AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-05-04, 23:09   Link #1
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Nekogurui Minako-san

The author of this manga is a genius. I think he might just have created a new genre of moe, comedic slice-of-life with this work.

Try to go and read through EVERY released chapters, and then come back tell me that you were not dumbfounded by it. I dare you!!!

The guy (or gal) is simply a genius
Old 2014-05-04, 23:41   Link #2
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Erm... I was not dumbfounded by it. Nor did I think it especially moe or funny.

Each to his own perhaps, but I guess potential viewers should be warned ahead of time that this is definitely not a "normal" story, and that some may find it disturbing in some ways.

Ahegao is a consistent story element, for example, and combining this with cat fetishes with the depiction of a cat as a nekomimi loli added into the mix may not be something all posters wish to expose themselves to.

Sorry to be a "downer" but it is unfair to rope in all thread readers like that - at least warn them a bit.
Old 2014-05-04, 23:50   Link #3
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Moe? I'm not sure about that, having read it myself, but there are disturbing elements in this like what Flower has mentioned, and they're not everybody's cup of tea.

What I can say though, is that I was quite amused by the over-the-top humour - often there's no discernible link between what happens during the first page and the end page.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 00:01   Link #4
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Awww.. you all ruined my first post...

J/k aside, Flower missed an important point through, as the over-the-top reactions was actually what made it funny in the first place. The slice of life and moe parts, mainly just to give us a sight of contrast of what this manga would have been if it's typical moe SoL manga. Then they rammed in readers face with a wtf-did-I-just-read moments

I means for example, the funniest chapter for me was the one in magazine store where Moe-chan did not even appear.
Old 2014-05-05, 00:17   Link #5
Zehini

This manga is one of a kind.
Old 2014-05-05, 00:25   Link #6
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehini View Post
This manga is one of a kind.
This it certainly is.

But to be fair I was just listing aspects of the manga that might be objectionable to some, not listing why it might appeal to others.

I guess I felt the OP to be a roundabout way of emphasizing it's appealing qualities.

No reason folks cannot decide for themselves, but it would be nice to give people an idea of what they are checking out is all. ^^
Old 2014-05-05, 05:10   Link #7
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

On the topic, I don't understand why people labelled this as ahegao through. As from my experiences *cough, cough*, ahegao is more of an emotionless state where the character has a totally blank mind and could no longer keep their facial muscle in check.

Here is more like Moe and Nee-chan turns over over over crazily emotional.
Old 2014-05-05, 09:29   Link #8
Thany
Unfair

I noticed it just today even though I've had it in my 'wishlist' ever since Taruby mentioned it on his site. I'll be honest, I didn't expect it to be so ecchi! In either case I loved it, those faces they make are just hilarious.
As for the ahegao comment, it's actually the first thing I thought when I saw their faces. The comedy is strong on that one.
Do note that I'm not offended by either the loli panties shots or the faces to begin with, so it might be why.