AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-05-11, 01:07   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 538 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

minor Spoilers released...but they make little sense...

Quote:
-Kyuubi and Naruto talk. The Kyuubi attempts to convince Naruto (via an annoying flashback) that his actions (concerning the war and Sasuke) make little sense, and he will, in the end, simply become another Nagato. Naruto, of course, disagrees, and comments that since he learned to master himself, via the Kyuubi training, his doubts have disappeared, and now he will find a way to end the war and deal with Sasuke.

Last edited by james0246; 2011-05-11 at 08:59.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 06:15   Link #2
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

judging from the spoiler this chapter gonna be boring IMO, Kyubi and naruto talk + some flashback...

maybe naruto gonna die since every char in Naruto will have a flashback before they die rofl.
Old 2011-05-11, 07:14   Link #3
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Hahahahahaha, you think Naruto will die? Maybe it's a troll... like... he's going to get the Kyuubi extracted but will survive or be reborn by some hax… Nagato realizing he's been resurrected and using his Jutsu on Naruto or Sakura sacrificing her life… something like that.
Well, Naruto needs to fully control the Kyuubi in order to be able to fight the whatever-Jyuubi-Jinchuuriki Tobi…
Old 2011-05-11, 09:31   Link #4
Nite-Wing

Interesting developments I see
Old 2011-05-11, 09:39   Link #5
james0246

One thing we didn't discuss in last week's thread was how the death of 50,000 soldiers would affect Naruto's bid for leniency of Sasuke. Even if Sasuke wasn't directly involved in any of the fighting, I'm finding it really hard to believe that Naruto can simply white-wash such a tragedy so as to make Sasuke's involvement with the group inconsequential.
Old 2011-05-11, 10:12   Link #6
Alchemist007
*Author

This being Shounen, I think he can summon the willpower/audacity. Obviously much to everyone else's discontent.
Old 2011-05-11, 10:24   Link #7
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
This being Shounen, I think he can summon the willpower/audacity. Obviously much to everyone else's discontent.
No, I'm starting to think Sasuke will die (or at least vanish) after Naruto forces Sasuke to redeem himself (by helping to defeat Madara/Jyuubi?). I just don't see a way Naruto can justify Sasuke's involvement with an organization that almost literally destroyed the world (in fact, Akatsuki might still have the chance of destroying the world ).
Old 2011-05-11, 11:57   Link #8
mrShady

I second that, he'll die redeeming himself.
It would be extremely crappy writing if somehow everybody in the world would forget about the people he killed or the people he worked with.

However he might live..... but only if he is unable to ever fight again be it crippled, a permanent chakra blocker (ala avatar last air bender) or as a mindless shell/brain-dead.

PS: I'm afraid Naruto (series) is going to get a very anti climactic standard anime/movie/series ending with no twist or exciting writing to speak of.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 11:59   Link #9
haegar
mangaviking

and lo and behold: the ninetails spoke and thus granted us another week without moving forward ... some five pages flashback to establish that "that look" in sasuke's eyes has been there some time already ...now that is "thorough" storytelling, my my ...

only thing borderline funny was naruto's "don't be gulible retort"..and it that's the height of this weeks chapter ... go figure ...

*goes back to lurkin till gedo mazo vs 8'n'9 tails*
Old 2011-05-11, 12:18   Link #10
mrShady

*read chapter* Oke that was just lame, what a crappy chapter it did nothing but reafirm what we already knew and that is that naruto is a blockhead that never gives up.....
And another flashback we have never seen before pulled out of kishi's ass.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 12:20   Link #11
Alchemist007
*Author

Eatin up travel time (I hope).
Old 2011-05-11, 12:20   Link #12
kakakka

The flashback felt too out of place because of the length.

EDIT: nvm, it is entirely out of place
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 12:27   Link #13
james0246

Yeah, the flashback was completely unnecessary...but it’s obvious the hand gestures will play a role in their upcoming fight.

Still, Kishimoto has been battling this question of how to endure/eradicate hate for nigh on 400 chapters. Hell, 500+ chapters. What started with Sasuke has evolved to encompass the entire world. And while I do not necessarily dislike the idea of presenting this question, since the answer will undoubtedly be crap, I have to question why Kishimoto even chose such a theme to begin with...

That being said, I actually liked the interaction between the Kyuubi and Naruto. I've always liked Naruto, so his determined expression and words has gotten me fired-up to see just what will happen...though I know I probably am setting myself up for disappointment.
Old 2011-05-11, 12:28   Link #14
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Yeah, the flashback was completely unnecessary.
Couldn't disagree more.

I LOVED the flashback. Better than most of the war. And it reminded me of why Part 1 is so much better than Shippuden.

And it was a way to bring Sasuke back into the story while also expounding on some current themes.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 12:30   Link #15
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The flashback felt too out of place because it should have been used back in the bloody VotE fight, wtf is it doing this many years ahead, did Kishi just now remember Sasuke and Naruto joining hands in a fangasmic moment? Talk about bad...Naruto is determined to do what exactly, he just dodged the kyuubi's question with GUTTTTTTS! Kinda makes me wonder if this is the same manga that featured Pain, who actually had Naruto thinking for a change.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 12:30   Link #16
Johnny
Working the bags...

I have to side with the furry bastard on this one. I'll just ignore that it probably would use all the people in Konoha as meat fruit snacks. Naruto's goal is a pipe dream that will only happen because Kishi will make it so...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 12:35   Link #17
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Naruto is determined to do what exactly, he just dodged the kyuubi's question with GUTTTTTTS!
Wasn't that how Naruto use to answer everything? Naruto is not a philosopher. He is a stupid shonen hero. He will overcome everything due to "GUTTTTTTS!" and his Mary Sue power.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 12:36   Link #18
Alchemist007
*Author

Too many realists up in hea'.
Old 2011-05-11, 12:37   Link #19
kakakka

The joining of hands, I remember was shown after the fight between Naruto and Sasuke in that place with watefall and statues. Was the symbol for this mentioned before?
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 12:39   Link #20
james0246

Quote:
The flashback felt too out of place because it should have been used back in the bloody VotE fight, wtf is it doing this many years ahead, did Kishi just now remember Sasuke and Naruto joining hands in a fangasmic moment?
Agreed. The flashback showed us nothing we haven't seen a dozen plus times before. Hell, every Sasuke/Naruto encounter has a similar feel to it. As you say, the flashback would have been better served during the VotE battle, and not here were it does nothing but reiterate what we already know. (What makes this worse is the fact that the flashback is actually pretty good, but due to its strange placement in the story, it feels awkward and unnecessary.)

@Ulquiorra: Sasuke was just on screen less than 50 chapters ago, and during that encounter Naruto and Sasuke formally declared their intentions to battle and the reasons why they will battle. Consequently, there was no reason for a flashback to reintroduce something we are all already aware of, even if the flashback was well done (which, honestly, beside the Motoi flashback, I think all the flashbacks are well done.)

Quote:
Kinda makes me wonder if this is the same manga that featured Pain, who actually had Naruto thinking for a change.
Naruto never thought during the Nagato portion fo the fight. His answer then was simply "I'll find a way." (That's why I, and so many others, were so annoyed by the fights ending).

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion