AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2015-10-15, 22:41   Link #1
cyberdemon

Fruits Basket Another

Quote:
The new series will takes place in the same setting as the original Fruits Basket, Kaibara High School. It features a new female protagonist named Mitoma Sawa who enrolls at the school.

(Source: MAL News)
a sequel to Fruits Basket: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=12928

The 2 guys are definitely the children of KyoxTohru and YukixMachi. They're identical to their fathers
Old 2015-10-15, 23:23   Link #2
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Only a few chapters are out at the moment, but it was so nice to read them I was inspired to re-read the Fruits Basket manga again...and it was just as wonderful and moving and enjoyable as before!

Anyway, yes...the chapters for "FrBas Another" have been pretty good thus far....
Old 2015-10-16, 00:45   Link #3
AstroNerdBoy

Whoa! I had no clue. I need to check into this ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
The 2 guys are definitely the children of KyoxTohru and YukixMachi. They're identical to their fathers
Well, considering how Takaya-sensei's character designs became simplistic and not so great after her drawing hand/arm surgery, I'm not surprised. Granted, she reused character designs before, but by the end of Fruits Basket, some characters were looking very similar. :-(

Man, I still can't believe Fruits Basket was never license rescued.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-03, 11:45   Link #4
cyberdemon

LMAO, the serious Hajime turned out to be quite the momma's boy lol
Old 2015-12-03, 14:55   Link #5
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Yep - the series is doing a pretty good job in setting things up ... the "real story" does not seem to have "taken off" yet, and many characters are still being introduced, it seems. Even though theyare only up to chapter 5 or so, I am enjoying it quite a bit. ^^
Old 2016-02-14, 14:41   Link #6
Jehuty

I can't believe there hasn't been more fuss made about this. I only found today of its existence! I couldn't help but be hit in the feels. So nostalgic.

I'm looking forward to reading this
Old 2016-02-14, 15:19   Link #7
AstroNerdBoy

I need to catch up on this.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-14, 15:30   Link #8
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
I can't believe there hasn't been more fuss made about this. I only found today of its existence! I couldn't help but be hit in the feels. So nostalgic.

I'm looking forward to reading this
It really is an enjoyable read imo.

CH 7.1 was released just recently and it was continued goodness, even taking an unexpected little setup twist of introducing twins!
Old 2016-02-15, 01:55   Link #9
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
It really is an enjoyable read imo.

CH 7.1 was released just recently and it was continued goodness, even taking an unexpected little setup twist of introducing twins!
I know!

I actually read up to 7.1 in one go while playing the OP and ED of furuba. The only one that didn't give me heavy nostalgia was Mitsuki. Everyone else I actually cheered a little, haha. "Kyou! oh wait that's not him. But the bracelet! Hatsu!" and so on.

Ahhh, I think I'm going to have to go back and read all of furuba again. I'm just sad this will be a short manga series and we won't see Kyou and my favorite, Ayame.
Old 2016-02-16, 01:22   Link #10
BPD Renegade

Whoa! I was surprised when I saw this thread; I hadn't realized there was a sequel. I really enjoyed the original manga, so I'm going to have to check this out. It looks like those of you who have read it are enjoying it so far.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-04, 10:04   Link #11
SidVicious
Anime addict

Fruits Basket Manga Gets 3 New Short Chapters Focusing on Hatori, Shigure and Ayame

The first chapter will ship in the magazine's combined 10th and 11th issues on April 20, the second chapter will ship in the 13th issue on June 5, and the third chapter will ship in the 15th issue on July 5.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...i-trio/.145392
Old 2019-04-04, 22:13   Link #12
zztop

I understand Takaya Natsuki's previous work, Liselotte and the Witch's Forest, is still on hiatus, right?

I suppose she must be taking her time to relax, considering her many health problems then.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote