AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-09-21, 04:42   Link #641
zero7090

Actually this was a very solid adaption of the torture scene. It was a good decision to make it lasted almost a whole ep. However ending at the part where kaneki start eating is not very wise. If possible there should be 1 more ep showing 3 battles at the same time.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 05:17   Link #642
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Well, my strict judgement was due to the fact it was the last episode and no more time was left to show other events. I did say it was great from a narrative point of view, so if there was one more episode for proper closure, that much torture would have made more sense.
Old 2014-09-21, 05:29   Link #643
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
^When the comments like that appear, you just know where Pierrot messed up the most.
Kaneki Ken, one of the protagonists who suffered the most damage due to adaptations in anime. But at least after they almost hit in the end. almost. If the seiyu of Rize was not a "goddess", probably we would not have so many fillers on her.

anyway, the news about the second season was removed from the Chinese site of Tokyo Ghoul (this news was never announced on the official website).
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 07:04   Link #644
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7090 View Post
Actually this was a very solid adaption of the torture scene. It was a good decision to make it lasted almost a whole ep. However ending at the part where kaneki start eating is not very wise. If possible there should be 1 more ep showing 3 battles at the same time.
Pierrot is not Sunrise, and TG is not Kyousen It'd be impossible to show off three (promising to be) pretty long battles under 20 minutes, wrap up the operation and stuff.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 07:11   Link #645
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
^When the comments like that appear, you just know where Pierrot messed up the most.
I have not read far into the manga, however I do know that the story goes far beyond the anime season here.

If I were the studio/writers/director of the anime, I would have made the events of this final episode around episode 8. That way you have a complete retransformation of the main character and time for the viewers to get used to this new personality.

By suddenly throwing this on us within the last 5 minutes of the last episode, you're pretty much killing off the MC and introducing a new guy who the audience has to wait a few months to see again. The anime is basically saying "hey make sure you watch the conclusion of the cliffhanger, he's much more awesome next time around!"

No reason to do that IMO. They kept the "weak" persona around far too long which may have turned off people to really feeling his plight.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 07:42   Link #646
R.LocK
My turn

And then you're just throwing Kaneki's development out the window and make TG a battle anime with a long torture scene. This'd be much worse than what Pierrot did.

Here's the catch, Kaneki's not weak. He followed his ideology till the end, until he got broken by his own projections of Rize. When he wanted knowledge, he willingly went into a lion's den, fully knowing how dangerous it might be. When he wanted strength to not be a dead weight on Touka's shoulders, he went and trained. He has quite a good, albeit slow development in manga. Here, in anime, his development is clear only in later episodes which is just wrong, which shouldn't be like that. ...'Kay, I'm ranting way too much. I'll keep silence for a while, I guess.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 10:34   Link #647
HandofFate

has there been any actual cases of people's hair turning white from stress overnight.

or is it just a thing in fiction?
Old 2014-09-21, 12:27   Link #648
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
has there been any actual cases of people's hair turning white from stress overnight.

I've heard it's feasible in theory. And even if your hair turned from stress or shock it would take a while for just a little bit of hair to turn white.
Old 2014-09-21, 12:42   Link #649
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

I am an anime only viewer. And overall I liked this episode. The Kaneki part is awesome. Tho I wished the season didn't end on this note.

Quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilkinson_v_Downton
Old 2014-09-21, 14:38   Link #650
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:

there is a series of very popular books in the West, where one of the key characters had hair turned white by torture.
Old 2014-09-21, 14:54   Link #651
hamazura
whatever

Quote:

knov (hunter x hunter)

by the way, its 10 days of torture.
Old 2014-09-21, 18:45   Link #652
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
And then you're just throwing Kaneki's development out the window and make TG a battle anime with a long torture scene. This'd be much worse than what Pierrot did.

Here's the catch, Kaneki's not weak. He followed his ideology till the end, until he got broken by his own projections of Rize. When he wanted knowledge, he willingly went into a lion's den, fully knowing how dangerous it might be. When he wanted strength to not be a dead weight on Touka's shoulders, he went and trained. He has quite a good, albeit slow development in manga. Here, in anime, his development is clear only in later episodes which is just wrong, which shouldn't be like that. ...'Kay, I'm ranting way too much. I'll keep silence for a while, I guess.
even if we exclude all the psychological development of it, the anime totally cut the evolution of his skills by sparring and books, such as his fight against Taro-chan, in the manga he uses the blow of breaking the arm that he learned through books, but it was transformed into a "falcon punch" in the anime, so much that is meaningless to the scene where goumert mimics this move and says to Kaneki: "Do you remember that" or something.

the way that Kaneki toppled Beanjou in the anime was by a stroke of luck, but in the manga he did it with an elbow that contained skill.

and we still have his fight against one of the leaders of Aogiri, one of the Bin brothers, where Kaneki could defeat him alone.

The torture only served to eliminate the fears and hesitations of him, making he more confident, and this greatly influences the skills of a person, but unfortunately cut with this evolution, makes it appear that Kaneki learned to fight just now, turning he into something totally different.

talk about things that were cut from the anime, would not be considered spoiler, right? j
Old 2014-09-22, 02:01   Link #653
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:

Fiction. Stress can literally kill you, however.
Old 2014-09-22, 03:02   Link #654
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

Overnight, no. But it can happen within a few weeks. Happened to my uncle in fact, his hair turned white at 20.
Old 2014-09-22, 06:53   Link #655
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
POS Daily Rank for TG:

Vol number| 19/09 | 20/09 | 21/09 |

01 | *54 | *45 | *34 |
02 | *59 | *50 | *37 |
03 | *62 | *53 | *42 |
04 | *61 | *55 | *45 |
05 | *60 | *56 | *44 |
06 | *58 | *54 | *43 |
07 | *41 | *36 | *29 |
---------------------- Final Episode stops here (approximately) -------------------
08 | *40 | *33 | *21 |
09 | *44 | *39 | *27 |
10 | *45 | *43 | *30 |
11 | *51 | *49 | *32 |
12 | *46 | *48 | *35 |
13 | *36 | *29 | *20 |

Whatever final episode did wrong to be criticized, it... Certainly is a success in its goal to sell the manga. All 13 volumes stayed in top 50 on Sunday. I'm choking my lemonade

Bear in mind that there were big seller titles released in 17th and 19th, so I don't think that all 13 vols will chart like in the weekly charts. But still...

(Also for those who share my enjoyment for Haikyuu, it actually also jumped pretty high on Sunday. Aww right! <3)

Not sure if I should put this here in anime thread or manga thread, but I suppose it should be all right since this kind of show how the Japanese react to the last episode

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 11:25   Link #656
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

The last 10 minutes made up for a sub-par first 11.5 epis. If Kaneki is like this in s2 Ill watch.

Gourmet arc was still the best imho.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 04:23   Link #657
deadlight
バカ うさぎ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
POS Daily Rank for TG:

Vol number| 19/09 | 20/09 | 21/09 |

01 | *54 | *45 | *34 |
02 | *59 | *50 | *37 |
03 | *62 | *53 | *42 |
04 | *61 | *55 | *45 |
05 | *60 | *56 | *44 |
06 | *58 | *54 | *43 |
07 | *41 | *36 | *29 |
---------------------- Final Episode stops here (approximately) -------------------
08 | *40 | *33 | *21 |
09 | *44 | *39 | *27 |
10 | *45 | *43 | *30 |
11 | *51 | *49 | *32 |
12 | *46 | *48 | *35 |
13 | *36 | *29 | *20 |

Whatever final episode did wrong to be criticized, it... Certainly is a success in its goal to sell the manga. All 13 volumes stayed in top 50 on Sunday. I'm choking my lemonade

Bear in mind that there were big seller titles released in 17th and 19th, so I don't think that all 13 vols will chart like in the weekly charts. But still...

(Also for those who share my enjoyment for Haikyuu, it actually also jumped pretty high on Sunday. Aww right! <3)

Not sure if I should put this here in anime thread or manga thread, but I suppose it should be all right since this kind of show how the Japanese react to the last episode
The manga got quite a nice boost
deadlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 07:27   Link #658
MasterVampire

I was really shocked at the finger cracking in this anime series.

Mainly because I crack my fingers too and I do it the exact same way by cracking my knuckles using the one hand.

I thought that was something only I did haha

MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-24, 08:40   Link #659
LG-MAX 2.o

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-27109.html

apparently the anime will be retransmitted in October, this gives more credit to news that the second season will come out in January. But stopping to think, would have been more efficient debut the anime in October instead of July?
Old 2014-09-24, 09:27   Link #660
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-27109.html

apparently the anime will be retransmitted in October, this gives more credit to news that the second season will come out in January. But stopping to think, would have been more efficient debut the anime in October instead of July?
Nah, at this point, Jinsei is actually rebroadcasted too. And that one was also Summer anime. Full schedule here:

水22:00 ヤマノススメセカンドシーズン(継続) (Yama no Susume continuing to next cour)
水22:30 人生[再](確定) (rebroadcast Jinsei (Summer anime))
水24:00 進撃の巨人[再](確定) (rebroadcast Shingeki no Kyojin (2012))
水24:30 大図書館の羊飼い(確定) (Daitoshoukan no Hitsujikai)
水25:05 棺姫のチャイカ AVENGING BATTLE(確定) (Hitsugi no Chaika s2 I guess?)
水25:35 東京喰種[再](確定) (rebroadcast Tokyo Ghoul (Summer anime))
水27:35 逆境無頼カイジ[再](確定) (rebroadcast Kaiji (2007) (lolwat Kaiji?))

No idea why the MX get that many rebroadcast tho... Probably related to how Avex pretty much had been using TV Tokyo as the broadcaster program for anime (tl;dr competitive programmes. Like CNN vs Fox or whatever) \o/

But anyway, don't immediately judge it's another credibility for S2 at the moment. Wait patiently until it's officially announced that we're getting s2. Not that I doubt it at this point but really, you got to wonder why they just don't relent and announce any hints on greenlighting s2 lol

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, violence