2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-11-20, 05:07   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 33 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans, Episode 33.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 05:14   Link #2
tdx

It was all talk, but damn, was it intense, as in a different kind of tension than battle episodes, but not inferior in the least.

First, Makanai did offer Kudelia to stay on Earth and eventually take his place. She refused though.

With McGillis, one, he is apparently not related to Izanario by blood, after all. And two, he offered Orga to be placed in charge of Martian GH and essentially for Tekkadan to become the kings of Mars, once Macky himself has GH under his control.

Takaki quits Tekkadan, and the small talk with Kudelia, where she said to him that there is a bigger picture and more choices than one although it is always hard to choose just one, seemed to be the key factor in it. Orga wants to take Macky up on his offer, and it's too big a goal for Takaki. (btw, props to Irensharda for being right on the money with this and Makanai's offer to Kudelia; oh, and Skaddix, too, for being right about Tekkadan's endgoal change)

Moreover, Orga going for a goal that big is bound to cause problems with Teiwaz. In Merribit's words, to the point where the power relationship between Tekkadan, if it goes that big, and Teiwaz will be reversed (I lol'ed when Orga, in reply to Merribit's shock, was like all clueless 'what, is there a problem with Teiwaz?' 'yes, there is! a huge one!' Shows that he really doesn't always think things through and is no good at long-term politics, duh) Kudelia isn't exactly gung-ho about this deal either, but her choice has been made, so I think we can expect her to stick with Tekkadan till the end, whatever it will be. They're literally in the same boat now, and the only way to come out of this storm alive is to work together closely and make up for each other's weaknesses, I suppose.

The little talk between Mika and Orga at the end is probably the highlight of the episode. Orga clearly understands that he might be pulling them into shit that's way over their heads and the damage and casualties will be immense no matter what they do, but he just can't stop, and speculating about his reasons why is an interesting topic. Imo, it's partly because it's just his nature, he can only move forward, and it's been solidified by Mika's demanding eyes throughout all the years they spent together, and now, even if Mika vaguely feels that they have the opportunity to stop, Orga just can't anymore. The negative effects of their twisted co-dependance in full glory, huh.

Another highly interesting detail: GaliVidar outright compares Julieta to Ein, and when she asks where such a great person (Ein) is now, he answers, "Close by". We have those suspicious boxes on Vidar... body horror pretty much confirmed, huh?

Based on the preview, in the next episode we'll see more of Teiwaz's side on the issue of Tekkadan growing so big and dangerous. Naze definitely seems to be in a tight spot there, and that clown in the fur coat will start making his moves, too, it seems.

Ah, and how could I forget: Lafter having feeling for Akihiro is all but confirmed as she asks Azee not to tell Darling. Geez Louise, how are they going to sort out that triangle.

Last edited by tdx; 2016-11-20 at 05:55.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 05:27   Link #3
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

I see the next arc has the turbines and Tekkadan facing off against the rogue Teiwaz leader as Vidar makes his reintroduction and soundly trashes Barbatos.
Old 2016-11-20, 05:47   Link #4
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
I see the next arc has the turbines and Tekkadan facing off against the rogue Teiwaz leader as Vidar makes his reintroduction and soundly trashes Barbatos.
I have a similar feeling: everything indicates that it will be a labored 3-way struggle between Tekkadan + McGillis' part of Gjallarhorn + likely the Turbines vs Rustal's part of GH and part of Teiwaz headed probably by Teiwaz's second-in-command Donomikols. I have a feeling that Barriston himself will probably refrain from butting in for now, preferring to observe for the time being. In any case, it's gonna be a disaster - one terribly exciting to watch, but a disaster all the same.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 06:02   Link #5
Aetherdraw

I'm satisfied for Takaki. He doesn't want to lose his sole remaining family. I can respect that, and so does the rest of Tekkadan. As for Gaelio...he says his friend is close by...does that mean he mixed parts of the Graze Ein and Alaya with his Gundam Kimaris to form the Vidar? Its possible since it seems to be under construction in the last few eps. and....THE SHIP HAS SAILED! At least one booster.... BUT STILL! ALL ABOARD SS AKILAFTER!!!!!
Aetherdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 06:04   Link #6
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Pairing. Justified.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 06:09   Link #7
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

It's funny how shota-gillis straight up asking for Bael when Rustal offered him to get something. But was he talking about Fareed's Gundam or somethig else? If he was talking bout the Gundam, did he find out its existense on its own, or did Iznario tell him? But damn, if it turned out to be the Gundam, that means McG already wanted to have his own Gundam for a long time now.

@Rising Dragon: See RD? McG had no problem with his involvement in the Arbrau-SAU war after all. And it seems like he did want a Gundam (and probably still is), if "Bael" that he referred to was the actual Fareed's Gundam. But it'll be funny if "Bael" turned out to be his dead family member or pet .

On another note, I didn't expect Takaki to quit, but after some input from Kudelia & Fuka, his reasoning is completely understandable. With this choice, he actually came full circle as Biscuit's successor by choosing to leave Tekkadan, prioritizing the happiness of his real family and avoiding dangerous jobs that can tear apart his sister's current happiness like what Cookie & Cracker suffered.

And yeah, AkixLafter is officially a thing.
It's established that Lafter is a wild ride on the sack. She probably thinks Naze is not wild enough for her, so she saw Akihiro and saw a potential partner . But being an item in Gundam series equals deathflag though. So.....
Old 2016-11-20, 06:12   Link #8
Azurial

Told ya LafterXAkihiro is sailing stronk XD

Mika first defeat next episode? Cause introducing Vidar means that he will shit on Mika just like Ein when he was fighting Mika and a min later Mika sacrifice his eye and arm to whoop his ass. I can see Mika sacrificing a part of his body in this season I wonder what he will feed it to Barbatos
Azurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 06:36   Link #9
Aetherdraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It's funny how shota-gillis straight up asking for Bael when Rustal offered him to get something. But was he talking about Fareed's Gundam or somethig else? If he was talking bout the Gundam, did he find out its existense on its own, or did Iznario tell him? But damn, if it turned out to be the Gundam, that means McG already wanted to have his own Gundam for a long time now.
Bael/Baal is a Winged Gundam Frame design recently shown off at Akihabara approximately yesterday.

Aetherdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 06:39   Link #10
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherdraw View Post
and....THE SHIP HAS SAILED! At least one booster.... BUT STILL! ALL ABOARD SS AKILAFTER!!!!!
*RIDES IN THE AKILAFTER TRAIN*

Anyways, I really like how this episode shows how close-knit the Tekkadan members are to each other. Orga supporting Takaki's decision and everybody going out their way to make his grief lighter is just awesome.
Old 2016-11-20, 06:53   Link #11
B214

Seems like the plot will be shifting its focus to Teiwaz this time and Tekkadan now has a foreseeable goal.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 06:53   Link #12
tsunade666

the ship akilafter is a shaky one. it has high chance to sink with bunch of deathflags being thrown around.

nice cooldown episode. I'm mix in Takaki's quiting but I understand that he prioritize his only blood related family. even if tekkadan is a one big family. He can't still just sit still and throw away everything for something that might end his life.

Mika is being mika with his harsh words but at least Aki is nice up to explain things to takaki.

Mika and Orga's talk is also nice and sad. The episode is actually really sad. With chad's grief and the high number of casualties that they received.

the wannabemachoimportant person in teiwaz is finally making his move. naze is also in tight situation with the offer of king for tekkadan from chocoman.

revelations and development. this gundam series always delivers it.
Old 2016-11-20, 07:01   Link #13
ReddyRedWolf

This episode is about the choices Tekkadan and Kudelia make when presented with options.

Wait McGillis' whole plan is to get rid of Gjallarhorn's corrupt element perhaps the whole 7 Stars and leave Orga holding the bag... Nope Orga that is a bad deal. You and Tekkadan taking Gjallarhorn's place means you answer to everybody!

Makanai wants Kudelia to succeed him in politics. Kudelia chose Mars over Earth even if most likely she can do more good as an Abrau politician.

Takaki chooses to quit Tekkadan for Fuka. Something Biscuit never could for his sisters.

Oh Azee tells Lafter she isn't going to tell Naze she is being unfaithful.

Jullieta no that wasn't a compliment.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 08:31   Link #14
Skaddix

King of Mars is what I expected then. Orga has Mars. Chocoman has Earth.

Still this was a slower episode with everyone making choices that are permanent.

Although Kudelia's choice was probably the easiest she has no connection to Earth. So there is no reason for her not to pick Mars.

Seems a lot of emphasis on being Mika is hard lately.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 08:34   Link #15
Tenzen12

Somehow I find myself enjoy non-action episodes of IBO much stronger than ones with it (even though these are strong on their own already).

McGillis offer sounds good and I even am inclined believe he completely honest here, but this world works on law if equivalent exchange with blood as main currency. And becoming "Kings if Mars" sound like pricey...

I am glad for Takaki and I hope he can stick with it.

Lafter x Akihiro is now official! Though it would be nice if we got some insight on Akihiro thoughts on that matter as brick wall is more expressive than him. That said he is pretty quick to offer his name to others and Lafter Atland has pretty nice ring
Old 2016-11-20, 08:35   Link #16
Skye629

Ok that ship has sailed

Now who wants tickets to the Gaelio/Julietta ship???

Wow, never thought I'd hear about Bael so soon, especially when they only just announced it with a few other MS only yesterday, surprise surprise, though ppl who dont follow the model stuff wouldnt know about it

This was a much needed break, though it seems the shitstorm starts up again next week

And good on Takaki, I hope he stays there, for his own good
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 08:38   Link #17
Irenesharda

First, I must say: Welcome to the good Ship USS LafterxAkihiro.

I'm glad we finally get confirmation that Lafter has some interest in our buff Gundam pilot. Now if we could just get something to show on his side...

As for the episode, we have lots of new info as one month has gone by since last episode. Tekkadan has decided to leave Earth after that whole debacle, and it's a good thing too since administration was a mess. Radice was basically running everything! No wonder he took over so easily. The problem is that Tekkadan doesn't as of yet have enough people who know enough math and business to be accountants in house. So they keep having to outsource. Sometimes that works like with Merribit, but sometimes you'll get a Radice. So there's an issue there.

Rustal and Iok play dumb as they continue to mess with McGillis' plans. We find out from a flashback that actually McGillis might not have been Iznario's child at all. So what was with that? Why did he bring in a total outsider? And if we go by the marks that Rustal caught a glimpse of, Iznario was also a child abuser on top of all the other horrible things he's done. I'm even beginning to wonder if it was only physical abuse, and there might have also been even more sinister things going on considering Iznario was hanging around another blond young boy last season that had the blank stare of someone who is being abused....
I have to wonder why McGillis didn't plan his death...or perhaps destroying everything he had built was worse?

Like I theorized, Takaki takes it hard what happened at the Earth Branch and how he had handled everything. But Orga is too preoccupied to help him deal with his issues and Mika doesn't really have much of a bedside manner. And in the end, Takaki decides to leave Tekkadan, get a job as a salaryman and raise Fuka so that she doesn't have to worry about him getting killed. Will this be the last we see of Takaki? I really hope not, but we'll have to see.

At the same time, McGillis comes to thank Tekkadan and once again reaffirms that he needs their help. He brings up Agnika again and I have to really believe that man was from Martian. But we'll see. McGillis sees the legendary hero in Tekkadan and he once he is able to take charge of Gjallarhorn, he wants to give authority over the Gjallarhorn Mars Branch to Tekkadan.
One one hand, this has its many issues. It might be too much power too soon and it might be overreaching for Orga. However, on the other hand, who is better to know Mars and how to deal with the protecting that area of space? It would also make them legitimate and is a job well suited for them. We'll have to weigh the options along with Orga.

Last, we see a bit more of Vidar and he made one creepy statement in regards to Ein and how he's closer to him then ever? Is it just me, or are they hinting that Ein is indeed alive? Could Vidar actually be some kind of Gaelio/Ein composite?!

Do we really need that sociopath back? Well, it looks like next week Vidar finally gets to do something, so lets see what he's got.

Oh, and child McGillis mentions Gundam Bael, what was up with that? And Rustal seemed to at least know what it was. Does Bael belong to one of the families? And how did kid McGillis even know about it at that age? Something interesting is going on here...

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2016-11-20 at 09:01.
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-20, 08:39   Link #18
Skaddix

Takaki leaving was a surprise. I also liked the responses from Orga and Mika.

I assume Kudelia is staying on Mars though to act as a check to Orga. Considering she is the only one around with some actual Government Experience.

Some would call this filler but I think it did a great job shifting us to endgame and raising the stakes. I mean going for all of Mars is tricky but considering the cost its really the only payoff that makes this worth it for Tekkadan.

I do wonder if we will ever get the flashback to Orga and Mika forming the unbreakable bond.
Old 2016-11-20, 08:40   Link #19
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Don't trust chocolate man, he betray his own friends to get where he at and will probably screw over Tekkendan if things are not going his way.
Old 2016-11-20, 08:45   Link #20
Skaddix

The problem is McGillis cant really screw Tekkadan hard until the last moment. Unless he has been a super unreliable narrator the whole time.