Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-13, 17:48   Link #1
David Watts
Stay Free

Send a message via MSN to David Watts
looking for Mob crime anime

Im wondering if there are any anime dealing with the mafia or organized crime in some fashion or just regular crime
or just something real gritty
Old 2011-03-13, 18:00   Link #2
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Run, don't walk, RUN to Gungrave...It's an eclectic show in the sense it shifts from basically a hardcore RPG-fighter (If you can believe that) into one of the most indepth mafia story between friends found in anime...Super-gritty! Grit beyond grit...

You must also add Heatguy J to your collection...The main character Daisuke is as close a character to Spike Speigal that you'll find in anime, and his android partner is like a Jack Black with unlimited ammo...One of the most underrated action fighters around with a plot set around under-world crime syndicates...

Baccano fits the bill aswell in the grit category...Very creative plot if not head-scratching, but has that grimy killer feel...

Gokusen is a little bit lighter in it's story about a female teacher who's the daughter of a Yakuza Boss (IIRC), but it has some hardcore to it...

Just to throw the baby out with the bath-water...Hitman Reborn's entire plot is based upon mafia families, if mafia families were somehow analogous to Bleach Shinigami Squads or something^^...The characters do wear well tailored mob-suits sometimes...

Also Tokyo Tribe2...I hope somebody listens to me when I suggest this...It's hardcore to the core in certain ways, and looks at street-gangs and crime syndicates in a way totally different than anything I've seen...Through the prism of half-black half Japanese teenagers in some slum areas of Japan...It's really freakin harsh a times, but don't let something that happens in the first couple eps kill it for you...It's gritty but with a hip feel...
Old 2011-03-13, 18:06   Link #3
Eric10301

Baccano, Black Lagoon, Darker than Black, Gungrave, and Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
Old 2011-03-13, 22:34   Link #4
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric10301 View Post
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
This, a thousand times over. You won't be disappointed.
Old 2011-03-14, 16:07   Link #5
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Phantom, and to a lesser extent, Noir.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-03-14, 21:43   Link #6
mecharobot

Kaze no Yojimbo has a great story. It has organized crime as well, but it doesn't really rub that in your face all that much.
Closed Thread