AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-09, 00:32   Link #1
KuroiKage

Relationship (not harem or love triangle) series

Looking for a (preferably drama but comedy could be okay) romance/relationship series (preferably with a tsun-dere female). Sounds like generic show XYC that there are hundreds of right? Well the thing is, I dont want the typical harem or harem-ish anime where the male is surrounded by girls and he always is teased or has to pick.

I am looking for a series where the two are in a (or develop into) a relationship. Like the series focuses on the relationship of the two only and any 'outsiders' are basically minor/extra characters. No harem, no love triangles.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Old 2012-02-09, 01:06   Link #2
Elegance

Spice And Wolf-its about a man guy named Craft Lawrence who finds a diety, Holo, and must take her back to her homeland. They must travel together and there relationship builds up and the witty romance adds to the charm

Amagami SS-This has different arcs. Not sure if this matches your description but each arc only goes for one different person. Its a great anime.

Katanagatari-This is a action one. This anime is heavy on dialogue, so basically they talk alot. The romance builds up but its not ur average romance. Its sort of unique in someway

REC-a short love series. This series is very short but they added a great amount of romance in such little time. A anime thats needs to be watched if u want pass some time

Nodame Cantabile-This is a romance comedy with classical music. The main character is Chiaki, a pianist and violinst. The womans name is nodame and well there relationship if pretty fun to watch. The relationship builds later on in the series

Eureka Seven- this is a mecha but the relationship build up is very great in this.
Old 2012-02-09, 01:13   Link #3
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Ef - A tale of Melodies and a Tale of Memories. Multi-relationships with one triangle but all the rest are just between 2 people.

Honey and Clover, another multi-relationship series but also has a 2-person romance.
Old 2012-02-09, 01:43   Link #4
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Seconding Katanagatari and Spice And Wolf

Also suggesting:
Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi
- All supporting characters besides main couple and the main girl's best friend(no love triangle).

Otome Youkai Zakuro though it has two secondary couples, but main two fit what you're looking for.

Edit: Mostly a comedy, but maybe B Gata H Kei?
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2012-02-09 at 02:10.
Old 2012-02-09, 02:26   Link #5
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Ore Tsuba : We have multi-relationships, four pairings and one triangle (?). The 2011 12-episode romance TV anime follows the shattered lives of four boys trying to date four girls each other. Most of other characters are basically support.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-02-09, 07:50   Link #6
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Ore Tsuba : We have multi-relationships, four pairings and one triangle (?). The 2011 12-episode romance TV anime follows the shattered lives of four boys trying to date four girls each other. Most of other characters are basically support.
OreTsuba is technically an harem anime if you watch it further than episode 5 or 6
Old 2012-02-09, 08:32   Link #7
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
OreTsuba is technically an harem anime if you watch it further than episode 5 or 6
Maybe I'll suggest him a manga called Nisekoi : The 2011 romantic comedy manga follows a highschool boy named Raku, the son of a yakuza family, who mysteriously meets a blonde metisse (half-Japanese, half-American) named Chitoge, who happens to be his childhood friend. It follows the traditionnal boy-girl relationship but has some hints of love triangle between Raku, Chitoge and Onodera (Raku's childhood friend)(?). 18 chapters are released so far.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-02-09, 10:14   Link #8
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora (Known as Hantsuki for short) - A good and short (6 episode OVA) story about a guy who got hospitalized due to an illness, the girl whom he meets and befriends while staying in the hospital, and the relationship that develops between them. Fits your mostly drama, mostly tsundere (or close enough without getting into technicalities) criteria fairly well.
Old 2012-02-09, 22:21   Link #9
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Just Steins;Gate: It's a VN adaption, but there are no love triangles whatsoever. There is a main male character and a main female character(who is one of the best tsunderes i've ever seen). The romance develops slowly, but it's so fucking satisfying that you'll get to think "holy fuck, i was a genius waiting for it". It's about some freshly acquainted friends who discover a way to send messages to the past. They'll have to face the consequences of their discovery tho. The anime starts at a slow pace, but after something happens, it ... unlocks. It got the male figure that i consider the best protagonist, it has an awesome graphic and even it being a serious animation, the protagonist will make you laugh. Even tho it doesn't look like it at the beginning, there is the romance, and once again: it is satisfying. If you haven't already checked it out, you'd better doing so. Here a pic of the cast (there are many girls, yes, but i wouldn't consider it haremish at all. You'll just understand if you watch it)
Spoiler for pic:

PS: the first episode is a bit confusing, but do not worry: everything will get clarified, sooner or later or very later.
Old 2012-02-09, 22:57   Link #10
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Does good old Ai Yori Aoshi count? Admittedly the protagonist is surrounded by a lot of girls, but he's already married(or was it engaged?) from the beginning, and a lot of the conflict resides around the two resolving their problems. Personally, it's the most beautiful classic anime in regards to romance (it was so long ago I can't remember if it has love triangles, but I remember the protag as a faithful man).

Speaking of classics, I was a huge fan of Aa! Megami sama! a.k.a. Oh My Goddess!. I don't really watch the anime, but I closely followed the manga until its 20th issue or so. It was nice.

Or perhaps you'd like Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou. I haven't watched the anime so I don't know if it ends where the manga ends, but it is an interesting story between two individuals. Oh, I think the female protag was kind of a tsundere too if I remember right.

Oh, and I second: Honey & Clover and Spice & Wolf too..(how many 'ands' are there lol )