Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-11-14, 11:34   Link #1
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Arrival (2016)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2543164/

What can I say? It's the best hard science fiction movie I've seen since District 9. I mean, don't get me wrong, Edge of Tomorrow was fun to watch, but that was more fantastical action more than anything.

In any case, this movie was mindblowing. I personally don't really care about the thriller aspects, but finally we have a movie where I can dig the science fiction elements coming together (to put the spoilers to a minimum). Honestly this movie was everything I had hoped Interstellar to have become.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-17, 05:02   Link #2
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Just watched the movie. Very interesting, but I honestly had to do research on just the overall explanation of the movie after I had watched it. I had heard that this movie was mind blowing like Interstellar so I was looking for "mind blowing" scenarios but I didn't really come across it which is the reason for me looking up the explanation of the movie. Yes, it is mind blowing, but IMO not as mind blowing as Interstellar (which was easier to understand too). I'm still kind of scratching my head around the movie, but I think I understand the theory on a basic level...and I'll probably leave it at that.

On a side note, I was kinda of annoyed by Dr. Banks's "flashbacks" and emotional state throughout the film, but after seeing it through the end, I now understand the reason.

The film/plot does have quite a bit a flaws as I was reading other reviews after watching the film, especially in regards to the aliens and emotional drama added with a touch of military issues.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote