AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2013-02-15, 13:53   Link #1
Fahd
* >/dev/null

Post Fahd's Code/Script Vault

Firstly I'd like to thank Relentlessflame for (sort of ) giving me permission to make this thread. I'll be posting any anime-related scripts that I've been working on, so that hopefully other people can make use of them .

Without further ado, I'd like to present Anime-chart. It's an interactive (see the demo) customizable JavaScript based graph, that charts your anime ratings over time. The interactive version can be run locally (#) or embedded into blog posts/web-pages/what-not, and from that static-images can be exported for forum-posts, etc. At the moment the script will only work with MyAnimeList exported lists, but I may try to get it working with AniDB later on.

Full-size anime-chart

Banner-sized anime-chart

Whilst I've fully commented the script, I still need to fully document all of the editing possibilities. You can download it here, and basic instructions for getting this working are in chapter 2 onwards of the wiki. To edit the chart-title, graph colours, etc you'll need to dive into: js/chart-settings.js. Anyways, let me know what you guys think .

(#): There seems to be a problem in Chrome & IE where they don't like to execute local JavaScript files . You can get around this for Chrome in Windows by closing your Chrome window, creating a batch file with the following instructions (make sure you change your Windows name in the direct path below ), and running Chrome by executing the batch file. You'll then need to copy/paste the file path for completed_series.htm into the address bar.

Code:
START C:\Users\<your-username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe --allow-file-access-from-files
EXIT

Credits & boring legal-stuff
Anime-chart uses jQuery, the HighCharts Javascript library, & Ash Searle's sprintf JavaScript library. jQuery is licensed under the MIT License, HighCharts is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Non-comerical v3 license, and sprintf is openly licensed. The rest (i.e. what I've written) is public domain, or where that concept doesn't exist, licensed under the Creative Commons Zero (CC0) license.
Fahd is offline   Reply With Quote