AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2020-04-21, 07:28   Link #1
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

What series are you quarantine binge watching right now?

Just a general thread for those looking for good shows to binge watch during the quarantine in your areas, though in my case it's for my down time when I'm not on front line duty.

I actually recently finished Shield Hero, which was a surprise for me since I generally don't watch Isekai. Gonna be starting... well... My Hero Academia probably tomorrow when I get home from work. That's a lot of episodes, and some of my friends have be bugging me to watch it.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-21, 07:42   Link #2
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I've rewatched the initial season of Nodame Cantabile, the second season of Saiunkoku Monogatari, and both seasons of 3-gatsu no Lion. In a case of bad timing on my part I decided to watch the 148 episodes of Hunter X Hunter 2011 a few weeks before the quarantine began. I also rewatched all fifty episodes of Kemono no Sou-ja Erin not long ago, so that's not on the list either.

Might need to rewatch Cross Game again since there's no baseball.

I also might start watching Uchuu Kyoudai again; I haven't watched that in quite a while.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-21, 09:55   Link #3
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Miira no Kaikata. I needed something positive and life-affirming.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-21, 11:06   Link #4
Blaat

Reddit is doing a rewatch of Den-noh Coil so I decided to join in.
Old 2020-04-22, 00:13   Link #5
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Recently did New Game and Interspecies Reviewers, as well as part of Vandread (made it through the first season before net problems delayed me long enough to switch series). Currently doing the last arc of DBS and thinking of doing Fairy Tail (have yet to finish that one).
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-25, 00:09   Link #6
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Just a general thread for those looking for good shows to binge watch during the quarantine in your areas, though in my case it's for my down time when I'm not on front line duty.

I actually recently finished Shield Hero, which was a surprise for me since I generally don't watch Isekai. Gonna be starting... well... My Hero Academia probably tomorrow when I get home from work. That's a lot of episodes, and some of my friends have be bugging me to watch it.
It's very good, about the level of Black Clover, but it's not quite as good as Fairy Tail, Attack on Titan, One Punch Man or Demon Slayer, in my opinion, to name the newer anime that come to mind, like last half a decade or so. The rest of the newer ones, don't come close to them as much as I've seen. I'd be delighted to see an exception.

On topic: I'm still watching Shin Sekai Yori, didn't have a too big impact on me as I usually take 4 or 5 days at most in watching a 24-26 episode anime when I'm hooked, meanwhile I watched 3 seasons from The Outer Limits (as proof my signature is the ending of the last ep of the 2nd season) and I still have some episodes of the anime left.

PS: I wanted to watch Shield Hero too, but my Plasma TV refused the format and I ended up watching other shows and the anime I just mentioned.
Old 2020-04-25, 01:36   Link #7
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dy View Post
It's very good, about the level of Black Clover, but it's not quite as good as Fairy Tail, Attack on Titan, One Punch Man or Demon Slayer, in my opinion, to name the newer anime that come to mind, like last half a decade or so. The rest of the newer ones, don't come close to them as much as I've seen. I'd be delighted to see an exception.

On topic: I'm still watching Shin Sekai Yori, didn't have a too big impact on me as I usually take 4 or 5 days at most in watching a 24-26 episode anime when I'm hooked, meanwhile I watched 3 seasons from The Outer Limits (as proof my signature is the ending of the last ep of the 2nd season) and I still have some episodes of the anime left.

PS: I wanted to watch Shield Hero too, but my Plasma TV refused the format and I ended up watching other shows and the anime I just mentioned.
I'm planning One Punch Man when I finish MHA.
Old 2020-04-25, 01:53   Link #8
Johnny Dy

Good choice. I'd go Kimetsu no Yaiba next, it's just too good.
Knowing what I know, I would go with these 2 1st, then the lengthy MHA, but then, you won't be able to eagerly return the recommendations to your friends stating as I just stated that you just watched 2 that were even better than their own recommendation!

Bla, bla, long story short, redundantly said: enjoy!

@: I've watched the 3th season of MHA 2 times, I forgot where I've left off several months ago and I found out about middle 3rd season that there wasn't made a 4th, so I'm rewatching it! -_-' It's good but just not the best of the best. The best of the best I know by heart only watching them once, like the 2 I just mentioned.

I see the 4th season just finished recently... hmm, I should check it out.

@@: By the way, I've seen the movie after the 3rd season, it's very good! It's a must see. Honestly Bleach and Naruto movies were not at the same level as the anime as much as I'm concerned (the ones I've seen), but in MHA's case, it's at least the same, if not slightly topping it, which is a rare and great feed for a movie!

Shait man, there are 2 movies out! I was talking about the one from 2018 Two Heroes, but there's one last year too Heroes Rising. Well, have to see that one too, obviously!

Last edited by Johnny Dy; 2020-04-25 at 02:14.
Johnny Dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-25, 12:12   Link #9
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well...I don't get to have much time off (in fact I have even less time off now) but if I were going to binge watch it would be Paranoia Agent considering I've had the full series ready to watch for the past two months but just haven't got round to it. I suppose I probably will once this season's delays kick in. In fact, it may be an opportunity for me to work through more of my Watch List
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-25, 13:20   Link #10
juanlien

Naruto movies
juanlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-25, 15:16   Link #11
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I've decided to rewatch Golden Kamuy along with Uchuu Kyoudai. They provide different forms of entertainment. Kamuy has such rich storytelling and characterization that it's worth another look.
Old 2020-05-03, 07:29   Link #12
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Finished the first 3 seasons of My Hero Academia. I am of the opinion that if the manga doesn't end with Dekuravity and Kamijirou as canon I'ma cut a guy.

Will watch One Punch Man Season 1 before I finish of the remainign season of MHA.
Old 2020-05-03, 11:21   Link #13
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Watched both seasons of Spice and Wolf. I vaguely recall once trying this show and putting it aside, so I decided the quarantine was a good opportunity to give it a second chance. I thought the story was unnecessarily convoluted at times, but the characterizations and voice acting really carried the day.
Old 2020-05-03, 13:00   Link #14
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Finished the first 3 seasons of My Hero Academia. I am of the opinion that if the manga doesn't end with Dekuravity and Kamijirou as canon I'ma cut a guy.

Will watch One Punch Man Season 1 before I finish of the remainign season of MHA.
Yeh well, I don't think you will stop there given the choice between MHA4 & OPM2! For me OPM2 is a 10/10, best shit out of the lot, and season 1 just a 9/10, still better than MHA.

I am curious if you can stop at S1 and Ur plan will go to schedule. Do tell.
If I were a betting man, which I am, my money is on a big fat "NO"!
Old 2020-05-03, 17:12   Link #15
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
but if I were going to binge watch it would be Paranoia Agent
I don't recommend binge watching that one. It could lead to depression. It's one of those shows that can really get under your skin. Even though I can't think of a second show that manages something like this. Maybe Narutaru, but it's been so long, I've forgotten why I'm terrified of it.
Old 2020-05-08, 10:32   Link #16
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Just watching some recent staff I had no time to watch: Interspecies Revievers, ID: Invaded, Psyho-Pass 3 (+SS movies). I have some older things in PTW but not in the mood for them yet.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2020-05-10 at 06:49.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-09, 19:04   Link #17
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm rewatching GeGeGe no Kitarou (2018) right now. I skip over some episodes that I know are one-offs, but it's been very rewarding to see how the major themes of the show unfold in the early going. Episode four really sets out some of the main issues in the story, ones that persist up until the end over ninety episodes later. The "Backbeard" arc is coming up soon. Toei's writing staff for this show produced some top-notch work, both in terms of the overall plot structure and in the details of the dialogues.
Old 2020-05-10, 00:22   Link #18
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I just did Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2045. A very fun and entertaining cyberpunk show. I recommend it if you're in the mood of CG futuristic show with good action & story.
Old 2020-05-12, 17:39   Link #19
DracoS

Bleach oddly enough. Thought I watch it in the mindset of "how to start a story" for writing purposes... and well I'm at episode 9 already

The animation has aged a bit, but god the sound work is a masterpiece and Ichigo and Rukia characterisation is well done.

Last edited by DracoS; 2020-05-12 at 17:59.
DracoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-13, 07:44   Link #20
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0cean View Post
I don't recommend binge watching that one. It could lead to depression. It's one of those shows that can really get under your skin. Even though I can't think of a second show that manages something like this. Maybe Narutaru, but it's been so long, I've forgotten why I'm terrified of it.
Well there's virtually no chance of me watching it at any rate higher than 1 ep per week anyway but thanks for the heads up. I still need to catch up on this season's anime. XP
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote