AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-02-13, 16:20   Link #1
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

[PS3/PS4/VITA] Helldivers (from the creators of "Magicka")

"BRING DEMOCRACY! FREEDOM AND JUSTICE NEVER SLEEPS!"

Quote:
WE ARE NOW PREPARING FOR WAR.

With immediate effect from March 3rd, 2015, Helldivers are to be dispatched to the front lines of PS4, PS3 and PS Vita systems.

The Federation has decided that the bug threat is becoming too great. Senator John W. Killjoy declared that “The bugs have been a plague in this galaxy for far too long, they must now be eradicated before they spread to other worlds.”

With the Helldiver troops spearheading the assault we are confident of success.

SUPER EARTH NOW CALLS FOR THE IMMEDIATE RECRUITMENT OF MORE HELLDIVERS.

HELLDIVERS™ is a hardcore, cooperative, twin stick shooter from the creators of Magicka. As part of the elite unit called the HELLDIVERS, players must work together to protect SUPER EARTH and defeat the enemies of mankind in an intense intergalactic war.

The game is set to come out 3rd March 2015.

Quote:
  • Intergalactic Campaign – Helldivers is all about teamwork. The entire community will wage an intergalactic war over the course of four to six weeks, each victory and loss impacting whether the war can won or lost. Whether you’re cooperating with your two to four person squad or fighting solo, you can choose mission that match your capabilities and rise through the ranks, earning new weapons and perks, to save entire planets and obtain “Stratagems,” their most valuable asset.
  • Cyborgs – Up until now, we’ve seen one of the enemy races–the Bugs. But in addition to Bugs, Super Earth is also at war with the Cyborg Nation, a race of bionically augmented separatists once part of the Super Earth federation, but are now independent. They have heavy armor and projectile weaponry, offering a very different tactical challenge where the “fire & maneuver” doctrine is key.
  • Ice Environment – Until now, we’ve only seen the game’s desert environments. New screenshots today showcase the ice environments. Each environment dicates your fighting techniques. Snow will slow you down and render retreat impossible
  • Strategems – Strategems mentioned earlier, are the most essential part of Helldivers. Each player selects their load-out prior to a mission, which contains up to four support strategems of their choosing. They’re key to determining the outcome of a battle. Examples of Strategems include defense turrets, napalm, heavy artillery for busting tanks, and jump. packs.
  • Mechs – Helldivers will have a fleet of advanced vehicles to tackle some of the game’s “unforgiving environments.” The standard mech is equipped with a Gatling gun and a grenade launcher pod.
"COME ON APES! YOU WANT TO LIVE FOREVER?!"

DISCLAIMER - Friendly fire is always on.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2015-02-13 at 16:35.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-14, 00:24   Link #2
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
"BRING DEMOCRACY! FREEDOM AND JUSTICE NEVER SLEEPS!"

HELLDIVERS™ is a hardcore, cooperative, twin stick shooter from the creators of Magicka. As part of the elite unit called the HELLDIVERS, players must work together to protect SUPER EARTH and defeat the enemies of mankind in an intense intergalactic war.

The game is set to come out 3rd March 2015.

"COME ON APES! YOU WANT TO LIVE FOREVER?!"

DISCLAIMER - Friendly fire is always on.
Anyone from Alien Swarm A FTP top down shooter, in Steam? Almost the same with one exception: No Mechs.

No... make that two: Aliens only. Oh don't forget the Chestburster... they got a lot of those (good times when a team mate gets infected and there's no medic, good times)

Friendly fire? Take it to the literal level with a Flamethrower! (Though sometimes we need to, cause there's a chestburster raping a team mate), then there's grenades, tesla's and usual bullets.

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-03, 00:52   Link #3
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I forgot to mention- this game is cross-buy, cross-save, and cross-play.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2015-03-03 at 01:33.
Old 2015-03-07, 01:24   Link #4
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Okay, this game is alot harder than I thought in the beginning as well Mental note, twin shooters have a different layout of controls than regular shooters lol.

My advice is to take your time to get a feel of what you can do.
Old 2015-03-10, 00:03   Link #5
Chibiloli

Anybody interested in teaming up with some mech support? I've got a Mech and I excel in taking out enemies while others attend to the mission, I'm Danaya6 on Vita only.
Old 2015-03-10, 07:43   Link #6
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I'll try to get in on it but school's making it hard to do so in the day lol.
Old 2015-03-15, 00:28   Link #7
Chibiloli

Well, unlocking an APC is supposedly easier than unlocking a mech, yet I keep dying trying to solo an APC mission.
Old 2015-03-15, 01:44   Link #8
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Depends, for me I got the mech on a lower difficulty mission.

Personally I prefer the mech- it's basically a walking turret for most parts and more importantly I realized as I'm fighting the Protoss on hard is that it shields me from mindcontrol bullshit ~_~
Old 2015-03-18, 03:58   Link #9
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Alright here's my plan for Lv 7 difficulty missions- Three mechas and an Orbital Railcannon.

Those Armored Tank mobs will be the death of me.
Old 2015-03-18, 06:20   Link #10
Chibiloli

That could work, I finally managed to fully upgrade my mech so I can now 1-hit kill any armored enemy with my missiles, oh and DLC is out, if you wanna get some good equipment and some cosmetic outfits, I suggest checking them out.
Old 2015-03-18, 07:24   Link #11
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Survivability is always an issue but at higher difficulties you need a ton of firepower to stem the flow.

Obviously it's better to just run but those defend missions... @_@
Old 2015-03-18, 17:51   Link #12
Chibiloli

There's an assauly rifle/grenade launcher explosive weapon in one of the DLC packs, useful if you want something that goes boom but don't have the time for long reloads.

Last edited by Chibiloli; 2015-03-18 at 17:52. Reason: Stupid phone posted prematurely.
Chibiloli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-24, 17:04   Link #13
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh shit at Lv 10 above difficulties I'm calling literal danger close Artillery strikes on my position lol.

At lower difficulties it's turret warfare, at mid difficulty it's robot wars, but at higher difficulties it's hit, run, and nuke lol.

Also, I didn't realize how weak my Liberator was until I upgraded to the Justice.
Old 2015-04-26, 08:18   Link #14
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Old 2015-04-26, 10:46   Link #15
Chase

Cool. I look forward to more from this game. Im still grinding my way to 100,000 kills and getting to level 25. Ive been only playing this game off and on. Im half way there now(Lvl 20 and 54,000 kills). I would have been farther or even done by now it if I played most of the time with people online. Ive lonewolf everything except for multiplayer only trophies(and beating a planet on level 12). Game is such a pain on levels 11 and 12 by yourself. I can complete level 11 planets but I was unable to do so on Hell Dive(12) by myself. I can complete missions on it but I always end up with missions were you have to stay on the objective to complete it a lot. It becomes a numbers game where its simply too many of them. So I don't end up having enough ammo to complete it.

The frozen hell dive planets are especially tough because your movement is slowed. And if you eqiup something like the pack to allow you jump further distances you give up a firepower slot. Ive completed it with the help of one player tho. Game simply not meant to be played at that level by yourself.

Its certainly more fun playing with people naturally and easier but the friendly fire is such a pain in this game, especially when a bunch of randoms are put together. Ive had enough horror stories myself already
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 11:49   Link #16
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh btw, the dlc is free
Old 2015-11-09, 01:09   Link #17
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Helldivers coming to PC via Steam in December

Quote:
Sony Computer Entertainment and Arrowhead Studios are bringing Helldivers, previously launched for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita, to PC via Steam in December. It will be the first game published on Steam by PlayStation Mobile, Inc
Quote:
  • Includes Masters Of The Galaxy, Turning Up The Heat and Democracy Strikes Back expansions.
  • Up to 4 player local and online co-op multiplayer on Steam
Old 2015-12-07, 18:28   Link #18
Chase

PC Port Report: Helldivers
Airdropped into my heart
Quote:
Earlier in the year, Conrad Zimmerman gave the PS4 version of Helldivers his highest recommendation. He praised it for its brutal and unrelenting action, and its dedication to pitch-black humor and decidedly laissez-faire attitude toward player survival. Now that I've had a chance to play the PC version, I have just one problem with his review -- he didn't shout it directly into my ear and insist I pick up a controller and play it right then.

So I'm going to correct that oversight, here are your marching orders: PICK UP A KEYBOARD OR CONTROLLER AND PLAY HELLDIVERS RIGHT NOW.

