Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2020-11-02, 10:22   Link #1
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Light novel series that you will be sad to see it ends

There is a narrative that light novels are disposable entertainment. I admit that I sometimes hold that thought, despite devouring a lot of light novels years ago. I pretty much stopped reading light novels around 2016. But now recently when I tried to pick them up again, I found out that some series I used to follow had already ended, and I did felt some kind of sadness. Maybe part of it is I wanted them to get more exposure, but then again, for the type of stories they told an one-cour anime was might be the best they could had hoped for, and a lot of them had it. I should probably stop thinking that light novels are disposable either way.

Anyway, do you have any light novels series that you will be sad to see it ends? Something that you have followed for a very long time and have already formed a bond with the characters? I only recently noticed that some popular light novel series have already ran over a decade by now.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-02, 10:45   Link #2
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

You know, it is much more depressing when the author starts dragging the LN plot to get more volumes published or when the novel is simply axed because author got out of ideas/bad sales. If it is a proper ending, it is always a good thing.

I am more sad that a few LNs I was reading/planned to read either got axed or there are no new volumes for a few years already.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote