AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-22, 13:42   Link #1
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
Making new Kimi Ga Nozomu fans

This past Friday I held a screening and I showed episode 1 and 2 of Kimi Ga Nozomu Ein. Safe to say that everyone was nearly bored out of their wits with the first episode, which didn't surprise me. They were like "Are you going to be showing more of this?" I told them yes and to just bear with it. With this show you have to show episode 1 and 2 together or else no one will want to continue it. So episode 2 came on and they were all cheering at the fact that Haruka and Takayuki were finally about to have sex. Someone in the audience screamed out about they being much faster than the couple in KareKano.

When they saw Mitsuki taking up Takayuki's time, the boo's and the "Oh no she didn't" began surfacing. So, basically, no one was feeling the fact that Mitsuki was hogging Haruka's boyfriend. So when the end of the episode 2 came, everyone screamed in unison, "WHERE'S THE NEXT EPISODE?!"

I really had no plans of screening the next one, since the rest of the story would've just pissed them off even more. Later I was talking about it with some of them, and they had commented on Mitsuki obviously having feelings for him first, Takayuki being a jerk, they had wanted Haruka to die at first cause she was so damn innocent until they realized that she was just a closet freak, and that Shinji obviously had the most sense out of all of them. One person even mentioned the fact that Akane might confess to Takayuki considering the feelings of sexual aggression she had towards him.

I thought it was interesting to see their views after we've been here arguing and sharing views about the show for so long. Like some of these sound similar to what people have been saying, but at the same time, it sounds totally different from others. I can't wait to show them the rest.
Old 2003-11-22, 18:28   Link #2
Key Board
Carbon

Well... you should be very VERY prepared by now.

I'd say show them the rest, and let them bring on the arguments. You have nothing to fear.

Oh, and please continue to give us little updates like this.
Old 2003-11-22, 20:31   Link #3
Tboz

Hmm... why don't you get them to post here as well? Maybe they have some interesting insights that are not covered here yet.

Old 2003-11-22, 20:38   Link #4
lordwu

Yeah, ask them to come here and share their opinions. It's always fun to see some new voices since we pretty much know the opinions of the regulars now. We need some new blood, really.
Old 2003-11-22, 21:33   Link #5
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

too bad when I tried to hook people into KimiNozo two years ago failed no matter how I tried telling people it's not an ordinary "hentai" game. Same goes for Kanon in 1998.

Frankly, gaijins are only interested in stuff once its out on anime form.

Oh, well. At least its a good thing that I can read Japanese and know the stuff beforehand. Kinda sucks to be always ahead of everyone and not being able to "join in" in the excitement.
Old 2003-11-22, 22:04   Link #6
bluemist
i am the mist

For me, I was trying to hook everyone into the anime version of Kanon, but failed. They would prefer all the 'manservice' in Prince of Tennis more than what they think is an ordinary boring h-game to anime conversion.

(not to say pot is a bad anime, I'm addicted to it as well~~)

But about Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, I managed to make a fan out of someone. Yeah, this guy let me suggest a new romantic anime to watch, so I said instantly Kiminozo. He liked it as well.
Old 2003-11-23, 00:04   Link #7
Diedrupo

I love Kanon, but I think the problems with shows like Kiminozo and Kanon for general audiences is that only a small segment will truly appreciate the school setting drama - most people are ADD-infested dorks who prefer Rurouni Kenshin or Hellsing - but everyone would start to appreciate these shows once the "twists" started coming in. In Kanon's case, it comes in around ep 6 or so, where Kanon has nothing but non-stop emotional episodes (it's a pity that nobody died in Kanon like they did in the game). In Kiminozo, you just have to wait til the end of ep 2 for people to realize "damn, this isn't an ordinary romance drama!"

I loved the first 2 eps of Kiminozo for what they were, but I can see how a lot of casual anime fans, who have no interest in school relationship anime, would be bored by those 2 eps, and not have real interest until 2's ending.
Old 2003-11-23, 06:09   Link #8
Tboz

Heh... some of my friends even think its sissy to watch shows of the romance genre. To them these shows are only suitable when you have a girlfriend along in the cinema.

Kanon didn't really have alot of things moving in the first few episodes. It was lucky that I have a high threshold to sit through them. The last few episodes however are really tear-jerkers. So I can say that I like the series too.
Old 2003-11-23, 08:54   Link #9
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
Heh... some of my friends even think its sissy to watch shows of the romance genre. To them these shows are only suitable when you have a girlfriend along in the cinema.

Kanon didn't really have alot of things moving in the first few episodes. It was lucky that I have a high threshold to sit through them. The last few episodes however are really tear-jerkers. So I can say that I like the series too.

Same here man.....most of my friends even ask me if im GAY......and im all like WTF?...they said the same thing about kiminozo.......BUT......after forcing there asses to watch atleast the first 2 eps......if they didnt like it......i would buy them pizza......(btw they where 3 dudes all 19 +) and well.......they where all like.......ummm how many more eps do u have?.......i said 5......and they where all like........ummmmmm lets order pizza......its on us.......
I told them......NO gotta go to work dude........and they where like WF!!!!!! let us stay and we can leave when we are done!!!!! and i was like NOPE........suffer!!! hahahahaha.......im cruel i know .......but yeah i didnt even work so we all watched it...and they have changed their opinions now
Old 2003-11-23, 15:21   Link #10
Tboz

Hmm... not bad... more people converted to KgNE.
Old 2003-11-26, 02:48   Link #11
oasis

Send a message via ICQ to oasis Send a message via MSN to oasis
grr. im trying to get the girls in my class to watch kgne but i probably cant mention hentai. hmm.
and most of the guys will get bored after the first 5 min of ep1 since there isnt vampires guns mecha or gratuitous sex.
i think ill have to spring it on them. surprise! kgne!
Old 2003-11-26, 03:19   Link #12
Mentar
Banned

I would seriously consider glueing together eps 1 and 2 after cutting away the credits of ep1 and the opening of ep2. This way you have one big "prologue" and avoid scepticism in the transition from ep1 to ep2.
Old 2003-11-26, 11:54   Link #13
Tboz

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis
grr. im trying to get the girls in my class to watch kgne but i probably cant mention hentai. hmm.
and most of the guys will get bored after the first 5 min of ep1 since there isnt vampires guns mecha or gratuitous sex.
They don't have to know its adapted from a hentai game right?

Just tell them its a romance show will do.
Old 2003-11-27, 01:18   Link #14
CoolMofo

Quote:

I wonder how old those girls are. Anyhow, if they appreciate anime not just for the pretty characters, stylized violence or romance made in sugarland (not that they're all bad) then it shouldn't really matter whether it's based on an h game or not. Unless..they've seen a number of Chinese/Korean/Japanese drama series then the themes KGNE explores wouldn't be quite the innovative romance story that others without the exposure might think.
Old 2003-11-27, 06:17   Link #15
oasis

Send a message via ICQ to oasis Send a message via MSN to oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolMofo
I wonder how old those girls are. Anyhow, if they appreciate anime not just for the pretty characters, stylized violence or romance made in sugarland (not that they're all bad) then it shouldn't really matter whether it's based on an h game or not. Unless..they've seen a number of Chinese/Korean/Japanese drama series then the themes KGNE explores wouldn't be quite the innovative romance story that others without the exposure might think.
Speaking of which,
what exactly is so innovative about KGNE's romance story?
I'm finding it hard to pin down, except that I like it.
Old 2003-11-27, 21:29   Link #16
CoolMofo

Quote:
Speaking of which,
what exactly is so innovative about KGNE's romance story?
I'm finding it hard to pin down, except that I like it.

I fall into the "seen a number of drama series that explore these situations" category so I can't really say what's innovative about it but I've read comments from others that think it's quite original. As far as I could remember though, this is the only anime I've seen to go straight from first love under the summer sky to tragedy and constantly forcing it's young protagonists to choose their paths.
Old 2003-11-28, 01:43   Link #17
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolMofo
I fall into the "seen a number of drama series that explore these situations" category so I can't really say what's innovative about it but I've read comments from others that think it's quite original. As far as I could remember though, this is the only anime I've seen to go straight from first love under the summer sky to tragedy and constantly forcing it's young protagonists to choose their paths.

U got that right bro!

Kiminozo!!!!!
Old 2003-11-28, 05:24   Link #18
wao
OK.

I think part of why people enjoy it also ahs to do with the fact that the characters make a lot of mistakes... and we all like seeing other people make mistakes.

I guess it also has to do with the pwetty girls and everything. (Personally I think Takayuki's actually quite good looking... but I'd never go for him )
Old 2003-11-28, 08:00   Link #19
GUTB_

Alright. The story itself is pure soap opera. Just more compressed and less tedious than in Young & The Restless, etc. All it needs is for Haruka to have an evil twin sister and we're set

However, I will say this about the anime: it has VERY STRONG direction. Cinematography is EXCELLENT. Anime TV series usually don't have production leadership this strong. I can't find any prior works by director Watanabe Tetsuya, but I am now a fan of this director and will follow everything he works on. And he will continue to get work as a director for new series from now on or else the Japanese anime industry has no sense for quality whatsoever. It should be illegal for such competant talent to be forgotten by the industry.

Much of what we find appealing about the show is really due to his great direction in conjunction with the high-quality story. The director is the one responsible for breathing life and image into the story, and kgne comes alive very well.
Old 2003-11-28, 14:30   Link #20
Tboz

The director is good at exploring and exploiting the characters' feelings and inner turmoils and capturing them in the most sensitive way possible. All is left is how he will sweep up the mess and give it a satisfying fullstop. There really isn't much in the show that we haven't seen in other similar drama from Japan and Korea, one way or another...
Closed Thread