Helldivers (PC)
Developer: Arrowhead Game Studios
Publisher: PlayStation Mobile Inc.
Released: December 7, 2015
MSRP: $19.99

If you were foolish like me and never played Helldivers on the PS4 when it came out, it's a top down four-player co-op shooter with an emphasis on teamwork and coordination. You play as a squad of Helldivers, a group of all-purpose space-marines, representing the peaceful (and not at all totalitarian, xenophobic, or belligerent) world of Super Earth as they “defend” their sovereign nation-planet against the scum of the galaxy. Cyborgs, giant bugs, and robots all threaten the future well-being of Super Earth (by not giving up their resources and getting in line fast enough), and it's your squad's job to either bring them democracy or hot death (note: there is no “democracy” button on your controller, just a trigger).

The titular Helldivers have access to all the typical space-marine gear: machine guns, flamethrowers, miniature walking mechas, as well as specialized “stratagems” that can be called in from headquarters to be airdropped into the field. Stratagems range from supply drops and reinforcement respawns, to orbital bombardments and quick-deploying auto-turrets. All you have to do is stop firing, take a knee, tap out a quick series of directional movements (think the Konami code, but for strafing runs instead of 30 extra lives) and toss out a drop beacon. A total snap while fending off never-ending hordes of flesh-devouring bugs the size of school buses, right?

Of course, being the biggest badasses Super Earth has to offer, the Helldivers are the most lethal thing on the battlefield -- even to each other. If you're not accidentally clipping a buddy with a spray of machine gun fire, or (oops) crushing half of your squad underneath a poorly placed supply drop, you're not bringing democracy to the front lines hard enough. Helldivers plays collateral damage for laughs, and stacks the deck in favor of hilarious live-fire "happy accidents." Mostly, these quirks add to the charm of Helldivers and only get frustrating if you happen to be playing with a madman who can't keep his grenades to himself or seems to be executing squad members on purpose.

Thankfully, multiplayer support on the PC version is every bit as smooth and easy as the PS4 version. Hosting a game or joining one in progress is effortless and linking up with friends or kicking a toxic player is just as simple as it should be. Helldivers features built-in VOIP (which is actually enabled as an open mic by default as I found out accidentally to my teammates delight and my embarrassment. You can, of course, set it to push-to-talk if you prefer) but there are also quick-response radio options ("roger," "negative," etc.) if you're the type that doesn't like to talk into a mic, but still wants to coordinate with the rest of the team.

The game has a very breezy, low-commitment feel. Unlike other multiplayer games where you can get roped into long, sh*tty matches, it's easy to pull up stakes and move on to greener pastures in Helldivers. Loading screens are mercifully short, inventory management and menu dithering is curtailed by a brisk timer that starts to count down as soon as one person readies up (so you're not stuck waiting on that one guy who wants to try out every cape option he has before dropping), and the actual missions are fast paced, "get in and get out" affairs. After spending a lot of time with MOBAs and games like Evolve this year, where a bad match can handily flush a half hour of precious quality game time away, I've really enjoyed the speed and ease of Helldivers lobby system. To top it off, every round I've played in the pre-release beta has been nice and stable with nary a hiccup. As always, the full release will put the game to the real test, but I'm optimistic that it will do just fine from what I've seen so far.
In addition to the standard PC release, there is also a Digital Deluxe version available for $39.99 if you want to go wild. It comes stuffed with a boatload of DLC weapons, stratagems, vehicles, and extra swanky capes if you want your Helldiver to look his or her best. Personally, I feel like the regular game has enough content to unlock and play around with that you probably don't need to jump into the deep end right off the start. Small DLC packs of specific weapons and items just like the PS4 version are on the way, so you can probably wait and just cherry pick your favorites for a couple of bucks if you really want a particular outfit (or personal mecha, you know, just as an example and not something I plan on picking up as soon as its available).

This is a great version of a great game. Pick it up, get some friends together, and do your part to keep Super Earth free, happy, and secure (by making every other planet broken, miserable, and reduced to a pile of ashes).

[This PC Port Report is based on a press beta build of the game which was provided by the publisher.]
http://www.destructoid.com/pc-port-r...s-324957.phtml

Game is out on PC now.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote