AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-14, 15:58   Link #1
Hunter Nin.

The 9 Demons [Manga]

I think I read somewhere there were 9 deamons including Kyubi. Is this correct? I think it correspends with the 9 members of Akatsuki or something like that. Uhm I was wondering does anyone know what the other deamons are? Or if I'm a wrong/misinformed/bringin up an old topic I'd kindly take a nice STFU to the chin. If I am right (can't for the life of me remember where i heard this) is this purely naruto based or has it got anything to do with Japanese mythology? It would be interesting to hear about if it is.

Last edited by Hunter Nin.; 2004-04-14 at 16:09.
Hunter Nin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 16:03   Link #2
Dragon Flame
Wet Kimimaro Love

Send a message via ICQ to Dragon Flame
STFU *right to the chin*

Shukaku IS NOT a demon, he is, in fact, a sand PRIEST sealed inside a kettle

the 9 demons, of which 1 we only know are most likely based on the zodiac, which the badger isnt on, i dont think...
Old 2004-04-14, 16:09   Link #3
Hunter Nin.

Ahaha, cheers for that it was deffinately needed ! A priest.. Ofcourse.. Yes it all makes sense lol

Ah and the zodiac you say, guess I'll have to take a gander at that.

Wait, that isn't the:

Dragon
Hare
Tiger
Ox
Rat
Boar
Dog
Rooster
Monkey
Goat
Horse
Snake

thing I have on the wall here is it? Ah can't be, that's the chinese zodiac.. not to mention there are 12 things and no fox lol.

What are the other animals of the 9 do you know?
Old 2004-04-14, 16:12   Link #4
MasafumiGotoh

There might be another Zodiac you are not familair with. I am very sure there is. Please tone down the flamewars and do some research as I will do some after i post this.

Edit
Countless searches, the waste of one minute and the laziness that kicks in. I have concluded that there is no other Zodiac. I also did a search on the 9 demons. No luck.
MasafumiGotoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 16:13   Link #5
Kojiro
Ecchi no Kannouteki

I think I remember someone on this forum doing some research on the 9 demons and coming up with nothing, worth a try doing it again though. Also, I strongly doubt they correspond to the 9 members of Atasuki, unless there's a Shark demon for Kisame and a Weasel demon for Itachi.

edit: What flamewars are you talking about? The STFU right to the chin was purely in jest.
Kojiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 16:16   Link #6
kakashilion
has big feet

i dont know what these 9 deamons are but

1. whats stfu

2. dont u get tired of these people who have posted 1000s of messages shouting at people who have had less than a 100 posts about how they bring up old topics. Just because they have talked about them dosnt mean the 40 newest members have.
kakashilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 16:17   Link #7
Hunter Nin.

Yeah no hurt feelings here

I also guess it couldn't hurt to have another nosey around the 9 deamons history.
Old 2004-04-14, 16:17   Link #8
MasafumiGotoh

Kojiro if you think out of the ordindary Kitsune does resemble a shark no? Or at least use weapons that come from one in that matter.

Quote:
to be honest i have never heard of what your saying, so why did i post.

1. whats stfu

2. dont u get tired of these people who have posted 1000s of messages shouting at people who have had less than a 100 posts about how they bring up old topics. Just because they have talked about them dosnt mean the 40 newest members have.
Thats why people laugh at the my screen name on Irc because they think I am a Narutard. IF you guys havent noticed people outiside of these forums(especially starduck on Anbu Forums and IRC channel) think we are naruto retards. I dont want to be labeled as one just because of a name! How ironic too.
Old 2004-04-14, 16:19   Link #9
Kojiro
Ecchi no Kannouteki

Quote:
1. whats stfu

1) it's an acryonym for "shut the fudge up"

2) Who was shouting? if it was me I certainly don't have 1000s on my postcount, that was my first post.

edit:
Quote:
Kojiro if you think out of the ordindary Kitsune does resemble a shark no? Or at least use weapons that come from one in that matter.
Exactly, that would require having a Shark demon, considering Kisame(Kitsune?) resembles one.

note: I said Weasel for Itachi cause Itachi is weasel in Japanese, I believe.
Old 2004-04-14, 16:24   Link #10
MasafumiGotoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojiro
1) it's an acryonym for "shut the fudge up"

2) Who was shouting? if it was me I certainly don't have 1000s on my postcount, that was my first post.

edit:

Exactly, that would require having a Shark demon, considering Kisame(Kitsune?) resembles one.

note: I said Weasel for Itachi cause Itachi is weasel in Japanese, I believe.
I think i had a lil spelling mistake. The keys there like stuck together!
Old 2004-04-14, 16:24   Link #11
Hunter Nin.

Hey now that's an interesting development.

Fox
Shark
Weasel
Snake (oro?)
Old 2004-04-14, 16:27   Link #12
Kojiro
Ecchi no Kannouteki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Nin.

Fox
Shark
Weasel
Snake (oro?)
Even if the Snake was in this Zodiac-that-doesn't-exist (despite the fact Snake is already in the Chinese one) it would mess things up because Orochimaru left Atasuki.
Old 2004-04-14, 16:28   Link #13
LittleLaptopChan
My good neighbor Totoro

Send a message via ICQ to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via AIM to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via MSN to LittleLaptopChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Nin.

Fox
Shark
Weasel
Snake (oro?)
well...if you have snake then you'll have to include Jiraiya's Frog(Gamabunta) also....and
Spoiler:
LittleLaptopChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 16:31   Link #14
Kojiro
Ecchi no Kannouteki

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLaptopChan
well...if you have snake then you'll have to include Jiraiya's Frog(Gamabunta) also....and
Spoiler:
Why? Gamabunta and Tsunade's slug are not demons. Also, Tsunade and Jiraiya aren't in Atasuki.
Old 2004-04-14, 16:32   Link #15
Hunter Nin.

I'm pretty sure Tsunade and Jiraiya were never a part of the Akatsuki organisation.

BTW is that 9 members including Oro or when Oro was in Akatsuki were there 10 members?
Old 2004-04-14, 16:33   Link #16
kakashilion
has big feet

if you watch the new episode 78 opening you will see that during the middle is a really quick image of the little frog, dog and a PIG.

do you think a pig could have anything to do with this.

maybe not...
kakashilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 16:34   Link #17
MasafumiGotoh

Thing is it is far too hard to predict the demons because Atasuki was only mentioned once or twice in the manga. We have no real information on whos in it or what they have in relation to Oro. The 9 demons if it is a japanese legend maybe we can get our theory off of that.

Quote:
Looks like the anime would have a little sidestory going on. If the pig was in the anime. Probaly in relation with the movie thats coming soon.

Quote:
Even if the Snake was in this Zodiac-that-doesn't-exist (despite the fact Snake is already in the Chinese one) it would mess things up because Orochimaru left Atasuki.
Maybe he did leave it. He knows far too much IMO. or did he? I forget 50 chapters in one hour really screws ones memory.
Old 2004-04-14, 16:35   Link #18
Kojiro
Ecchi no Kannouteki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashilion
if you watch the new episode 78 opening you will see that during the middle is a really quick image of the little frog, dog and a PIG.

maybe not...

Absolutely not, no, definitely not, negative. The opening in 78 is exactly that, an opening to an anime. They just flashed 4 cute little animals from the series onto the screen.
Old 2004-04-14, 16:49   Link #19
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Spoiler:

Tought i only think Naruto is the onlyone with a demon innside him! The 4th Hokage was the only one that knew about that sealing spell! And the 3th ofc.
That demon is unique for the main character so I don't think they will add anyone else with a sealed demon innside themself ! :P
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 16:53   Link #20
Kojiro
Ecchi no Kannouteki

Quote:
Maybe he did leave it. He knows far too much IMO. or did he? I forget 50 chapters in one hour really screws ones memory.
He DID leave it, he was afraid of Itachi because Itachi is stronger than he is.

Quote:
Tought i only think Naruto is the onlyone with a demon innside him! The 4th Hokage was the only one that knew about that sealing spell! And the 3th ofc.
That demon is unique for the main character so I don't think they will add anyone else with a sealed demon innside themself ! :P
The Atasuki are looking for the 9 demons, that is why Itachi came after Naruto.