tension.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-11-05, 11:33   Link #63
Gohan78
Awakened One

I think that the big mistake of this episode's director was the misplaced flashback. Before reading this thread I was wondering why Saki didn't have Satoru perform the unsealing ritual on her. Now I understand that Rijin made them forget their own mantra.
With the flashback placed just after Saki started hallucinating, I thought that Saki suddenly remembered all of the scene, including her own mantra.
They should have showed the "exchanging mantra" scene in a previous episode to avoid confusion.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2012-11-05, 21:06   Link #64
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
I think that the big mistake of this episode's director was the misplaced flashback. Before reading this thread I was wondering why Saki didn't have Satoru perform the unsealing ritual on her. Now I understand that Rijin made them forget their own mantra.
With the flashback placed just after Saki started hallucinating, I thought that Saki suddenly remembered all of the scene, including her own mantra.
They should have showed the "exchanging mantra" scene in a previous episode to avoid confusion.
Nah, I think the timing of the "hallucination" confused most spoiler-phobic viewers, if it was needed (in the anime) altogether, since they have skipped the reasoning behind it
Old 2012-11-06, 13:13   Link #65
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Weird epi. The acid trip was pretty darn funny to me espc Shun. Agree that the flashback should have been before she gave him his mantra back cuz I really thought Id missed something. Rest of the epi was good, Satoru is pretty bad ass with his powers.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2012-11-06, 20:06   Link #66
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Shin Sekai Yori confirmed to have Naked Newtype Time, a must for all series with psychic powers since Mobile Suit Gundam.
Old 2012-11-06, 20:56   Link #67
Kirarakim

I don't mind how Satoru got his power back and it makes sense, but I didn't like how the anime did this.

I would rather they have shown the mantra scene way earlier then this. Actually how I would have done it is in an earlier episode show the mantra scene (before they lost their power) but don't confirm until this episode that Saki saw Satoru's mantra. At least that would have built up to the solution better.
Old 2012-11-07, 21:26   Link #68
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Why does Satoru rely on Saki to sense where the enemies are? He specifically asks her to do this when they are standing in front of the bamboo forest. Even if she had her telekinetic powers, I don't see how that would help from an intelligence-gathering perspective. What can she see that he cannot? Or is it just that he is exhausted?
Old 2012-11-07, 22:11   Link #69
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Why does Satoru rely on Saki to sense where the enemies are? He specifically asks her to do this when they are standing in front of the bamboo forest. Even if she had her telekinetic powers, I don't see how that would help from an intelligence-gathering perspective. What can she see that he cannot? Or is it just that he is exhausted?
My impression is that he's just exhausted, so he's hoping that she can make his fighting a bit easier by finding his targets for him.

Whether or not the exhaustion is due to natural stamina loss occurring through heavy PK-use, or if it is due to death feedback, or some combination thereof, is a question I'm curious about.
Old 2012-11-08, 12:32   Link #70
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
My impression is that he's just exhausted, so he's hoping that she can make his fighting a bit easier by finding his targets for him.

Whether or not the exhaustion is due to natural stamina loss occurring through heavy PK-use, or if it is due to death feedback, or some combination thereof, is a question I'm curious about.
What 3xR wrote, plus he has to concentrate on using psychokinesis to eliminate the threats at hand, instead of scouting new ones.
Old 2012-11-08, 18:08   Link #71
Arya

The episode was better than the previous one (well to be honest I stopped the previous one once to check if I downloaded a corrupted file so it's not that worthy as a comparison) anyways even if I got more or less everything that happened, I agree that the episode lacked in something, like who wrote this episode was not inspired at all to write it or whatnot.

Anyways, about Satoru, I mostly agree with Guardian Enzo, but maybe the fact that they depicted him like enjoying himself. And that part alone I'm still not sure if it is caused totally by the "predisposition" he was talking about or has a component specific of Satoru's character. I tend to lean towards the latter simply because I can't see Mamoru acting in the same way, not in the exact way, as him.

Anyways that queerat is really tricky. It reminded me of a quote of the advocate's devil
Quote:
... You gotta keep yourself small. Innocuous. Be the little guy. You know, the nerd... the leper... shit-kickin' surfer.
he tricked them each time.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-11-09, 19:14   Link #72
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

This is by far the strangest series for me this season. I don't specifically mean this because of the events and artistic direction, but it's my strange attraction to it despite being quite split in liking/disliking it.

Each episode has something that just makes me feel uncomfortable, but then something happens that just makes me jump up and watch it further.

I've voice chatted with a number of people who hadn't even really picked up that this series doesn't have an opening theme. That's not bad senses, it's a really powerful effect of mood and setting. It actually makes you feel like the opening played when the title card shows, even though there was no specific animation and music. That's fantastic work, in my opinion.
Old 2012-11-18, 17:38   Link #73
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

It makes for this show to be engaging and immersive with the audience, because at each episode some incident happens that breaks apart the seemingly atmosphere of harmony and serenity, forcing the kids to start suspecting that not all is well with their world they know or daily lives. That or the kids getting trapped into a bizarre world outside of theirs due to unconventional circumstances.

Take Saki and Satoru after both got separated from their group at the start of the fifth episode, for example. Now, the current plot right now is focusing on them having themselves getting involved first hand in the civil war between the Robber Flies and the Ground Spiders.

Regarding Satoru getting his Cantus back, at first I thought that the sealing ritual involved force of suggestion to make believe the punished that truly have their Canti sealed. However, since Saki hasn't gotten her Cantus back either Satoru simply doesn't understand the ritual like the monk did on them, or the ritual itself actually involves the real use of Canti to seal other people's Canti and not force of suggestion.

Now, to make matters worse Satoru getting involved in open warfare against the Ground Spiders with the use of his powers restored has gotten him into a sort of frenzy for battle which made him to overuse them. He's now tired towards the end of the episode, and Saki's despair made her to let slip an accidental comment implying her condition at not being able to use her Canti. This is troublesome for both of them, since it is left ambiguous if the Bakenezumi guide truly understood what she meant or not, though her despair is understandable because of all the dangerous ambushes their group had to deal with when their guides informed them at first that the scouts didn't detect danger in the vicinity.
Old 2013-03-04, 14:21   Link #74
kitten320

If Saki could unlock Satoru's power, why the hell she didn't do it sooner?
Old 2013-03-04, 14:28   Link #75
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

She only realised then that she could as the conditions were perfect at that time. Satoru was under a state of hypnosis which was required and Saki took advantage of that.
Old 2013-03-04, 15:10   Link #76
kitten320

I can say that circumstances they were in were ideal for her to remember.