AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-04, 03:27   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 759 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Pos ting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Chinese version of the chapter is out! There isn't really a translation (or summary) out yet, so I'll do this myself:

-Don't have the chapter title yet, but the ministory has Jinbei carrying that sunken ship from before back to the surface.

-The toy soldiers return to their human forms as a result of Sugar passing out again. Meanwhile, back to Luffy, he spots the defeated Bellamy. He's naturally not so happy about how Dofla has treated him, and attacks the warlord. However, Dofla uses Bellamy as a shield! It then seems that Dofla talks about his plans for SAD and Smiles, and proceeds to make one of his string clones, which takes on Law.....

-As for Luffy, he's forced to take on Bellamy, who's being controlled like a puppet! However, Law has a plan: He has Luffy attack him, while he activates his Room. He then uses Shambles to switch places with Dofla, and Luffy is FINALLY able to land a devestating RED HAWK on the bastard! Law, who's on Dofla's throne, then proceeds to land a Counter Shock on Trebol! Currently, it looks like the "worst generation" have the advantage in this bout....!!!!

Well, not much to say aside from the fact that this is an action-packed chapter. Still waiting for a translation, of course. Though I must say, Luffy landing that Red Hawk on Dofla is freaking sweet.
Old 2014-09-04, 05:18   Link #2
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Just saw the raw, the start of their fight certainly is pretty awesome. Luffy gets a good attack in, and Trebol gets cut to pieces by Law. Definitely a great start!
Old 2014-09-04, 06:52   Link #3
Breimoon

Nice combo play. Didnt expect luffy to get so smart.
Old 2014-09-04, 06:57   Link #4
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

well, he is a genius. only in the fight

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
Old 2014-09-04, 07:21   Link #5
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, not much to say aside from the fact that this is an action-packed chapter. Still waiting for a translation, of course. Though I must say, Luffy landing that Red Hawk on Dofla is freaking sweet.
I agree with you on that.

The first proper attack to hit Doflamingo in the entire series and it happens to be Luffy's most flashiest post-timeskip attack. I'm ecstatic. The bastard had it coming.

While the actual teamwork was rather simple and maybe even predictable, it was certainly effective and showcased both characters awesomeness equally.
Old 2014-09-04, 08:20   Link #6
II Maestro

Wow~! Luffy & Law combination is amazing.

Like that part where Law sat on Doflamingo's chair and looking at Trebol with a smile.
Old 2014-09-04, 08:20   Link #7
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
I agree with you on that.

The first proper attack to hit Doflamingo in the entire series and it happens to be Luffy's most flashiest post-timeskip attack. I'm ecstatic. The bastard had it coming.

While the actual teamwork was rather simple and maybe even predictable, it was certainly effective and showcased both characters awesomeness equally.
Is it the real mingo or the clone that got hit?
Old 2014-09-04, 08:20   Link #8
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Did....did Luffy actually use his brain for once? Wow...
Old 2014-09-04, 08:22   Link #9
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
Unless he can do something similar to Moria and switch with his clone then it was indeed the real one that got hit. He was coughing blood as well.
Old 2014-09-04, 08:41   Link #10
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Unless he can do something similar to Moria and switch with his clone then it was indeed the real one that got hit. He was coughing blood as well.
finally, that bastard is getting reck!
Old 2014-09-04, 10:12   Link #11
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
The real one. Luffy threw a punch at law and law switched places with Mingo; hence why Law was sitting in his chair looking up at Trebol.
Old 2014-09-04, 10:15   Link #12
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Luffy-Law combinations are epic
Law is doing a good job in adapting himself with Luffy
Old 2014-09-04, 10:16   Link #13
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

Die Dofla!! Die..!!!

Damn, even he is the former tenryubito, i didn't expect he still have this kind of personality, treating person like a piece of trash.

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
Old 2014-09-04, 11:25   Link #14
marvelB

For those wondering if Luffy hit a clone..... remember, the clones don't bleed (remember the one that got decapitated by Kyros?). On the other hand, THIS Dofla was clearly spewing blood when Luffy struck him. I think it's safe to say that he's the real deal.
Old 2014-09-04, 11:25   Link #15
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

This isn't the first time Luffy's thought of a clever way to fight a seemingly unbeatable opponent. Times like these are the only times where he ever seems that intelligent.

Though what has worked once probably isn't going to work a second time. Wonder how they'll go from here?
Old 2014-09-04, 11:49   Link #16
itachi-san314

great start to the fight! I'm eager to see how doflamingo counters. he ain't going down that easy
Old 2014-09-04, 12:29   Link #17
Slayerx

Last time, asked the question of Why it was so important that Law was shot with Lead bullets. As some mentioned maybe that was how Doffy killed Corazon. And from this chapter it seems that Doffy likes to find the best way to get under someonebody's skin, and as such Mingo may have been trying to piss law off, so that theory might hold water and explain why it was so important for Oda to point it out.

This chapter's question... what did Mingo mean by THIRD corazon? I'm actually assuming that Corazon is not the actual name of Mingo's brother, but the title he was given. "Corazon" means "heart" in spanish, and thus fit the card theme shared by Pica, Trebol and Diamante. Mingo was saving the heart seat for Law, and thus he would have been the next "Corazon" and as far as we have seen, the heart seat has been empty for atleast the past 10 years. But that begs the question; if Law would have been the THIRD Corazon, and Mingo's brother was the previous one... then who was the first?
Old 2014-09-04, 12:36   Link #18
BPD Renegade

"I don't know where you two became butt buddies." Oh Law.

Finally! Luffy and Law teaming up made a pretty effective team.
Old 2014-09-04, 13:02   Link #19
yakumo-chan

the chapter was great...

the only thing i dont like is... just when the hell did Luffy became a friend of Bellamy??that was just stupid.. im starting to dislike Luffy now..
Old 2014-09-04, 14:44   Link #20
noktown

So Law is going to take on Trebol and Luffy on Flamingo ?I want to see 1 v 1 not 2 v 1 xD
Closed Thread