AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-02-24, 11:08   Link #22701
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Kallen success to make peace with herself when she gave birth the twins, because becoming mum, finally she totally understood her mother's choice and feelings.

And after, when finally Lelouch understood what he had to do with Kallen and take care of her in a way most important of a friendship, finally she was happy because Lelouch love her not for a guilt feeling but with respect and gratitude.
At last, her loving support conquered him.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 13:42   Link #22702
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Actually, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to discuss fanwork there. Personally, I don't really mind it here, since it's very much about Kallen in this case, and yeah, this is the Kallen thread (not to mention I have no idea if there is thread where it would fit better), but once this is taken to the generic discussion thread, more people might start bringing in their version of things, and that would probably not end well.
Not everyone is interested in the same kinds of fanwok.

If you were to make this about the characters in general and "what ifs", though, it should work.
Actually even in this thread it doesn't seem right.
This thread is for Kallen as the character of the serie, not Kallen the fanfiction character, I think it's fine saying people "hey there, I added something >>>"link to whatever it is" take a look !" but discussing the whole fanfic there is weird.

I can hardly follow this topic, I don't get anymore what it is which is mentionned. I mean, fanwork and original character have little to do with each other unless said fanwork is a novelization.

So yeah, if some stuff here could be taken to the fanfiction thread things might get way more simple...
Fanfic Kallen and CG Kallen are hardly the same :/

And since we are into fanfic, here is a fic inspired by the peach story (aka Kallen and Lelouch's first meeting). There are a few changes but it's mostly the same, so it should be fine, 'til I put my hands back on the novel.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4608393/...ircle_Tangents
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 23:32   Link #22703
Lost Cause

Personally I loved Bonzo's R2R and the Kallen back story! And I also think we're getting a little too hung up on what is canon and what's not!! Yes this IS the Kallen thread but I don't remember seeing a "canon only" sign at the first page either!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 23:38   Link #22704
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Then let's get back on topic then, I guess.

Kallen developement is a heavy subject. Since we should talk about 'Series' Kallen, I would like to know who thinks about Kallen's character developement.

Opinion: It was pretty slow, actually. I figured she'd be the cute sycophant of Zero, but I was proved wrong. (Turns out, this may be the only time i'm happy to be proven wrong) Becaue during the first few episodes, she seemed static on Zero, but later changed more when she became Commander of Zero Squad and receiving the Guren. A sort of "Here is your time to shine" license.

Berrgh, like she needed a license, she was born with that privilege! Or in my opinion, she was. While yes, the startup for her was slow, when the Black Knights officially made a debut at Kawaguchi did she start getting my attention alot more. (I liked her because she was tomboy-ish, I liked her design, and Karen Strassman did quite well in voice acting her IMHO)

Unfortunately, we all saw what happened at the end of episode 25, Season one. She looked so hurt and betrayed, it almost carved a whole in my heart. Though that may not be far from the truth.

In a sense, she was a very tragic character. While she successfulyl survived, she was probably mentally scarred from several ordeals. I could give a list, though I won't unless asked
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 03:49   Link #22705
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Personally I loved Bonzo's R2R and the Kallen back story! And I also think we're getting a little too hung up on what is canon and what's not!! Yes this IS the Kallen thread but I don't remember seeing a "canon only" sign at the first page either!
You know, if there is a "fanfiction" thread, it's not only for the prettiness. And its not being too hung up on "canon" it's being able to make the difference between the original character and the original script and her fanfic counterparts. If we follow your logic, we might as well talk about the Kallen teacher from this fanfiction or Kallen hooker of that fanfiction.

Kallen is basically the character from the anime/Manga and medias approved by Sunrise. It's weird talking about Kallen's past while using some fiction material, especially for pages and pages like it was the case lately. There is a fiction thread, so why using a thread dedicated to the original character.

Imagine a new member. With the lastest posts he'd be unable to tell the difference between what's right and what's not. It's confusing.

@ Arbitres : Lol it was more of the reverse for me. When I saw the beginning, with her fiery personnality and her cat and mouse relationship with Lelouch, I thought it was fast enough and I was hoping for more. That's when she did get the Guren that things became slow and static for me.

I mean, more like since episode 13. After this episode she became a secondary character and her devellompent went stagnant. She was a Zero fangirl and that's about it, till finally she learnt he was Lelouch (I was hoping she would discover this by herself, but alas...)
Authors even explained why she was pushed on the background back then. Because of the second season, where her backstory and devellopment were meant to happen (as well as Lelouch's romantic devellopment. Randomness ? I didn't think so ;p).

We did get her devellopment but no backstory...well if we put on a side episode 19, and the last couple of episode for the second half of the fiorst season, Kallen was pretty invisible :/
Old 2010-02-25, 06:14   Link #22706
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
There is a fiction thread, so why using a thread dedicated to the original character.
You right, but you know already what they answered me, the fiction thread is just for novels and written material.
The comic is out of place then.

At last this is the only place after the image thread, but we can't speak there.
Old 2010-02-25, 07:38   Link #22707
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Can't really blame em, I mean, in the first season, I was rooting for C.C, tbh, but when Kallen got more screentime and such in S2, that is when I really fell in love with the girl.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 13:10   Link #22708
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
You right, but you know already what they answered me, the fiction thread is just for novels and written material.
The comic is out of place then.

