AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-08-05, 03:21   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 756 [manga]

]Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Pos ting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Credit goes to AP's Redon and Aohige for the info:

-Chapter title is "The 4th Level". The splash page is a color page celebrating the series' 17th anniversary! In addition, we also have announcement of the next character popularity tournament!

-Viola says she has no recollection of princess Mansherry's whereabouts during her time as one of the Dofla family, but she uses her clairvoyance power to search for her. It turns out that the princess is being held in a cage that was once used for punishment when the Tontattas played (and lost) games in the palace during their childhood. As Leo's group are about to continue their mission, they get ambushed by Gladius! The officer throws bombs at them, and Robin ends up getting caught in the explosions. Nonetheless, she still manages to strike back at the officer by strangling him with her powers! She tells the others to go ahead while she handles Gladius.....

-As the others reach the third level, Viola notices Luffy's group fighting against the giant nutcracker soldiers. Then, using her power, she also discovers that Sugar has regained consciousness! We see the recovered officer, who freaks out upon seeing a long-nosed grunt. Looks like Usopp has forever scarred her. She then turns that one grunt into a toy, and swears to turn everyone in Dressrosa into toys as well, for Dofla's sake.....

-As Luffy's group face the toy soldiers, we discover they're having a rough time. As Cavendish beheads one of them for attacking his horse, the soldier merely reattaches his noggin! Suddenly, a few more people crash into the scene: Bartolomeo, Gladius, and Robin! Gladius prepares to attack straight away, and Robin tells Luffy's group to catch up with Rebecca at the 4th level's sunflower fields, where she's waiting with the keys for Law's cuffs. As Luffy's group leave, it's now up to Robin and Barto to take on Gladius and the army of toys.....

-As Rebecca and Leo's group reach the said sunflower field, the Tontattas split from Rebecca to search for Mansherry. As she's waiting for Luffy's group, Rebecca suddenly notices a figure emerging from the distance: Diamante! Her heart races as she once again faces off against her mother's killer...!!!

Nice, so it looks like Robin is FINALLY going to get a proper fight again after so long! And lol at Sugar, of course. Though I really have to wonder if Rebecca can actually do anything against Diamante this time around before Luffy's group most likely takes over the fight....?

Edit: Oh yeah, nearly forgot to mention this, but since this chapter was released on an SJ double issue, that means.....

NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK!

But hey, at least it's the magazine that's on break rather than Oda this time, so that maybe that makes it more bearable this time, right?

Last edited by marvelB; 2014-08-06 at 02:11.
Old 2014-08-06, 02:03   Link #2
marvelB

Okay, updated with the full summary!
Old 2014-08-06, 02:34   Link #3
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

by the way, the names of the giant creepy toy soldiers are "Head crackers".
Hence the cracking of the horse' head
Old 2014-08-06, 07:02   Link #4
Perona sama

I can't wait to see the fight with Robin and Gladius. Im so exited!!!
Old 2014-08-06, 07:41   Link #5
Archaeon

I just can't wait for Law to get the handcuff off. Hopefully no more dragging and time to beat up the executives.
Old 2014-08-06, 08:24   Link #6
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

finally....!!! Robin fought seriously...

at this state, if somehow Bartholo could make a good tag-team with Robin... or Rebecca could defeat his opponent... I would be confused who would join Strawhat crew... both of them or no one
Old 2014-08-06, 08:57   Link #7
james0246

Holy crap. Violence against animals is not cool Oda. .

Decent chapter. I'm glad to see Rebecca going off on her own. This'll give her the chance to prove her mettle (and prove why she should be with the Strawhats ), though I doubt she will defeat her opponent (it would be boundlessly awesome if she did). Whatever the case, decent cliffhanger.
Old 2014-08-06, 09:27   Link #8
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

i don't think barto will join the crew, he keeps referring to them as "the Straw Hats" this and "the Straw Hats" that... it just doesn't seem right to me... plus he has his own crew already. He's too much of a fanboy to join the crew.

now Rebecca is a different story, she has a pretty good chance to joining now that we know her background info and everything
Old 2014-08-06, 10:48   Link #9
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Holy crap. Violence against animals is not cool Oda. .

Decent chapter. I'm glad to see Rebecca going off on her own. This'll give her the chance to prove her mettle (and prove why she should be with the Strawhats ), though I doubt she will defeat her opponent (it would be boundlessly awesome if she did). Whatever the case, decent cliffhanger.
This. Though I understand and agree with the sarcasm/skepticism, I'm hoping against hope she does stick around. That said, if/when she can't measure up it also means she's probably not ready for their adventures (you know, so long as you ignore the fact she probably wants to live a normal life with the family she'd forgotten all those years, ha ha ha)
Old 2014-08-06, 11:37   Link #10
itachi-san314

I just dont see Rebecca joining the strawhats. she's been robbed of her identity and family all these years, so when she gets them back, wouldn't she stay on Dressrosa and help the city rebuild from Doflamingo's tyranny?
Old 2014-08-06, 15:10   Link #11
marvelB

Quote:
I'm glad to see Rebecca going off on her own. This'll give her the chance to prove her mettle (and prove why she should be with the Strawhats ),

Aw no, not you too, James.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
now Rebecca is a different story, she has a pretty good chance to joining now that we know her background info and everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
This. Though I understand and agree with the sarcasm/skepticism, I'm hoping against hope she does stick around.

Problem is, as me and some others explained in past threads already, she's shown absolutely no desire to venture to the outside world. At least the mermaid princess had that much going for her (though I saw no credible way for her to join, either).....

Anyways, is it just me, or did Gladius seriously just float in the air by using his bombs as propulsion? If so, that is hella badass. And I must once again stress how surprised I am that ROBIN of all people is fighting him (even if she's teamed up with Barto). I remember when I thought that Usopp would be the most fitting to deal with this guy..... but then again, I also thought Usopp would take on Zeo at mermaid island, but that didn't turn out to be the case either, heh.

Speaking of Usopp, I wonder if Kanjurou's ability is contained within the brush? Because if so, our long-nosed friend can take over drawing duties (remember, he actually IS a pretty good artist, after all ). Also, Kanjurou threatening to commit seppuku reminds me of when CP9's Kumadori (who, coincidentally, was ALSO a kabuki-themed character) pulled that same gag..... I wonder if those two are related?
Old 2014-08-06, 16:04   Link #12
Rainbowman

That was quite the cliffhanger.
Old 2014-08-06, 16:32   Link #13
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Aw no, not you too, James.....
I've been too busy for the last few months to post, so I felt the desire to fan the flames upon reentry .

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Problem is, as me and some others explained in past threads already, she's shown absolutely no desire to venture to the outside world. At least the mermaid princess had that much going for her (though I saw no credible way for her to join, either).....
I was actually struck by the idea of her joining solely because she, like Shirahoshi (?), has been confined for so long. But, unlike the mermaid princess, Rebecca has been stuck in squalor hiding or, worse, forced to compete in the arena for years. So, leaving would be nice, even if it was just on a vacation...

I think the key issue in deciding if anyone from the island will join the Strawhats (or something more extreme) will be how the Admiral and the WG will react to Doflamingo's downfall. He is a Tenryuubito after all (even if his status is renounced or at least lapsed), as well as a Shichibukai and a fairly powerful businessman. So, the WG is heavily invested in Doflamingo's position and power. I could definitely see Rebecca, Violet or even the King joining the Strawhats if the WG steps in and tries to put Doflamingo back in power (or something of that magnitude). Hell, they could even form their own pirate crew, or at least their own cell of Dragon's army.
Old 2014-08-06, 18:29   Link #14
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

So it seems Sugar has contracted a severe trauma of long fleshy things no thanks to Usopp's nose.....*ahem*...

On the matter of Rebecca joining the Straw Hats, a new female member would be nice and I could see it happening, but there's no guarantee it will.
Old 2014-08-06, 19:01   Link #15
Perona sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
So it seems Sugar has contracted a severe trauma of long fleshy things no thanks to Usopp's nose.....*ahem*...

On the matter of Rebecca joining the Straw Hats, a new female member would be nice and I could see it happening, but there's no guarantee it will.
It would be nice if Rebecca joined the Straw Hats but I don't she will be essential to the ST. I mean she really doesn't attack and only defends against her opponents but I Bartolomeo would be better to join the ST. (Although the ST don't need another Hammer)
Old 2014-08-06, 20:23   Link #16
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perona sama View Post
It would be nice if Rebecca joined the Straw Hats but I don't she will be essential to the ST. I mean she really doesn't attack and only defends against her opponents but I Bartolomeo would be better to join the ST. (Although the ST don't need another Hammer)
his barriers would fit perfectly for what the SHs need. they have no big-time defensive power when off the sunny
Old 2014-08-06, 20:42   Link #17
Perona sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
his barriers would fit perfectly for what the SHs need. they have no big-time defensive power when off the sunny
His barriers would be useful for sea battles when they are against the marines battleships.
Old 2014-08-06, 20:55   Link #18
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
So the one thing I'm wondering...

Since Sugar doesn't seem to have been Ko'ed again, why haven't people started turning back into toys? It's been implied that so long as Sugar is awake, her power kicks in automatically. Which is going to be disastrous at this stage of the game

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2014-08-06, 21:55   Link #19
marvelB

Quote:
I've been too busy for the last few months to post, so I felt the desire to fan the flames upon reentry .

Yeah, should've figured it was something like that....

Quote:
I was actually struck by the idea of her joining solely because she, like Shirahoshi (?), has been confined for so long. But, unlike the mermaid princess, Rebecca has been stuck in squalor hiding or, worse, forced to compete in the arena for years. So, leaving would be nice, even if it was just on a vacation...

In all honesty, I'd have no issue with seeing Rebecca as a potential crewmate if she had at least shown any prior indication of wanting to travel around the world. But as it stands, all of her stated desires and flashbacks are all about Dressrosa, and Dressrosa alone. Unfortunately, I can only see any chances of her joining being close to zero.....

(And for the record, I have absolutely no issues with having another woman joining the crew. Heck, I think I even recall me and James agreeing several years ago that Margaret from Amazon Lily would have been a neat addition. Sadly, Oda never really developed her character (nor any AL characters who weren't the Boa sisters or Elder Nyon, for that matter)......)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
So the one thing I'm wondering...

Since Sugar doesn't seem to have been Ko'ed again, why haven't people started turning back into toys? It's been implied that so long as Sugar is awake, her power kicks in automatically. Which is going to be disastrous at this stage of the game

Her power was essentially "reset" when she passed out from Usopp's face. She even pretty much implied this chapter that she'd turn the whole country into toys again from scratch. I think those toy soldiers that attacked Luffy's group are all just family henchmen, since she even turned one of them into a "headcracker" this very chapter.

....though I doubt those guys will stay as toys for very long, either. I'm actually sorta expecting for Usopp to knock her out again, y'see.
Old 2014-08-07, 00:25   Link #20
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Pretty sure Rebecca will simply serve as this arc's Vivi, or less even since Vivi is considered an honorary Straw Hat, but we'll see.