At last this is the only place after the image thread, but we can't speak there.
After checking the opening page of the FFT, in no way does it say that posting a comic is not allowed. Furthermore, your comic tells a fictional story and is written by a fan, therefore is defined as fanfiction. So, its perfectly okay to use the fanfiction thread to post and discuss your comic.
Old 2010-02-25, 13:24   Link #22709
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

In the paper, but mods told me the comic it's a art for section "Code Geass - Image Thread (wallpapers, fan art, gifs, etc.)" but in that place you must put images and not start a dialogue about this or that, then...

At the beginning I did the purpose to open a section for doujinshi, fancomics, etc...but nothing.

Be patience.
Old 2010-02-25, 13:38   Link #22710
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
In the paper, but mods told me the comic it's a art for section "Code Geass - Image Thread (wallpapers, fan art, gifs, etc.)" but in that place you must put images and not start a dialogue about this or that, then...

At the beginning I did the purpose to open a section for doujinshi, fancomics, etc...but nothing.

Be patience.
How about posting the images in the image thread, and discussing the story in the fanfic thread? I don't think anyone would complain about that.
Old 2010-02-26, 16:29   Link #22711
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Oh Boy, I was looking through DA and I found...this.

Remember Foxxfire (For those of the Terrible ShipWar years/months) and his 4komas ?
Here is his awesome piece for Turn 23 :

Spoiler:

And the DA link:
http://foxxfireart.deviantart.com/ar...ease-155461794

Okay. This one got to be my very favorite one ever XD
It should have happened. God, Kallen, you should have done that !
Old 2010-02-26, 17:19   Link #22712
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Wait to see how I designed Gino.
Old 2010-02-26, 20:36   Link #22713
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Oh Boy, I was looking through DA and I found...this.

Remember Foxxfire (For those of the Terrible ShipWar years/months) and his 4komas ?
Here is his awesome piece for Turn 23 :

Spoiler:

And the DA link:
http://foxxfireart.deviantart.com/ar...ease-155461794

Okay. This one got to be my very favorite one ever XD
It should have happened. God, Kallen, you should have done that !
I never saw this one(Don't remind me of that shipwar). Kallen's reaction during the anime did seem like "......ok, I guess". Maybe she did want to do that.

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2010-02-26 at 21:58.
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 13:09   Link #22714
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Ok about the fancomic thing. Obviously it can be posted in the Images thread since doujins are allowed, if the story is more then just the plain image, I suggest just posting the whole thing in the Fan Creations thread since there are many Geass related words already there. If you don't want to take it out of the Geass forum then I see no reason you cant use the Fanfiction thread since it does relate around fiction, whether it just writing or comics. But as I said I think the comic would be better off in the Fan Creations forum

Remember this is a discussion thread, not an image/fan fict thread. So any images of Kallen that are not used in actually discussing her character should be placed in the Image thread.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 16:01   Link #22715
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Pffff I'm so disappointed by Majiko -.-

I don't now if some of you read the last chapter of the CG R2 manga, but it was a downer for me.
I already didn't like the Kalulu kiss who seemed one sided in it (In the anime, it was anything but one sided. Eyes closed, tongue...and confirmation through staff for the non believers.) with Lelouch keeping his eyes wide opened, but the realisation of ZR in the manga was even worse.

Even though at least she did gave a role to Gino since

Spoiler:

Majiko was such an awesome Kalulu shipper...looks like she didn't want to gouge her own eyes out by making them even more awesome that they were in the anime, while knowing she'll have to kill Lelouch and break Kallen's heart in million pieces.

This or she was just tired and wanted to finish the manga as fast as she could.

Anyway, I'm kinda disappointed. Bah, at least, there is the anime.
Old 2010-02-27, 16:10   Link #22716
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Then, I'm the only one had the courage to make a serious Kalulu stuff.

And you have it for free? happy?

I sent a pm to you about what art for Kallen anniversary, give your idea.
Old 2010-02-27, 19:27   Link #22717
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Then, I'm the only one had the courage to make a serious Kalulu stuff.
We have the anime and the side stuff and even in the manga, plenty of awesome moments. And I thought I made it clear I wasn't fan of Kallen V2 and the whole Kalulu stuff in this comic.

It doesn't suit the reasons of my love for them as a pair.

When it comes to fanstuff anyway, aside from fanart and fics, i'm quickly botheredy by Kalulu doujins. Aside from the Akizuki one happening at school, I have little to no interest for pron.
Having this trying to make out canonically was more than enough.

(YES YOUR MAJESTY dixit Koshimizu...:x)
Old 2010-02-28, 00:18   Link #22718
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Kalulu doujins....in fact, any doujin for that matter, pretty much sicken me. Basically glorified pr0n.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 00:27   Link #22719
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Some people have less respect for our Queen, remember that. So little they stoop to doujinshi(s). From what I recalled from my belief, a person, regardless of gender -- should be respected for their identity and talents.

Both identity and talents being quite abundant in Kallen.

Still.. I wonder what peoples drive is to look at Kallen Doujinshi? She is more then enough to gaze upon while fully dressed, I don't see the problem... Since she is more similiar to Ishtar then anyone else in the series.

Ironic that, because Ishtar caused the death of Enkidu, Gilgamesh's best friend. (Do you see the links? )
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-28, 01:01   Link #22720
Knightrunner

Who thinks that if Kallen would have been part of the Round Knight during the part she was captured the story would have been more interesting?
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote